• Minecraft Chat Thread v68 : Jeburary edition
    10,002 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Jurikuer;35910265]Technically that's as true as it is false.[/QUOTE] what
It's highly illogical that worthless junk is rendered even if you can't see it. Anyway, I still haven't managed to fix Minecraft freezing after 15 minutes. Here's my specs from the top of my head, I'm not at my computer right now: 4 GB Ram, I think DRR2 or 3. 2.5 GHZ Intel Dual Core processor. Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT. Someone on the Minecraft forum said these specs should be good enough to run Minecraft smoothly, but it doesn't. I tried Optifine, but that'll just make it crash. I heard it's not quite easy on the HDD though, my disk is fragmented or 50% or so.
So basically Foogooman, you want Mojang to develop two games, both called Minecraft? It's what you'd end up with. I'm not sure how you expect them to port the game over to C++, optimise it and keep up with development of the Java version. The C++ version would always be a few versions behind.
[QUOTE=TehWhale;35909935]Java wasn't meant for games.[/QUOTE] So they should use something like GameMaker then? Since that's made for games.
Using multicraft to set up a server and having a few problems with some plugins. One is the deathban plugin which works fine but we cannot change anything in its config file because when we do and restart the server everything in that file resets to default. Second is the sneak plugin which doesn't seem to be working at all although we think it is because we havent added the permissions for the plugin which we don't know how to do. Any help?
[QUOTE=Foogooman;35902381]We should start a petition to re-write Minecraft in C++ Notch could easily afford to bring on a couple C++ programmers. Jeb continues developing the Java version for Macs and coordinates with the C++ team on the PC version. [editline]10th May 2012[/editline] Hell the xbox 360 team already coded the entire game in C++, it's just an older version. Now just bring on a new guy to bring it up to date for PCs.[/QUOTE] Because c++ magically fixes everything.
c++ is made by fairy pixies from uranus that will save minecraft from evil notch
I didn't expect to learn so much about C++ and software development in this thread.
[QUOTE=Foogooman;35909431]1. If it's stupid then why did Mojang do it for the 360? They coded it to work with the 360 platform, just the same way they should code it to work with the PC platform.[/QUOTE] um first of all it wasnt mojang and then the xbox uses xna natively so yea
xna is just a framework for C#, as mentioned above
[video=youtube;lBICLteuQs8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBICLteuQs8[/video]
[QUOTE=st0rmforce;35911024]So basically Foogooman, you want Mojang to develop two games, both called Minecraft? It's what you'd end up with. I'm not sure how you expect them to port the game over to C++, optimise it and keep up with development of the Java version. The C++ version would always be a few versions behind.[/QUOTE] It's like no one is even reading my posts. The idea is to hire a couple new C++ employees to coordinate with Jeb. Both versions would always be up to date.
Dudes you've got to check out this new and awesome survival hardcore server. -noone cares- [highlight](User was banned for this post ("Spam" - Gran PC))[/highlight]
[QUOTE=Foogooman;35915300]It's like no one is even reading my posts. The idea is to hire a couple new C++ employees to coordinate with Jeb. Both versions would always be up to date.[/QUOTE] It's like you're not reading noone's posts. There's no point in starting a completely new game alongside java version just because "performance gain". Minecraft is still being worked upon so don't expect it working top notch(non intended). Mojang will surely optimize the game more.
[QUOTE=chill_dude;35915699]Dudes you've got to check out this new and awesome survival hardcore server. -yeah no-[/QUOTE] No
[QUOTE=Failure;35915721]It's like you're not reading noone's posts. There's no point in starting a completely new game alongside java version just because "performance gain". Minecraft is still being worked upon so don't expect it working top notch(non intended). Mojang will surely optimize the game more.[/QUOTE] They surely won't. Not reading my posts, track record, etc.
"I know guys, let's spend a load of money hiring some people to make a new version of the game in C++!" "So we'll have a company full of Java programmers and no Java software?" "Well we can [i]simply[/i] maintain both codebases side by side for the rest of our lives. We can release any new stuff on whichever version is ahead, then release the other when it catches up." "People won't like that" "Well then we could just delay any release for an extra week or so, while we port everything over" "But wait, if we hire these guys and they start porting the current version, by the time they finish we'll already be several versions ahead on the Java version" "Aha! Not if we make sure they're always working towards the latest version. We can constantly change their goal so that they never know what they're working on from one day to the next! If they get depression from working on an unmanageable project, we can just fire them and get new guys!" "But why would we do this?" "Because Java is a bit crap. C++ is exactly the same as Java but not crap." "Can you shut the door on your way out."
[QUOTE=chill_dude;35915699]Dudes you've got to check out this new and awesome survival hardcore server. -nope-[/QUOTE] TOTALLY NOT YOUR SERVER
[img]http://puu.sh/ubXI[/img] NOPENOPENOPE
[QUOTE=Recurracy;35911023]It's highly illogical that worthless junk is rendered even if you can't see it. Anyway, I still haven't managed to fix Minecraft freezing after 15 minutes. Here's my specs from the top of my head, I'm not at my computer right now: 4 GB Ram, I think DRR2 or 3. 2.5 GHZ Intel Dual Core processor. Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT. Someone on the Minecraft forum said these specs should be good enough to run Minecraft smoothly, but it doesn't. I tried Optifine, but that'll just make it crash. I heard it's not quite easy on the HDD though, my disk is fragmented or 50% or so.[/QUOTE] Are you using a 32 bit or a 64 bit OS?
[QUOTE=NoNameForEvil;35918829][img]http://puu.sh/ubXI[/img] NOPENOPENOPE[/QUOTE] What texturepack is that? Craftee?
[QUOTE=NoNameForEvil;35918829][img]http://puu.sh/ubXI[/img] NOPENOPENOPE[/QUOTE] Brightened up the image, for all those wondering, It's an Enderman [IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2dvli68.png[/IMG]
"Asswarble Shitstain" is a really good seed.
[QUOTE=MeltingData;35919388]"Asswarble Shitstain" is a really good seed.[/QUOTE] So is "ToS".
[QUOTE=Foogooman;35915300]It's like no one is even reading my posts. The idea is to hire a couple new C++ employees to coordinate with Jeb. Both versions would always be up to date.[/QUOTE] C++ isn't a magical language that make a game run better. There is literally no point to have two versions of the game. Besides, there'll be a bunch of mods and stuff exclusively for Java Minecraft and a bunch of mods exclusively for C++ Minecraft, since you can and can't do some things with one or the other. You'd just divide up the community into "other programming language sux lol"
Was exploring the 'larger biomes' world type on snapshot 12w19a, found just about the best hollowed out mountain I've ever seen. Pic with coords and seed provided to those that want it (its larger and darker inside than these pics make it seem) [img]http://i.imgur.com/zAQJgh.jpg[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/rMvPjh.jpg[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/GqpNUh.jpg[/img]
[QUOTE=TheForeigner;35913623][video=youtube;lBICLteuQs8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBICLteuQs8[/video][/QUOTE] It honestly isn't a bad song, just that his voice is high pitched cause he is like what 10? Also that dancing shit he did, that was just silly.
[QUOTE=st0rmforce;35916861]"I know guys, let's spend a load of money hiring some people to make a new version of the game in C++!" "So we'll have a company full of Java programmers and no Java software?" "Well we can [i]simply[/i] maintain both codebases side by side for the rest of our lives. We can release any new stuff on whichever version is ahead, then release the other when it catches up." "People won't like that" "Well then we could just delay any release for an extra week or so, while we port everything over" "But wait, if we hire these guys and they start porting the current version, by the time they finish we'll already be several versions ahead on the Java version" "Aha! Not if we make sure they're always working towards the latest version. We can constantly change their goal so that they never know what they're working on from one day to the next! If they get depression from working on an unmanageable project, we can just fire them and get new guys!" "But why would we do this?" "Because Java is a bit crap. C++ is exactly the same as Java but not crap." "Can you shut the door on your way out."[/QUOTE] You're inventing problems that needn't be the case. Companies make PC, Mac, and Linux versions for their games all the time. They make it happen, Mojang could do the same.
[QUOTE=Foogooman;35921225]You're inventing problems that needn't be the case. Companies make PC, Mac, and Linux versions for their games all the time. They make it happen, Mojang could do the same.[/QUOTE] But is it really necessary, to inconvenience coders, spend time and effort, and delay progress for some extra performance?
[QUOTE=Agent Fedora;35921280]But is it really necessary, to inconvenience coders, spend time and effort, and delay progress for some extra performance?[/QUOTE] It's not an inconvenience at all. Notch would be giving one or two people a job, they would be happy just to be working at Mojang I'm certain. It's not a financial inconvenience either because Notch has some 60 million if I recall correctly.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.