[/URL]What's it for?
[/U][URL="http://www.borderlands2.com/"][/URL][/B]Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
[B][U]WHEN, DEAR GOD, WHEN?!
[/U][/B]We're gonna catch a glimpse of it at Gamescom and PAX, don't worry.
[B][U]FUCK YOU, GIVE ME A RELEASE DATE!
[/U][/B]Fine, fine. Fiscal year 2013. That's April 1st, 2012 onwards.
[B][U]So what's in it?
[/U][/B]Borderlands 2 has been said to have:
[I]- New Characters
- New Skills
- Many new environments
- Weapons, all those delicious weapons.
- A 'deliciously crafted' story.
- Players will reveal [b]secrets,[/b] and escalate [b]mysteries[/b] of the Borderlands universe as they adventure across the unexplored new areas of Pandora.
- [b]The original cast are now NPCs[/b]
- [highlight]Claptrap is back![/highlight]
- Currency is now 'Eridium'
- Weapons are being overhauled.
- NPCs are planned to interact with eachother and generally be more alive.
[/I]The reveal of Borderlands 2 and their first new character will be in the latest issue of Game Informer Magazine.
[highlight]AND HERE ARE THOSE CONFIRMED DETAILS, COURTESY OF USAOKAY[/highlight]
[QUOTE=usaokay;31649077]Game Informer article scan
I just read the entire article and here's the rundown of it:
[b]- 5 years since the first Borderlands.
- Some jackass named Handsome Pete has taken the credit and glory for opening the vault. He later rose to power as the CEO for Hyperion and the dictator of Pandora.
- The four Vault Hunters from the first game will have their story and backstory fleshed out more. They will also be scattered around the planet since they seem to have gone their separate ways (and they still have a bounty on their heads).
- The Gunzerker is basically an upgraded version of the Beserker.
- The AI and enemies will communicate to each other, thus changing up the tactics a bit.
- Uncovering new locations will grant XP.
- Quests will radically change due to gameplay.
- A bandit faction called the Bloodletters (or something like that) are gun nuts. They even have a statue of Marcus.
- A new vehicle called the Bandit Technical. Gearbox wanted vehicles that doesn't suck, so they set out to improve on the textures, seating for co-op, and better collision detection.
- Shitload of new awesome enemies.
- Skags are much more dangerous this time around. An elemental skag can power-up a bunch of pup skags by using its power.
- Class mods and elemental damage will have more distinct experiences.
- Day/Night transition, but now Pandora's moon has been blocked by a huge H (that stands for Hyperion).
- Class skill trees will be more than just simple stat changes.
- A new element is called Eridium that is found on some weapons. While it adds on no attack value, it does augments other elemental damage. Besides enhancing guns, its strange alien property is supposedly a super currency on Pandora.
- Claptrap is coming back and he's still pissed about Hyperion. How he's going to deal with it is going to be way different than your plans.
- Gun brands will be much more noticeable by having a theme and a unique visual style.
- A throwable Tediore gun that acts like a grenade. The gun will respawn in the player's hand with a new magazine. The more bullets left remaining in the magazine, the bigger the explosion.
- Banter with player characters (ala. L4D and Dragon Age)[/b][/QUOTE]
Borderlands 2 is also appearing at PAX Prime and Gamescom.
[B][U]Where are the Screenshots? :([/U][/B]
The character featured in these screenshots is known as the Gunzerker. I'll make a classes subtitle once the second is revealed.
For now, magazine scans from the thread contributors.
Given that I obtained a new found love for this game last summer when I decided to play it on a new character co-op with a friend, I proceeded to buy ALL the DLC after that and beat every single one. I love Borderlands and I can't wait for this either.
[QUOTE=2kGames]Next Friday, August 19th, 2K Games will be broadcasting LIVE from GamesCom as Gearbox Software presents [b]a demonstration of Borderlands 2[/b] and answers questions from our fans! The world premier online look at our much-anticipated return to Pandora will be broadcast on our uStream channel at [url]http://www.ustream.tv/2kgameslive[/url] at 8:00 PT (17:00 CET, 16:00 BST)[/QUOTE]
[b]Leaked footage from Kotaku[/b]
I actually am beyond stoked for this.
God Borderlands was a great co op game with friends. I am so glad there is going to be another!
Also on the Borderlands 2 website it says:
[quote]Players will reveal secrets, and escalate mysteries of the [I][B]Borderlands[/B][/I] universe as they adventure across the unexplored new areas of Pandora.[/quote]
This gives a bit of information about the story.
I'll be fine. I didn't care for the first one.
[QUOTE=Black0ut;31504529]Here's the Game Informer cover:[/QUOTE]
That guy looks like a goat.
Anyway I'm damn excited for this.
This was the best coop game i've played.
[QUOTE=Black0ut;31504529]Here's the Game Informer cover:[/QUOTE]
I'll throw it into the OP, the lack of media is disturbing.
Hell yeah, sign me up!
I did not care much for the first. It was just alright.
Holy shit. Can't wait.
It was alright as a single-player game. But co-op with a friend was great fun. I had a blast playing with my co-op bud through the entirety of the campaign.
I'm not incredibly excited for the sequel, but I will most certainly be getting it at some point.
Hopefully the weapons will be drop the same way as in 1.
There's semen on everything
i can't wait holy shit
Well, this looks promising. I quite liked the first Borderlands, even without the DLC, so I am gonna be interested in this new one.
Also, I hope the old characters return to fight alongside the new ones, especially the dual-wielding shortie-berserker badass that is "Goat". (I hope he's actually a playable character)
Also also, what kinda skills d'you think we'll get? Maybe calling up some fierce Spiderant or battle Robot for a "Petmaster" kinda class?
[QUOTE=ironman17;31504645]Also also, what kinda skills d'you think we'll get? Maybe calling up some fierce Spiderant or battle Robot for a "Petmaster" kinda class?[/QUOTE]
Perhaps we'll see 87 bazillion kinds of armour? Not sure if I'd enjoy an armour system in borderlands, but the sheer amount of armour there could be would be interesting.
[QUOTE=XSarcYX;31504694]Perhaps we'll see 87 bazillion kinds of armour? Not sure if I'd enjoy an armour system in borderlands, but the sheer amount of armour there could be would be interesting.[/QUOTE]
As long as the final boss won't be "get out of his covery range and snipe the fuck out of him" and there will actually be some challenge within the game, I'm happy.
Fuck yes, I'm so glad they decided to make a sequel. I loved the first one.
this years gamescom gonna be Awesome!
I never thought they would make a second, I'm so happy they are.
I got the first with all DLC on Steam, can't wait for this.
It seems like we're at least getting miniguns, I hope we get grenade launchers too, you could make them by modding the first game but they blocked it, I had great times creating sticky launchers and giving them to random people online :v:
Are those robots to the left Claptrap? If so he looks like a badass now.
Egh the first was pretty meh. If this one looks better I might forgive it.
Maybe this time they'll get rid of the ridiculous level scaling so having a buddy five levels higher than you doesn't make every enemy nigh-unkillable.
I still need to buy the first one and play it though. But i'll be paying attention to this.
I know somepeople have a problem with the first one, and I dont understand why? With the right people, that game was fun as hell. Can't wait for this.
also: Only just announced. entire collection of released media consists of a single picture.
And they already expect us to preorder it.
Either they are really confident or really dumb.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.