• WoW Cataclysm 2010
    5,001 replies, posted
our main tank for raiding got burn out and quit, sold his account to a guildie. now we've slowly recruited some good tanks. tommorow we're finally going to be doing some more of BWD. the only reason i'm still playing is to make gold.. it's the only thing i do and i do it all day. i've got something like 60k now, and i had 5k a few weeks ago
[QUOTE=Bat-shit;27632668]ever killed c'thun? or some other AQ40 bosses, or some naxx40.. they were pretty awesome imo, the mechanics were pretty unique, unlike today[/QUOTE] did you kill c'thun when he was endgame, did you kill yogg +0? fair play if you did
Never actually leveled 1-60, how is it in cata? is it actually fun?
Yes.
[QUOTE=Jimbomcb;27633007]did you kill c'thun when he was endgame, did you kill yogg +0? fair play if you did[/QUOTE] yeah killed it in end game most definitely.. very good execution. not looking to prove anything, was just asking. and no, havent killed yogg in any mode. though it sucks how some hard modes were basically that, if your raid doesn't do some amount of insanely high DPS, you die. :v: but then again i haven't seen any of the hardest of hardmodes in wotlk, but i'd still imagine them being really hard yet "simpler" than the old school encounters
[img]http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/7817/wowscrnshot012311172055.jpg[/img] [img]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5632/wowscrnshot012311222633.jpg[/img] :v:
Peacebloom vs. Ghouls was really fun. I wish that you could continue to play it after finishing the questline, however.
[QUOTE=Bat-shit;27636648]yeah killed it in end game most definitely.. very good execution. not looking to prove anything, was just asking. and no, havent killed yogg in any mode. though it sucks how some hard modes were basically that, if your raid doesn't do some amount of insanely high DPS, you die. :v: but then again i haven't seen any of the hardest of hardmodes in wotlk, but i'd still imagine them being really hard yet "simpler" than the old school encounters[/QUOTE] i've not done the earlier endgame at the intended level so i can't say for sure but i can't see how it is "simplier" than the old school encounters in any way. yogg +0 is an extremely difficult fight and it's really not simple in any way I can think about. each phase requires a hell of a lot of focus and each person needs to do their part without fail, slightest mistake will end it for everyone. to put it in to perspective, stars had the world first alone in the darkness kill on july 7th 2009. wowprogress stopped tracking it on november 11th 2010. only 1566 guilds had managed to kill him in that whole year and a half. granted, with new content people stopped trying as much but that's still a pretty tiny number of guilds [editline]24th January 2011[/editline] i understand c'thun was pretty much impossible at time of release and probably was still unkillable for nearly all guilds later on but even still, if anything i see the older endgame encounters simpler in comparison to yogg +0
[QUOTE=NiGHTS88;27638182]Peacebloom vs. Ghouls was really fun. I wish that you could continue to play it after finishing the questline, however.[/QUOTE] isn't it a daily?
Is mut still the main stray pvp spec? Really would love to go out of the box and use combat
jimbo's right, yogg +0 is one of the hardest fights in the entire game and imo one of the most intense ones. I never actually did any hardcore end game stuff, so i never really did yogg +0 but i can only imagine how hard it was, i mean it took over 2 months to beat right? Another one that comes to mind which I never did but I hear such good things about was the naxx 40 four horsemen. I think that one took about 2 months as well iirc. and watching videos of it when it was the latest raid made me realize just how impressive that fight was put together and how well it needed to be executed to be beat. The reason I don't really talk about c'thun is because when it was released it was downright impossible. There was literally no way to beat it. After blizzard fixed c'thun there was a small influx of people that got it down. Granted after the hotfix c'thun was still a pretty tough boss, but it's hard to judge how fast it would've been killed had it not been bugged. Being bugged gave people the time to learn the fight, even though you couldn't kill it.
To be fair, i've been raiding since vanilla, Ulduar was a [i]fantastic[/i] raid instance, one of the best yet. and yes Yogg+0 easily the most intense fight. C'tun was only remembered as hard, because frankly, it was overtuned.
[QUOTE=Itszutak;27638559]isn't it a daily?[/QUOTE] No, there are only five quests in the questline. You can't repeat any of them, or any variation of them.
Right. Now up to about 2k in gold from selling everything from that guild bank. Oh goodie.
Resto shamans are dumb.
Someone dropped a haunted memento in the guild bank I grabbed it, waiting for him to come back on so I can ask why he did that (he's one of the higher-ranking members)
why do people think that because something takes a lot of time/is annoying that makes it hard [editline]24th January 2011[/editline] vanilla wasn't hard
[QUOTE=Jimbomcb;27638374] probably was still unkillable for nearly all guilds later on but even still, if anything i see the older endgame encounters simpler in comparison to yogg +0[/QUOTE] This is guaranteed. Most guilds can't even kill the Twin Emp's because they're fucking idiots.
I might get this once I've finished leveling my dwarf to 60.
FUCK heroic deadmines. Just...fuck it. Takes ~2 full group quits and 10 heals, but finally we get to the last boss... and the fucking instance bugs. Can't complete. Evade bug. FUCK. I want to throw something through the fucking wall, this is fucking horseshit and I can't believe I wasted 3 fucking HOURS of my fucking LIFE on this shit. I am never doing this instance ever again unless it comes up randomly, and even then I'm not sure how much of it I can take
Where should I head to at 43? I'm ally and I've done Eastern + Western Plaguelands.
lol deadmines is easy
Ripsnarl isn't :saddowns:
My camera keeps turning to face exactly east even though I've got never adjust camera on.
So.. I just purchased duel spec and currently am holy / ret. Does healing level 40~ instances require having the good healing gear (Intel, Spirit, Equip bonus etc) or would I just be fine with quest gear that have Intel, Stamina + Spirit etc.
you could pally heal in strength gear and still do well
What's the best way to decide which class I should play? I'm getting the trial and I'm not sure what class I should try out.
I would suggest picking a hybrid class (one which can perform multiple roles) like paladins or druids who can perform all 3 roles. Then again just pick whatever you think is the coolest.
[QUOTE=Sir Whoopsalot;27649983]What's the best way to decide which class I should play? I'm getting the trial and I'm not sure what class I should try out.[/QUOTE] Druids and Hunters are my favourite classes. Also a note if you do get the game: don't get to 55 and start playing a Death Knight. Get to 85 first.
In what way does the race you pick affect your stats/skills? Oh, and if I get the game, which expansions should I get right away (and I mean NEEDED expansions, not the ones you're supposed to buy because of peer pressure)? Should I get Cataclysm straight away or need I not bother with the high level areas just yet?
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.