• Fallout Series Thread V10: Viva New Vegas
    10,002 replies, posted
Oh. My. God. How did I [i]ever[/i] play Fallout 3 without Fellout? It looks like a different game.
Sometimes it feels as if i'm the only one who doesn't mod fallout new vegas
[QUOTE=G-Man_v2;35682647]Sometimes it feels as if i'm the only one who doesn't mod fallout new vegas[/QUOTE] jesus christ how horrifying
[QUOTE=G-Man_v2;35682647]Sometimes it feels as if i'm the only one who doesn't mod fallout new vegas[/QUOTE] that is a shame
[QUOTE=G-Man_v2;35682647]Sometimes it feels as if i'm the only one who doesn't mod fallout new vegas[/QUOTE] The thought of vanilla New Vegas horrifies me. Once you use mods you can never go back.
[QUOTE=G-Man_v2;35682647]Sometimes it feels as if i'm the only one who doesn't mod fallout new vegas[/QUOTE] It's worth it, you get more out of the game with mods.
I tried to mod my FNV once. I used Nevada Skies, Electrocity or something like that, fixes, HD textures, etc. Never again. It added some shitty weather-control device, a location full of some engineer idiots, added even more bugs and incompatibility, plust fucking with that mod order launcher is so annoying. Vanilla isn't that bad anyway, I've clocked 100 hours on it.
My main problem with vanilla FO3 and FNV is that people soak up assault rifle bullets as if they where airsoft pellets.
[QUOTE=Demeschik;35683577]I tried to mod my FNV once. I used Nevada Skies, Electrocity or something like that, fixes, HD textures, etc. Never again. It added some shitty weather-control device, a location full of some engineer idiots, added even more bugs and incompatibility, plust fucking with that mod order launcher is so annoying. Vanilla isn't that bad anyway, I've clocked 100 hours on it.[/QUOTE] It's not like you have to use the weather control menu anyway, it's there just to manage the mod settings.
[QUOTE=Zezibesh;35684358]It's not like you have to use the weather control menu anyway, it's there just to manage the mod settings.[/QUOTE] Well, it still breaks the immersion by sitting in my inventory. But that's just me.
What're the best mods? I know this is a matter of personal taste, but I'd like to hear your opinions.
[QUOTE=Julz;35684681]What're the best mods? I know this is a matter of personal taste, but I'd like to hear your opinions.[/QUOTE] Animated Prostitution
[QUOTE=Scar;35684964]Animated Prostitution[/QUOTE] Obviously. also Shojo Race or whatever was it called again
[QUOTE=Magmacow358;35684239]My main problem with vanilla FO3 and FNV is that people soak up assault rifle bullets as if they where airsoft pellets.[/QUOTE] I hope the next fallout has much better gunplay, as in it takes less bullets to kill an enemy, but you are easily killed yourself.
[QUOTE=Schmaaa;35685349]I hope the next fallout has much better gunplay, as in it takes less bullets to kill an enemy, but you are easily killed yourself.[/QUOTE] A sophisticated damage system where armoured targets take significantly less damage when shot in the armour, but shooting an unarmoured area does full damage.
[QUOTE=Mr. Someguy;35685389]A sophisticated damage system where armoured targets take significantly less damage when shot in the armour, but shooting an unarmoured area does full damage.[/QUOTE] Metro 2033 did this in a pretty great manner, many enemies wore thick metal plates etc so you had to dump a full magazine in their chest if you wanted to kill them. Elsewhere it was five rounds or less.
And semi-auto weapons with triggers that have more to do with when you're clicking than they do with the current amount of sunspots on VY Canis Majoris.
[QUOTE=Rents;35685532]And semi-auto weapons with triggers that have more to do with when you're clicking than they do with the current amount of sunspots on VY Canis Majoris.[/QUOTE] I find that the Marksman Carbine does the best job of shooting every time you click, nomatter how fast you click.
[QUOTE=Mr. Someguy;35685389]A sophisticated damage system where armoured targets take significantly less damage when shot in the armour, but shooting an unarmoured area does full damage.[/QUOTE] SW:Republic Commando comes to mind.
[QUOTE=Zezibesh;35685446]Metro 2033 did this in a pretty great manner, many enemies wore thick metal plates etc so you had to dump a full magazine in their chest if you wanted to kill them. Elsewhere it was five rounds or less.[/QUOTE] Yeah, but if you wanted to replicate it in gamembryo you'd have to replace all the armours with objects that conform to the player's body, so they block bullets but the impact of the object hitting you would be enough to cripple a limb. yet another reason Gamebryo sucks
Remember guys, this is bethesda scripters we are talking about :v:
Does Requiem for capital wasteland work with steam copies of both games? I really want to try it but dont wanna mess around without knowing for sure :V
[QUOTE=Skellyhell;35687864]Does Requiem for capital wasteland work with steam copies of both games? I really want to try it but dont wanna mess around without knowing for sure :V[/QUOTE] Yes
I wonder if a requiem for a capital wasteland will work with my current mods.
[QUOTE=joshjet;35689990]I wonder if a requiem for a capital wasteland will work with my current mods.[/QUOTE] It probably does, but RFCW isn't perfect, so expect bugs. Of course, if you can tolerate a slight bit of buginess and the occasional crash, then it's definitely worth getting. It also helps that a lot of Fallout 3 mods work for it, too.
[QUOTE=Fhenexx;35690256]It probably does, but RFCW isn't perfect, so expect bugs. Of course, if you can tolerate a slight bit of buginess and the occasional crash, then it's definitely worth getting. It also helps that a lot of Fallout 3 mods work for it, too.[/QUOTE] Fallout 3 mods AND fallout new vegas mods? Holy shit, I'm getting this. [editline]23rd April 2012[/editline] No. Calm down josh, you need to finish your current Vegas playthrough.
[QUOTE=joshjet;35690903]No. Calm down josh, you need to finish your current Vegas playthrough.[/QUOTE] Why not get it now? You can travel to and from the Capital any time you wish. It's actually probably good that you started in Vegas because starting in the Capital is kind of broken. Also, not all mods will be completely compatible, and anything that requires FOSE is completely incompatible until someone can switch such mods to NVSE. Also both FO3 and NV DLCs are supported, too.
I swear Dead Money is the stupidest fucking DLC ever.
[QUOTE=TheJoker;35691619]I swear Dead Money is the stupidest fucking DLC ever.[/QUOTE] [img]http://www.systemrequirements.in/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Fallout-3-Mothership-zeta.JPG[/img]
[QUOTE=TheJoker;35691619]I swear Dead Money is the stupidest fucking DLC ever.[/QUOTE] Stupid? No. Annoyingly hard maybe but not stupid.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.