• Fallout Series Thread V10: Viva New Vegas
    10,002 replies, posted
Most of the negatives in the bethbryo game reviews are that they are all terribly clunky and buggy. [editline]13th August 2012[/editline] And really fucking unoptimized.
[QUOTE=mikester112;37211278]I find Fallout much more fun than Skyrim.[/QUOTE] Because it is.
[QUOTE=cdr248;37211532]I fucking lost it[/QUOTE] Like this [t]http://i.imgur.com/Dlof2.jpg[/t] But with more fur
[QUOTE=Rents;37214842]Like this [t]http://i.imgur.com/Dlof2.jpg[/t] But with more fur[/QUOTE] I think taping a payday the heist sentry gun to it's back and wiring it up to its brain would be a kinda better mix. [editline]13th August 2012[/editline] I came up with the stats for my Forrest Gump character. S: 7 P: 3 E: 8 C: 4 I: 4 A: 8 L: 10
your int has to be 3 or below for the "dumb" dialouge trait to even rear its head. i'd suggest a 1-2, maybe a 3 if you really don't feel like adding more points. also about the perception... that has nothing to do with intelligence, i've know very perceptive people who lack in the thinking part of their brain to put it nicely. if in the movie forest lacks perception go for it, but if he's normally perceptive you should make it a 4 or 5. but you need that INT lower by 1-2 points. [editline]13th August 2012[/editline] also regarding the DLC i just heard in a last night session something about the gun runners. also i heard mention of other DLC shit.
Last night's PnP session consisted of "get on the bus." Thats about it. You guys are going again tonight, right? Will Batman be joining this time?
Where is this from [t]http://www.listofimages.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/fallout-3-new-vegas-fallout-city-art-town-game-games-tower-games.jpg[/t]
[QUOTE=Medevilae;37215840]Where is this from [t]http://www.listofimages.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/fallout-3-new-vegas-fallout-city-art-town-game-games-tower-games.jpg[/t][/QUOTE] A huge vegas like that to explore would have been amazing.
[QUOTE=Aperture fan;37215761]Last night's PnP session consisted of "get on the bus." Thats about it. You guys are going again tonight, right? Will Batman be joining this time?[/QUOTE] As far as I know, and it wasn't just getting on the bus, there was lots of "How do I perks, what is levelling, I can't into dropbox" as well
[QUOTE=Medevilae;37215840]Where is this from [t]http://www.listofimages.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/fallout-3-new-vegas-fallout-city-art-town-game-games-tower-games.jpg[/t][/QUOTE] Ah, if only there were a mod that made New Vegas look like that. Hell, I wouldn't care if it'd break a hundred mods and be lore unfriendly, exploring a place like that would be worth it.
[QUOTE=Fhenexx;37215907]Ah, if only there were a mod that made New Vegas look like that. Hell, I wouldn't care if it'd break a hundred mods and be lore unfriendly, exploring a place like that would be worth it.[/QUOTE] Make the current Strip cells a tardis or something, create a new "world" with a massive New Vegas in it. That way the Mojave is still fine, mods will work, etc. But we can have this massive, hyperspace, New Vegas!
I'm not sure IF a city that big can even run on Creation, let alone Gamebryo.
[QUOTE=Rents;37215893]As far as I know, and it wasn't just getting on the bus, there was lots of "How do I perks, what is levelling, I can't into dropbox" as well[/QUOTE] I meant of actual play, not all that "foreplay" you guys always have like "where is X, I need to Y, how do I Z." :v:
[QUOTE=BananaFoam;37216064]I'm not sure IF a city that big can even run on Creation, let alone Gamebryo.[/QUOTE] It's possible, but it might have to be divided kind of like DC and the Strip were. Of course, though, you could manage with much larger partitions than the Strip can handle.
[QUOTE=Aperture fan;37215761]Last night's PnP session consisted of "get on the bus." Thats about it. You guys are going again tonight, right? Will Batman be joining this time?[/QUOTE] I wontbe back home til wednesday
Is it possible to increase the LOD distance in New Vegas and if so, is it a bad idea? The LOD's for the new trees in the Wasteland Flora Overhaul look terrible and it's really easy to spot them popping up. [editline]14th August 2012[/editline] Nevermind, I just found there was a patch on the Nexus page. I should have finished looking there before posting my question, sorry guys :smile:
So I just tried making a custom world space in the New Vegas G.E.C.K. It looks just like the Creation Kit yet for some reason it's 10x more infuriating trying to place props and move them around.
Is there a geck tutorial? I am in desperate need of one.
The only ones are Fallout 3 tutorials from like 2008 that use notebook to tell you what to do.
[QUOTE=MeltingData;37217783]Is there a geck tutorial? I am in desperate need of one.[/QUOTE] I could try to help you. Is there anything in particular you need help with?
That PnP character creating thing confuses me. I managed to make a sciencey medicaly character in the end, because fighting is for pussies. Support, now thats where its at.
[QUOTE=LtKyle2;37217607]So I just tried making a custom world space in the New Vegas G.E.C.K. It looks just like the Creation Kit yet for some reason it's 10x more infuriating trying to place props and move them around.[/QUOTE] That's because the Creation Kit is based off the FO3 GECK, which is based off the TES: Construction Set. Rather than actually making new tools for their new engine updates, they just tack it onto the old tools, even when they overhaul massive parts of the engine. It's still a fucking nightmare to use as all the good tutorials are for TES: CS, which doesn't really apply to FO3/FO:NV plugins outside of worldspaces. And all the FO3/FO:NV tutorials are half arsed, with people having to learn almost all of it by word of mouth.
Hey, hate to beg, but I recently livestreamed some New Vegas shenanigans (Friends wanted to see the game.) and I was thinking about maybe putting it out on youtube, anyone mind cutting it into pieces, cutting out filler, and maybe helping with audio (my mic was awful with volume, that's the only problem)
[QUOTE=jackattack;37218852]That PnP character creating thing confuses me. I managed to make a sciencey medicaly character in the end, because fighting is for pussies. Support, now thats where its at.[/QUOTE] Fuck yea helpful people!
Alright, well, fuck the Youtube idea, that is too much trouble :v: I need some good mods that make the game harder (Alright got Project Nevada), and add new areas and such (World of Pain is great, no weapon mods, I already got the armory.)
[QUOTE=Fremontsmith;37219682]Fuck yea helpful people![/QUOTE] But now only 3 people can really do anything in combat
Hey, the creator for Requiem for a Capital Wasteland made the mod hidden, anyone willing to mirror it?
[QUOTE=cdr248;37220040]But now only 3 people can really do anything in combat[/QUOTE] Get me an energy gun and i will be more accurate with it than any of you with any of your weapons in a few levels if i so decide but i probably won't dump them all into it.
wow, just realized science is useless (to me) and i probably should have put those points into explosives or speech.. good thing the saves are only 2 hours of gameplay apart. THIS IS WHY YOU MAKE A BILLION SAVES, YOU CAN REVERT LEVELING FUCKUPS!!!
So, found a mirror for Requiem for a Capital Wasteland, if anyone wants it, here it is [url]http://www.gamefront.com/fallout-new-vegas-mod-a-requiem-for-the-capital-wasteland/[/url] I don't know if it'll be DLC compatible with the NV DLC's, but I hope so.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.