• Dark Souls (PC/PS3/360)v2 - Prepare to Die edition.
    9,998 replies, posted
[QUOTE=GoldenBullet;34725995]Ok so now my options include a fire-breathing drake, a guy with a huge club that kills me in one hit, another tall fucker with a sword on the top of a tower and the scariest looking pig I've ever seen surrounded with undead. My victory over the taurus demon gave me a few minutes of happiness at least[/QUOTE] for the drake, run like hell to the middle on the bridge and down the stairs, beat this guy later. for havel (the huge club dude) easiest way is to get the drake sword, remove all armour (you get hit your dead anyway) and roll behind him when he starts to slam the club down, then proceed to stab him in the back. for the black knight, same again just circle strafe and back stab. and for the boar lure it and run back into the tiny space with the ladder, once it walks away fire a couple of arrows at it, once it turns around rinse and repeat. oh if you kill the boar lure all the undead in front of the gate using arrows, means you don't have to take even longer to get to the next bonfire.
Charm I love you
[QUOTE=soderholm13;34710386]Hmm blighttown isnt that bad on newgame+ with the gold hemmed set [editline]15th February 2012[/editline] Except the massive lack of summon signs [editline]15th February 2012[/editline] that feel when you're in human form and it says "Failed to create session" randomly[/QUOTE] blighttown was never that bad, you're just all awful [editline]16th February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=KnightSolaire;34716201]It's not too bad if you have it installed on to your Xbox, not sure on the PS3 though.[/QUOTE] how would installing a game improve FPS (it wouldnt)
[QUOTE=Shadaez;34726262]blighttown was never that bad, you're just all awful [editline]16th February 2012[/editline] how would installing a game improve FPS (it wouldnt)[/QUOTE] [url=http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png]Watch out, we got ourselves a badass over here[/url]
Help I got into blighttown and my best armor is shadow armor how do i get past because of FUCKING toxic
[QUOTE=soderholm13;34726305][url=http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png]Watch out, we got ourselves a badass over here[/url][/QUOTE] It really wasn't though, I died way more times in Sen's than there. I just think it's the atmosphere and poison.
[QUOTE=SamPerson123;34726451]It really wasn't though, I died way more times in Sen's than there. I just think it's the atmosphere and poison.[/QUOTE] The toxin and horrendous FPS drops
[QUOTE=Louis;34726353]Help I got into blighttown and my best armor is shadow armor how do i get past because of FUCKING toxic[/QUOTE] Keep moving, AND NEVER STOP! I survived by always moving, even when encountering enemies. And when I got hit and Toxic started to fill up I stopped all fighting and just ran until the meter ran out or I wasn't being shot at anymore. And also I got Toxic'd in 2 hits, so don't think I was some kind of poison-master who could take 10 darts or something. :v:
just a badly drawn guide to show you a quicker way of getting the drake sword, if your going to fire arrows at it that is. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WDtxR.png[/IMG] edit: this is also useful if your going to kill the drake, just stand in the same spot, i think that you have to do at least 125 damage (each hit) to prevent the drake from healing itself
[QUOTE=Charm6000;34726058] and for the boar lure it and run back into the tiny space with the ladder, once it walks away fire a couple of arrows at it, once it turns around rinse and repeat. [/QUOTE] You can lure the boar into the fire patches around the area it's in and it will take tons of damage. Just be careful not to walk into the fire yourself. When I did it I ended up getting stuck between the boar and fire, so I died but the boar died a second after I did.
So to defeat the drake I just stand beneath it and shoot it from where you have shown me? Thank fuck I don't have to engage it directly
[QUOTE=GoldenBullet;34727105]So to defeat the drake I just stand beneath it and shoot it from where you have shown me? Thank fuck I don't have to engage it directly[/QUOTE] yep but it you want to kill it requires at least a +5 bow probably higher, I used a +10 longbow with standard arrows. also i didn't know about that method with the boar, cheers for that
I never realized how powerful lightning weapons were, hot damn. You can just put in the right amount of stats to be able to wield whatever weapon you want, then just dump souls into vitality and endurance and still do a very good amount of melee damage.
[QUOTE=Charm6000;34727367]yep but it you want to kill it requires at least a +5 bow probably higher, I used a +10 longbow with standard arrows. also i didn't know about that method with the boar, cheers for that[/QUOTE] I got a crossbow from an enemy, would that do the trick? I guess it'll be shooting him again the instant he lands back above as well right?
[QUOTE=GoldenBullet;34727619]I got a crossbow from an enemy, would that do the trick? I guess it'll be shooting him again the instant he lands back above as well right?[/QUOTE] You can't aim with a crossbow, only lock on.
Damn, in that case only the shortbow I bought, also I can't seem to get the hang of backstabbing an opponent or fighting those big black knight guys :/ Oh I see, holding B when locked on is faster movement, I can swivel around for a backstab!
with the black knight at the top of the stairs, the easiest time for a back stab is after it does the attack where it drags the sword across the ground then up
Sometimes the drake on the bridge will die after you destroy its tail. It might happen when you destroy its tail mid-flight, not sure though.
Game arrived in the mail today. It's really fun, my day just flew by playing it. I thought I had upgraded my weapon enough to take on some skeletons because I was ripping through everything else without a problem. I soon learned that being over confident in this game ends badly. Also, what's the specifics on backstabbing? It doesn't seem the same as in Demon's Souls; it doesn't register most of the times where it would have been a perfect backstab in Demon's Souls.
My question is do you guys lock on when you are fighting the knights and other big enemies? It always seems to screw up my rolls to get behind them
[QUOTE=GoldenBullet;34730901]My question is do you guys lock on when you are fighting the knights and other big enemies? It always seems to screw up my rolls to get behind them[/QUOTE] I lock on but I never seem to roll that much when fighting I mainly just circle strafe till I get a chance to backstab, mainly because I use the hornets ring (improved crit damage) it normally nets me more souls as I think that 800+ damage gives bonus souls for the damage dealt, though I'm not that sure
[QUOTE=Charm6000;34727367]yep but it you want to kill it requires at least a +5 bow probably higher, I used a +10 longbow with standard arrows. also i didn't know about that method with the boar, cheers for that[/QUOTE] ya i bought a shortbow and 50 bows with no upgrades and after 47 arrows it gave me the sword??
[QUOTE=LeonS;34731011]ya i bought a shortbow and 50 bows with no upgrades and after 47 arrows it gave me the sword??[/QUOTE] He means to kill it. To simply destroy the tail takes far less.
Ha I got the knight to attack me below the bridge and he swung to hard and fell off, win!
Melee killing the bridge drake with melee is a lot faster than killing it with a bow. Shoot it once, it comes down, hit it in the face with a big 2hander and run the fuck downstairs. Repeat.
Okay off to Blighttown I go, Sitting far enough so if I rage, my controller doesn't hit the TV
Are there any legit sites that sell and export this game? Can't even find a fuckin copy here
[URL="http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Dark-Souls-Xbox-360-2011-/93551683?_dmpt=Video_Games_Games&_pcategid=139973&_pcatid=2&_refkw=Dark+Souls&_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A5841&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14"]Xbox 360[/URL] [URL="http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Dark-Souls-Sony-Playstation-3-2011-/93574368?_dmpt=Video_Games_Games&_pcategid=139973&_pcatid=2&_refkw=Dark+Souls&_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A5841&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14"]PS3[/URL] Both Ebay, Should be able to snag a copy there
Is anyone currently in Blighttown on the PS3? I'm at the second bonfire and I could use some help... [editline]16th February 2012[/editline] I'm Level 38. [editline]16th February 2012[/editline] Nevermind.
[QUOTE=Charm6000;34727367]yep but it you want to kill it requires at least a +5 bow probably higher, I used a +10 longbow with standard arrows. also i didn't know about that method with the boar, cheers for that[/QUOTE] You can't kill the red dragon with a bow anymore, they've patched it. Apparently he heals faster than you can damage it with a bow.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.