• Dark Souls (PC/PS3/360)v2 - Prepare to Die edition.
    9,998 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Feuver;34732965]You can't kill the red dragon with a bow anymore, they've patched it. Apparently he heals faster than you can damage it with a bow.[/QUOTE] its not even hard to melee him, just sprint up the stairs, r2 hit, sprint down stairs, wait for him to pass over, repeat
Currently at Sen's Fortress. Was teamed up with this one guy and we made it all the way to the bonfire. I couldn't use the bonfire, so I did that Shrug emote. He used that stone that sends himself back to his world. Such a great guy. Sucks that I'm not with him anymore though... Anyway, I was reading the guide online and it was talking about the Rock Giant, the guy that drops the boulders throughout the place, and it was saying he was harmless. So I jumped off the side to go meet him and he instantly started attacking me. He was pretty easy to kill though. [editline]17th February 2012[/editline] Woo beat the Iron Golem on my first try thanks to Iron Tarkus! We got him down to about 1/4th HP and knocked him off the edge.
[QUOTE=slayer20;34735558] Woo beat the Iron Golem on my first try thanks to Iron Tarkus! We got him down to about 1/4th HP and knocked him off the edge.[/QUOTE] Do you get the soul of the iron golem if he falls off the edge though?
[QUOTE=PvtCupcakes;34736395]Do you get the soul of the iron golem if he falls off the edge though?[/QUOTE] Yeah
I got this game a few hours ago and I've played a good two hours of it. In that time, I just entered Lordran and get harassed by skeletons over and over and over. I lost many souls in the process. I started as a Bandit, I believe but I deleted him and remade as a Knight. Not sure how that is going to turn out but I am pretty sure it's going to be significantly worse.
Just killed Ornstein and Smough. First two times I died. First time I had Knight Solaire summoned as an NPC to help me fight, and I died. Then I summoned a player and Knight Solaire and they both died then I died, so I couldn't summon Solaire again. Then I had summoned two players and one of them died, but the other managed to kill off the boss for me because I literally could not see any red on my health bar and I'm still not sure how I survived.
[QUOTE=slayer20;34737550]Just killed Ornstein and Smough. First two times I died. First time I had Knight Solaire summoned as an NPC to help me fight, and I died. Then I summoned a player and Knight Solaire and they both died then I died, so I couldn't summon Solaire again. Then I had summoned two players and one of them died, but the other managed to kill off the boss for me because I literally could not see any red on my health bar and I'm still not sure how I survived.[/QUOTE] Dont ask about how you survived, just take it and run.
+7 Elite Knight set +5 Knight Shield +4 Quelaag's Furysword Ring of Favor and Protection (Raises HP, Stamina, and Equip load, so now I can roll around like crazy) Ring of Steel Protection (Boosts defense against physical attacks) I've been trying to make a "tank" like character. I've been mainly putting points into Vitality(28) and Endurance(27), and sometimes Strength(20) and Dexterity(20). The only bad thing about the Ring of Favor and Protection is that if you unequip it, it breaks. But I don't think I need any other rings besides the two I have equipped right now.
Should be alright then.
The Ring of Favor and protection is merely a safety blanket, you'd do much better without it in the higher levels. Time for some jolly-cooperation on Xbox Live today!
So I was summoned by an obvious NG+ person to help fight the Bell Gargoyles(This was a few days ago) and when I got there, after bowing he dropped Enchanted Falchion +5 and that Piercing Shield or w/e Needless to say I was pretty damn happy because its gotten me through a lot of shit!
Is there any better armor sets besides Black Iron +5? I've been staring at the stats of Giant's Armor set and it seems it could be better. But it also says it impedes Stamina recovery, is it that bad?
hnnnngggg at the 4 kings in ng+ so far I've only managed to kill two of them before I die, and even iron flesh sucks at damage reduction
[QUOTE=SgtTupelo;34739058]Is there any better armor sets besides Black Iron +5? I've been staring at the stats of Giant's Armor set and it seems it could be better. But it also says it impedes Stamina recovery, is it that bad?[/QUOTE] Smough's set has the highest defense set in the game, I think.
Giant's armor has the most physical defense if fully upgraded but it also impedes stamina recovery. The extra defense isn't worth it in my opinion.
Is it possible to up the amount of uses in the fireball spell? 8 isn't really enough in my opinion. If you can, when and where can I do this?
[QUOTE=KnightSolaire;34738940]The Ring of Favor and protection is merely a safety blanket, you'd do much better without it in the higher levels. Time for some jolly-cooperation on Xbox Live today![/QUOTE] It helps me out a lot. Especially considering that it allows me to move much faster now and roll around. [editline]17th February 2012[/editline] Also, if anyone wants to team up on the PS3, I'm currently level 60 and wouldn't mind helping or being helped. I'll have to wait until later tonight (about 8 hours from now) to actually be able to play with anyone, but if you're on the PC and around my level send me a PM with your Skype name. I've heard that it's harder to find people in Dark Souls that are on your friend's list.
[QUOTE=PieClock;34741511]Is it possible to up the amount of uses in the fireball spell? 8 isn't really enough in my opinion. If you can, when and where can I do this?[/QUOTE] Yes. You can buy the same spell from someone else that sells it, and then equip it in another attunement slot.
[QUOTE=n0cturni;34742510]Yes. You can buy the same spell from someone else that sells it, and then equip it in another attunement slot.[/QUOTE] I see. That's handy, thanks. [editline]17th February 2012[/editline] I've just noticed you can farm easy souls if you set up bonfire in the bridge with the dragon on it, run to the top, bate it into breathing fire killing all the enemies on the bridge and repeat. Basically 555 souls for climbing a ladder each time.
Just obliterated the Four Kings. Had two mages with me. We took each one out in like 10 seconds each.
Crystal soul spear/Crystal homing soulmass 4 lyf
[QUOTE=PieClock;34742674]I see. That's handy, thanks. [editline]17th February 2012[/editline] I've just noticed you can farm easy souls if you set up bonfire in the bridge with the dragon on it, run to the top, bate it into breathing fire killing all the enemies on the bridge and repeat. Basically 555 souls for climbing a ladder each time.[/QUOTE] Once you get to a high enough level where you need like 20,000 souls to level up this method wouldn't be nearly as efficient as just moving on to other parts of the game.
[QUOTE=PieClock;34742674]I see. That's handy, thanks. [editline]17th February 2012[/editline] I've just noticed you can farm easy souls if you set up bonfire in the bridge with the dragon on it, run to the top, bate it into breathing fire killing all the enemies on the bridge and repeat. Basically 555 souls for climbing a ladder each time.[/QUOTE] After playing further you will find that you get more souls for killing 1 weak-average -enemy of an area. Also, I hate how people confuse Gwenevere and Gwyndolin, talking about how a boy became a girl. :v:
Okay so I joined the forest hunters or whatever they're called. Got a bit bored so I went wearing a sack and holding 2 tower shields. Got 50k souls while the host and dark phantoms killed eachother. One asshole was sitting with a fire scythe one shotting everyone so I got 3 piles of shit i had in my inventory and threw them at him, used a purple flower thing and watched him die. Bought 99 dung pies and am now ready for any PvP.
Oh god, in Valley of Drakes I was walking past [sp]the corpse of half a dragon, thinking it was just a really cool decoration of the environment I taunt in front of it and give it a smack with my sword, then it wakes up and I panic so much I run off the cliff.[/sp] Best death yet.
Ah, I got all the items that were [sp]on the bodies RIGHT next to its mouth, it woke up and took a chunk outa me[/sp]
It really isn't that hard to kill if you have some blooming purple moss and a decent shield.
You can actually kill it without ever getting hit if you time it right in between its breaths.
You can even stand out of its vomit range and throw firebombs at it until it dies. Only takes about 20 of them.
All 10 lightning spears and then 1 hit from my sword and it died for me.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.