• ARMA 2 ; ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead V.3
    9,999 replies, posted
anyone wanna add me on steam and maybe get a small team togethor? "Eliteapoc" I'd love to try this.
[QUOTE=Chickens!;35737535]Spent 2 hours walking towards my BF, get killed, spawn where he was 2 hours ago.[/QUOTE] atleast you didn't shoot him in the face on accident [sup][sup]:C[/sup][/sup]
Hiya, i just re installed Arma 2 and OA so i can try and play with you guys, I was going to previously but some shit went down, Can anyone help me get started in what i need? I've already joined the steam group , Which i read that i needed some mod pack , but i am not sure how to acquire it. Anyone mind helping me out pretty please?
unless you're talking about dayz, we usually play CWR2 and Invasion 44. On top of that you need CBA, you can probably find those on armaholic / google. tho there might be a while until we play again, I have shit loads to do in university and I don't know if 2nd wants to host (and most people are playing dayz)
Join us on IRC and chat browser based IRC [URL]http://goo.gl/3mBVf[/URL] [code] irc.gamesurge.net irc.eu.gamesurge.net irc.us.gamesurge.net #DayZ [/code] [quote]irc://irc.gamesurge.net/DayZ[/quote]
[QUOTE=Tark;35737587]atleast you didn't shoot him in the face on accident [sup][sup]:C[/sup][/sup][/QUOTE] You're not ZSurvivor(?) are you? Because he did the same thing. [editline]27th April 2012[/editline] Shot someone in the face on accident I mean.
Finally left the airfield. Found an AKS Kobra on a dead body while there and I believe I have enough magazines now to head east towards Berezino possibly.
Found a barn with 8 weapons in it, didn't know what to do.
[QUOTE=Fables;35738666]Finally left the airfield. Found an AKS Kobra on a dead body while there and I believe I have enough magazines now to head east towards Berezino possibly.[/QUOTE] Yes come live here with me again.
It's so fun stalking people at night who don't have NV's. I managed to actually steal bloodpacks from this guy's backpack while he was sorting out his shit :v:
made another little help video [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwinXRnJEw8[/media]
[QUOTE=Djessey;35738868]It's so fun stalking people at night who don't have NV's. I managed to actually steal bloodpacks from this guy's backpack while he was sorting out his shit :v:[/QUOTE] Damn, new challenge :v:
I've never played an ARMA game before, and I'm interested and kinda want to get it. Should I wait for ARMA III, Get ARMA II or get ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead?
I recommend getting ARMA II: CO (Combined operations). Arma III is still quite far away and you could certainly learn a lot from Arma II. It's not that expensive either. 25£/$ for Combined ops. [editline]28th April 2012[/editline] You could always try the F2P Arma II first and see if it is your kind off game. Do note that it takes a while to get into and that it's a very patient consuming game.
[QUOTE=Fisk;35739260]I recommend getting ARMA II: CO (Combined operations). Arma III is still quite far away and you could certainly learn a lot from Arma II. It's not that expensive either. 25£/$ for Combined ops.[/QUOTE] I wanna buy 3 copies of the game to give to some of my friends (as well as myself), and in Australia game prices suck and it's $30 (I'm kinda low on money right now) so I'd prefer to get just one game, not both.
[url]http://store.steampowered.com/app/33900/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1[/url] The demo is the "Free" version. [editline]28th April 2012[/editline] Definitely get Operation arrowhead if you can only get one.
Just been playing a custom domi script on a clan server and it must've been one of my most memorable sessions, I jumped on their TS and immediatelly overwhelmed by a discussion on real army/battle scenarios and intelligent well informed discussions about various other topics including guns in the UK, the economy and politics which went on for over two or so hours and when it dyes down I talk to another guy one on one for another half an hour and the community and server as a whole seem really friendly and welcoming. It's great that I've finally found a community like this, I haven't been actively searching but for the majority I've only ever found hardcore clans that are really serious and take every little thing in the game deadly serious so if you fuck up you get shouted out and maybe even kicked/banned or completely the opposite where the server is just full of 12yo kids going nose first into the ground because they have no idea what they're doing.
[QUOTE=JerryK;35739094]made another little help video [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwinXRnJEw8[/media][/QUOTE] You forgot Chickens!
Shit, Finally made it out of Cherno. Everyone I've met has been helpful and friendly so far. I'm on my way north to find a suitable place for myself away from the violence of other players. Also, Is there any way to locate myself on the map or am I stuck guessing the general location.
[QUOTE=mR_oWnAGe;35739840]Shit, Finally made it out of Cherno. Everyone I've met has been helpful and friendly so far. I'm on my way north to find a suitable place for myself away from the violence of other players. Also, Is there any way to locate myself on the map or am I stuck guessing the general location.[/QUOTE] Use recognizable landmarks and download a map with English/Cyrillic markings over cities. Hell, learn some basic Cyrillic (it's not that hard) and get to know the positioning of towns around the island and you'll be set as a master navigator in no time.
[QUOTE=mR_oWnAGe;35739840]Shit, Finally made it out of Cherno. Everyone I've met has been helpful and friendly so far. I'm on my way north to find a suitable place for myself away from the violence of other players. Also, Is there any way to locate myself on the map or am I stuck guessing the general location.[/QUOTE] Head to Berezino if you go north, that at least has good loot. The north area is generally filled with shitty loot and assholes. If you're in the airfield it's filled with a lot of zombies, good loot, and a lot more assholes.
[QUOTE=mR_oWnAGe;35739840]Shit, Finally made it out of Cherno. Everyone I've met has been helpful and friendly so far. I'm on my way north to find a suitable place for myself away from the violence of other players. Also, Is there any way to locate myself on the map or am I stuck guessing the general location.[/QUOTE] Look for landmarks around you and ones you have passed. Note any roads or buildings near your current location. Compare the elevation markers on the map to the terrain around you. It's just basic map reading skills. You might be able to get a more accurate position if you find a GPS but I've never seen one so good luck with that. [QUOTE=Fables;35739908]Head to Berezino if you go north, that at least has good loot. The north area is generally filled with shitty loot and assholes. If you're in the airfield it's filled with a lot of zombies, good loot, and a lot more assholes.[/QUOTE] There are assholes everywhere, but most of the shameless PvP is down south by the coast. It's always best to be cautious around other players but as long as you stay away from the water and airfields you should miss most of the bad ones.
[QUOTE=Snuffy;35739910] There are assholes everywhere, but most of the shameless PvP is down south by the coast. It's always best to be cautious around other players but as long as you stay away from the water and airfields you should miss most of the bad ones.[/QUOTE] Not from my experience. Most people in North are more paranoid, there's less food loot also so it generally mixes for a combination of survival of the fittest. AKA: Shoot first loot later. Ironically though when I camped in the airfields despite being like 10 dead players I ran into five friendly individuals
I had a most satisfying moment. Shot and KO'd a guy at NW airfield, he disconnected and I ran behind the direction he was facing. Followed him on to a different server and said "Rofl sean" "behind you" then sprayed him soon as he turned around. [editline]28th April 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Fables;35739975]Not from my experience. Most people in North are more paranoid, there's less food loot also so it generally mixes for a combination of survival of the fittest. AKA: Shoot first loot later. Ironically though when I camped in the airfields despite being like 10 dead players I ran into five friendly individuals[/QUOTE] The North-West airfield is terrible. There seems to be a pair of players server-hopping, killing anyone they see there and disconnecting before anyone can retaliate. Happened to 2 friends 10 minutes ago.
I sat in Elektro for about an hour and got about 6 player kills, sniping with an Enfield from the firehouse tower. People come to Elektro expecting safety and stuff to scavenge.. Not anymore. No one entered Elektro for at least another hour after so many people were like "Sniper in the tower omg" So I left.
[QUOTE=Morbo!!!;35740522] [editline]28th April 2012[/editline] The North-West airfield is terrible. There seems to be a pair of players server-hopping, killing anyone they see there and disconnecting before anyone can retaliate. Happened to 2 friends 10 minutes ago.[/QUOTE] Heh, I go server hopping in an attempt to find more magazines for the AK maybe that's how I avoided the assholes, I kept hopping to different servers. [editline]27th April 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=NoobieWafer223;35740591]I sat in Elektro for about an hour and got about 6 player kills, sniping with an Enfield from the firehouse tower. People come to Elektro expecting safety and stuff to scavenge.. Not anymore. No one entered Elektro for at least another hour after so many people were like "Sniper in the tower omg" So I left.[/QUOTE] Your location was marked when I was checking the map on that server.
[QUOTE=Fables;35740621]Heh, I go server hopping in an attempt to find more magazines for the AK maybe that's how I avoided the assholes, I kept hopping to different servers. [editline]27th April 2012[/editline] Your location was marked when I was checking the map on that server.[/QUOTE] Was it NY2? That's the server I play on.. If it's not that one, it's NY3. I'm [A2L]Josh.
Yep it was NY2.
I got the demo, and I'm a total noob. The main problem I have with the game is the ACTION MENU WHAT THE HELL It didn't explain how I selected different actions, so what I've resorted to doing is spamming my keyboard with random buttons until I get what I want to do.
[QUOTE=Fables;35740640]Yep it was NY2.[/QUOTE] Haha, yepp. That was me. :) I'm at like.. Negative 10 thousand Humanity. [editline]28th April 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=SoSicklyAwesome;35740655]I got the demo, and I'm a total noob. The main problem I have with the game is the ACTION MENU WHAT THE HELL It didn't explain how I selected different actions, so what I've resorted to doing is spamming my keyboard with random buttons until I get what I want to do.[/QUOTE] Scroll... Click.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.