• ARMA 2 ; ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead V.3
    9,999 replies, posted
I want to try DayZ so bad, but I found out that you need Combined Ops rather than just OA, and I don't really have that extra cash. Anyone know where to get them cheap?
I got it working! [QUOTE=Masamune;35764314]I want to try DayZ so bad, but I found out that you need Combined Ops rather than just OA, and I don't really have that extra cash. Anyone know where to get them cheap?[/QUOTE] Oh, I think there's a free version of regular old ARMA 2 on steam somewhere.
I love how much of a waste of time this mod is! Spend a couple hours regrouping with friends, killing some idiotic bandits, and looting some cool shit, just to die to one guy with an AKM who spotted us with the scroll-wheel from a good few hundred meters away outside of our building.
PROBLEMS W/ DAYZ- after a patch about a week ago for dayz, i started stuttering every exactly 30 seconds this also just got me killed while playing w/ 3 other friends, and also because of an exploit on most servers that don't have the difficulty setting on veteran/expert that just lets you see names across the fucking map
Better try to join the servers running on expert 50 times over else yeah, you just get spotted through buildings and around corners w/ third-person.
Ok, I'm confused. What if I have Arma II and Arma II OA separate on Steam. Do I actually have to buy the CO pack for this to work?
I already own Arma 2, so can I just get OA or do I need CO for DayZ?
[QUOTE=-nesto-;35765088]I already own Arma 2, so can I just get OA or do I need CO for DayZ?[/QUOTE] Just need OA if you already have the first.
[QUOTE=-nesto-;35765088]I already own Arma 2, so can I just get OA or do I need CO for DayZ?[/QUOTE] Combined Operations is just Arma 2 content running under the OA executable. Just buy OA- there's no sense in buying Arma 2 again.
Could someone please flick me their wheeled2.pbo file that's located in the addons folder of ArmA II? I think my installation files got corrupted and the only other option left is to re-download the 6.6gb installation files again at 90kbs. It refuses to start up and get past the boxes because of this.
I wonder how many copys of Arma2 CO this mod has sold.
For me, the tops of buildings have killed me more than players and zombies combined
Story time! So I'm going to play with 2 other friends on the NZ server (because it was daytime there) and I spawn a few towns to the west of Cherno (Don't remember their names). One friend is pretty far inland and the other spawns east of Elektro, so we decide to meetup east of Cherno. I head west, meet 3 different isolated people who confirm we are both friendly and then run off to do god knows what (probably die). Besides that I get into Cherno without much hassle. I pick up a revolver in that convenience store in the west, along with some food and other useful stuff. Hit the church and find some other loot (nothing of note iirc). Keep heading west and find some other guy, we say hi and part ways. I get to the very far east outskirts of Cherno (Past the most eastern cargo crane thing) and by this time my friends have met up and one can see me through his hunting rifle scope. He tells me that there's two guys running around behind me so I keep crawling towards where they are. One of the dudes dies or something and as I'm crawling across the road the other one runs up and fires a shot into me with what I assume was his Makarov. Fortunately for me one single zombie hears him, runs up, and hits him once, knocking him out. I take this opportunity to crawl into some bushes and over the crest of a small hill, where I can still see him using 3rd person. My fight or flight response is running full force now (irl my heart's bmp was probably like 200) and I see him wake up and shoot the zombie. I suppose he assumed I either died or ran off so he begins to bandage himself. I take this as my chance, crawl over the hill, and shoot him in the face before he even knows what's happening. (He later called me a "cunt pker" in side channel, not sure what his deal was) After I fix myself up (I was down to like ~5k blood at this point) I go over to see what sort of equipment he has. I score a winchester, 6 or 7 mags of ammo for it, a czech backpack full of medical supplies (including 2 bloodpacks!!!) and food/drinks. After taking all I could I GTFO and crawl to where my friends are. We meetup, they give me some blood (one of the bloodpacks disappears for whatever reason) and we head north to get away from the coast. We get to one of the smaller inland towns and loot what we can, with only one zombie engagement where we killed maybe 5 or 6. We head north along a road towards another town and come upon a farmstead. We go investigate because there is an enter-able barn there, we kill all the zombies around and don't find much in the barn. While we're in there we hear a guy ('Nick' apparently) firing his enfeild nearby and contact him via side-channel. He says he's friendly so we say that we're leaving the barn and he can have what he wants (there was a few weapons and some ammo in there). As we leave he shoots at us from an elevated position, killing me and one of my friends with two shots. My other friend runs off into the woods and then logs off. Them's the breaks I suppose.
I was alive for some 14h? Then I just got sniped when I went up a lighthouse and searched with binoculars. Luckily the bandit who tried to loot my dead body went up and fell off the lighthouse and also died. I got back to the lighthouse, found his dead body and got back all my stuff. :v:
I died because this game easily tosses you off the sides of buildings
Is anyone else failing to update? I overwrite the 1.5.1 files with 1.5.2 and every time I go to play a game it tells me I'm still running 1.5.1
[QUOTE=ewitwins;35766711]Is anyone else failing to update? I overwrite the 1.5.1 files with 1.5.2 and every time I go to play a game it tells me I'm still running 1.5.1[/QUOTE] A couple of servers are still running 1.5.1 for some reason.
[QUOTE=ewitwins;35766711]Is anyone else failing to update? I overwrite the 1.5.1 files with 1.5.2 and every time I go to play a game it tells me I'm still running 1.5.1[/QUOTE] Yeah buddy same problem. Just tried to join a server then and told me I was running 1.5.1.
Glad they have finally fixed the bandit problem and make vehicles a little more frequent. But, the vehicles are broken for Bandits. Only one Bandit can be in it at a time. :\
Yeah, some of the NY servers and US ones are still running 1.5.1. Also is it me or are the server clocks all over the place now? EU ones had nighttime when the US ones do, and I saw US servers with daytime when the EU servers usually have daylight.
[QUOTE=Ghost101;35766886]Yeah, some of the NY servers and US ones are still running 1.5.1. Also is it me or are the server clocks all over the place now? EU ones had nighttime when the US ones do, and I saw US servers with daytime when the EU servers usually have daylight.[/QUOTE] Time usually desyncs if a server has been running for a while. I believe, atleast. Man, gotta love when you're looting a building and someone spawns behind you and just shoots you in the back.
I think they need to reduce the zombies' attention span. I'd rather they be deadlier, but easier to shake. As is now you can be stuck with them for like an hour cause they run at the speed of a car, never tire, and catch up even if you get obstacles in the way. Do you guys have any tricks to shake them once you get a bunch on your tail? I've tried running them into fences, etc, no dice. I've also tried running through a building to slow them down, then exit fast. I got a good amount of distance on them, couldn't even see them anymore, then they almost rubberbanded themselves after me like it was a racing game. Ran right up to me a few seconds later as I was sprinting. :v:
[QUOTE=Ghost101;35767175]I think they need to reduce the zombies' attention span. I'd rather they be deadlier, but easier to shake. As is now you can be stuck with them for like an hour cause they run at the speed of a car, never tire, and catch up even if you get obstacles in the way. Do you guys have any tricks to shake them once you get a bunch on your tail? I've tried running them into fences, etc, no dice. I've also tried running through a building to slow them down, then exit fast. I got a good amount of distance on them, couldn't even see them anymore, then they almost rubberbanded themselves after me like it was a racing game. Ran right up to me a few seconds later as I was sprinting. :v:[/QUOTE] I usually lose them running down a dock. They either try to swim to you or just give up.
So I'm told tents and cars are tied, but only on the server they were made on? And do tents just die off in updates or do they go away if not used?
My goal in life is to live peacefully at Grozovy pass. Nobody will find me there.
Cars are destroyed. Makes sense :v:
[QUOTE=Creeper;35767625]My goal in life is to live peacefully at Grozovy pass. Nobody will find me there.[/QUOTE] [I]Now they will.[/I]
Combined Operations is the 17th best selling game on Steam right now, just looking at the main store page. Interesting to see how much Arma 2 sales have picked up with the release (Or just sudden popularity) of DayZ..
[QUOTE=jechtman;35765658]Could someone please flick me their wheeled2.pbo file that's located in the addons folder of ArmA II? I think my installation files got corrupted and the only other option left is to re-download the 6.6gb installation files again at 90kbs. It refuses to start up and get past the boxes because of this.[/QUOTE] Special thanks to nutcake for uploading the file, 450kbs for 370mb is much better than 45kbs (flatlined about there) for 6.6gb. [img]http://www.facepunch.com/fp/ratings/heart.png[/img]
So I'm thinking of taking over Berezino on NY2. I know the perfect place to hide a tent there.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.