• ARMA 2 ; ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead V.3
    9,999 replies, posted
I could probably get you a good server for an afternoon. Friends of mine have a dedicated server they host Arma 2 on sometimes.
[QUOTE=DarkendSky;35884956]I could probably get you a good server for an afternoon. Friends of mine have a dedicated server they host Arma 2 on sometimes.[/QUOTE] That would be pretty awesome, mean I could host it for more people at once.
the facepunch ggd group have a 24 players dedicated server you guys can borrow aswell contact me on steam if you want to borrow it
I'll be adding both. [editline]9th May 2012[/editline] Darkendsky's steam profile doesn't work.
Heh. I'll just PM you my steam name. No idea why that profile link doesn't work. I'll fix it later.
[QUOTE=Fables;35857622]Stary Sobor. Just a bit on the North East side of it, you can notice it on the in-game map due to the concrete showing. Landmarks include a red warehouse next to it.[/QUOTE] I guess I was more lucky than you, I had every zombie from both Sober villages chasing after me when I had only 3600 blood and food/water on brown. It was a five kilometer sprint until I came upon someone else who had a weapon, and he managed to finish most of them. There were at least twenty when the hive was awoken.
I have arrived at Camp Facepunch. And there was a Cow on the tarmac so I killed it, Now we have 9 steaks.
It was about time DayZ got it's own thread.
Everything's so fuzzy, it's like your character has -2 eyesight.
set your 3d resolution to 100%
so the FP camp is at NE airfield in US4?
I wen't to cherno for the first time today. Only looked around the outskirts of the city and managed to find: A Winchester (with a lot of ammo,) a AKM (no ammo sadly,) two M1911 in the same building (both of them had two mag's,) a Hunting Knife, a watch, a bloodpack and a bunch of supplies. I wish I could take all of it with me.
[QUOTE=Sunkite;35886600]I wen't to cherno for the first time today. Only looked around the outskirts of the city and managed to find: A Winchester (with a lot of ammo,) a AKM (no ammo sadly,) two M1911 in the same building (both of them had two mag's,) a Hunting Knife, a watch, a bloodpack and a bunch of supplies. I wish I could take all of it with me.[/QUOTE] And then you probably get sniped by 10 bandtits sitting ontop of buildings.
[QUOTE=Sunkite;35886600]I wen't to cherno for the first time today. Only looked around the outskirts of the city and managed to find: A Winchester (with a lot of ammo,) a AKM (no ammo sadly,) two M1911 in the same building (both of them had two mag's,) a Hunting Knife, a watch, a bloodpack and a bunch of supplies. I wish I could take all of it with me.[/QUOTE] put the AKM in your bag and haul everything else
[QUOTE=DrugUnit;35886631]And then you probably get sniped by 10 bandtits sitting ontop of buildings.[/QUOTE] Actually I didn't. Only saw one other survivor who were chasing zombies for some reason, got out of there nice and peacefully [QUOTE=scout1;35886650]put the AKM in your bag and haul everything else[/QUOTE] Sadly i thought about that too late. When i wen't back someone else must've looted it.
Cherno is relatively calm if you keep your head down and dont stick in one place for long. Pay attention to where gunshots sound like they are coming from. Don't go towards them. That's my secret. Shocking isn't it.
Playing DayZ on Isla Duala would be amazing.
I never find anything good at the NW airfield. I get better shit from hunting towers.
Playing Dayz, I spawned in the floor and broke my legs, lost 10000 blood and died.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxGtAkebmJA[/media]
[QUOTE=Heigou;35884828]I have a bunch of friends that are absolutely shit at flying anything. This made me decide to host some sort of training camp for them so that they can learn how to fly and drive shit. Would anyone in here also be interested in such things?[/QUOTE] I'd be interested in helping you teach people how to fly in ARMA. I'm pretty adept at flying aircraft of all varieties.
[QUOTE=Flyboi;35890037]I'd be interested in helping you teach people how to fly in ARMA. I'm pretty adept at flying aircraft of all varieties.[/QUOTE] Sounds good, do you have steam?
[QUOTE=Heigou;35890933]Sounds good, do you have steam?[/QUOTE] Indeed, I'll PM you my account name.
M4 CCO and an alice pack, first time i've had anything good
if you just spawned in the game at the coast, just go to electro or cherno to stock up. It doesn't matter that you only have a makarov, yeah you might die but usually you'll be able to stock up with military gear in under an hour. I used to search for barns to get a winchester with blood and sweat, now i have an m24 dmr
can someone upload the arma2oa.exe I fucked mine up when I was installing the beta and overwrote it and now I cant start up the regular version! Try with fileupload or something
[QUOTE=DesolateGrun;35892531]can someone upload the arma2oa.exe I fucked mine up when I was installing the beta and overwrote it and now I cant start up the regular version! Try with fileupload or something[/QUOTE] Here you go buddy (Steam version) [url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/39w9t2lg66gsm3n/ArmA2OA.exe[/url]
[QUOTE=despo;35892501]if you just spawned in the game at the coast, just go to electro or cherno to stock up. It doesn't matter that you only have a makarov, yeah you might die but usually you'll be able to stock up with military gear in under an hour. I used to search for barns to get a winchester with blood and sweat, now i have an m24 dmr[/QUOTE] Winchester is still better. I have an AKS-74 Kobra and I'm going to switch back to a winchester when I find one. So much better for killing zombies... and there's actually ammo for it.
I carry both. You don't use military gear on zombies, you use it on people. Especially bandits. You can also find shitloads of winchesters in cherno/elektro, plus maps, compasses and everything you need to survive out there. There's just no point to go inland at the start for barns, you can do that as soon as you have a map and a compass. Also, deer stands. Does anyone know where to get a chopper, and where to find parts to fix one up? Getting a chopper up in the air is kinda my current goal.
[QUOTE=despo;35892947]I carry both. You don't use military gear on zombies, you use it on people. Especially bandits. You can also find shitloads of winchesters in cherno/elektro, plus maps, compasses and everything you need to survive out there. There's just no point to go inland at the start for barns, you can do that as soon as you have a map and a compass. Also, deer stands. Does anyone know where to get a chopper, and where to find parts to fix one up? Getting a chopper up in the air is kinda my current goal.[/QUOTE] I have the same goal, might be worth teaming up? I've found a Huey along the coast before, just outside of Elektro. Helicopters spawn randomly around the map. As for parts, you use metal scrap to fix the tail rotor, and the main rotor can be found at the industrial section of Cherno. I'm not sure about the other parts though.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.