• ARMA 2 ; ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead V.3
    9,999 replies, posted
Just tried the demo for Cold War Rearmed, it is a sweet mod. Makes me remember how hard Operation Flashpoint was.
[QUOTE=despo;35892947]I carry both. You don't use military gear on zombies, you use it on people. Especially bandits. You can also find shitloads of winchesters in cherno/elektro, plus maps, compasses and everything you need to survive out there. There's just no point to go inland at the start for barns, you can do that as soon as you have a map and a compass. Also, deer stands. Does anyone know where to get a chopper, and where to find parts to fix one up? Getting a chopper up in the air is kinda my current goal.[/QUOTE] I've been to about five deer stands, never found NVG. Only found an M14 with no ammo in one.
I've found a gun in every deer stand I've been in (that being said, I've been in like 5). Most I've found is a AK74 and a AKM with one mag each.
sure fly, just pm me your steam id and we should be getting that chopper to work when the weekend starts. Or perhaps a car would be nice too, atleast something to get around faster
I really need to get this game. $30 is a bit expensive, though. Any idea if this will be in the Steam Summer Sale?
So, I'm playing Dayz and I just went into a lake to fill my water bottle... lost my Winchester with loads of ammo, and Alice backpack full of steak and pop! now I'm in the middle of nowhere with next to no supplies at all! how frustrating.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxXQwXIOSU8[/media] Cold War Rearmed 2 game play.
How requirement-intensive is this game? Specifically the Dayz mod.
Higher than Crysis.
Is there a way to move the camera in third person without moving my head?
[QUOTE=woolio1;35893279]I really need to get this game. $30 is a bit expensive, though. Any idea if this will be in the Steam Summer Sale?[/QUOTE] Seeing as how every game ever is usually on sale during it, yes.
Doesn't really matter... I impulse-bought it, and now I have INSTANT BUYER'S REMORSE. Because you don't get to $900 in Steam games without hating yourself.
[t]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578955865669279619/0C58585B74435EC6CA2936B0D43762FD31E5B473/[/t]
[QUOTE=PaChIrA;35894228]Is there a way to move the camera in third person without moving my head?[/QUOTE]Double hit ALT.
[t]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578955865669626661/A71A543A61B8B1D93CCEC4E0F6390EE02ACA1CE8/[/t] [img]http://www.thefastertimes.com/basketball/files/2011/05/Smokey-Bear-Only-You-Posters.jpg[/img]
[QUOTE=Nastardo;35876138]It seems that this game need nasa computer to get over 30fps, any ideas guys? (i have 6850 directcu 1gb , 8gb ram, AMD Phenom X4 II 955)[/QUOTE] I have i7@3.4 ghz, GTX560 1gb, and 8gb ram myself. Maybe it doesn't like AMD?
[QUOTE=Nastardo;35876138]It seems that this game need nasa computer to get over 30fps, any ideas guys? (i have 6850 directcu 1gb , 8gb ram, AMD Phenom X4 II 955)[/QUOTE] Turn off vsync, Use a FXAA/SMAA injector instead of the ingame AA options, force Anisotropic filtering through your graphics card drivers instead of using the game options.
in dayz, some bandits were using the pickup truck as bait. I was to the side of them crawling through the hills, trying to get my revenge on them for killing me like 5 times and my friends aswell.. I was just going to do a mad rush with my makarov, until I noticed them going further up the hill, so I sprinted down, got in the truck and drove off. they disconnected without a word
So I want to play DayZ, and I have Arma 2 but not the extra missions, do I need them? And how can I get Arma to stop freezing and shitting all over the place, I have a plenty strong PC but it seems to freeze once a minute for a few seconds. That and I have no clue how to play this game
[QUOTE=Falchion;35861455]Lee Enfield for ultimate accuracy and damage. Edit: Your sidearm is for fighting zombies up close.[/QUOTE] I remember reading "The Lee Enfield is so loud that it opens a rift in space and time which allows zombies from other servers to come get you"
[QUOTE=MaikkiBoi;35896935]Double hit ALT.[/QUOTE] Or just hold and move your mouse.
I've got a 3.0Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM and a GTS 250. Runs like a charm with antialiasing on low, textures on high and everything else on normal (I also force FXAA though Nvidia drivers).
[QUOTE=Mr Flexi;35898628]Or just hold and move your mouse.[/QUOTE] Oh, I was looking for a way to rotate camera around myself in third person, not turn my head.
[QUOTE=PaChIrA;35898658]Oh, I was looking for a way to rotate camera around myself in third person, not turn my head.[/QUOTE] What for? You can look 360 degrees around you by turning your head anyway.
[QUOTE=PaChIrA;35898658]Oh, I was looking for a way to rotate camera around myself in third person, not turn my head.[/QUOTE] Yes, that's what that does.
[QUOTE=simkas;35898730]Yes, that's what that does.[/QUOTE] Actually it also turns your head. If you want to get a shot of your own face or something it's not going to happen with ALT.
Forcing video settings through Catalyst Control Center gave me 40fps increase, and now I can run the game on full res instead of an atrocious 1366x760. (with 3d res at half that!)
[QUOTE=RautaPalli;35898841]Actually it also turns your head. If you want to get a shot of your own face or something it's not going to happen with ALT.[/QUOTE] If you have another unit in your squad, press numpad del to go into command mode, this lets you rotate and zoom the camera in and out freely around your unit without your head turning.
you have to be squad leader for that tho
sometimes my game glitches out, drags my fps to like 2 and all players look like this. occasionally it passes, usually not. anyone know how to fix this bug? [IMG]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578955865678923274/CFE0C25A9B6FAF06D449C85B9119721EB4D97002/[/IMG]
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.