• ARMA 2 ; ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead V.3
    9,999 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Derp Y. Mail;35950691]Thinking of buying this game because everyone is hyping about it. Would I be able to run it with this laptop? Intel i5-450M Processor (Dual 2.40 GHz) ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 (1GB) 4GB RAM Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit[/QUOTE] Your CPU is okay, as long as you play on med/low setting and you've more than enough RAM. I am using a GPU from the same generation as yours but from Nvidia and not mobile, so I'm not 100% sure about that. It should work good on medium settings without AA and post-processing. You could always try ARMA 2 Free before you buy. [editline]14th May 2012[/editline] It's great that more people are actually interested in playing good games, instead of *that other "war" game* for example.
[QUOTE=Jack Trades;35950898]Your CPU is okay, as long as you play on med/low setting and you've more than enough RAM. I am using a GPU from the same generation as yours but from Nvidia and not mobile, so I'm not 100% sure about that. It should work good on medium settings without AA and post-processing. You could always try ARMA 2 Free before you buy. [editline]14th May 2012[/editline] It's great that more people are actually interested in playing good games, instead of *that other "war" game* for example.[/QUOTE] I'll download ARMA 2 Free when I get home, then! And yeah, I've been wanting a proper realistic military game, and *that other "war" game* just never cuts it. Especially not when you have 2 grandfathers still in the army... I've heard a lot of hype about ARMA and ARMA 2, but it's all been good hype. So I thought I'll give it a try and then buy it if I like it. It's not too expensive either, so I like that. Also the DayZ mod looks awesome too!
[QUOTE=Derp Y. Mail;35950946]I'll download ARMA 2 Free when I get home, then! And yeah, I've been wanting a proper realistic military game, and *that other "war" game* just never cuts it. Especially not when you have 2 grandfathers still in the army... I've heard a lot of hype about ARMA and ARMA 2, but it's all been good hype. So I thought I'll give it a try and then buy it if I like it. It's not too expensive either, so I like that. Also the DayZ mod looks awesome too![/QUOTE] I recommend buying at least ARMA 2: Combined Operations (it's ARMA 2 and ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead together) because all good mods require CO to function and you get lots of guns, vehicles and maps that way. If you want full experience though, I recommend buying CO together with PMC and BAF expansions to get all the content. [editline]14th May 2012[/editline] On totally unrelated note. I wish ARMA had a zombie mod that I could play co-op and that didn't suck.
Gave myself a stroke trying this game yesterday holy shit the controls.
Just bought this game. Played "Operation flashpoint" ages ago, and found it pretty fun, so i'm having pretty high hopes. First time playing, GO ->
[QUOTE=Jack Trades;35951021]On totally unrelated note. I wish ARMA had a zombie mod that I could play co-op and that didn't suck.[/QUOTE] I kinda liked Chernarus Apocalypse [editline]14th May 2012[/editline] (which is coop for about 12 people)
[QUOTE=napalm_bomb;35951800]Gave myself a stroke trying this game yesterday holy shit the controls.[/QUOTE] it's easy really wasd, q,e for movement. alt to look around. zxc stances scroll for action menu, m1 shoot, m2 zoom m for map, b for binocs, k for compass hmm what else. maybe tab to lock on w/ guided missiles in vanilla of course there's more for driving/air but you'll get used to it try installing ace, it'll give you even more keys to remember
Getting used to scroll menus is the only thing I had problems with when I first started playing ARMA 2, really. Everything else is pretty standard.
make it a habit to use mouse3 when selecting something from a scroll menu instead of mouse1. misfire reason #1
[QUOTE=Cuel;35952025]make it a habit to use mouse3 when selecting something from a scroll menu instead of mouse1. misfire reason #1[/QUOTE] Oh god. Getting something from a friend's backpack then he moves when you select it. I then had to access the backpack on the ground, amidst his brains.
Who actually thought it would be a good idea to include a Post process effect which rapes your GPU and just makes everything blurry as fuck?
Hey, can someone tell me the difference betweent he paid and the free version? Also will the Day Z mod work for the free version?
[QUOTE=Zar;35953866]Hey, can someone tell me the difference betweent he paid and the free version? Also will the Day Z mod work for the free version?[/QUOTE] [IMG]http://puu.sh/uHsX[/IMG]
:c i dont have money for the arma 2 bundle right now. i want to play it so badly, but im spending literally ALL of my money for a new computer :c sad [editline]14th May 2012[/editline] hey, any kind soul feel like buying me a copy? i know its begging... but im seriously out of money. i would love to play it while cooperating with someone [editline]14th May 2012[/editline] ill trade with a indie bundle code... if i have one [editline]14th May 2012[/editline] i should have a steam key, and i have desura keys
[QUOTE=nutcake;35953361]Who actually thought it would be a good idea to include a Post process effect which rapes your GPU and just makes everything blurry as fuck?[/QUOTE] Turn it off?
the bundle has a 60-70 dollar value and includes world of goo, machinarium, penumbra,braid, lugaru HD and some other good games
[QUOTE=Zar;35955395]the bundle has a 60-70 dollar value and includes world of goo, machinarium, penumbra,braid, lugaru HD and some other good games[/QUOTE] Lovely, i'll stick to ArmA
[QUOTE=Zar;35955395]the bundle has a 60-70 dollar value and includes world of goo, machinarium, penumbra,braid, lugaru HD and some other good games[/QUOTE] If you're really trying to slum it you can "OBTAIN" arma II and buy Operation arrowhead, cheapest way to do it... [highlight](User was banned for this post ("Hinting at warez" - Orkel))[/highlight]
nah im no pirate
Someones going to call you out on being a beggar is worse than pirate about now
[QUOTE=Profanwolf;35941445]386th, it died and lets not mention it again because it brings up unneccesary drama.[/QUOTE] No drama, just bird combat. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc0UWsvnEjEp[/media] [editline]14th May 2012[/editline] Nailed the Huey with the M203 like a boss. I miss those days.
Hah, im in that video. I do miss those days as well. Too bad the drama killed it.
snip
So I picked up OA (which gives my CO now). I like it so far. I took a shot at the heli tutorial since the one in ArmA2 sucked IMO. OA's tutorial on it is a little better, I just suck at piloting.
[QUOTE=BANNED USER;35955805]No drama, just bird combat. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc0UWsvnEjEp[/media] [editline]14th May 2012[/editline] Nailed the Huey with the M203 like a boss. I miss those days.[/QUOTE] I remember that exact moment as well, you can hear me scream "Open fire on the bird!" Boy, those were really the days. Linelor was a complete idiot (thank goodness I left when I did) but we were all a great group of guys and it was really fun playing with everybody. I wish we could go back and do it all again.
Welp, most of the British guys from 386th stuck together if you want to join us for some DayZ/I44.
[QUOTE=Jon-Ace;35959349]So I picked up OA (which gives my CO now). I like it so far. I took a shot at the heli tutorial since the one in ArmA2 sucked IMO. OA's tutorial on it is a little better, I just suck at piloting.[/QUOTE] I don't know how people find VTOLs so hard to control.
[QUOTE=Jon-Ace;35959349]So I picked up OA (which gives my CO now). I like it so far. I took a shot at the heli tutorial since the one in ArmA2 sucked IMO. OA's tutorial on it is a little better, I just suck at piloting.[/QUOTE] The best way to learn things in ArmA 2 in general is (in my opinion) to spawn yourself in whatever vehicle in the editor. You can also very easily spawn whatever targets you want in there. I also have a short video demonstrating a pretty good landing. VERY good landing, if I may say so myself. [video=youtube;qhVIU3X0zxs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhVIU3X0zxs&feature=plcp[/video]
I cant respawn after getting shot by someone a few minutes after i first spawned in DAYZ. I only get this hourglass in the middle of the screen, and i cant go to the menu or anything. Then after a few minutes it just says "Kicked because ping too high". And it keeps happening after i disconnect and join other dayz servers. I'm just there, laying down being dead in a warehouse and i cant do anything about it. Can anyone help me ?
[QUOTE=turkeysandvich;35962077]I cant respawn after getting shot by someone a few minutes after i first spawned in DAYZ. I only get this hourglass in the middle of the screen, and i cant go to the menu or anything. Then after a few minutes it just says "Kicked because ping too high". And it keeps happening after i disconnect and join other dayz servers. I'm just there, laying down being dead in a warehouse and i cant do anything about it. Can anyone help me ?[/QUOTE] The hourglass is you bleeding out. You have to wait until you die or the hourglass runs out and you get up again. When you're really dead, you will get a YOU ARE DEAD screen. You can't access the menu while bleeding out because people really like to bitch out and disconnect if they think they are about to lose their virtual items.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.