• ARMA 2 ; ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead V.3
    9,999 replies, posted
Hello, I'm wondering if there is some sort of sandbox mission with respawning vehicles available? I'm asking because I'd love to mess about with vehicles with my friends on a private online server.
[QUOTE=GREN EYGS N HAM;35963744]Hello, I'm wondering if there is some sort of sandbox mission with respawning vehicles available? I'm asking because I'd love to mess about with vehicles with my friends on a private online server.[/QUOTE] I have a little mission on chernarus, Got assorted heli's and jets, a LAV, Abrams, a Shilka and some humvees'(All respawn, and there are service points to rearm). Could send it to you if you want. Adding vehicles to it isnt that hard. [editline]15th May 2012[/editline] Should run on Arma 2 Free, ArmA 2, Combined Ops and Operation Arrowhead.
[QUOTE=Goz3rr;35963762]I have a little mission on chernarus, Got assorted heli's and jets, a LAV, Abrams, a Shilka and some humvees'(All respawn, and there are service points to rearm). Could send it to you if you want. Adding vehicles to it isnt that hard. [editline]15th May 2012[/editline] Should run on Arma 2 Free, ArmA 2, Combined Ops and Operation Arrowhead.[/QUOTE] That would be super. I'd really appreciate if you sent it to me.
[QUOTE=GREN EYGS N HAM;35963744]Hello, I'm wondering if there is some sort of sandbox mission with respawning vehicles available? I'm asking because I'd love to mess about with vehicles with my friends on a private online server.[/QUOTE] [url]http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?127214-MCC-Sandbox-The-Mod[/url]
[QUOTE=GREN EYGS N HAM;35963874]That would be super. I'd really appreciate if you sent it to me.[/QUOTE] [url]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8385549/derpmobiles.Chernarus.zip[/url] If you place it it Documents/ArmA 2 Other Profiles/Your Username/MPMissions you should be able to edit it with the mission editor in the game lobby.
[QUOTE=Goz3rr;35963931][url]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8385549/derpmobiles.Chernarus.zip[/url] If you place it it Documents/ArmA 2 Other Profiles/Your Username/MPMissions you should be able to edit it with the mission editor in the game lobby.[/QUOTE] Alright, thanks a ton. [editline]15th May 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Jack Trades;35963912][url]http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?127214-MCC-Sandbox-The-Mod[/url][/QUOTE] I'll try this one aswell. Thanks.
[QUOTE=GREN EYGS N HAM;35963744]Hello, I'm wondering if there is some sort of sandbox mission with respawning vehicles available? I'm asking because I'd love to mess about with vehicles with my friends on a private online server.[/QUOTE] We need trucks. Lots and lots of trucks.
[QUOTE=Derp Y. Mail;35964708]We need trucks. Lots and lots of trucks.[/QUOTE] Open my mission in the editor, take a look at the init on the humvees at spawn, make a new vehicle and put the code from the humvees in their init line. Done
I find MCC Mod that I posted earlier to be much easier for that. Open MCC menu in-game. Chose a vehicle from the list. Click on the map to spawn it. Repeat.
Also there is Armex, which is a multiplayer armory.
I was getting anxious for my birthday to come around so I could actually get to buy this game (seeing how I've played the Free edition ever since I asked about it here, with only sleep inbetween). And then this happened. [img]http://i.cubeupload.com/ju3yBG.png[/img] So much love was given. [editline]15th May 2012[/editline] Oh man, 14 GB worth of content to download. This'll take a while...
[QUOTE=Derp Y. Mail;35968597] Oh man, 14 GB worth of content to download. This'll take a while...[/QUOTE] Worth it in the end.
[QUOTE=Panimala;35962044]The best way to learn things in ArmA 2 in general is (in my opinion) to spawn yourself in whatever vehicle in the editor. You can also very easily spawn whatever targets you want in there. I also have a short video demonstrating a pretty good landing. VERY good landing, if I may say so myself.[/QUOTE] That was a masterpiece.
[QUOTE=Derp Y. Mail;35968597]Oh man, 14 GB worth of content to download. This'll take a while...[/QUOTE] 14 GB? Just wait until you get into the mod community. Add to that my 8,3GB ArmA 2 folder. Fucking ridiculous. [IMG]http://piclair.com/data/epvo6.jpg[/IMG] [T]http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/50/arma2oa2012051103362371.jpg[/T] This image is from a really good op. We played MSO Sangin (MSO is a framework for maps that makes them totally dynamic, with enemies and civilians spawning all over, moving around the world). We patrolled and engaged insurgents for like 3 hours, and when we decided to head home to base the server went to shit. Everyone froze in place and the rubber band lag was horrible, like BF3 beta lag x1000. Some guys managed to get a jeep to our position but we later crashed. I got out with only minor wounds, covered in blood. I sat down for a while before we all decided to leave.
Where do I put all the download stuff for DayZ?
addons folder in @dayz.
Finally got round to Buying arrow head so i can use CO... not even played the campaigns, DayZ and Life servers all day erryday.
I joined Dayz now since i finally got OA i lived 2 minutes got shot by a bandit...changed server...same thing...changed server...and again.... I dont know if thats normal but its really anoying for "new" people ......
[QUOTE=EmoMark;35974536]I joined Dayz now since i finally got OA i lived 2 minutes got shot by a bandit...changed server...same thing...changed server...and again.... I dont know if thats normal but its really anoying for "new" people ......[/QUOTE] Get used to it stop crying. It's not an easy game and I'm glad that it isn't. Bottom line: [U]you're going to die alot[/U].
[url]http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16786[/url] DayZ is going official in the next ARMAII update.
[QUOTE=Jon-Ace;35970670]Worth it in the end.[/QUOTE] As a matter of fact, no. Not a fault of the game (seeing how I haven't got to play it yet), but during the night while I waited for the install to finish something must've happened, because right now now my computer is unresponsive to the point of freezing the whole OS if I do anything at all. I can't even switch windows without it almost crashing. I've done several restarts (through forced power-button shutdowns) and it's actually so slow I can even read the text of a GPU-related batch-script on startup. THAT usually flies by in half a second, now it takes 2-3 minutes to disappear. I think it's dying.
buy new comp
That's the plan if everything goes to hell...
[QUOTE=Derp Y. Mail;35975483]That's the plan if everything goes to hell...[/QUOTE] Sounds like your CPU or Harddrive is shitting itself.
Hey people of Arma 2. I have recently purchased Arma 2 CO. Operation Arrowhead finished downloading quite some time ago now. I, of course, tried to start it up instantly. But I get the error message "Data file too short...". As a medium clever human being I tried to check my local files for errors. It always said one file was re-requested, but nothing ever happened. I also tried to delete the files from the error message and then check my files for errors, giving me errors of a different file everytime and at some point starting from the first file in the error message again. I am sorry if this was already asked here in the thread but I can't be arsed to read the whole damn thread.
[QUOTE=Mindfuck 2;35980303]Hey people of Arma 2. I have recently purchased Arma 2 CO. Operation Arrowhead finished downloading quite some time ago now. I, of course, tried to start it up instantly. But I get the error message "Data file too short...". As a medium clever human being I tried to check my local files for errors. It always said one file was re-requested, but nothing ever happened. I also tried to delete the files from the error message and then check my files for errors, giving me errors of a different file everytime and at some point starting from the first file in the error message again. I am sorry if this was already asked here in the thread but I can't be arsed to read the whole damn thread.[/QUOTE] Your shits fucked, have you tried a complete reinstall?
[QUOTE=Mindfuck 2;35980303]Hey people of Arma 2. I have recently purchased Arma 2 CO. Operation Arrowhead finished downloading quite some time ago now. I, of course, tried to start it up instantly. But I get the error message "Data file too short...". As a medium clever human being I tried to check my local files for errors. It always said one file was re-requested, but nothing ever happened. I also tried to delete the files from the error message and then check my files for errors, giving me errors of a different file everytime and at some point starting from the first file in the error message again. I am sorry if this was already asked here in the thread but I can't be arsed to read the whole damn thread.[/QUOTE] Run steam as admin, then verify again
[QUOTE=Tark;35980382]Your shits fucked, have you tried a complete reinstall?[/QUOTE] Might give this a try. [QUOTE=Goz3rr;35980692]Run steam as admin, then verify again[/QUOTE] Already did.
I wish Arma 2-3 would use steams workshop that would be awesome !
[QUOTE=Usernameztaken;35979674]Sounds like your CPU or Harddrive is shitting itself.[/QUOTE] I did a full restore to factory settings and it unshat itself. So it's all good now. Been playing ARMA 2 with 3 friends of mine now for like 6 hours. 2 in each team, hiding at a spot in the world while the other team seeks the hiding one using only waypoints as clues. Lasts long, and you get to see the sights! I love the sneaking factor of the game. Honestly this is the first game where I'd rather sneak and discuss plans than sprint into action, not only because of the survival factor - but because it's fun!
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.