• Half-Life series, general discussion (v2)
    9,944 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Sobek-;36700413]I do. Because every time I see it I keep secretly wishing the game would pull a fast one and do Alyx instead.[/QUOTE] i fill your pain
[QUOTE=Butthurter;36700861]i fill your pain[/QUOTE] with what?
[QUOTE=Dracon;36700981]with what?[/QUOTE] Eli's blood.
[QUOTE=Dracon;36700981]with what?[/QUOTE] Gravy.
[QUOTE=Sobek-;36700413]I do. Because every time I see it I keep secretly wishing the game would pull a fast one and do Alyx instead.[/QUOTE] "do Alyx" :quagmire:
I'm pretty sure she's not in the right emotional state for doing at present moment. I mean, Christ, she's been [sp]mourning over her father's dead body[/sp] for nearly five years now.
[QUOTE=En Ex;36705748]I mean, Christ, she's been [sp]mourning over her father's dead body[/sp] for nearly five years now.[/QUOTE] [sp]Nihilanth dies at the end of Half-Life.[/sp]
[QUOTE=CaLeB-;36705801][sp]Nihilanth dies at the end of Half-Life.[/sp][/QUOTE] [sp]Done...what have you done...[/sp] Speaking of when it's done, I am genuinely curious if we will ever get to see/learn more about his race.
[QUOTE=CaLeB-;36705801][sp]Nihilanth dies at the end of Half-Life.[/sp][/QUOTE] Actually, something makes me think that's not the case. I've interpreted him as some kind of omnipresent/omniscient being that doesn't actually have a true physical form, but is capable of taking one.
I have had a [b]MASSIVE[/b] idea for an episode 3 possibility for years now. However, it is so radically different from everything we have seen, that it really isn't an episode 3 possibility. I mean this because it has things in it from different medias such as lightsabers and psychic powers. But don't let this turn you off. I added these things and ideas into the HL2 universe in a very plausible way that makes sense given the games universe context. It's called the Life of John, based on a comic series I created in GMOD, that tells the story of a bartender in a tiny island who goes on to become the savior of the planet due to him having near god-like powers. It is set in 2018, three years after the events of EP2, in an altered timeline. It's extremely big, and would take a trilogy to tell the entire tale. So if you guys like to hear it all so far, just ask.
[QUOTE=Smug Bastard;36706458]Actually, something makes me think that's not the case. I've interpreted him as some kind of omnipresent/omniscient being that doesn't actually have a true physical form, but is capable of taking one.[/QUOTE] Nah, the Nihilanth wasn't that powerful. It was just a telepathic being that was enslaved by the combine. I think we will be going back to Xen to destroy the border world and prevent anymore combine from coming through. That's why they were headed to the Borealis, to use Aperture's portal technology. In the end the G-man will actually be the sentient-fungi cloud from the leaked concept art.
Try it it is good [highlight](User was permabanned for this post ("Advertising" - Craptasket))[/highlight]
ಠ_ಠ [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/nOBFy.png[/IMG] [highlight](User was banned for this post ("Quoting spam / meme face" - Craptasket))[/highlight]
wat [highlight](User was banned for this post ("Quoting spam" - Craptasket))[/highlight]
Future Army Gamers... F.A.G! [highlight](User was banned for this post ("Quoting spam" - Craptasket))[/highlight]
Lets just report it instead of quoting it.
[QUOTE=zenhorse;36706727] It's called the Life of John[/QUOTE] John Freeman?
[QUOTE=oskramorir;36709903]John Freeman?[/QUOTE] John Walker. He has nothing to do with Gordon
[QUOTE=zenhorse;36706727]I have had a [b]MASSIVE[/b] idea for an episode 3 possibility for years now. However, it is so radically different from everything we have seen, that it really isn't an episode 3 possibility. I mean this because it has things in it from different medias such as lightsabers and psychic powers. But don't let this turn you off. I added these things and ideas into the HL2 universe in a very plausible way that makes sense given the games universe context. It's called the Life of John, based on a comic series I created in GMOD, that tells the story of a bartender in a tiny island who goes on to become the savior of the planet due to him having near god-like powers. It is set in 2018, three years after the events of EP2, in an altered timeline. It's extremely big, and would take a trilogy to tell the entire tale. So if you guys like to hear it all so far, just ask.[/QUOTE] kickstart that shit!
[QUOTE=oskramorir;36709903]John Freeman?[/QUOTE] Oh god a Full life consequences mod. That would be amazing
[quote]The story starts with a recap of HL2 and its episodes. It then picks up immediately after the ending of EP2, just after Gordon passes out. A tall figure dressed in rebel clothes walks towards Alyx, whom is crying over Eli’s corpses, and quickly points a gun at her and shoots her in the shoulder, causing her to fall on the ground in pain. The man than walks over towards Gordon, whom awakens as he approaches. The man looks at Gordon and softly says: “Your employment is over.” He then grabs Gordon’s crowbar, which was laying by Gordon’s side, and proceeds to horrifically beat Gordon with it while Alyx helplessly watches. After taking several deadly blows, the man than grabs Gordon by the head and gouges out Gordon’s eyes with his thumbs before throwing Gordon’s dead body aside. He then approaches Alyx, who is trying to crawl to safety with blood pouring from her shoulder. The man takes the crowbar and bashes her leg, before beating her senseless until she is unable to move. The man tosses the crowbar aside as he watches Alyx squirm in pain. A few moments later, the man is approached by another man, a bald man with a black combine overwatch tattoo on his left eye. The two men than leave the base, and a few minutes later, the entire White Forest Base explodes into flames, killing everyone inside.[/quote] That's simply the prelude. If you like it, I'll tell more
so episode 3 involves 30 seconds of gameplay? also the first part didn't make any sense
[QUOTE=Meatpuppet;36712175]?also the first part didn't make any sense[/QUOTE] I changed the timeline for my own preferences. This is not any gameplay this is simply the opening cinematic. It may seem confusing at first, but there is a big reason why the two men were there and what they did afterword.
so basically your intro is the rebels are too dumb to get the memo to evac when eli was personally gangbanged by 2 angry combine advisors and after several waves of striders beforehand, and alyx gets brutally beaten up by a combine spy instead of them just going straight to blowing the base up before everyone could even evac god i hope valve doesnt make an intro as stupid as rebels staying around in white forest still
So Gordon dies, Magnusson dies, Kleiner dies, everyone else who was in White Forest dies, and Alyx is left for dead. Gee what a great beginning.
This reminds me of [URL="http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1158619"]my own HL3 idea[/URL] I posted a while back.
[QUOTE=Kahgarak;36722242]This reminds me of [URL="http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1158619"]my own HL3 idea[/URL] I posted a while back.[/QUOTE] At least [URL="http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1160390&p=35973064&viewfull=1#post35973064"]my ideas[/URL] actually follow the storyline...
I do like your story, Cornwaffle.
Oh boy, all major characters die and you instead have to play as some stereotypical douchbag. How fucking wonderful, what marvelous idea.
I have an idea for a HL3 beginning. First, you see flashbacks on how Eli died. It ends when it shows Alyx is crying over his dead body. After that, you see Alyx sitting at a bench in the helicopter from the end of EP2, Then she says, "Gordon... Gordon, snap out of it! You're staring at me again. *chuckles* " (Reference from HL2 unused sounds.) Then the pilot (Unknown, Maybe Barney) says, "Are you ready, guys?" Alyx says, "Yeah, lets go." What do you guys think?
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.