• Dwarf Fortress - DF2012 released
    10,001 replies, posted
You don't [editline]3rd March 2012[/editline] You can only assign hunting dogs if I recall, or was it war dogs
[QUOTE=HALP Cat;34979633]You don't [editline]3rd March 2012[/editline] You can only assign hunting dogs if I recall, or was it war dogs[/QUOTE] Yes. How does one do such a thing?
[v]iew the Dwarf you want the dogs assigned to, press [p], then assign dogs by pressing [e] (I'm pretty sure it's [e]). The option should say "Work Dogs" and from there you can press a letter to either assign a hunting dog or a war dog to said Dwarf.
Ok how do I go about updating my game to 34.04? Do i just download it and then copy my old world folder in to the new folder? Edit: nvm it's in a text file
How do I archery targets? My dwarves won't train on them, saying the area is inaccessible (but it isn't).
I just accidentally threw my adventurer off a cliff.
Are there any utilities out there that let you edit skills and such? [QUOTE=WTF Nuke;34980583]How do I archery targets? My dwarves won't train on them, saying the area is inaccessible (but it isn't).[/QUOTE] Did you set the direction correctly?
Right to left, they are going to stand to the right of the targets.
[QUOTE=Conscript;34980686]Are there any utilities out there that let you edit skills and such?[/QUOTE] Runesmith?
Whoops, Looks like that woodsdwarf decided to open the miasma! Boy what a lovely rampage my milita is on!
Aaaaaaaaaaand my male craftsdwarf just gave birth.
[QUOTE=Squid Rofel;34981229]Aaaaaaaaaaand my male craftsdwarf just gave birth.[/QUOTE] Even for dwarf fortress this is a disturbing anatomical impossibility.
What are these danger room? By the way cant you make walls for your fortress, for exemple, convert a big room or fill up open space you dont want anymore?
[QUOTE=Joxalot;34981359]What are these danger room? By the way cant you make walls for your fortress, for exemple, convert a big room or fill up open space you dont want anymore?[/QUOTE] Walls are (b -> C -> w) if i remember correctly. They are pre-smoothed so they will show up as pillars by their own.
So it IS possible to build like these castles and other crazy stuff that are not carved into stone? Sweet
You can construct a castle made entirely of charcoal if you wanted to. Not sure why you'd want to, but you can.
[QUOTE=RearAdmiral;34981645]You can construct a castle made entirely of charcoal if you wanted to. Not sure why you'd want to, but you can.[/QUOTE] Obviously to atract a goblin raid, then set fire to the whole place
If you're in a freezing biome, ice is actually a very good material to build structures with, as it allows light to pass through it and thus means that Dwarves can avoid cave adaptation while still benefitting from having a roof over their heads.
[QUOTE=Joxalot;34981580]So it IS possible to build like these castles and other crazy stuff that are not carved into stone? Sweet[/QUOTE] It's very much possible. [img]http://i40.tinypic.com/1zywlqp.jpg[/img] [url]http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=43679.0;topicseen[/url]
[QUOTE=limulus54;34981317]Even for dwarf fortress this is a disturbing anatomical impossibility.[/QUOTE] Fuck you it's impossible [IMG_thumb]http://i.imgur.com/EQI1o.jpg[/IMG_thumb]
Maybe they're a female vampire taking on a male false identity?
[QUOTE=RearAdmiral;34981802]Maybe they're a female vampire taking on a male false identity?[/QUOTE] Shit, Therapist just has a girl down as a guy D: Edit: Again, Therapist labeled a woman as a man. Said woman was about to head into battle with a baby.
My fortress just got invaded by a swarm of gobbos. Things were getting tense as the goblins cut through wave after wave of dwarves. They were unstoppable. They charged through my front gates, darting past the tripped traps in their wake when suddenly the cavalry appeared. One of my legendary marksdwarves begins shooting the goblins and they start falling one after the other. They close in on my dwarf and the stairs down to the civilians below, but he keeps fighting and they keep falling. Their numbers were dropping but a single hit on my dwarf would spell doom for the rest of the fortress... Then the game crashed.
Are there more babies as of lately? My dwarves have been giving birth at least once per couple minutes, and I just had a three birth streak, where three dwarves were born in one second.
What are some good ways of rooting out vampires that won't result in the death of everyone in the fortress?
Check if they're a member of numerous groups, usually they have a large number of memberships. With a large number of dwarves this gets annoying, though
So water doesn't unfreeze in freezing biomes? That may be a problem since i embarked with a fisherdwarf + fishcleaner with a river. I guess the fact that it is [i]"freezing"[/i] should have been a dead giveaway.
Any tips on killing a vampire? Asshole drained my legendary dwarf.
How would I go about murdering children? Is there a way I can command them all to go somewhere?
I don't understand why people need Dwarf Therapist. I don't use it and I play just fine.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.