• Dwarf Fortress - DF2012 released
    10,001 replies, posted
[QUOTE=johnlukeg;34830631]Need to make a vampire fortress with a dwarf farm.[/QUOTE] Get the suspected vampire into a danger room, but use slightly more deadlier spears so as to make him bleed. Set it up so his blood goes into the water supply, and then let your dwarves drink the water and become vamps.
Does anyone know what the benefits of becoming a thrall in adventure mode are? I ran into a cloud of profane ash and got attacked by some creatures and when I managed to escape I was an ash thrall. Now everyone hates me and my brain is permanently broken.
[QUOTE=Oliolio;34836191][url]http://www.livestream.com/dorffortruss[/url][/QUOTE] Our narcisstic schizoid streamer, who spoke to himself for 3 hours and didn't know.
But he has the voice of a GOD.
[QUOTE=Terminutter;34836719]But he has the voice of a GOD.[/QUOTE] A voice compiled from pure sex, It has an engraving depicting 3 hours of waste.
so exactly how do you get blood into your water source? does it work like a liquid?
Who wants to be dorfed? I have a miner/armorsmith, mason/carpenter/woodcutter, crafter, and brewer.
I'll take the [del]butcher[/del] doctor
[QUOTE=Dacheet;34837252]Who wants to be dorfed? I have a miner/armorsmith, mason/carpenter/woodcutter, crafter, farmer/doctor, cook, and brewer.[/QUOTE] I'll take the cook since POKEY STOLE THE BUTCHER ARGH
I still have 4 places left in Lovelysnot.
Dabbling surgeons are the best thing, provided you don't mind a dwarf losing all his limbs because of a damaged finger.
I'll be dorfed if you'll have me as anything!
I'll be the woodcutter
[QUOTE=Pokey McFork;34837563]Dabbling surgeons are the best thing, provided you don't mind a dwarf losing all his limbs because of a damaged finger.[/QUOTE] That reminds me of those surgeon simulators. "Doctor Dacheet, we have someone in the ER with appendicitis! We need emergency surgery!" "DOCTOR WHAT ARE YOU DOING ARE YOU PUTTING HIS LIVER IN HIS SPLEEN? OH GOD WAT"
I'll take the miner/armorsmith
So im getting ambushed by two goblin parties, and my dwarfs decide that this is the time to run out of the burrow i just assigned them in.
[QUOTE=Oliolio;34836191][url]http://www.livestream.com/dorffortruss[/url][/QUOTE] make the rainbow king
One of my dwarfs just decided that a rubber wood short sword would be the most suitable weapon to fight goblins with. [editline]24th February 2012[/editline] he then proceeded to whack goblins on their iron helmets doing no damage at all while my axedwarfs were chopping the goblins up
Just finally got the hang of this but I'm kinda stumped from here, theres a peragrin falcon just flying around the inside of my fort pissing people off - how do I kill this son of a bitch?
[QUOTE=RagamuffinIIII;34839838]Just finally got the hang of this but I'm kinda stumped from here, theres a peragrin falcon just flying around the inside of my fort pissing people off - how do I kill this son of a bitch?[/QUOTE] Marksdwarves. You can also just send melee dwarves after it and hope that eventually it flies low enough for an axe to chop it up.
He says it's flying around in the inside. So basically, there's a falcon flying around slamming into windows and whatnot, making everyone uncomfortable. I'm sure if you just drafted someone into the military they could go strangle it to death.
Will toady ever fix the glitch where workers go to the closest place on all z-levels to to get wood/rocks/whatever as opposed to the closest item by number of steps away from them, its annoying to watch them walk all the way through my fortress go to to the log that was right above their workshop, instead of the log in a stockpile 10 steps away.
I dont get how aquifers are so easy to get through. I tried the cave-in thing, and thanks to my own poor planning I got two of my miners killed in the process. The only two miners. Oh and it didn't work. the caved in bit turned into aquifer.
[QUOTE=johnlukeg;34840671]He says it's flying around in the inside. So basically, there's a falcon flying around slamming into windows and whatnot, making everyone uncomfortable. I'm sure if you just drafted someone into the military they could go strangle it to death.[/QUOTE] Ans since it's the fastest animal in the world, it is doing all this at 202mph
[QUOTE=billibobc;34840902]Will toady ever fix the glitch where workers go to the closest place on all z-levels to to get wood/rocks/whatever as opposed to the closest item by number of steps away from them, its annoying to watch them walk all the way through my fortress go to to the log that was right above their workshop, instead of the log in a stockpile 10 steps away.[/QUOTE] Perhaps build stairs?
[QUOTE=wallyroberto_2;34841130]Perhaps build stairs?[/QUOTE] Its not really that easy if the spot above the workshop is outside of my surface fortifications. Stupid dorfs walking past 20 logs to get a log he sensed was a few feet above him.
i set my child cap to 10:10, but a migrant wave came and now i have 18 children. i put the cap before they came, so what gives? edit: nevermind, dwarf therapist messed up and said i had 18 but i only had 9, i think it duplicated them(??)
[QUOTE=billibobc;34841303]Its not really that easy if the spot above the workshop is outside of my surface fortifications. Stupid dorfs walking past 20 logs to get a log he sensed was a few feet above him.[/QUOTE] Make wood stock piles near your workshops?
[QUOTE=ZestyLemons;34843018]Make wood stock piles near your workshops?[/QUOTE] No he means that if his workshop is on the level below the surface, and there is a log directly above the workshop ("1 tile away") and a log 3 or so tiles to the left in a stockpile (3 tiles away), the dwarf will walk through the whole fortress and outside to get it.
So I rigged up a false entrance to my Fortress that, when certain levers are pulled, floods a winding corridor that is immediately sealed at both ends by Drawbridges. I have it drain into the first cavern layer. I didn't think much of it until I got curious and had a look in the cavern itself, only to see that my constant testing had effectively flooded the entire area under my Fortress, all the mushrooms and critters having drowned already. I constructed an overly elaborate method of killing things I don't like while at the same time crippling if not outright destroying an eco system. [B]I LOVE IT.[/b]
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.