• Dwarf Fortress - DF2012 released
    10,001 replies, posted
I threw a turkey down the pit afterwards and holy fuck they made a good splatter at the bottom :v:
[QUOTE=Mrfantasticool;34906001]Would assigning all of my civs into militia squads set to inactive be useful at all? The idea is that this way I can get my civvies to carry around a weapon at all times, so they at least stand a chance against the average goblin invader or raven. Though I can imagine failed moods become a lot more interesting too[/QUOTE] I suppose that would work, although then most of your fort would been unhappy because of being drafted.
[QUOTE=Teh Zip File;34906368]I suppose that would work, although then most of your fort would been unhappy because of being drafted.[/QUOTE] Nothing a golden floor in the dining room wouldn't fix. In other news I just got a massive siege, I think about 80-90 goblins lead by a legendary general. Kind of a suckish general because his entire army got torn apart by my array of serrated iron disc traps, only had 3 losses. 1 marksman due to those damn elite crossbowmen and 2 recruits that decided they had to disobey the station order and charge into a group of bowmen alone.
Starting out a new save, just cleaning up the side of a mountain, don't see that there's a small hill over what I'm mining, mine straight through it, hill squishes my mining dwarves :v:
[QUOTE=Crimor;34906685]Starting out a new save, just cleaning up the side of a mountain, don't see that there's a small hill over what I'm mining, mine straight through it, hill squishes my mining dwarves :v:[/QUOTE] I've been there. I lost like 5 of my 7 dwarves in the cave-in, and for a little while I thought new cave-in physics had been introduced. This was my first time playing DF2010. I thought I would have to start building supports periodically when carving out the fort.
[QUOTE=Mind Infection;34905410]Thats really terrifying to look at.[/QUOTE] why?
How do I irrigate shit with buckets? there's like no underground soil here for some reason I tried adding pit/pond on the farm room and marking a nearby pond as a water source, anything I'm missing?
[QUOTE=Crimor;34907037]How do I irrigate shit with buckets? there's like no underground soil here for some reason I tried adding pit/pond on the farm room and marking a nearby pond as a water source, anything I'm missing?[/QUOTE] Pits and ponds need a channel to work, channel out holes of 2x2 tiles above the room you want to flood and designate those as ponds (Note that you have to change it to a Pond first, it starts out as a pit by default)
Most of my fucking dorf deaths have been due to me being retarded with cave ins, so fun.
2 Legendary Armorsmiths, 1 High Master Armorsmith, 1 Legendary Swordsmith. Artifact Iron Shortsword, Artifact Gold Shield. And then my fortress crashes, and I lose one of the Armorsmiths, and the shield. Fuck.
Had a dream last night that Toady delayed the next bugfix release to July. Played too much DF lately.
What would be the best/easiest design for an entrance trap that knocks shit into a pit and kills it in the pit for easy pick up of loot? [editline]28th February 2012[/editline] a trap that allows for blood to be siphoned off into another tank is a bonus :v:
[QUOTE=Orkel;34908905]Had a dream last night that Toady delayed the next bugfix release to July. Played too much DF lately.[/QUOTE] I had a dream that I wrote code for a multi-threading subsystem that got accepted by Toady. I had the fine details laid out as well, with 64x64 chunks of the simulation dynamically distributed on a thread pool and all. Until a philosopher dwarf discovered the secrets of dwarven quantum mechanics and replicated himself by standing between two chunks that is.. I need a break from programming and/or DF.
Latest fort was assaulted by a were-capybara... he turned back into a human and I proceeded to beat the shit out of him.
[QUOTE=Kybalt;34907016]why?[/QUOTE] There is no division or organization, and it would collapse if the game still had realistic cave-in's.
Is dwarf therapist compatible with the new version? [editline]28th February 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=voodooattack;34909803]I had a dream that I wrote code for a multi-threading subsystem that got accepted by Toady. I had the fine details laid out as well, with 64x64 chunks of the simulation dynamically distributed on a thread pool and all. Until a philosopher dwarf discovered the secrets of dwarven quantum mechanics and replicated himself by standing between two chunks that is.. I need a break from programming and/or DF.[/QUOTE] Or you need to mod that in, quantum mechanics and all.
[QUOTE=Funion;34897365]archers are going to have some fun target practice with them[/QUOTE] Hey, guess who was right! [B]OH GOD THE BLOOD IT WON'T WASH OUT[/B][IMG]http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-gonk.gif[/IMG]
Is flux stone good or bad when trying to get an embark point with a couple of layers of soil? Like all the flux ones I've tried didn't have soil even though it said "some soil", am I just unlucky or?
Most flux is sedimentary, so it shouldn't be too bad, you should have some soil. I believe that marble is igneous intrusive, though, so that's only going to be deeper down, most of the time.
You know what I hate about dabbling butchers? [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/9pxhqx.png[/IMG]
To be fair, the huge amount of meat most things drops leads to instant *pink level* clutter (most cluttered). Best you can hope for is to have a large amount of haulers to dump it quickly.
[url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103007.0]34.03 is released[/url] [code] Major bug fixes (*) Fixed crash with historical figure cull vs. wandering groups (*) Stopped historical figures from starving (*) Stopped various corruption crashes and weird effects, mainly from aborted world gens (nice catch, Lightning4!) (*) Stopped original population associated to historical figure from screwing up its allegiances (*) Stopped it from moving criminal leaders with routine civilian moves, changing their allegiances (*) Stopped populations from villages/trade partners from migrating into dungeon outcast groups all at once (one group had 15000!) (*) Stopped werebeasts from gumming up world gen (*) Stopped raised corpses from having various allegiances (*) Vampires that take over sites lose other allegiances (*) Made soldiers from previous forts clean up military info upon arrival at current fort (*) Stopped ghosts and royal family members and undisguised vampires (aside from the king/king's group vamps) from immigrating to fort (*) Fixed a new bug that completely stopped archery training (*) SDL version: TrueType crash from long strings (Baughn) Other bug fixes/tweaks (*) Changed which entity moves to which sites, mainly so elf pops don't live in fortresses and vice versa without acclimating to a city first (*) Set labor list for migrants by default (can turn off in data/d_init.txt) (*) Added a tab for other stones in stone list and made stones with a reaction product class list as economic in stone list (*) Sped up adv mode loading/offloading somewhat, and cleaning should be a bit faster -- there are still really slow patches that need work (*) Controlled snatcher number in world gen (*) Decreased questing rate in world gen (*) Stopped reraised corpses from bleeding to death (*) Stopped forbid/melt/traffic/etc. mouse from messing with keyboard (*) Gave more indication for forbidden workshops (*) Made forbid/etc. from stocks screen not effect building items when applied to an entire group (*) Changed ramp names to indicate unusability due to missing walls or lack of space above (*) Sterilized zombies and mummies (only husk-type zombies need the STERILE tag) (*) Cleaned up some botched zombie names (old saves will need to let their zombies fall once and they should be better on reraise) (*) Made vampires fleeing to site in world gen require pop to fit into (*) Made vampire cults follow tyrant vampires properly (*) Vampire nicknames, profession, position names work (*) Vampires won't try to pin crimes on animals (*) Can 'g'et items from cabinets and other building furniture in adv mode now (*) Kea will not follow each other so closely when stealing (*) Fixed busted horseshoe crabs/men (*) Improved the age name calculator, especially as it regards the dominant race after megabeasts are cleared (*) Changed treasure room quality and item selection (*) Stopped designation at the bottom of the map from unhiding portions of it sometimes (*) Unobscured unit list option from main menu (*) Stopped world gen group from lingering in memory after bandits become criminals under town (*) Goblins can have higher pops in their important towns (*) Applied att change syndrome size modifiers properly (stops weird speed issues with adv blood drinking) (*) A few other minor tweaks listed in file_changes.txt (*) SDL version: Highlighting on unit screen fixed for TrueType (Baughn) (*) SDL version: Turning on playback while recording will no longer record the previously recorded keys (Baughn) (*) SDL version: TrueType text will now overwrite properly in some adventure mode circumstances (Baughn) (*) SDL version: Fixed some minor memory leaks (Baughn) (*) SDL version: Minor stability improvements (Baughn) (*) SDL version: Fixed some of the spacing issues with TrueType[/code]
I just started using The Rapist, and I immediately created a new custom profession--bracero. They do nothing but haul, cut wood, and occasionally do odd jobs like carpentry or masonry. I then found every useless dorf and made him into a bracero. "Welcome to Rinsedgates, migrant. Oh? You're a cheese maker? That's great. Now grab a shovel, that refuse isn't going to haul itself." I was able to take all my useful dorfs off of hauling entirely, made my fort so much more efficient without "Urist McBrewer cancels 'make life-saving alcohol'--hauling stone."
Alright, i'm going to try playing this game. Again, if I dont report back it means I jumped out of the window from frustration. [editline]28th February 2012[/editline] Also, they decide to release a new version right after I download the current one. Thanks.
What's so special about embarking on an island? I'm assuming no trade caravans and sieges but what about migrants?
Actually, every island ive embarked on still had trade and seiges. Dunno how though.
[QUOTE=S31-Syntax;34912051]Actually, every island ive embarked on still had trade and seiges. Dunno how though.[/QUOTE] Dwarven physics.
Balance fix for version 34.03: [url]http://horobox.co.uk/u/Orkel_1330533619.rar[/url] Gen new world after installing.
Anyone running a world on the new version that they'd like to share? I have a shitty laptop and can't go over medium world/medium history.
[QUOTE=S31-Syntax;34912051]Actually, every island ive embarked on still had trade and seiges. Dunno how though.[/QUOTE] [img]http://i.imgur.com/6s4i0.png[/img]
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.