• Mass Effect Megathread: I'm Commander Shepard, and I never leave the Normandy without my N7 jacket.
    10,001 replies, posted
[QUOTE=JeanLuc761;36546809]Well, for the ending to be completely fixed they'd essentially have to scrap it and start from scratch, which is unrealistic. For what they had to work with, I think they did a good job of patching things up and providing closure. I've got a few gripes here and there (I still don't like the StarChild and probably never will), but they're satisfying enough for me to feel like I accomplished something now.[/QUOTE] It's the stargazer that I have a problem with. Who the hell is he and what is his purpose? Assuming you got a game over ending and the galaxy got royally fucked. How does this guy know about Shepard? I don't think Liara left all of his/her mission details in the black box. And assuming you won, well okay he's telling this kid how everyone almost died once. As well as many sex stories. But why? It makes me think that in reality nothing actually happened and that everything we saw was actually a story being told by some old fart who couldn't figure out when he was making plot holes in his own story. Not like he gives a shit, he's talking to a kid that's probably paying attention to half of the story anyways. So one on hand, he's real and he somehow knows what happened in a previous cycle. On the other hand...THE FUCK!?
Eargasm. [video=youtube;t5TSHurTFEg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5TSHurTFEg&feature=player_embedded[/video]
I'm pretty sure nuclear weapons were used on Japan in WW2 because the wanted a quick and effective way of making them insta-surrender. America didn't really want any more of their troops on the line. The real death count of WW2 was on the eastern front.
The death count was only there because of how the Red Army operated pretty much imperial guard
I want a game based on the First Contact War, god dammit
I doubt you could pull more than a linear shooter from it
I wanna see expansion pack sized DLC that doesn't have you play Sheperd but say; A Turian soldier on Palaven or an Asari commando on Thessia, and then at the end showing a more detailed 'ending' of what happens to thessia.palaven after Shep does they're thing on the citadel. That would be kinda cool.
[QUOTE=noneshallpass;36546783]to me the new endings were kind of like putting bandages on a wound that's already infected, they didn't focus on the main problems.[/QUOTE] The infected appendage needed to be amputated.
[QUOTE=chunkymonkey;36547133]The infected appendage needed to be amputated.[/QUOTE] Oh, I see what you did there.
[QUOTE=Greeneyes;36546999]I'm pretty sure nuclear weapons were used on Japan in WW2 because the wanted a quick and effective way of making them insta-surrender. America didn't really want any more of their troops on the line. The real death count of WW2 was on the eastern front.[/QUOTE] It was actually really just a display of might. Before Germany fell the US had plans to nuke them too, but after their surrender the US turned all of their bombing plans on Japan - they didn't really care who they had to nuke, they just wanted to unleash their super weapon on one of the enemy and basically just go, "look what we can do, don't mess with us."
One question. Is that supposed to be a collar of some sorts on Mordin's armor?
[QUOTE=sltungle;36547247]It was actually really just a display of might. Before Germany fell the US had plans to nuke them too, but after their surrender the US turned all of their bombing plans on Japan - they didn't really care who they had to nuke, they just wanted to unleash their super weapon on one of the enemy and basically just go, "look what we can do, don't mess with us."[/QUOTE] Why the theory of 'US just wants to dickwave with nukes'? Is it too hard to believe that the US just didn't want to throw thousands of troops to their deaths in an invasion of Japan, and explored alternative options?
[QUOTE=tyanet;36547282]Why the theory of 'US just wants to dickwave with nukes'? Is it too hard to believe that the US just didn't want to throw thousands of troops to their deaths in an invasion of Japan, and explored alternative options?[/QUOTE] No, that literally was the reason. It's not a theory. Germany was their primary target before Hitler committed suicide and Germany surrendered. The second Germany was out of the picture, the US turned their sights on Japan. It was a show of power, it was basically a way to let the world know that the US was fucking powerful and that it would be unwise to keep fighting them (or start a new fight with them). It also doubled up as a handy way to basically solidify the end of the war because if Japan refused to stand down Truman promised to basically turn their entire country into radioactive rubble (they had at least 3 more bombs planned from memory, and more to follow if Japan still refused to surrender - thankfully it only took the two).
[QUOTE=sltungle;36547416]No, that literally was the reason. It's not a theory. Germany was their primary target before Hitler committed suicide and Germany surrendered. The second Germany was out of the picture, the US turned their sights on Japan. It was a show of power, it was basically a way to let the world know that the US was fucking powerful and that it would be unwise to keep fighting them (or start a new fight with them). It also doubled up as a handy way to basically solidify the end of the war because if Japan refused to stand down Truman promised to basically turn their entire country into radioactive rubble (they had at least 3 more bombs planned from memory, and more to follow if Japan still refused to surrender - thankfully it only took the two).[/QUOTE] Or maybe it was because Japan was keeping WWII going and the quickest and surest way to get Japan to let up was to pull out the atomic macguffin.
oh wow seeing a ending where Wreav is killing that baby krogan...I'm imagining God shep to send all reapers forces to blast wreav's ass...hell there should of been a option to kill wreav
[QUOTE=Sir Drone;36547653]oh wow [b]seeing a ending where Wreav is killing that baby krogan[/b]...I'm imagining God shep to send all reapers forces to blast wreav's ass...hell there should of been a option to kill wreav[/QUOTE] Holy hell did I miss something!?!
Fucking love the new endings, I know you guys still argue over them because you hate everything (facepunch's curse I suppose) but I fucking loved them, and the entire game, at every point, I couldn't put the game down unless I had to sleep or eat...and this was my 2nd playthrough. Love Mass Effect 3, love the entire series, love the new endings, love it all. [editline]29th June 2012[/editline] [sp]Why is Shepard still alive at the end of the destroy ending if this isn't indoctrination, how does that even make sense...? How could he survive?[/sp]
[QUOTE=mac338;36545596]Some great scenes in the Mass Effect series, I can't really say which is best or worst: That scene. Talking to Vigil. Sovereign going into the Citadel. Sword fleet arriving through the Charon relay. Escaping the collector base. Curing the genophage. Pitting a thresher maw against a reaper. Seeing Liara become the Shadow Broker. Arriving at the collector base. Battle of the Citadel. Seeing Saren and the Illusive Man commit suicide. Talking to Anderson at the end (if only they had used the extended recording) Punching a pyjak. Moments like those are why the Mass Effect franchise are one of my all time favorites.[/QUOTE] I personally loved Feros. Like, almost all of it. Dat atmosphere [editline]29th June 2012[/editline] Also the music all my nostalgia hnnnnng
[QUOTE=Greeneyes;36547815]Holy hell did I miss something!?![/QUOTE] you'd have to murder wrex to see this
[QUOTE=Clementine;36547820] [sp]Why is Shepard still alive at the end of the destroy ending if this isn't indoctrination, how does that even make sense...? How could he survive?[/sp][/QUOTE] The cinematic have been edited so that the citadel doesn't [sp]completely explode, it's still largely intact[/sp] and [sp]he's godamn commander sheperd he isn't goning to die because something exploded in his face[/sp]
[QUOTE=sltungle;36547416]No, that literally was the reason. It's not a theory. Germany was their primary target before Hitler committed suicide and Germany surrendered. The second Germany was out of the picture, the US turned their sights on Japan. It was a show of power, it was basically a way to let the world know that the US was fucking powerful and that it would be unwise to keep fighting them (or start a new fight with them). It also doubled up as a handy way to basically solidify the end of the war because if Japan refused to stand down Truman promised to basically turn their entire country into radioactive rubble (they had at least 3 more bombs planned from memory, and more to follow if Japan still refused to surrender - thankfully it only took the two).[/QUOTE] Uh yeah that possibility is just as likely as the possibility they wanted to minimize casualties and the cost of war. Either way, they both likely had influence in the decision. [editline]29th June 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Greeneyes;36547871]The cinematic have been edited so that the citadel doesn't [sp]completely explode, it's still largely intact[/sp] and [sp]he's godamn commander sheperd he isn't goning to die because something exploded in his face[/sp][/QUOTE] [sp]hmm, alright, then...what are they going to do with him surviving? I suppose that's the big mystery though. Though I do wonder, if he's alive, then does everyone know? Like, the Normandy doesn't know because they've been stranded, but do the people who repaired the citadel and are connected to the galaxy at large know? I mean, it seems to have been years since the events of ME3 in the end slideshow so...they must have found his body...but then why didn't Hackett mention him? Man what the fuck is going on.[/sp]
[QUOTE=Clementine;36547877] [sp]hmm, alright, then...what are they going to do with him surviving?[/sp][/QUOTE] I guessing your imagination is supposed to handle that part.
[QUOTE=Greeneyes;36547898]I guessing your imagination is supposed to handle that part.[/QUOTE] I really don't like that though, its all fine and dandy I can imagine Shepard in the best situation ever, but I really don't take it seriously unless its an official and canonical end to the series...or PERHAPS A NEW BEGINNING
[QUOTE=Clementine;36547970]I really don't like that though, its all fine and dandy I can imagine Shepard in the best situation ever, but I really don't take it seriously unless its an official and canonical end to the series...or PERHAPS A NEW BEGINNING[/QUOTE] There has to be a point where they stop telling you what happens though. I would have loved to see being at the bar with Garrus or blue children, Tali's home etc etc. Its a multi choice ending so they are all canonical. There is unlikely to be anything after mass effect 3, game and story wise, as the endings are so grossly different, especially mixed in with everyone's choices. [editline]29th June 2012[/editline] So they did over do the 'imagine for yourself' the first time but the EC got it more or so correct.
[QUOTE=Jurikuer;36546792]3 months isn't enough time to remake an entire game. Be glad they treated your infected wound at all. But when it festers and falls off, well I hope it wasn't something you needed.[/QUOTE] [i]Bioware logic.[/i]
[QUOTE=Jurikuer;36546839]It's the stargazer that I have a problem with. Who the hell is he and what is his purpose? Assuming you got a game over ending and the galaxy got royally fucked. How does this guy know about Shepard? I don't think Liara left all of his/her mission details in the black box. And assuming you won, well okay he's telling this kid how everyone almost died once. As well as many sex stories. But why? It makes me think that in reality nothing actually happened and that everything we saw was actually a story being told by some old fart who couldn't figure out when he was making plot holes in his own story. Not like he gives a shit, he's talking to a kid that's probably paying attention to half of the story anyways. So one on hand, he's real and he somehow knows what happened in a previous cycle. On the other hand...THE FUCK!?[/QUOTE] Its not like they implied the entire game was told from the perspective of some old dude, they were just trying to show you some sort of reflection on what happened, and what your work has brought.
[QUOTE=Clementine;36548396]Its not like they implied the entire game was told from the perspective of some old dude, they were just trying to show you some sort of reflection on what happened, and what your work has brought.[/QUOTE] Which is probably one of the oldest copouts in the book.
[QUOTE=Lankist;36548403]Which is probably one of the oldest copouts in the book.[/QUOTE] The problem with it before was the fact that it was alone, that there was no god damn closure, but with the new endings...there should be no problem, its just a reflection on what you've done, nothing more, nothing less. That, and its on top of the already generous amount of closure they've given.
Also it sort of bothers me how every single character in the entire universe, throughout the entire series, is willing to kiss Shepard's ass at any given moment, but the instant he asks someone for help it's all "WOAH WOAH WOAH, let's not get hasty, GOTTA' GO, MONROE." Should have been more people who just didn't like Shepard.
[QUOTE=Lankist;36548417]Also it sort of bothers me how every single character in the entire universe, throughout the entire series, is willing to kiss Shepard's ass at any given moment, but the instant he asks someone for help it's all "WOAH WOAH WOAH, let's not get hasty, GOTTA' GO, MONROE." Should have been more people who just didn't like Shepard.[/QUOTE] Everyone you fight are "people who don't like Shepard", so...
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.