• 2b2t: Revival.
    5,049 replies, posted
[URL="http://i.imgur.com/moqzd.jpg"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/moqzdl.jpg[/IMG][/URL] Standing on Y:64, looking all the way down to Y:6 1/4th of the way there for the outer ring.
By the way, whoever sent me the coords to that base, the dude that followed me from spawn seemed to have stripped the place. Sorry :/
[QUOTE=Abrown516;36737325]By the way, whoever sent me the coords to that base, the dude that followed me from spawn seemed to have stripped the place. Sorry :/[/QUOTE] It's fine. We'll rebuild. We can't be that close to spawn without being griefed occasionally. He broke our windows and put in a bunch of wooden planks and sand. So what? We'll make more glass and use the wood for supplies. No biggie.
[QUOTE=Flamereaper66;36733348]Well then, on your own head be it.[/QUOTE] What he said is true when going from my base to yours I AFK for most of it. Plus on normal distance view you can hardly see anything. At most I say don't put chests or any containers in the nether. Also a huge block of netherrack wouldn't look normal on X-ray either. Also the greifer din't find "divercity" by chance Omal was pretty much giving away the cords to whoever he felt like since he was getting bored likely by not working on any of the good, useful projects. he told us both on skype he gave the cords to popbob. as well as like 2 other people. [editline]12th July 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=KnightVista;36733317]The chances of anyone finding us through the nether is very slim. Most people AFK through the roof so the likelihood of a live player finding it is not very high. If anything we can get as many blaze rods as we want, and get as much XP as we want; even remove it all whenever we feel that it's no longer needed. My only worries are that the aesthetics of the island become unnatural. I really want to get rid of all the cobblestone around the island, and fill any missing holes. I'm going to move the bookcase and the melons because their placement doesn't fit. Fire2box, try to keep in touch with me before you do any major changes. I love all the help <3[/QUOTE] I didn'tt place anything other then the new portal which was a accident of where it is lol. Then I put coubble stone to mark the skelton farm. All i've really done was expand the far out cane farm and start work on the blaze farm.
[QUOTE=Abrown516;36732117]I met someone at spawn who gave me a few melons and then let me on my way. Then he said he loved stalking noobs, and I f5'd to see him following me. I promptly disconnect and wait it out. Two hours later and I log in only to be hit from the back and I immediately disconnect. Such is life in 2b2t.[/QUOTE] I used to give newfags a stack of pork, 5-10 diamond blocks, and wood. then as they were so graciously thanking me, I killed them.
[QUOTE=omaliymix;36741110]I used to give newfags a stack of pork, 5-10 diamond blocks, and wood. then as they were so graciously thanking me, I killed them.[/QUOTE] So you quit the server but keep viewing the forum? k Edit: it's 11Pm in sweden, I woke up 8 am, yesterday, so about 40 hours without sleep, sorry for any random bullshit i post.
[QUOTE=Flamereaper66;36742302]So you quit the server but keep viewing the forum? k[/QUOTE] "I used to give hobos money, but I don't now." By that logic, that means I'm now dead.
[QUOTE=DudeGuyKT;36738549]It's fine. We'll rebuild. We can't be that close to spawn without being griefed occasionally. He broke our windows and put in a bunch of wooden planks and sand. So what? We'll make more glass and use the wood for supplies. No biggie.[/QUOTE] You did a good job rebuilding. I left some stuff there, but then someone else that was there took me into the 10k's. Thanks so much man.
[QUOTE=Abrown516;36745413]You did a good job rebuilding. I left some stuff there, but then someone else that was there took me into the 10k's. Thanks so much man.[/QUOTE] That's what we're here for!
[QUOTE=DudeGuyKT;36745564]That's what we're here for![/QUOTE] [QUOTE=omaliymix;36741110]I used to give newfags a stack of pork, 5-10 diamond blocks, and wood. then as they were so graciously thanking me, I killed them.[/QUOTE]
Well, that's what the Sanctuary is there for. A lot of the people that hang around spawn and kill the new players don't realize that by doing that, they're contributing to the death of the server. If someone logs in, gets killed, respawns, starves, respawns and gets killed again, they're not going to want to keep playing long enough to explore the ruins or try to survive in the grief-infested wasteland, because they can't survive the spawn long enough to look around and set up a base. That really discourages them from playing the game, and with the frequent players being at such a low count now, that's really [I]not[/I] a good thing. So we're trying to at least give new players or players who were griefed and killed a chance to experience the server by offering food, shelter, and some basic supplies. If they go out and get griefed, then that's their problem, but getting griefed just for logging in to the server isn't a good way to draw in a fanbase.
You act like it's never been that way. People always murdered everyone at the spawn.
[QUOTE=minilandstan;36746392]You act like it's never been that way. People always murdered everyone at the spawn.[/QUOTE] I know. And I've had three different friends that have tried to play but stopped because they couldn't get out of spawn after an hour because people kept killing them repeatedly.
smokeyjonez and i are on our way back to spawn again
If spawn wasn't so odd to get out of, and diamond guys weren't killing new guys. We could see growth in the server. We need to advertise the server EVERYWHERE possible, even place we don't like.
[QUOTE=KnightVista;36747643]If spawn wasn't so odd to get out of, and diamond guys weren't killing new guys. We could see growth in the server. We need to advertise the server EVERYWHERE possible, even place we don't like.[/QUOTE] Well then, I'm off to to reddit, wish me luck.
[QUOTE=Flamereaper66;36748870]Well then, I'm off to to reddit, wish me luck.[/QUOTE] I already hit up /b/ and /v/. Seems that we got a little more traffic then usual tonight.
It seems an enderman managed his way into an area which I am going to make a farm. I hope I don't come back to my base being entirely griefed by him...
[QUOTE=DudeGuyKT;36745701]Well, that's what the Sanctuary is there for. A lot of the people that hang around spawn and kill the new players don't realize that by doing that, they're contributing to the death of the server. If someone logs in, gets killed, respawns, starves, respawns and gets killed again, they're not going to want to keep playing long enough to explore the ruins or try to survive in the grief-infested wasteland, because they can't survive the spawn long enough to look around and set up a base. That really discourages them from playing the game, and with the frequent players being at such a low count now, that's really [I]not[/I] a good thing. So we're trying to at least give new players or players who were griefed and killed a chance to experience the server by offering food, shelter, and some basic supplies. If they go out and get griefed, then that's their problem, but getting griefed just for logging in to the server isn't a good way to draw in a fanbase.[/QUOTE] And Miyuzaki doing things like that at spawn, trapping new players and what not, just stops new people from joining the server.
So what if people are hanging around spawn killing people,it's always been like that,and spawn is constantly being changed,Stop moaning.There's a difference between getting people to join the server and changing fundamental parts of it.
[QUOTE=Kaameron;36752448]So what if people are hanging around spawn killing people,it's always been like that,and spawn is constantly being changed,Stop moaning.There's a difference between getting people to join the server and changing fundamental parts of it.[/QUOTE] As I said, that's not how you get new players. There's about twenty people on at all times. When I first played, there were sixty. The server is losing players, and discouraging new players from playing isn't good for the server.
[QUOTE=DudeGuyKT;36754020]As I said, that's not how you get new players. There's about twenty people on at all times. When I first played, there were sixty. The server is losing players, and discouraging new players from playing isn't good for the server.[/QUOTE] The server's population has always been fluctuating.There will probably be an influx in players when 1.3 is out.
[QUOTE=Kaameron;36752448]So what if people are hanging around spawn killing people,it's always been like that,and spawn is constantly being changed,Stop moaning.There's a difference between getting people to join the server and changing fundamental parts of it.[/QUOTE] no. the spawn deteroriates on a daily basis. it's not just a kind of difficult place to navigate anymore, it has become impossible to escape
[QUOTE=Moupi;36754493]no. the spawn deteroriates on a daily basis. it's not just a kind of difficult place to navigate anymore, it has become impossible to escape[/QUOTE] It is easy to escape, and it has been worse than that before,and most people believe that spawn should be a test,and if you can't escape you don't deserve to play on the server.
[QUOTE=Kaameron;36754681]It is easy to escape, and it has been worse than that before,and most people believe that spawn should be a test,and if you can't escape you don't deserve to play on the server.[/QUOTE] Once again, treating new players like this isn't a good way to get them to keep playing.
[QUOTE=DudeGuyKT;36754823]Once again, treating new players like this isn't a good way to get them to keep playing.[/QUOTE] I don't think you understand.This is 2b2t.
[QUOTE=Kaameron;36754966]I don't think you understand.This is 2b2t.[/QUOTE] I don't think [i]you[/i] understand. There won't be a 2b2t if the number of players that play keeps declining.
[QUOTE=DudeGuyKT;36755093]I don't think [i]you[/i] understand. There won't be a 2b2t if the number of players that play keeps declining.[/QUOTE] What I'm trying to say is people should stop complaining about spawn etc, it may be a factor of the player count but you have to take into consideration other things,e.g. school,timezones and updates.
[QUOTE=Kaameron;36755177]What I'm trying to say is people have to stop complaining about spawn etc, it may be a factor of the player count but you have to take into consideration other things,e.g. school,timezones and updates.[/QUOTE] I understand that, and the playercount at basically all times is 10-30. I'm just trying to say that people wandering around spawn and just killing new players for no reason is discouraging these players from sticking to it. There was one player the other day that logged in, and was repeatedly killed because he was using the default skin, and as far as I know, he hasn't been back on. I've been playing on this server off and on for a year. I understand that some things are just part of 2b2t, as I've been griefed countless times and have seen what all happens. But I'm not blinded by "Well, that's just 2b2t" to see that there are some things players are doing that are forcing new players away.
The donation counter on 2b2t.net isn't updating. I donated $30 two days ago and it still says $15.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.