• Profan's Humble Abode FP V5! [GMOD, MC]
    5,106 replies, posted
Also guys, if you find yourself clueless on how to use all the things in tekkit, just ask! All of us are more than willing to help.
I am probably the biggest retard on the server :v: I've died over 40 times to cavespiders in the past 2 days.
By the way, we're waiting for Bukkit 1.3.1.
[QUOTE=Alan Ninja!;37034840]So I've spent the past few days on Ssp trying to figure out technic and I'm still nowhere. Should I just hop on the server and do slave labor for someone?[/QUOTE] Hop on and just start building like normal with everyone youll pick up the new tekkit stuff slowly and soon be pro :smile:. most of us are still learning anyway so you should play and I can help you with alot of thetekkit stuff but some of the advanced stuff you can talk to others who have used tekkit before [editline]1st August 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Terminutter;37036360]I am probably the biggest retard on the server :v: I've died over 40 times to cavespiders in the past 2 days.[/QUOTE] No I definately got you beat i die due to fall damage about 30 times a day :suicide:
[QUOTE=venturebros;37036527]No I definately got you beat i die due to fall damage about 30 times a day :suicide:[/QUOTE] Featherfall boooooooots man, they're the greatest. I've got myself a pair, I can jump down ravines and only lose a few falls. If you're working up high, you should work on getting a pair.
Complete noob to tekkit. Just started a rubber farm, im going for solar the nuclear power. Any one can join me at my outpost.
[QUOTE=venturebros;37036527]Hop on and just start building like normal with everyone youll pick up the new tekkit stuff slowly and soon be pro :smile:. most of us are still learning anyway so you should play and I can help you with alot of thetekkit stuff but some of the advanced stuff you can talk to others who have used tekkit before [editline]1st August 2012[/editline] No I definately got you beat i die due to fall damage about 30 times a day :suicide:[/QUOTE] Make quantum boots, I don't even think you take any fall damage at all then :v:
[QUOTE=BigOwl;37036092]1.3.1 is out. Does the server need to update?[/QUOTE] Everything needs updating, lol. Tekkit/Bukkit/Plugins/Server software It'll take forever. What I don't understand is, since bukkit joined with Mojang, doesn't that mean they should have access to the code before the update is released? Bukkit will need to update, that will probably take a few weeks, and then you'll need to wait for plugins to update, and that will take maybe a week or so, depending on how diligent the author is. Seems like crap to me, what was the whole point of merging with Mojang if the development process hasn't changed? [editline]1st August 2012[/editline] But I'm sure Profan will keep it at the older version until stuff gets fixed.
[QUOTE=Dankie;37039404]Everything needs updating, lol. Tekkit/Bukkit/Plugins/Server software It'll take forever. What I don't understand is, since bukkit joined with Mojang, doesn't that mean they should have access to the code before the update is released? Bukkit will need to update, that will probably take a few weeks, and then you'll need to wait for plugins to update, and that will take maybe a week or so, depending on how diligent the author is. Seems like crap to me, what was the whole point of merging with Mojang if the development process hasn't changed? [editline]1st August 2012[/editline] But I'm sure Profan will keep it at the older version until stuff gets fixed.[/QUOTE] They've been working on it for a week or so now already mojang have always released it to the bukkit team earlier :s and no, not all of the bukkit team work at mojang
Also dinnerb [editline]1st August 2012[/editline] Also dinnerbone has been working on Minecraft since he began at Mojang.
so ho [editline]2nd August 2012[/editline] so how many people have nuclear power going?
Me and 2FAST do.
The Scramhutt facility has one up and going. We have a breeder soon too.
I think Finv has one as well.
And very soon, I too will have a reactor :v:
Welp, I've got mixed news for those of you who buy BrimCo enchantments. I've been doing some testing and research with the new enchanting, and here are the results. Medium and High-Quality enchantment prices are going to go down significantly. Where as right now an Efficiency IV Fortune III pick goes for around 2,250Pr, now it'll go for around 750-1,000Pr. Same goes for Unbreaking/Efficiency, etc, although silk touches will still be fairly expensive. The [I]bad[/I] news is that Tri-enchantment "super picks" seem to be really rare, if not impossible to enchant now. Meaning that the prices on those are going up significantly, because once they're gone, they're gone forever.
Profan, you should seriously make two threads to split tekkit and regular, it's confusing as hell sometimes
[QUOTE=dije;37051789]Profan, you should seriously make two threads to split tekkit and regular, it's confusing as hell sometimes[/QUOTE] Regular would be dead :v:
[QUOTE=Profanwolf;37052201]Regular would be dead :v:[/QUOTE] Except for Sven, who would keep posting in a void of nothingness, suspended as a mote in a sunbeam.
And it would be a damn nice sunbeam too.
Got to say a massive thanks to 2FAST and Leet_Rider for their donations today. 2FAST donated like 12 solar panels and glass cables and Leet donated an MFSU, Nuclear Reactor and Reactor Chambers! Thanks guys!
[QUOTE=Brockyyy;37054562]Got to say a massive thanks to 2FAST and Leet_Rider for their donations today. 2FAST donated like 12 solar panels and glass cables and Leet donated an MFSU, Nuclear Reactor and Reactor Chambers! Thanks guys![/QUOTE] You best share some of that sweet-ass solar power.
Server back to normal, was just testing what happened if my reactor would explode :v:
[QUOTE=Profanwolf;37058859]Server back to normal, was just testing what happened if my reactor would explode :v:[/QUOTE] Got my hopes up, thought the new stable bukkit build was out :v:
I Saw Brim's post about the feather fall boots, what about renting items from Brimco? Like raising the prices based on the amount of use the item received, and a higher price, for a more expensive item. It could sorta work now that Brim is a mod. He has a greater jurisdiction over players, and not getting items back will be less of an issue. I'm just doing some thinking while at this endless dinner. Being under 21 in Vegas isn't so great :v:
[QUOTE=Profanwolf;37038757]Make quantum boots, I don't even think you take any fall damage at all then :v:[/QUOTE] Got some from leet and Sintir feel like a badass :dance:
[B]Banned [highlight]Jorc[/highlight] for[/B] [B][highlight]1 hour.[/highlight][/B] He killed an iron golemn, then denied it, then accused his friend of hacks (who I checked to find he hasn't used any diamonds, anywhere near his house at least, having only used smelted amounts of gold and iron), backtracked, and denied it even after I found evidence of the iron golemn being built by his friend about an hour beforehand. [editline]3rd August 2012[/editline] Also, it should be noted that he was warned. I did this by the book :v:
I would just like to say that [B]geogzm's[/B] avatar is so sick and more screenshot's of Venture industries coming soon because the entire first reactor building is done and now on to the labs......... great job everyone. Thanks 2Fast for the solar panels you donated they were much appreciated :v:. Ok now I want feedback for the slogans for venture industries we have three options and we want you guys to vote on which is best...... Option 1: Venture Industries: building a better tomorrow today. Option 2: Venture Industries:: We do the science so you don't have to. Option 3: Venture Industries: Science and Shit (Yes this was discussed.... no i dont want it) So please Vote we just like imput from others :dance:
[QUOTE=venturebros;37062065]I would just like to say that [B]geogzm's[/B] avatar is so sick and more screenshot's of Venture industries coming soon because the entire first reactor building is done and now on to the labs......... great job everyone. Thanks 2Fast for the solar panels you donated they were much appreciated :v:. Ok now I want feedback for the slogans for venture industries we have three options and we want you guys to vote on which is best...... Option 1: Venture Industries: building a better tomorrow today. Option 2: Venture Industries:: We do the science so you don't have to. Option 3: Venture Industries: Science and Shit (Yes this was discussed.... no i dont want it) So please Vote we just like imput from others :dance:[/QUOTE] I vote Option 4 Venture Industries: We don't do drugs, we are drugs.
Welp, I'm proud to announce that, while it has technically been "open" for about a month now, Torvus is now officially 100% finished (in that it's structure is complete and fully ready to accommodate players). All 4 districts are finished, patched and terraformed, 2 of which have managers already. The capital is running at full capacity, although we'll probably never stop expanding it. Both hotel complexes/pods are up and running, with 16 free rooms (see our [URL="https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17239680/Game%20Photos/Minecraft/BrimCo/Hotel-Policy.png"]policy[/URL]), 2 master suites, 2 enchantment rooms, and 2 public mines. A market place is carved out and ready to be expanded upon when the need arises as well. Torvus is completely connected to the Nether system, subway system (hold gravel to travel to Torvus, unless you're in Cordova because it's borked :v:), has a road to spawn and a 360-degree dock for boats. [IMG]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17239680/Game%20Photos/Minecraft/BrimCo/Torvus/Finished/Torvus.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17239680/Game%20Photos/Minecraft/BrimCo/Torvus/Finished/Carto.jpg[/IMG] I honestly never thought this would get finished, thanks to all those who've helped!
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.