• Pokemon General
    9,567 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Flem;35648976]Tried time and time again to play through a pokemon game, how the heel can I do it without putting it back down! I have each gen of the ds games pick me one and tell me how! I never tried after elite 4 on black, never gone past jhoto on HG. I am a failure at life :([/QUOTE] Pokemon maybe just isn't your type of game.
[QUOTE=Daemon White;35649479]Pokemon maybe just isn't your type of game.[/QUOTE] No it really is, I accumulated 1000's of hours when I was younger.
You just need something new then. [editline]20th April 2012[/editline] Try playing homebrew pokemon games on an emulator.
[QUOTE=Daemon White;35649568]You just need something new then. [editline]20th April 2012[/editline] Try playing homebrew pokemon games on an emulator.[/QUOTE] That stuff doesn't appeal to me it's just not the same, I just need something to stick to or aim towards throughout the game.
There needs to be a pokemon game aimed towards the veteran players. You don't get any special items like exp share until very late into the game, no hand-holding at the beginning, You can't level up easy like in BW when you just fight an audino to level up, there is a more involving storyline. Maybe through in some bits where it gets dark story-wise. Maybe even give options where the story branches out into different end results. Also, the bad guys should be strong. No more zubats and rattata for the grunts, give them stronger pokemon like Tauros and Lapras. Actually make them challenging. Legendary pokemon should also a one time deal. No events, no freebie trading, no cross-trading.
no thanks i like my pokemon the way they are
[QUOTE=Daemon White;35649757]There needs to be a pokemon game aimed towards the veteran players. You don't get any special items like exp share until very late into the game, no hand-holding at the beginning, You can't level up easy like in BW when you just fight an audino to level up, there is a more involving storyline. Maybe through in some bits where it gets dark story-wise. Maybe even give options where the story branches out into different end results. Also, the bad guys should be strong. No more zubats and rattata for the grunts, give them stronger pokemon like Tauros and Lapras. Actually make them challenging. Legendary pokemon should also a one time deal. No events, no freebie trading, no cross-trading.[/QUOTE] I play competitive pokemon and I don't see how this would be more fun or better. Current campaign is awesome. It's nice and cruisy but can still surprise you now and then.
[QUOTE=Empty_Shadow;35649794]I play competitive pokemon and I don't see how this would be more fun or better. Current campaign is awesome. It's nice and cruisy but can still surprise you now and then.[/QUOTE] The game does throw a few curveballs at you. "Electric types are weak to ground!" "You should get a ground type." There is a ground type all over the area just before that gym. ... ... [img]http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/587.gif[/img]
I would love one of the old pokemon games to be remade as an offical for IOS / Droid, im thinking maybe yellow or gold/silver
[QUOTE=Ryuken;35649780]no thanks i like my pokemon the way they are[/QUOTE] Okay. But one game I would really like to see is a pokemon game where you can explore the entire pokemon world. Instead of limiting you to just one region or two.
[QUOTE=Daemon White;35650103]Okay. But one game I would really like to see is a pokemon game where you can explore the entire pokemon world. Instead of limiting you to just one region or two.[/QUOTE] that was just what i was thinking, i want a game with all the current regions [editline]20th April 2012[/editline] I want a Rufflet, why it has to be white exclusive goddamitttt also [img]http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/BW/628.png[/img] I WANT.
[QUOTE=Daemon White;35650103]Okay. But one game I would really like to see is a pokemon game where you can explore the entire pokemon world. Instead of limiting you to just one region or two.[/QUOTE] Pokemon Forever for Wii U?
new target [img]http://i.imgur.com/SenLc.gif[/img] proceed to farm farm farm
[QUOTE=Ryuken;35651095]new target [img]http://i.imgur.com/SenLc.gif[/img] proceed to farm farm farm[/QUOTE] It does suck it is White exclusive, and most trades for it require bullshit ones(reshi/zek/kyurem 9 and under). But there are a few that aren't BS.
[QUOTE=Shibbey;35649886]The game does throw a few curveballs at you. "Electric types are weak to ground!" "You should get a ground type." There is a ground type all over the area just before that gym. ... ... [img]http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/587.gif[/img][/QUOTE] the 3+ trainers you battle right before Elesa using Emolgas should be your indication that she too will use Emolga :downs:
[QUOTE=salty peanut v2;35651702]the 3+ trainers you battle right before Elesa using Emolgas should be your indication that she too will use Emolga :downs:[/QUOTE] Yeah it's annoying as fuck to train up a Sandile, send it out front, first Pokémon from the first trainer? A fucking flying type. :downs:
[QUOTE=Shibbey;35651903]Yeah it's annoying as fuck to train up a Sandile, send it out front, first Pokémon from the first trainer? A fucking flying type. :downs:[/QUOTE] The one I had used a different type attack, it had more than ground. She lost easily.
[QUOTE=Nitro836;35650700]Pokemon Forever for Wii U?[/QUOTE] Fuck the Wii franchise its all about handheld for pokemon.
Just beat Red on Soul Silver with only one pokemon in the level 70 range, the rest were 40, 62, 30, 22 (caught a larvitar on the way up) and 50. My strategy ended up being attack, get killed, heal, get killed, heal, repeat. I think the hail ended up doing most of the work for me. The whole thing was time consuming and weird.
Red doesn't even say anything after you beat him, what a prick.
[QUOTE=scotty1;35652917]Red doesn't even say anything after you beat him, what a prick.[/QUOTE] he disconnects right before your win gets registered, duh
[QUOTE=Ryuken;35652937]he disconnects right before your win gets registered, duh[/QUOTE] They made Red just so we could deal with the entire sore loser thing before WiFi was invented :v:
I'm just battling Red now. The guy loves his Full Restores. [editline]20th April 2012[/editline] Defeated him. [editline]20th April 2012[/editline] I don't know which Kanto starter to pick.
[QUOTE=MrTilepy;35653162]I'm just battling Red now. The guy loves his Full Restores. [editline]20th April 2012[/editline] Defeated him. [editline]20th April 2012[/editline] I don't know which Kanto starter to pick.[/QUOTE] the turtle the green... thing... or the [b]fire lizard dragon thingy[/b]
Everyone and their mother picks Charmander. Go Squirtle!
Bulbasaur's out. I can't decide whether I want Charizard or Blastoise. Charizard has a pretty good Black/White moveset (for when I get my 3DS tomorrow and do some PokeTransfers), but that 4x weakness to rock is discouraging.
fuck you smogon i don't need you and your offensive reviews (I do)
I took on Cilan without a Pansear, and I defeated him the first time. I'm going to be sticking to one party of six for the whole story, and it doesn't include a Simisear.
I went for Charmander and got Mudkip off Steven.
I went for a Bulbasaur and then I got a Mudkip from steven
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.