• Pokemon General
    9,567 replies, posted
[QUOTE=salty peanut v2;35925576][t]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/42/CoroCoro_June_2012_3.jpg[/t] oh crap ALL the gym leaders[/QUOTE] That's quite a lot gen1 characters.
[QUOTE=Ryuken;35926766]lance LANCE NO GO AWAY NOT YOUR FUCKING DRAGONITES AGAIN[/QUOTE] Use your own Dragonites and show that bitch who's the Dragon Master in these here parts.
[QUOTE=Bokito;35926804]That's quite a lot gen1 characters.[/QUOTE] can't wait til the world cup thingy. brock eat your heart out. [QUOTE=Ryuken;35926766]lance LANCE NO GO AWAY NOT YOUR FUCKING DRAGONITES AGAIN[/QUOTE] shutup
[QUOTE=Daedulas;35927763]shutup[/QUOTE] To be fair, I had to stall out the strongest Dragonite with Toxic.
get clyoster and buff him up. seriously dont even complain just use shell bash or something.
[QUOTE=Daedulas;35927901]get clyoster and buff him up. seriously dont even complain just use shell bash or something.[/QUOTE] I've got my own Dragonite that beats the hell out of all 3 of his easy now.
[QUOTE=Ryuken;35926766]lance LANCE NO GO AWAY NOT YOUR FUCKING DRAGONITES AGAIN[/QUOTE] oh weeeeeeeeeeeaaaviiiiiiiillleee~
Giovanni?! Well, guess he didn't commit suicide after all (didn't he jump off a waterfall or something)? i would enjoy kicking his ass again, if i still had a DS.
i'm pretty sure he just quit after losing to Red in RBY?
I'm kind of liking those new Formes now. Except maybe Tornadus. I'm not sure about him yet.
They still look ugly but now they have bikini tops
[QUOTE=Vmonkey;35928611]i'm pretty sure he just quit after losing to Red in RBY?[/QUOTE] [sp]a celebi event in HGSS explains what happened. In short, your rival in HGSS is the son of the old terrorist, and your character beats him again before he tried to go back to his old team, and they thought the waterfall incident was a suicide.[/sp] Who else would be there(in the tournament) besides from the listed ones?
-snip-
confirmed world champion is joey and his rattata
[QUOTE=Ryuken;35930289]confirmed world champion is joey and his rattata[/QUOTE] Well yeah, that thing's in the top 1% of its class!
I can't wait to see all the old gym leaders again. Hopefully we get a bit more dialogue than 3 lines though. I'm interested to see how brock/misty/blue have changed over the years. ALSO FIGHTING RED WOULD BE BAWS TIER
rest talk snorlax is still the best thing ever
[QUOTE=Ryuken;35926766]lance LANCE NO GO AWAY NOT YOUR FUCKING DRAGONITES AGAIN[/QUOTE] [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qe9O90cD80p[/media]
So I started to use that Wifi event Darkrai for fun (not against irl people) and GOD can it be nasty. Dark Void + Nightmare + Bad Dreams ability + Any attack you put ontop of that damage stack thereafter = ow Not a great offensive nor defensive Pokemon but damn it'll annoy someone if they're not prepared.
You think THATS bad, you should try fighting my dusclops. Will-O-Wisp/Toxic Pain Split Curse Nightshade It annihilates ANYTHING that can't break him down (which isn't much) Pain split, curse and willowisp together is just ugly once it gets up, they pretty much HAVE to switch, in which case I can painsplit again and fully heal off any damage.
[QUOTE=SuperDuperScoot;35937292]So I started to use that Wifi event Darkrai for fun (not against irl people) and GOD can it be nasty. Dark Void + Nightmare + Bad Dreams ability + Any attack you put ontop of that damage stack thereafter = ow Not a great offensive nor defensive Pokemon but damn it'll annoy someone if they're not prepared.[/QUOTE] Which is why competitive play has the sleep clause.
[QUOTE=Empty_Shadow;35937552]You think THATS bad, you should try fighting my dusclops. Will-O-Wisp/Toxic Pain Split Curse Nightshade It annihilates ANYTHING that can't break him down (which isn't much) Pain split, curse and willowisp together is just ugly once it gets up, they pretty much HAVE to switch, in which case I can painsplit again and fully heal off any damage.[/QUOTE] Oh fucking god no. I would hate playing against that.
[QUOTE=Callius;35937579]Which is why competitive play has the sleep clause.[/QUOTE] I've been thinking about this a lot recently, and I feel sleep as a whole should just be banned. Any time your pokemon falls asleep it's basically dead for the rest of the match, there's a few circumstances this isn't the case (such as pokemon with immunities being able to switch in on an immune move, then another turn when the opponent switches and then hopefully wake up the next turn) But 90% of the time, when one of your mons falls asleep, he's not coming out again for the rest of the round, or he's death fodder. (dangerous death fodder too, your opponent can set up all he wants if you switch it in) On top of that, sleep doesn't just outright kill you, when you get slept your opponent is GUARANTEED a free turn of ANYTHING HE WANTS. Most of the time he'll get two. E.g. Breloom spores my lead. I switch (lead is basically useless) Breloom uses sub. Breloom now has a huge amount of advantage over me, even with sleep clause he can focus punch and probably KO one of my pokemon (focus punch is terrifying to switch into without a ghost too, btw) and I'm in trouble. Or alternatively, my friends strategy the other day, which was a butterfree with sleep powder and focus sash. Basically there's no win in that situation, if the butterfree is faster than my lead, he gets to sleep either my lead or my switchin, then he gets a turn of setup (he used tailwind), then another turn of setup if his focus sash is still up. This resulted in me having to deal with a tailwinded, sunny day, solar power charizard which would have swept my team if I hadnt outplayed him and set up trick room before killing his butterfree. But it's just ridiculous how much advantage you get from sleeping a pokemon, I'd rather have you 1hko my pokemon than sleep it, at least I get a free turn then.
I just checked out the Pokemon reorchestrated site and found this [url]http://files.pokemonsymphony.com/symph/ChampDerp.mp3[/url] Enjoy! (seriously though, what the hell is this?)
[QUOTE=Empty_Shadow;35938377]I've been thinking about this a lot recently, and I feel sleep as a whole should just be banned. Any time your pokemon falls asleep it's basically dead for the rest of the match, there's a few circumstances this isn't the case (such as pokemon with immunities being able to switch in on an immune move, then another turn when the opponent switches and then hopefully wake up the next turn) But 90% of the time, when one of your mons falls asleep, he's not coming out again for the rest of the round, or he's death fodder. (dangerous death fodder too, your opponent can set up all he wants if you switch it in) On top of that, sleep doesn't just outright kill you, when you get slept your opponent is GUARANTEED a free turn of ANYTHING HE WANTS. Most of the time he'll get two. E.g. Breloom spores my lead. I switch (lead is basically useless) Breloom uses sub. Breloom now has a huge amount of advantage over me, even with sleep clause he can focus punch and probably KO one of my pokemon (focus punch is terrifying to switch into without a ghost too, btw) and I'm in trouble. Or alternatively, my friends strategy the other day, which was a butterfree with sleep powder and focus sash. Basically there's no win in that situation, if the butterfree is faster than my lead, he gets to sleep either my lead or my switchin, then he gets a turn of setup (he used tailwind), then another turn of setup if his focus sash is still up. This resulted in me having to deal with a tailwinded, sunny day, solar power charizard which would have swept my team if I hadnt outplayed him and set up trick room before killing his butterfree. But it's just ridiculous how much advantage you get from sleeping a pokemon, I'd rather have you 1hko my pokemon than sleep it, at least I get a free turn then.[/QUOTE] The amount of time sleep lasts shouldn't be random. Lasting up to 5 turns is just bull.
It's not as bad as freeze (which has no limit WTF) but it's still pretty horrible, and unlike freeze you can guarantee sleep. I hate it so much.
Statistically Freeze doesn't last as long as Sleep; it also has a chance of going away inmediatly, and that is more likely than lasting forever. Still, the Sleep counter being reseted if you switch out is the worst decision made on the transit to this gen, even worse that nerfing selfdestructive explosions.
[QUOTE=Empty_Shadow;35938483]It's not as bad as freeze (which has no limit WTF) but it's still pretty horrible, and unlike freeze you can guarantee sleep. I hate it so much.[/QUOTE] Freeze is so ludicrously uncommon though, and a lot of moves break it. Though my Glaceon seems to have godly luck with freezes. My Glaceon is the best :3
[QUOTE=Empty_Shadow;35937552]You think THATS bad, you should try fighting my dusclops. Will-O-Wisp/Toxic Pain Split Curse Nightshade It annihilates ANYTHING that can't break him down (which isn't much) Pain split, curse and willowisp together is just ugly once it gets up, they pretty much HAVE to switch, in which case I can painsplit again and fully heal off any damage.[/QUOTE] Better have evolite.
[img]http://i45.tinypic.com/2ltrfgg.png[/img] Made it myself. :)
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.