• Starcraft 2 Megathread V6 - Welcome Back Jack Trades! Forever OP Edition!
    7,278 replies, posted
i got 0-2'd by the next guy i versed and 2-1'd the 3rd one... one more bo3 tomorrow!!
I'm only now realizing how much that observer build time change has changed PvT for me. I usually built like 1 or 2 observers throughout an entire match, just to scout and for Ghosts, but now I have like 4 out at the same time to intercept drops and at various strategic locations around the map. I haven't lost a single PvT since the change because I can see just about everything that is important. And the funny thing is it's not even that the build time has made all that possible, I mean you could always build several observers of course, it's just now that the build time is decreased you just more easily think 'oh I'll just build another observer before my next colossus'. And I think I'm not the only protoss thinking like that. It's almost like blizzard is reminding us with this change that observers exist.
[QUOTE=strider;35927626]I'm only now realizing how much that observer build time change has changed PvT for me. I usually built like 1 or 2 observers throughout an entire match, just to scout and for Ghosts, but now I have like 4 out at the same time to intercept drops and at various strategic locations around the map. I haven't lost a single PvT since the change because I can see just about everything that is important. And the funny thing is it's not even that the build time has made all that possible, I mean you could always build several observers of course, it's just now that the build time is decreased you just more easily think 'oh I'll just build another observer before my next colossus'. And I think I'm not the only protoss thinking like that. It's almost like blizzard is reminding us with this change that observers exist.[/QUOTE] That is a metagame patch. It was exactly the same with Infestors, but when it caught on people realized how horribly over powered they were.
When toss have mass stalker and colossus is it pretty much mandatory to have infestor/brood lord ?
[url]http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/MaximusBlack[/url] He's featured on TL now :D
[video=youtube;IBthYyfGbZk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBthYyfGbZk[/video] HERE WE GOOOO
[QUOTE=gnisasas;35917989]I hate how terran gets the most boring units in HOTS, while protoss get hella fun and crazy units and zerg get cool shit too. Roasting Transformers ? A nuclear stove that disables itself as soon as there's a breeze and melts your own units too? Hero (read useless) single Thor? Compare that to the other faction's units. Come on Blizzard, it's ok if you copy some terran unit from the original SC to SC2, in fact why don't you do it we'd be much more happier, did your guys in charge of designing the SC2 Terran become braindead? Or did you replace the team in charge of that with Transformers pyromaniac fans? [editline]11th May 2012[/editline] Are Terran closet robot chefs and they're coming out now, showing their cooking skills?[/QUOTE] the point of the new terran units was to ease mech play so terran becomes better in late game, imo this is a thousand times better than making gimmicky stuff
R(t)vT on Ohana.. Guy turtles up then pushes out with mass cloaked banshee... I ez gg him.. Try Chat to him and explain why thats a terrible idea "Shut up fgt nub" /player is now ignoring you I'd like to make a graph showing the amount of people who have called me bad verse people I've beat
[QUOTE=Crazy_Farmer;35936409]the point of the new terran units was to ease mech play so terran becomes better in late game, imo this is a thousand times better than making gimmicky stuff[/QUOTE] If so, bring back Goliaths Man I love Goliaths Like, I really really do Fucking badass assholes [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1TIckYZLKM[/media] He just doesn't give a fuck about what's going on outside
The only BW unit is miss it the medic. Oh well.. Medivac girl is cooler than warrant officer dropship lady
Medics still exist
[QUOTE=Amsay;35934424][video=youtube;IBthYyfGbZk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBthYyfGbZk[/video] HERE WE GOOOO[/QUOTE] It's funny how you can just confirm that's Flash by his blind 14ccing IdrA could beat him with an 8 pool
you dont 14cc against a zerg though ...
You can blind expand first against terran most of the time
They'll never bring back Goliaths. Reason being Dustin Browder is the Goliath in the SC2 campaign. This man destroys everything he touches. [img_thumb]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100719020032/starcraft/images/d/d3/GoliathMerc_SC2_Head1.jpg[/img_thumb]
[QUOTE=k0dex;35937959]you dont 14cc against a zerg though ...[/QUOTE] Flash 14cc's against fucking Jaedong, and that's saying something
Wow TLO's fallen really far behind. Goody beat him 2-0 in the german Blizzard World championship qualifiers.
I can't beat zergs anymore. I need help.
Race?
[QUOTE=Crisis01;35945984]Race?[/QUOTE] I'm protoss. My friends told me to 4gate to plat, but all the zerg seem to know how to block 4gate. spines freaking everywhere... I tried differenet builds.. No work.
Oh gad what the hell blizzard. The new patch is bull. Oh we know terran are beginning to have issues, most of all if they don't do some damage early game. ... I know what we'll do. We'll hurt all their harass capacity even more.
[QUOTE=zombojoe;35943439]Wow TLO's fallen really far behind. Goody beat him 2-0 in the german Blizzard World championship qualifiers.[/QUOTE] He should have never switched to Zerg, he's horrible at it.
[QUOTE=zombojoe;35943439]Wow TLO's fallen really far behind. Goody beat him 2-0 in the german Blizzard World championship qualifiers.[/QUOTE] being 2-0d by goody doesnt mean hes fallen behind goodys pretty good [editline]14th May 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Melkor;35947100]He should have never switched to Zerg, he's horrible at it.[/QUOTE] i disagree, i reckon he just doesn't have the mechanics cause he switched races a bunch but once he does i bet he'll be good as cause he's such a smart player, it's just he doesn't have the mechanics to back up all the cute shit he does
Looking at some of the Flash replays that are being leaked out, it's amusing that he's in top 8 masters and beating good players considering he makes mistakes that someone in silver doesn't make anymore. (He basically stops using CC energy after 10 game minutes except to occasionally scan, and suddenly he remembers he can drop mules when he has 2 CCs with full energy) and the fucking man still is ahead in supply.
Yeah I noticed that Once he's fully adjusted to SC2 he will dominate lol
[QUOTE=Lachz0r;35948787]being 2-0d by goody doesnt mean hes fallen behind goodys pretty good[/QUOTE] I have more apm than goody when I 6 rax. I've researched goody mech replays a lot, he usually wins because he is patient as fuck and his opponents just attack directly into his gigantic tank line instead of trying to stretch his multitasking. Kinda like me in the FP tourny I won a long time ago. He also does non stop hellion harass, usually the economic advantage is enough to let him win the game. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOT2knXzCuA[/media]
[QUOTE=jung3o;35946540]I'm protoss. My friends told me to 4gate to plat, but all the zerg seem to know how to block 4gate. spines freaking everywhere... I tried differenet builds.. No work.[/QUOTE] You're friend's a bit stupid for telling you that he might as well have told you to double gateway zealot rush to plat
[QUOTE=Kondor58;35949828]You're friend's a bit stupid for telling you that he might as well have told you to double gateway zealot rush to plat[/QUOTE] It used to apply when 4gate was stronger, plat is really where you learn the game.
lol me and my friend brought some stuff from the prime website and they sent us a piece of paper with MKP's signature on it with our stuff [editline]15th May 2012[/editline] i tweeted a picture of us with it to MKP
man, you guys watch TLO's stream and you tell me he isn't mad fuckin good at zerg and i will call you a liar
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.