• Tribes: Ascend v3: Would the real shazbot please stand up
    4,928 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Skela;36640346]I have 250 gold from facebook, what should I purchase?[/QUOTE] Either wait for something on a daily deal or get a perk.
[QUOTE=slashsnemesis;36638389]Really takes away the seriousness when you have voice command spam as such: Dick1: I am the greatest! Dick2: No Dick2: I am the greatest! Dick1: No Dick1: I am the greatest! ...[/QUOTE] This is why you turn down the vgs sounds
[QUOTE=Espio;36640423]This is why you turn down the vgs sounds[/QUOTE] might work in arena / tdm, but you need the vgs on ctf..
[QUOTE=ZombieDawgs;36638536]Don't forget screaming [VFF] about six times before watching a SLD llama grab at 36kph Edit: Chirno rated me dumb, so Chirno, what do you have against capping flags, bad because you don't get XP or some lame ass excuse?[/QUOTE] He must be the soldier that llama grab at 36kph
Today I learned that you can block spinfusor disks with mines.
[QUOTE=lapsus_;36640577]might work in arena / tdm, but you need the vgs on ctf..[/QUOTE] Why exactly? People have no sense of teamwork and I'm not going to cap the flag at less than 200 so I have absolutely no reason to listen to the VGS in pubs
[QUOTE=ZombieDawgs;36638536]Don't forget screaming [VFF] about six times before watching a SLD llama grab at 36kph Edit: Chirno rated me dumb, so Chirno, what do you have against capping flags, bad because you don't get XP or some lame ass excuse?[/QUOTE] I rated you dumb because no one fucking cares about your VFF bullshit, they want the flag and you spamming voice commands isn't going to change their mind. [editline]5th July 2012[/editline] That and I like rating you dumb.
[QUOTE=Metzgemeist;36634671]Jackal + enemy generator room = [URL]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/939248355118033086/751C6E77BE29FDCED29F960430D9FC60BC05D697/[/URL] It's a link because I'm a twat and don't know how to do thumbnails. I'm mittelmorder fyi.[/QUOTE] You realize you're still in the babby leagues right?
[QUOTE=Foogooman;36641041]You realize you're still in the babby leagues right?[/QUOTE] You realize it will still work later right?
[QUOTE=Chirno;36641081]You realize it will still work later right?[/QUOTE] Yeah but the babby leagues... I joined a babby leagues server once and got 30k in like 5 minutes so 40 in 20 minutes is nothing.
[QUOTE=DrasarSalman;36635054]It is fun when you find your role, but the devs have been forcing it into the competitive scene for a while now and it may show some in the general gameplay. Still, it is free to play so you could try it for a bit and then see if you like it or not. [/QUOTE] It doesn't show at all because basically all of the non-vanilla weapons are banned in tournaments, and the developers just don't seem to get why.
Half the people there never even use their jetpack for fucks sake
[QUOTE=Espio;36640923]Why exactly? People have no sense of teamwork and I'm not going to cap the flag at less than 200 so I have absolutely no reason to listen to the VGS in pubs[/QUOTE] Well, if you're a capper it makes less sense, you have a point. I often go 'VDC defend our flag carrier' when the capper is in danger. I hope at some point it was useful for somebody :v:
[QUOTE=Foogooman;36641314]Yeah but the babby leagues... I joined a babby leagues server once and got 30k in like 5 minutes so 40 in 20 minutes is nothing.[/QUOTE] Double exp week. You can be a dirty player just for a handful of exp.
[QUOTE=Foogooman;36641314]Yeah but the babby leagues... I joined a babby leagues server once and got 30k in like 5 minutes so 40 in 20 minutes is nothing.[/QUOTE] You miss the bit where that's impossible and he's rank 6 (read: HE IS PART OF THE "Babby" LEAGUES)
[QUOTE=Espio;36642263]You miss the bit where that's impossible and he's rank 6 (read: HE IS PART OF THE "Babby" LEAGUES)[/QUOTE] Leave it to a foolish jackal feeder to not know that anyone can enter a babby league's game. I wonder if you can even figure out how it's done. [editline]6th July 2012[/editline] I bet you play Diamond Sword
[QUOTE=Espio;36640923]Why exactly? People have no sense of teamwork and I'm not going to cap the flag at less than 200 so I have absolutely no reason to listen to the VGS in pubs[/QUOTE] This is a terrible attitude to have, this "everybody in pubs is an idiot so I'm just going to shut them out entirely". It's just not true. There are plenty of valid uses for VGS and people in pubs [I]do[/I] listen, just not [I]everyone[/I] -- and the people that don't are generally the people that don't need to hear it, anyways (VFF being the exception). If you'll listen to other people's calls, they'll listen to yours, and suddenly you have coordination between teammates. VA[C,D], VF[F,Q,R,S,T], VC[A,C,D], VV[A,B,H,N,S,Y], VS[anything really] -- all valid calls that really should not be ignored. To disable VGS and maintain such an attitude puts you on the same level as the people you're trying to avoid, in that you are working alone just as much as "them". And so what if there's a lot of spam. If you* would stop being so uptight about it, it would stop being annoying and just become background noise. Friendly banter is nothing to get upset about anyway. *Not aimed at anyone in particular, just people who complain about VGS spam
[QUOTE=Foogooman;36643230]Leave it to a foolish jackal feeder to not know that anyone can enter a babby league's game. I wonder if you can even figure out how it's done. [editline]6th July 2012[/editline] I bet you play Diamond Sword[/QUOTE] I play DS and I'd shit all over you, team doesn't mean anything. [editline]5th July 2012[/editline] and you're part of the problem with pubs in this game.
[QUOTE=Chirno;36640983]I rated you dumb because no one fucking cares about your VFF bullshit, they want the flag and you spamming voice commands isn't going to change their mind.[/QUOTE] yeah fuck trying to teach people what vff means, just let them shit all over their OWN OFFENSE without even knowing it
I uhm-uh I somehow got MVP in a non babby league server? What is wrong? I'm extremely horrible at this game Though I suppose it helps when you're a tech in the gen room with millions of bad infiltrators rushing inside then dying from your turrets
[QUOTE=Foogooman;36643230]Leave it to a foolish jackal feeder to not know that anyone can enter a babby league's game. I wonder if you can even figure out how it's done. [editline]6th July 2012[/editline] I bet you play Diamond Sword[/QUOTE] You're literally the dumbest poster I have ever seen I would like to see this game of 30K in 5 minutes, because not only are you mentally handicapped but also a liar
[QUOTE=radiomonster;36644204]yeah fuck trying to teach people what vff means, just let them shit all over their OWN OFFENSE without even knowing it[/QUOTE] Because spamming "VFF" is totally teaching people, right?
[QUOTE=Foogooman;36643230]Leave it to a foolish jackal feeder to not know that anyone can enter a babby league's game. I wonder if you can even figure out how it's done. [editline]6th July 2012[/editline] I bet you play Diamond Sword[/QUOTE] what are you doing
[QUOTE=Beetle179;36644060]This is a terrible attitude to have, this "everybody in pubs is an idiot so I'm just going to shut them out entirely". It's just not true. There are plenty of valid uses for VGS and people in pubs [I]do[/I] listen, just not [I]everyone[/I] -- and the people that don't are generally the people that don't need to hear it, anyways (VFF being the exception). If you'll listen to other people's calls, they'll listen to yours, and suddenly you have coordination between teammates. VA[C,D], VF[F,Q,R,S,T], VC[A,C,D], VV[A,B,H,N,S,Y], VS[anything really] -- all valid calls that really should not be ignored. To disable VGS and maintain such an attitude puts you on the same level as the people you're trying to avoid, in that you are working alone just as much as "them". And so what if there's a lot of spam. If you* would stop being so uptight about it, it would stop being annoying and just become background noise. Friendly banter is nothing to get upset about anyway. *Not aimed at anyone in particular, just people who complain about VGS spam[/QUOTE] I'm not blocking things out at all, my VGS is turned way down so the constant noise doesn't drive me crazy, I can still hear it but it's much better than being shouted at with "VGCAVGCAVGCAVGCAVGCAVGTGVGNVGTGVGNVGTG" all damn game That's why I said "This is why you turn down the vgs sounds" and not that you should turn them off entirely I've had my vgs sounds turned almost all the way down since they added the option to (or at least since I found out the option existed since I don't remember when they added it)
tribes ascend classic: history in the making [T]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/939248806901408047/F525CC88EC20C82D3F8EE71732CA3371EFA5E7C3/[/T]
[QUOTE=Espio;36644258]You're literally the dumbest poster I have ever seen I would like to see this game of 30K in 5 minutes, because not only are you mentally handicapped but also a liar[/QUOTE] Oh wow wait, you [I]actually[/I] couldn't figure it out? I thought I was just being snide and that you would be able to quickly figure it out once I told you it was possible. I think you might be the handicapped one and by extension also a liar for falsely calling me the same! Alright you ready to have your sand-filled mind blown? Are you ready to hear how I used my mad hacker skills to enter a babby league game as level 30? I wrote a GUI interface and backtraced the tribes IP to the master server where I de-encrypted their java files, allowing me to enter any game I wanted. [sp]Or maybe I just joined a game with my level 2 friend[/sp] [highlight](User was banned for this post ("Flaming." - Seiteki))[/highlight]
are you really that stupid seriously he called you a liar because it is impossible to get 30k in 5 mins legit, not because he didn't know how to join low-level players
[t]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594723435413889159/72D2FFD315C9F717F1250EEE1C9A35AACFE422D4/[/t] I got a 65% off (147 gold) offer on motion detector, should I go for it? I'll be able to buy the thumper soon anyway. I only have 250 gold so the balance afterwards would be about 100 gold.
[QUOTE=Clio;36647885]are you really that stupid seriously he called you a liar because it is impossible to get 30k in 5 mins legit, not because he didn't know how to join low-level players[/QUOTE] Well he should be more ~specific~
no, you should be less retarded
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.