• Tribes: Ascend v3: Would the real shazbot please stand up
    4,928 replies, posted
Hey Beardy Stop being a fucking condescending asshole. Its a fucking game get the fuck over your competitive bullshit. [highlight](User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - Ninja101))[/highlight]
[QUOTE=ZombieDawgs;37083699]Holy [I]shit[/I] silver ranks don't know how to play this game.[/QUOTE] how come you guys were running 3o and 4d against TF? [editline]5th August 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=RIPBILLYMAYS;37083825]Hey Beardy Stop being a fucking condescending asshole. Its a fucking game get the fuck over your competitive bullshit.[/QUOTE] looks like somebody here is stuck in dumpster hell and can't climb out because the walls are coated by your tears.
Back in my day everything was polygons and fog! [img]http://img.sector.sk/files/category/2004/6//21/49/full/000026.jpg[/img] God damn it's so much better today. :V: Loving this game. Loving the plasma gun as well, it was my go-to weapon back long ago.
[QUOTE=BeardyDuck;37083830]how come you guys were running 3o and 4d against TF? [editline]5th August 2012[/editline] looks like somebody here is stuck in dumpster hell and can't climb out because the walls are coated by your tears.[/QUOTE] This is why I will never dabble in competetive gaming
[QUOTE=Katatonic717;37084314]Back in my day everything was polygons and fog! [img]http://img.sector.sk/files/category/2004/6//21/49/full/000026.jpg[/img] God damn it's so much better today. :V: Loving this game. Loving the plasma gun as well, it was my go-to weapon back long ago.[/QUOTE] Why does those hills have a cow pattern? v:v:v
[QUOTE=BeardyDuck;37083830]how come you guys were running 3o and 4d against TF?[/QUOTE] TF? When was this? [quote]looks like somebody here is stuck in dumpster hell and can't climb out because the walls are coated by your tears.[/quote] Stop this. This is what divides the comp and casual communities, and makes each hate the other more. With T:A as fragile as it is, this can't happen.
[QUOTE=Beetle179;37085080]Stop this. This is what divides the comp and casual communities, and makes each hate the other more. With T:A as fragile as it is, this can't happen.[/QUOTE] pls tell me a game where the comp scene of a game has ever been intertwined with the casual community without people crying or bitching.
[QUOTE=BeardyDuck;37085142]pls tell me a game where the comp scene of a game has ever been intertwined with the casual community without people crying or bitching.[/QUOTE] I haven't been in the competitive scene for any game until the last month-ish, so I can't tell you that. What I can tell you is that people with attitudes such as yours are certainly not contributing to the growth of a game, be it competitive or casual.
sorry but when you have a clear distinction on who has competitive knowledge and who doesn't, something needs to be said. also good job on saying i'm not contributing to the growth of the game. how many times have i plugged competitive videos that help people get better? how many times have i explained what's good and what's not? how many times have i directed people from quitting the game to playing pugs? how many times have i explained my reasoning of my opinion to casual players?
I like playing as an infiltrator but I'm afraid I won't have the patience to unlock the super rape-shit guns
practice chaining and just buy the arctic rhino.
[QUOTE=BeardyDuck;37071168]LaughBann Chirno Unib5 RIPBILLYMAYS ief014 list of people that hate competitive tribes and is killing the game.[/QUOTE] no one gives a shit about competitive crap it's literally like 1% of the community stop whining about it also it makes 0 money so don't expect hirez to put it above pubs either
[QUOTE=krail9;37085578]no one gives a shit about competitive crap it's literally like 1% of the community stop whining about it also it makes 0 money so don't expect hirez to put it above pubs either[/QUOTE] exposure at large events such as nasl -> new players -> money [editline]5th August 2012[/editline] plus the competitive community is the reason why you don't have pay 2 win shit stomp rolling and better balanced maps.
[QUOTE=BeardyDuck;37085618]exposure at large events such as nasl -> new players -> money [editline]5th August 2012[/editline] plus the competitive community is the reason why you don't have pay 2 win shit stomp rolling and better balanced maps.[/QUOTE] sure ok do you have any proof of this at all? the steam release + pack deals brought in 10x as many players as all the tournaments put together
[QUOTE=krail9;37085781]sure ok do you have any proof of this at all? the steam release + pack deals brought in 10x as many players as all the tournaments put together[/QUOTE] do you have any proof that steam release actually attracted x10 NEW players and not just old players moving their files? afaik i've only seen about 2-3 people post in this thread saying they found this game through steam. also who's to say it brought in x10 players? there were 1 million downloads within a single month after open beta was released and i'm not sure steam brought in 10 million new players. [editline]5th August 2012[/editline] look at how many people are playing tribes through steam right now. 2,077. that's a joke. [editline]5th August 2012[/editline] also do you really need proof that the competitive community stopped pay2win weapons and helped balance out maps better?
[QUOTE=BeardyDuck;37085142]pls tell me a game where the comp scene of a game has ever been intertwined with the casual community without people crying or bitching.[/QUOTE] QWTF and a little of TFC until people learned about bhop.
You're uh very passionate about this Beardy.
god forbid i talk about a game.
So hostile beardy settle down.
jesus, you bitches just need to understand that pubs and competitive offers two different types of gameplay and everyone can be happy with their game.
If [url=http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1179573&p=37083825&viewfull=1#post37083825 ]this[/url] (remove <br /> from url) is flaming, then [url=http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1179573&p=37071168&viewfull=1#post37071168]this[/url] should be treated as flamebait and he should get the ban too... i hate double standards
woosh [QUOTE=Dummkopfs!;37088572]If [url=http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1179573&p=37083825&viewfull=1#post37083825 ]this[/url] is flaming, then [url=http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1179573&p=37071168&viewfull=1#post37071168]this[/url] should be treated as flamebait and he should get the ban too... i hate double standards[/QUOTE]
So I've mastered PTH INF SLD RDR and DMB. I don't know what I'll do with my life when I've done everything (Even though that'll take a bit longer)
itt tribes is srs
is it just me or did the game become enjoyable for a non comp player again
[QUOTE=ZombieDawgs;37092039]So I've mastered PTH INF SLD RDR and DMB. I don't know what I'll do with my life when I've done everything (Even though that'll take a bit longer)[/QUOTE] Wait for Low-Rez to make more content patches, causing more people to whine about imbalanced weapons!
[QUOTE=Unib5;37092712]Wait for Low-Rez to make more content patches, causing more people to whine about imbalanced weapons![/QUOTE] That's not happened since the Brute update, even then the Raider's update only had one banned weapon (The NJ5 is still easy mode but whatever)
[QUOTE=ZombieDawgs;37093023]That's not happened since the Brute update, even then the Raider's update only had one banned weapon (The NJ5 is still easy mode but whatever)[/QUOTE] I was making the point that people still whine almost anyway. I try not to be one of them. The Brute update also has pretty much no overpowered weapons. I think I've been killed by a Gladiator, maybe once, the Plasma Cannon a little more so.
No one uses the black brute skin, at least in the amsterdam server :v:
I like sentinel because it's really unique compared to all the other classes. But ever since I've started playing sentinel, it's been getting more popular, and now people are starting to complain about it. :(
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.