• Mount&Blade (Warband too) thread V. Knights of Calradia
    6,049 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Matt PL;32703779]or don't use cheats and actually enjoy the game[/QUOTE] Because it's fun to be stuck.
Some people enjoy the game using cheats as well. I can play one time and do everything legit and feel better about yourself, or I can play with cheats and be the supreme ruler of all of Calradia.
Hehe, on Fire And Sword I was playing Cossacks versus Swedes. I did great and was top on board for the whole match so for the last round I decided to get 3 double barreled carbines, 6 shots without reloading pretty much. I was the last guy on our team and was in a building, the 5 guys left on the swedish team came in with muskets and I popped every one of them. Good times. [editline]12th October 2011[/editline] It happened in like 4 seconds it was really nice.
Has anyone used Blood&Steel for Warband? It seems to be touted as one of the best total conversion but it's so horrible. They tried to make it more realistic by adding price changes, larger armies, new mechanics, and new items but it just made it bad. I started the game with max archery skill (makes sense right?), and I kill any enemy in one hit. Consequently, I also die in one, despite having 50 health starting out (which is how much a warrior usually has in Vanilla) and 80 armor. The price changes are seemingly random. Yeah, lets make grapes cost 700 denars each and some decent armor 70k, but also pay you triple what we would before. Sorry guys, but scaling up the amount of money things cost while also scaling up the amount you make by the same multiplier does not make it more realistic, it just adds unnecessary zeroes. Why is this so popular?
Killed with 1 hit with 80 armor? that's pretty dumb. Brytenwalda does a nice job on armor, it actually does a fair bit. The feeling of terror when my shitty knife just bounced off the chainmail of a bandit leader :v: Likewise its totally awesome when you get your first set of chainmail.
i cheat and give myself 9999 strength, health, and intelligence with 300 agility i become god but a naked one
OK in mount and blade warband I had to do one of those prisoner exchange things and i had to bring 3 swadian militia as prisoners to King Graveth. I know have the three prisoners but King Graveth is a prisoner in a sarannid sultanate main city so I cant hand the quest in. I only have 28 days left to finish the quest, what do I do? Just hope that he gets released in time? [editline]15th October 2011[/editline] Nevermind, rhodoks made peace with sarannid sultanate so he has been released :smile:
[QUOTE=Mr. Bleak;32791158]Has anyone used Blood&Steel for Warband? It seems to be touted as one of the best total conversion but it's so horrible. They tried to make it more realistic by adding price changes, larger armies, new mechanics, and new items but it just made it bad. I started the game with max archery skill (makes sense right?), and I kill any enemy in one hit. Consequently, I also die in one, despite having 50 health starting out (which is how much a warrior usually has in Vanilla) and 80 armor. The price changes are seemingly random. Yeah, lets make grapes cost 700 denars each and some decent armor 70k, but also pay you triple what we would before. Sorry guys, but scaling up the amount of money things cost while also scaling up the amount you make by the same multiplier does not make it more realistic, it just adds unnecessary zeroes. Why is this so popular?[/QUOTE] Blood&Steel isn't supposed to be realistic, the mod is seen as one of the best total conversion (I wouldn't say that, I'd rather say funniest total conversion) because it can be summed in 3 words: [b]Fuck shit up[/b] If you want a more realistic or 'longer' mod try Brytenwalda or Prophesy of Pendor, or hell any of the other mods which there are a crap load. Blood&Steel is that mod you want to play just to mess around and have fun straight in, with all sorts of crazy stuff and huge battles, or have an unfair difficult challenge if you play it on the hardest difficulty/setup.
Yeah. The best thing about it is the ease of recruitment. I just hate spending hours building an army. Plus, it's one of the few singleplayer mods with guns.
[QUOTE=gnisasas;32793010]Blood&Steel isn't supposed to be realistic, the mod is seen as one of the best total conversion (I wouldn't say that, I'd rather say funniest total conversion) because it can be summed in 3 words: [b]Fuck shit up[/b] If you want a more realistic or 'longer' mod try Brytenwalda or Prophesy of Pendor, or hell any of the other mods which there are a crap load. Blood&Steel is that mod you want to play just to mess around and have fun straight in, with all sorts of crazy stuff and huge battles, or have an unfair difficult challenge if you play it on the hardest difficulty/setup.[/QUOTE] fucking shit up in b&s isnt fun because rocket launcher
That fireworks doesn't even work well.
Well if blood and steel doesnt do it for you, you can just invest in your training skill in M&B warband vanilla and fucking shit up is already super easy, you can raise an unbeatable veteran army in like 3-5 days as long as you have the dosh and then. Just get Ymira or Jeremus, put tonnes of points into their surgery skill and you'll have like 0 fatal casualties per battle and your opponent will be cleaning his soldiers off the battlefield with a mop. Its good fun when you go to war with like three factions at a time, all these bitches want into my kingdom :v:
Blood and Steel ain't nothing for me. It's just like slapping shit all over the game and calling it a day.
I tried warband after playing wf&s for a good while. My god ranged weapons are even worse than they are in wf&s. Bows and crossbows are like snipers.
[QUOTE=sami-elite;32830610]I tried warband after playing wf&s for a good while. My god ranged weapons are even worse than they are in wf&s. Bows and crossbows are like snipers.[/QUOTE] Gave me some hilarious moments though. Like trying to knock out an enemy, just to see an arrow going through you from behind and right in his head, killing him.
The feel when you fire an arrow at maximum range and headshot the opposing armies' lord.
[QUOTE=ayaki;32831240]The feel when you fire an arrow at maximum range and headshot the opposing armies' lord.[/QUOTE] That happens to me all the time in multiplayer. I am on the recieving end.
[QUOTE=gnisasas;32793010]Blood&Steel isn't supposed to be realistic, the mod is seen as one of the best total conversion (I wouldn't say that, I'd rather say funniest total conversion) because it can be summed in 3 words: [b]Fuck shit up[/b] If you want a more realistic or 'longer' mod try Brytenwalda or Prophesy of Pendor, or hell any of the other mods which there are a crap load. Blood&Steel is that mod you want to play just to mess around and have fun straight in, with all sorts of crazy stuff and huge battles, or have an unfair difficult challenge if you play it on the hardest difficulty/setup.[/QUOTE] Even still, I don't see the point in making an entire mod that starts you at the end game but doesn't start the quests there. Yep, let me recruit my 20 men at a time to take on 4 for the tutorial. It seems like a shortcut to the actual end-game where you can do the same thing, meaning kill people in one hit, while not having the same happen to you as it does in this mod. I checked out Brytenwalda. It is fairly nifty looking but I CBA to figure it out at the moment because of how much it adds.
That's true, but to be honest, imo it takes too long to get to endgame gameplay. And by the time you get there it seems pointless to continue.
The warband siege experience 1. Defeat rhodok siege defenders at the wall 2. send only 4 people into the town center for some reason 3. get shot by a rhodok crossbowman right when you spawn. lose 3/4 of health 4. send 4 even crappier people into the castle 5. get shot by rhodok crossbowman right after you spawn. die. FALL BACK GUYS WE NEED TO START OVER AGAIN
[QUOTE=hypno-toad;32831723]The warband siege experience 1. Defeat rhodok siege defenders at the wall 2. send only 4 people into the town center for some reason 3. get shot by a rhodok crossbowman right when you spawn. lose 3/4 of health 4. send 4 even crappier people into the castle 5. get shot by rhodok crossbowman right after you spawn. die. FALL BACK GUYS WE NEED TO START OVER AGAIN[/QUOTE] Rohodk Crossbowmen yeah.
Yeah that's a bit silly. But it's the same on the wall. You kill 90% of the defenders, retreat and start away from the wall with them on the wall again.
I hate you wf&s I wanted to poison a water supply. I got caught. Execution. I forgot to save the whole game. I hate you.
Imo it's worse in warband. In wf&s you can atleast buy troops easily and earn money easily.
[QUOTE=sami-elite;32833741]Imo it's worse in warband. In wf&s you can atleast buy troops easily and earn money easily.[/QUOTE] A bit too easily. Raiding villages in wf&s will make you bitchrich in matter of a few ingame days. I remember buying mercenaries with the starting money, and raiding a polish village. That gave me enough to buy more mercenaries. Repeat repeat repeat... and soon I found myself having a glorious army of best equipped mercenaries, excellent armor and weapon and marching towards besieging a major polish city. It was fun as hell though :v:
You can also earn a shitton trading. It's so easy to earn money trading it feels like cheating. when i start a new game i take a loan to buy my first troops. I like how soon you can have a half decent army in wf&s.
[QUOTE=sami-elite;32842273]You can also earn a shitton trading. It's so easy to earn money trading it feels like cheating. when i start a new game i take a loan to buy my first troops. I like how soon you can have a half decent army in wf&s.[/QUOTE] It kind of throws more straight into the action. I actually kind of like it. I just recently started a new Warband game, completely fresh, with a maxed out character. Its god damn fun, and doesn't really loose much on fun value, since I know all the leveling up and all that already :v:
[QUOTE=Mr. Bleak;32831377]Even still, I don't see the point in making an entire mod that starts you at the end game but doesn't start the quests there. Yep, let me recruit my 20 men at a time to take on 4 for the tutorial. It seems like a shortcut to the actual end-game where you can do the same thing, meaning kill people in one hit, while not having the same happen to you as it does in this mod. I checked out Brytenwalda. It is fairly nifty looking but I CBA to figure it out at the moment because of how much it adds.[/QUOTE] That's the point basically, not quests or advancing through the game adquiring fame and money and all that stuff, but big battles with all sorts of weapons and armors and different units. When I first played it I was amazed by the sheer amount of crazy and weird weapons, there's even an axe-gun, that's bloody awesome. I really wouldn't say it's a really well made mod on which they've worked a lot, I view it as a fun one. It simply may not be the kind of gameplay you desire and you get more fun from other things, that's why you might enjoy other mods more than B&S, as I do too (I really don't have the patience anymore to play those massive difficult mods simply because the gameplay has become too repetitive for me, I'm talking about quests and that sort of stuff you can do. I would love a mod that would let you do more things aside from the default boring quests, fighting, or trading between cities and joining tournaments and that stuff. I don't really know how to explain it) It's all about tastes baby
I think blood and steel is todays A shield Lying On The Water. It had tons of new content and was pretty balanced too. It was all about the battles, not so much about the quests. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfaeHB-r8JM[/media]
[QUOTE=gnisasas;32842434]That's the point basically, not quests or advancing through the game adquiring fame and money and all that stuff, but big battles with all sorts of weapons and armors and different units. When I first played it I was amazed by the sheer amount of crazy and weird weapons, there's even an axe-gun, that's bloody awesome. I really wouldn't say it's a really well made mod on which they've worked a lot, I view it as a fun one. It simply may not be the kind of gameplay you desire and you get more fun from other things, that's why you might enjoy other mods more than B&S, as I do too (I really don't have the patience anymore to play those massive difficult mods simply because the gameplay has become too repetitive for me, I'm talking about quests and that sort of stuff you can do. I would love a mod that would let you do more things aside from the default boring quests, fighting, or trading between cities and joining tournaments and that stuff. I don't really know how to explain it) It's all about tastes baby[/QUOTE] Its like People Soup for Stalker. It doesn't really fit into the game, but some people don't mind, and they enjoy the fun it gives. I'm not one of those people though :v:
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.