• Mount&Blade (Warband too) thread V. Knights of Calradia
    6,049 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Robbobin;35710591]What's the point in having a block mechanic like M&B if you're going to use autoblock? Seems very unbecoming to have it enabled on mp. I've still not bothered after a few months of playing to play mp but still. It's like how the devs of PVKII decided to implement autoblock. While I'm not as fussed about it as a lot of the community, it did take a big element of skill from melee.[/QUOTE] when I block it seems to be completely random, either I deflect or I die anyway. I know there are certain positions to block at but it just seems to never work especially with modern MnB combat and spinning attacks.
[QUOTE=Vasili;35713668]when I block it seems to be completely random, either I deflect or I die anyway. I know there are certain positions to block at but it just seems to never work especially with modern MnB combat and spinning attacks.[/QUOTE] Most multiplayer servers doesn't have autoblock enabled so I think it defaults to mouse movement.
I just razed every village in the game, besides my own. My work here is done, Calradia is in flames. [editline]25th April 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Vasili;35713668]when I block it seems to be completely random, either I deflect or I die anyway. I know there are certain positions to block at but it just seems to never work especially with modern MnB combat and spinning attacks.[/QUOTE] The multiplayer is horrible when it comes to hit-boxes. So god damn glitchy. Most of the times when I use a pole-arm it misses.
[QUOTE=Jackald;35709966]I'm kind of scared to play multiplayer because i've only played singleplayer, and with auto-block too (as in holding the button at the right time blocks, i don't have to worry about direction.)[/QUOTE] You're right to be, its a real load of bollocks sometimes. Combat is hilariously fast and utterly unrealistic in the context of M&P. Admittedly though I do love playing crossbowmen and archers online. Most people can't seem to shoot their way out of a nutshell so anybody decent with a crossbow or bow will be able to lay waste in siege mode.
[QUOTE=hypno-toad;35715156]You're right to be, its a real load of bollocks sometimes. Combat is hilariously fast and utterly unrealistic in the context of M&P. Admittedly though I do love playing crossbowmen and archers online. Most people can't seem to shoot their way out of a nutshell so anybody decent with a crossbow or bow will be able to lay waste in siege mode.[/QUOTE] Fuck my apprehension earlier, this is awesome! Played a siege game in that napoleonic dlc thing and ended up 2nd best on my team! I was shooting from horseback for a while and taking potshots like everyone else on the attacking team. Then I decided to go up onto the battlements for some melee combat (since all my teammates were just dicking about taking potshots) and, after a few little mis-hits, I totally got into the swing of things. The idiots I was fighting were just swinging left and right wildly whilst others kept trying to shoot at me, hitting their friends instead. Wasn't hard to time the blocks, even with me having to suddenly learn how to block manually. Anyway, long story short, I totally killed 4 or 5 dudes in melee combat before getting taken down by someone shooting me in my suicide runs on the battlements, and ended up 30 - 17 having a whale of a time. I think it was more "everyone else was being a bit shit" rather than me being good, but it was fucking awesome fun.
[QUOTE=hypno-toad;35715156]You're right to be, its a real load of bollocks sometimes. Combat is hilariously fast and utterly unrealistic in the context of M&P. Admittedly though I do love playing crossbowmen and archers online. Most people can't seem to shoot their way out of a nutshell so anybody decent with a crossbow or bow will be able to lay waste in siege mode.[/QUOTE] Blocking comes with time, I just dueled like nuts for a good 3 months before I got really good and from there it just got better where I can easily block feints or chambers and easily chamber myself.
Chambering a slow weapon with a fast weapon feels so great and is so effective.
[QUOTE=MrJazzy;35715940]Chambering a slow weapon with a fast weapon feels so great and is so effective.[/QUOTE] Once you know chambers are coming though, they're really easy to counter. Hold your swing or block the same way you attacked.
[QUOTE=Pandamox;35705845]If the melee in MP wasn't so broken and just poor this would probably be one of the best MP games out there but at the moment the melee is just so shit that there's no point even using it confidently[/QUOTE] what problems are you having?
Sorry, can someone tell me what you mean by Chambering?
[QUOTE=Burnyhands;35716658]Sorry, can someone tell me what you mean by Chambering?[/QUOTE] It's basically parrying, if you time it right, you can block a swing with a swing of your own.
Woah, I didn't know that.
I can show you on duel or something.
I've done that once or twice by accident, now that ya mention it. I'll need to learn this, since blocking and then attacking afterwards just isn't fast enough.
[QUOTE=Burnyhands;35718044]I've done that once or twice by accident, now that ya mention it. I'll need to learn this, since blocking and then attacking afterwards just isn't fast enough.[/QUOTE] Chambering will catch people offguard, but if the player is decent and knows it's coming, it's not recommended as they'll easily block it or just start holding their attacks which is the direct counter to chambers except maybe Counter-Chambers.
[QUOTE=Heigou;35716357]Once you know chambers are coming though, they're really easy to counter. Hold your swing or block the same way you attacked.[/QUOTE] Yeah this is why I try to estimate the skill of my opponent before trying a chamber.
You can chamber in SP, presumably? I've never noticed it happen!
I got this game yesterday, played for 6 hours straight. It's freaking amazing. Any mods you guys recommend? Is there a way to make the UI not look stretched?
[QUOTE=Robbobin;35719389]You can chamber in SP, presumably? I've never noticed it happen![/QUOTE] Whenever you swing at an opponent and they swing at you and either you or him magically don't get hit and you hear a clash of steel sound effect, that's chambering. Your sword hitting the enemies sword. I had no idea it had its own name or that you could do it intentionally with practice. [editline]26th April 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Oicani Gonzales;35719752]I got this game yesterday, played for 6 hours straight. It's freaking amazing. Any mods you guys recommend? Is there a way to make the UI not look stretched?[/QUOTE] Not sure what you mean about the UI, but I really recommend Freelancer + Diplomacy if you want to keep the native feel of the game while adding useful features. For actual mods I recommend Brytenwalda and Europe 1200. Although Europe 1200 isn't finished yet, the 0.15 Beta is pretty good and I recommend at least checking it out. They're ridicously big on keeping the mod realistic to the time, so the Byzantine Empire is called the Roman Empire (gets a little confusing seeings as there is already the Holy Roman Empire) and the map is upside down as for some reason medieval maps had South pointing upwards. Other than that it's great.
[QUOTE=Oicani Gonzales;35719752]I got this game yesterday, played for 6 hours straight. It's freaking amazing. Any mods you guys recommend? Is there a way to make the UI not look stretched?[/QUOTE] For sheer fun I recommend [URL="http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=127300.0"]Blood and steel[/URL]. It adds in firearms, new units,makes parties much larger, adds starting classes and difficulty setting,makes it a lot easier to get money and throws all sense of realism and balance out the window. It also allows you to get into the late game a lot faster, ie you can start your own kingdom within a few weeks. 2000th post :woot:
Chambering at 2:05 [video=youtube;L9jHcZjWw9U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9jHcZjWw9U[/video]
Goddamn, Napoleonic Wars is fun. More games need 200 player servers.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAvYj_ZtRM8[/media] Made a video of me playing some Napoleonic Wars :v:
Easiest way to chamber is to just tap left click when you see your opponent start his attack. ;)
I've taken all the Vaegir and Swadian towns and castles, but there's still a few lords running around for both that I can't find.
Probably hiding in a castle in one of the allied cities, or just running around and you can't see them
That's really one of the most annoying things in warband. Factions should really get permanently defeated if they lose all their territory and suffer a period with no standing armies.
Why does the graphical enhancer mod in the OP say it's in alpha? It's from '10...
I got Mount & Blade Napoleonic Wars, updated both Mount & Blade Warband/Napoleonic Wars (I don't have it on steam, got it from another digital distribution website) go to join a server, get in everything is fine. But everytime a round starts, I crash to Desktop, no error reports nothing. I turned down my settings to the lowest (even though my PC can more than handle Mount & Blade), didn't do shit. I've uninstalled it, reinstalled it, downloaded updates and installed it, but I still Crash! This did not happen on normal Mount & Blade, but Napoolenic Wars crashes my game. Help?
For some reason i can only see servers with more than 180 ping but some of my friends can see different servers. Is this because they got it from steam and i didnt? [editline]27th April 2012[/editline] (warband btw)
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.