• Mount&Blade (Warband too) thread V. Knights of Calradia
    6,049 replies, posted
Oh FUCK [img]http://i.imgur.com/5sUhG.png[/img]
Just installed Blood and Steel Loving it so far Undead Army... Never again
[QUOTE=Jmir 54;35732749]Swadia gets three-wayed throughout the entire game, I'd suggest Vaegir or Nords[/QUOTE] It depends. If swadia gets off to a good start they generally steamroll people with their heavy cavalry. Statistically speaking though, Nords are likely to do best. The majority of Nord troops are level 25-28 so they always tend to win field battles that you aren't around for. And siege battles. And siege defenses. Nords are OP as fuck, actually. Swadians are always at war though so if you always want to be fighting people, Swadian is probably your best bet. Lots of battle opportunities.
I capture a castle as a rebel on Fire and Sword and then instantly after 6 leaders with like 100+ guys attack me and besiege... Almost impossible for me to take castles by myself; any suggestions?
So is the Floris mod pack a really ~wacky~ piece of shit with all sorts of imbalances, or is it just warband with tonnes of new content? [editline]27th April 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=The-Spy;35735741]I capture a castle as a rebel on Fire and Sword and then instantly after 6 leaders with like 100+ guys attack me and besiege... Almost impossible for me to take castles by myself; any suggestions?[/QUOTE] On my raider asshole character build I took Minsk from the swedes (they left 23 soldiers in the garrison so I basically just told them to GTFO and they left) and instilled a garrison of about 400 tavern mercenaries. I only make about 700 coins a month from it between the garrison and the taxes; but nobody has come knocking yet. The trick is just to put such a superfluous volume of troops in it that most kingdoms simply wont bother trying to take it... they'll just look for easier targets. Also if you've pissed off [I]every[/I] kingdom, that's why. It's always good to have only 1-2 enemy kingdoms at any time.
Installed the basic/game play version of Floris, but I haven't noticed any changes.
I fancy playing some multiplayer for the first time despite having played warband for months. Any recommended mods?
[QUOTE=Louis;35735420]Just installed Blood and Steel Loving it so far Undead Army... Never again[/QUOTE] Dude Undead Army is the fucking best. You level up like 7 times in one battle early on. Plus you get like 500k from them which lets you buy mercanaries which lets you take a castle which lets you draft an infinite amount of units for a low price which lets you take over all of Calderia in a year or two. Pro-tip: Horse charges do like 50 damage instead of 5 like in Native. Swadians and Khanate own it the fuck up in Blood and Steel.
As if Swadian knights needed to be made more effective...
I picked up a jousting lance for taking prisoners before I went into my first battle against an enemy that isn't bandits. Holy shit, I'm like a dermatologist lancing boyars every day!
[QUOTE=johnlukeg;35737049]As if Swadian knights needed to be made more effective...[/QUOTE] Even better you can hire them directly from villages. Blood and Steel is Warband easy-easy-easy-easy mode
[QUOTE=hypno-toad;35735766]So is the Floris mod pack a really ~wacky~ piece of shit with all sorts of imbalances, or is it just warband with tonnes of new content?[/QUOTE] The latter!
mother of fucking god. I became a Jarl after I helped take over the city of Curfaw. Well, I was defending my city after I heard reports of enemies in the area - and I look to see the entire army of Vageirs - including their King. I began to shit myself, as it was nearly 600 on my measly 250. After a week (in game, lol) and many losses, I repelled their forces for good. It only cost me my entire personal army, 50% of my city's garrison and my own sanity. After their fourth and final siege wave, the rest of my fucking Jarls and King came a riding through and scared them off. I was so pissed.
[QUOTE=hypno-toad;35735766]Also if you've pissed off [I]every[/I] kingdom, that's why. It's always good to have only 1-2 enemy kingdoms at any time.[/QUOTE] Nope, only one enemy. It was the Cossacks that were my enemy. Also, I don't get enough time after taking the castle to go hire troops; a short while after they come knocking the front door down with groups of 4-5 leaders with 100 men+ men in each group.
[img]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577828781271059178/5FA2B4B3A8F0FD95173C283285451126040A293F/[/img] Oh fuck. [img]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577828781271057584/F4BCC3CE63BCB59370C8B0F00173F765028A9B4C/[/img] [B]OH FUCK[/B] [editline]28th April 2012[/editline] [img]http://i.imgur.com/AtXDJ.png[/img] This guy gives 0 fucks.
[QUOTE=The-Spy;35741198]Nope, only one enemy. It was the Cossacks that were my enemy. [/QUOTE] My people (human beings) have a saying. [I] "Don't piss off the Cossacks."[/I]
How do I get it so I can have a bigger army, I know your renown and leadership increases it, but I can have about 85 people, and some people have 150 - 250. How the hell do you get that many?
[QUOTE=Louis;35735420]Just installed Blood and Steel Loving it so far Undead Army... Never again[/QUOTE] can you actually have undead armies?
I dont know, but I had a troop of 14 men vs an Undead Army that was roaming around added by that mod Blood and Steel and then bam 240 vs 14 I killed 2
Thinking of reinstalling Warband, what are some good mods? I'd love a good fantasy mod or just one that improves the campaign. Looking through the mod forums is a pain, also because there isn't always an easily accessible thread that states what the mod is about.
[QUOTE=Vasili;35742647]can you actually have undead armies?[/QUOTE] No, but you if you get lucky, you can get a skeleton horse as a part of the loot. It's one of the worst horses, but it's a goddamn skeleton horse, so I kept it. So I'm trying to do a sort of "Knights of Ye Olde Fuckshitup" by hiring every companion and was wondering if any option is best when a companion whines about another companion. So far I've been choosing the first one for everybody to make sure the pent up rage is evenly distributed.
What's a good year? I'm at 1967 Warband hours played on Steam and need to decide when to stop playing forever so that I stop having these horrible dreams where I can't manual block the spiders and I have to go to the bathroom but there's archers in the hallway. Horrible nightmares every night, someone help!
I have prisoners on Warband, what do I do with them?
[QUOTE=cyclocius;35743661]I have prisoners on Warband, what do I do with them?[/QUOTE] Hire them, sell them to a Ransom Broker, or sell them to Ramun at Tihr.
I got With Fire and Sword, and I have to say, holding onto a city in a war-torn area with battles raging between 3 nations while you have 25 people in your garrison and you are a level 3 is pretty dang hard, especially when there are 400+ troops outside who want to murder you and make your head their new flag.
How should I go about owning a city, fortress, castle, anything
[QUOTE=theseltsamone;35743708]Hire them, sell them to a Ransom Broker, or sell them to Ramun at Tihr.[/QUOTE] The only options I have are to talk and disband. If I talk I tell them not to escape. Where are Ransom brokers? Are there prisoner caravans or somesuch I ought to find?
[QUOTE=cyclocius;35744229]The only options I have are to talk and disband. If I talk I tell them not to escape. Where are Ransom brokers? Are there prisoner caravans or somesuch I ought to find?[/QUOTE] You have to go into the camp tab and select "Take an action". Ransom Brokers move around among cities. You can find them in Taverns.
[QUOTE=Oicani Gonzales;35744145]How should I go about owning a city, fortress, castle, anything[/QUOTE] The easiest way that I've seen is wait for a castle to be sieged, after the attack and all the troops go away simply take the town who probably have ~30 people in their garrison. Also, go for the towns they give you the most amount of money in taxes IIRC.
[QUOTE=cyclocius;35743661]I have prisoners on Warband, what do I do with them?[/QUOTE] it's probably best to sell them to Ransom Broker over hiring them in your army since having troops from different faction can dismoral your troops, but overall having prisoners isn't such a big income in the game.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.