• Mount&Blade (Warband too) thread V. Knights of Calradia
    6,049 replies, posted
[QUOTE=toaster468;35744776]The easiest way that I've seen is wait for a castle to be sieged, after the attack and all the troops go away simply take the town who probably have ~30 people in their garrison. Also, go for the towns they give you the most amount of money in taxes IIRC.[/QUOTE] If you're impatient, you could always just go down to the Sulnate or Khanate. They have some pretty weak troops overall, and there's usually a castle around there that for whatever reason stays at around 100 garrison.
Who is the best to attack in Fire and Sword if you want an easy castle to capture?
[QUOTE=The-Spy;35745984]Who is the best to attack in Fire and Sword if you want an easy castle to capture?[/QUOTE] I found countries consistently vying for control of Lviv, so you will often find it weakened. Or try what theseltsamone said.
Floris Mod is refusing to work with me. When I try to start a new game it just gives me a black screen (I can see my mouse) after I choose my history. Anyone got a fix?
[QUOTE=theseltsamone;35744451]You have to go into the camp tab and select "Take an action". Ransom Brokers move around among cities. You can find them in Taverns.[/QUOTE] Hiring them doesnt do anything. They often desert during the night, even if you have maximum troop morale.
Now I'm up to 3 factions with no fiefs that won't go away. It's annoying because they're all still at war, so my villages are constantly getting raided by 1 man parties that run away at 8+
I always imagine Count Haringoth's one-man war party going "[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJoM7V54T-c&t=1m15s"]lancelot[/URL]" into a village of innocent peasants, chopping down their crops with his sword and setting fire to every house singlehandedly.
Apparently Floris mod only works with Warband 1.143. God damn, that shit's old. I guess I won't be using this mod.
[QUOTE=theseltsamone;35743541]No, but you if you get lucky, you can get a skeleton horse as a part of the loot. It's one of the worst horses, but it's a goddamn skeleton horse, so I kept it. So I'm trying to do a sort of "Knights of Ye Olde Fuckshitup" by hiring every companion and was wondering if any option is best when a companion whines about another companion. So far I've been choosing the first one for everybody to make sure the pent up rage is evenly distributed.[/QUOTE] yeah I picked one up, my adventure with this mod has been very interesting start off in swadia get raped by 50 bandits captured for 5 days get released get captured escape get captured escape attacked by huge undead army flee get attacked by MORE bandits and looters actually win a fight and rescue some prisoners fight against more fucking forest bandits but manage to win eventually get back to the swadia capital to tell the guy I have some fucking men go to bandit hideout and commit genocide get lots of money, waste it on overly priced food its fun but jesus christ everything costs so much and why do the women look retarded in bikini armour?
[QUOTE=hypno-toad;35748634]I always imagine Count Haringoth's one-man war party going "[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJoM7V54T-c&t=1m15s"]lancelot[/URL]" into a village of innocent peasants, chopping down their crops with his sword and setting fire to every house singlehandedly.[/QUOTE] I love the top comment on that. "This is how you play Skyrim" That's the only time I think a youtube comment has made me laugh.
[QUOTE=ForgottenKane;35748720]Apparently Floris mod only works with Warband 1.143. God damn, that shit's old. I guess I won't be using this mod.[/QUOTE] Works for me. [url]http://www.moddb.com/mods/floris-mod-pack/downloads/floris-mod-pack-252[/url]
[QUOTE=Thechuz1337;35749067]Works for me. [url]http://www.moddb.com/mods/floris-mod-pack/downloads/floris-mod-pack-252[/url][/QUOTE] Not for me. Black screen after character history and it crashed when I try to start a Custom Battle.
[QUOTE=ForgottenKane;35749103]Not for me. Black screen after character history and it crashed when I try to start a Custom Battle.[/QUOTE] I got this only if I chose the selection that my father was a noble. I think it's to do with selecting the banner that comes up.
Well apparently I'm not friends with the faction I've been working for this whole time. I figured I'd help them in the war with their enemies, so I slaughtered a patrol and took a Count prisoner. Turns out that's bad for negotiations. Pft.
So, can I become king of the nords, or something? I'm a vassal or whatever under them but I want to rule them eventually and if I can't it's bad because I'm currently making them win so much shit.
[QUOTE=Eeshton;35751821]So, can I become king of the nords, or something? I'm a vassal or whatever under them but I want to rule them eventually and if I can't it's bad because I'm currently making them win so much shit.[/QUOTE] Take a Nord city, Name yourself "Kingdom of Nord" and make your character identical to King Ragnar except with a slightly different beard.
[QUOTE=ForgottenKane;35748720]Apparently Floris mod only works with Warband 1.143. God damn, that shit's old. I guess I won't be using this mod.[/QUOTE] Old? It was the latest version until Napoleonic wars came out like a week ago or so, sure it's outdated, but it's hardly old.
Damn you Cossacks! I will own your castles soon enough! My Hussars will get you.... No but seriously, I hate their guns and their sudden huge army sizes after seizing a castle of theirs...
So rage inducing when you are caught with you pants down by some cunt lord that takes all your good gear and steals your companions :(
Oh hell yes, for the first time ever i have a real army and am about to get myself a castle
[QUOTE=orcywoo6;35754264]So rage inducing when you are caught with you pants down by some cunt lord that takes all your good gear and steals your companions :([/QUOTE] I always play honorably so half the time the Lord likes me without even meeting me so I can easily tell them to just fuck off and avoid the battle altogether.
[QUOTE=ForgottenKane;35748119]Floris Mod is refusing to work with me. When I try to start a new game it just gives me a black screen (I can see my mouse) after I choose my history. Anyone got a fix?[/QUOTE] It's the banner selection screen that does it; roll a character without nobility and you're good to go. The banner selection screen works if it pops up in the middle of a game, but not during character creation.
Does anyone else not like the animations in Floris? I like everything else but the way everyone swings their weapons just looks weird, and I can never tell which way to block after playing vanilla for so long.
It took me a while to get used to the animation, but overall I think I prefer them. A little less robotic than vanilla.
How do I get a hold of Warband 1.143 since it's the only version that mods seem to work with? It's not on Taleworlds' website, not is it on Steam (obviously).
So I realized to become king of the ream I'll need money, so I decided to join Tulug's army in the Kerghit Khanite. He's a cool guy but an awful leader, always putting us in 20 vs. 50 battles, but I don't want to leave his ranks because i'm already promoted so much, I don't wanna lose the 400 weekly. What do. Also can you marry the lady from Suno, I forgot her name. The one who's like "My Father named me heiress but my cousin was like 'lol women'"?
400 a week isn't fantastic; you can get a lot more by liberating a load of manhunters and selling bandits (I always went with Steppe Bandits) to the ransom broker (that's the most efficient way of making money that I've found, anyway). Having said that being in armies is pretty good for levelling up and getting good gear (if you're willing to take a hit to your honour for deserting), and it's basically got no risks whatsoever.
You could also besiege a town. Build a dyeworks and make lodsemone. And don't say it's hard. I took Wercheg with only 100 men.
I've never attempted to siege a castle, but I would like to ask a question about it: Do I have to buy/construct ladders or do they "appear" when I start the siege?
it takes 'x' amount of time based on your party's engineering ability they'll be there after a wait on the world map
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.