• Forgotten the name of a game? - Remember it here! (Resuming)
    3,845 replies, posted
I need help remembering one It was a sports game football of some sort but if you got injured it did this whole camera into the body with some serious looking "gore" injuries
[QUOTE=Lexinator;35657974]I need help remembering one It was a sports game football of some sort but if you got injured it did this whole camera into the body with some serious looking "gore" injuries[/QUOTE] Blitz: The League 2 [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EGGZxYIvxE[/media]
[QUOTE=FlameCow;35657987]Blitz: The League 2 [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EGGZxYIvxE[/media][/QUOTE] Thanks
[QUOTE=Lexinator;35657974]I need help remembering one It was a sports game football of some sort but if you got injured it did this whole camera into the body with some serious looking "gore" injuries[/QUOTE] When I was a kid, I couldn't play any ball game because I thought the ball would rip off my head or I'd fall and break a leg or something. How god damn right I was.
There was a game from top-down view where you controlled one of four vehicles which made walls depending on where you drive the vehicle and the objective was to crush the opponents into the walls and survive.
[QUOTE='TheDark[PL];35665785']There was a game from top-down view where you controlled one of four vehicles which made walls depending on where you drive the vehicle and the objective was to crush the opponents into the walls and survive.[/QUOTE] Could be any Tron Light Cycles variant, but the 4 player ones usually are late gen. GLTron / Armagedtron?
[QUOTE=leilei;35665938]Could be any Tron Light Cycles variant, but the 4 player ones usually are late gen. GLTron / Armagedtron?[/QUOTE] It was Armagedtron, it isn't top-down view but I remember playing this game when I was like 6, thanks!
So I used to have a game on the PS2, it was called like Demolion day, or destruction day I swear. But ANY google search shows up with nothing. And no it was NOT demolition/destruction derby. It was essentialy banger racing. You could buy cars, paint them, take them to races free roam around to the areas, repair them, sell them. And they held long term damage too, so damaging and repair would still leave slight damage in the chassis etc. I REALLY wanna find this game, but can't find anything unless I'm wrong. [editline]23rd April 2012[/editline] Driven to Destruction That's the goddamn name. [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfBCvW1UJTk[/url] EPIC game.
This game I only played a demo of, but it was a long time ago and I forgot what it was called. Basically it was a First Person Shooter that started you off in some battle with people on horses, then you get teleported away in a critical moment. One gameplay element I remember that was pretty cool was that you could reload quicker by pressing R and then R again if you hit it at the right time, otherwise you'd jam your gun and take a little longer.
[QUOTE=MrBond;35682026]This game I only played a demo of, but it was a long time ago and I forgot what it was called. Basically it was a First Person Shooter that started you off in some battle with people on horses, then you get teleported away in a critical moment. One gameplay element I remember that was pretty cool was that you could reload quicker by pressing R and then R again if you hit it at the right time, otherwise you'd jam your gun and take a little longer.[/QUOTE] The Darkest of Days?
Ok, this game was never released, but there was a thread on here about it a few years back. It was in an early stage (Beta perhaps?), and you played a superhero character. The big thing with this game was, you could choose from different powers to have for your character. I remember there being a video showing off some of the powers. Anybody remember this game?
There was a game I only vaguely remember... The character you play has Red Hair, a hoodie (yellow, I think) and platforming is quite a moderate part of the game. Not 2d or anything, it has PS2 worthy graphics...
Ok, there's this game, it's all based around darkness. It's a side scroller, you play as a ginger kid, who lost his dog to the darkness. I remember a cutscene with the dog eating a fly, then, the world going dark, and the dog not being there a moment after. The kid then builds a ship of some sort, as well as a gun that shoots some sort of electricity ray. The first level was a canyon-themed place. As you arrived, you'd be out of your ship, and I think that it fell off the canyon as you moved. I don't remember much else, other than the final boss, who looked a bit like a Sauron (I think), or just a darker Overlord. He had this little guy that "helped" him, a little pink guy that was rather pathetic. Also, I think that, at some point, you lost your gun, but gained some sort of supernatural power. Graphics were PS1 worthy
[QUOTE=Zukriuchen;35704615]Ok, there's this game, it's all based around darkness. It's a side scroller, you play as a ginger kid, who lost his dog to the darkness. I remember a cutscene with the dog eating a fly, then, the world going dark, and the dog not being there a moment after. The kid then builds a ship of some sort, as well as a gun that shoots some sort of electricity ray. The first level was a canyon-themed place. As you arrived, you'd be out of your ship, and I think that it fell off the canyon as you moved. I don't remember much else, other than the final boss, who looked a bit like a Sauron (I think), or just a darker Overlord. He had this little guy that "helped" him, a little pink guy that was rather pathetic. Also, I think that, at some point, you lost your gun, but gained some sort of supernatural power. Graphics were PS1 worthy[/QUOTE] Heart of Darkness
A PS2 dogfighter where your machinegun bullets were also your money. I think it was made by atlus.
[QUOTE=leilei;35706112]Heart of Darkness[/QUOTE] thanks, that game was a pretty huge part of my childhood
I used to play this DOS game in elementary school, where the objective was to eat the healthy food, or else the character would die, and you also had to dodge some kind of monsters.. I can't remember the name of the game.
Free game, played in the browser. It's like a spaceship building game. Lots of colors, but simple graphics, mostly just shapes. You attach the shapes to your ship, and they get damaged when shot and eventually blow up, and you need to protect the core of your ship or else it blows up and you start over. You could copy your ship and post like, a link for others if they wanted to use your ship. I can't remember the name of this game for the life of me.
Downloadable game, It was about evolution with cellular creatures And you can control the speed of the creatures, ANd how much food spawned. I remember how glitchy the snake creatures were.
Hey guys, I hope this is the right place for this question (and if it's not, I hope you can stil help me ;) ) About ten years ago (somewhere around 2000, I think) I played this game (as some kind of demo) on my Windows computer. I can't remember the name, but I can describe it vaguely to you. I really hope one of you knows what I'm talking about, because I've been searching for a very long time: So, her we go with the description: You play as some kind of barbarian. It looks like an adventure game, and the environment is pretty colourful (but not cartoonish or something like that) Your enemies are most of the time knights, and the special thing is that you can cut of all their limbs and kick them around. this causes large bloodstains. You have to jump across rivers, I remember piles of burning hay, I also remember you had to cross a little river on a raft, to a island in the middle, and there you found a powerfull sword or shield, do defeat one of the more powerfull knights. There were also little green monsters with axes in treehouses, and some kind of tunnel which you should cross when large wooden sticks were trying to smash you... But the thing I remember the most is the endboss (although, I think that's the endboss): [B]a giant tree who stole your girlfriend/princess [/B]([U]on the loading screen of the game, there was a picture of the barbarian and the princess, sitting on a piece of wood, with the evil tree behind them, i think[/U]). I remember reaching the tree after defeating the little green mosters on some kind of cliff... I would be so greatfull if one of you could tell me the title of this game! thanks!! LawLaw
-snip-
[QUOTE=NoNameForEvil;35748950]words[/QUOTE] You should also snip long quotes and stay on topic, but I guess you missed that part.
[QUOTE=NoNameForEvil;35748950]If you're going to stick around on Facepunch, you'll need to remember a few, very vital things. The first thing to remember is to never use smilies. If you do feel like you really, [i]really[/i] need to use one, use the [url=http://www.facepunch.com/misc.php]forum ones.[/url] Another thing is to remember to capitalize your Is, and triple check that you spelt everything correctly. Don't use more than one exclamation mark, and the final thing: Never, ever, [b]ever[/b] sign your posts. People can see your name right next to your post; they can tell what your name is at first glance. Signing your posts is pointless, dumb, and idiotic. It serves no purpose whatsoever, and only causes aggravation.[/QUOTE] Thanks for the tips man! I sincerely hope I didn't bust the servers with my [B]one[/B] smiley, [B]one[/B] non-capital "I" and [B]one[/B] extra exclamation mark... I was about to sign this post, but hey, guess that would make me a completely retarded idiot...
[QUOTE=LawLaw;35750763]Thanks for the tips man! I sincerely hope I didn't bust the servers with my [B]one[/B] smiley, [B]one[/B] non-capital "I" and [B]one[/B] extra exclamation mark... I was about to sign this post, but hey, guess that would make me a completely retarded idiot...[/QUOTE] Now THIS is how you should post! wonderful job On topic---v Was the game isometric(top-down), or third person?
Could it be Rocko's Quest?
[QUOTE=leilei;35752069]Could it be Rocko's Quest?[/QUOTE] Oh my god leilei I LOVE YOU! I really, really appreciate it, this brings back so many childhood memories. And to the others, I'm new here, forgive me my beginner-mistakes.
I'm looking for an old santa PC game that came out in 1999 or perhaps 2000. The only thing I can remember is that you were flying around, shooting missiles at elves and stuff. Then you could fly into his workshop and shoot the elves there. It was awesome. I tried searching for it on Google but all I get is flash games and shitty websites that doesn't help me. Anyone knows what it is?
Hey! Maybe you guys can help me, I can't find the name of this game anywhere. I'm looking for an old pc game (I think I used to play it around the '90?), it's a sort of race game but instead of rolling a dice I remember we would play some kind of slot machine wich would show how many squares we could go (something like a board game). There was always a bad guy wearing a blue suit (he reminded me of Dastardly) who would follow the player who was last in the race. We could always tell how "mad/evil" the guy was by the kind of vehicle he was driving - he would start with a bicycle, than a car and last a zeppelin, we always knew stuff just got real when the guy would change to a zeppelin. Anyone remembers this game? (Edit for grammar)
Many years ago I had this CD full of Sega Genesis (I think) games. In one of them you controlled a helicopter in an isometric view, and you were in either a warzone or Washington DC. You had these objectives you had to accompplish, such as transporting fuel tanks or destroying enemy hideouts. But what I remember quite vividly is that most if not all buildings could be destroyed, and I would spend hours destroying monuments in Washington DC, thus losing the game. Does anyone know which game this is? I would suffer from extreme nostalgia.
[QUOTE=Rina;35782463]Hey! Maybe you guys can help me, I can't find the name of this game anywhere. [/QUOTE] Dr. Drago's Madcap Chase [QUOTE=MotherPuncher;35782539]In one of them you controlled a helicopter in an isometric view, and you were in either a warzone or Washington DC[/QUOTE] Urban Strike
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.