• Forgotten the name of a game? - Remember it here! (Resuming)
    3,845 replies, posted
The game I am trying to remeber was for pc,I can't remember a lot of it,but I remember that the storyline composed of an elf girl and her village being invaded at the start of the game.The gameplay was basically match units of the same color in a line and they would then charge at the enemy.You could also do different combinations so that your units you do other things.I wish I could give more detail but I really don't remember much from the game.
[QUOTE=Pokey McFork;36994390]Right, I'm trying to remember the names of two PS2 RPGs that I remember playing a long time ago. One was a third person game, It started you off in an arena of some sort, after killing an enemy or two, you escape into some kind of sewers/tunnels, with insect things that had hives resembling those from the alien films. The thing that sticks out most was the thing the protagonist says when you enter that bit, it was along the lines of "The smell in here is unbearable" in a really rather cheesy fashion. The other one was also third person, though it may have had first person, I can't quite remember. I can vaguely remember something involving dragons and something that looked like a stargate being tied to them, I think. I can't remember much, because it was only a demo, sadly. (probably with one of the ps2 magazines at the time.) These were both mid ps2 era things, or possibly earlier or later.[/QUOTE] Second one might be Drakan: The Ancient's Gates?
[QUOTE=venn178;37004606]Second one might be Drakan: The Ancient's Gates?[/QUOTE] Yeah, that was definitely it, I remember another thing about the first one too, The second area (I think) was a canyon-y sort of area with orcs or something like that. [QUOTE=Megaguy213;36984686]It's a game and it's about killing zombies and it has a rediculous song and it's like smash tv.[/QUOTE] If it was on the 360 as an indie game, then it's probably this: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r76J95OcCOY[/media]
[QUOTE=A B.A. Survivor;36983669]2 games. 1st: N64, 3D platformer You are a chameleon that has been accidentally dunked in some kind of magic vat, turning you into an anthropomorphic chameleon. You start the game trying to catch up to a rabbit that looks like the one from Alice in Wonderland. You can use your tongue to latch onto poles and other objects, and can take out enemies by swinging around and bashing into them.[/QUOTE] First one is chameleon twist, there were two of em If I remember correctly
I too, struggle in the nostalgic feeling of the childhood games and can't remember their names :l It was a old 3D racing game, about Porsches and it obviously had a word "Porsche" in it's name and it wasn't "NFS: Porsche Unleashed" What made it different, was the cockpit view, there were no hands on the wheel. I'm sorry I can't remember more but if anyone might know then please give a shout. :rolleyes:
[QUOTE=Eikki123;37004159]The game I am trying to remeber was for pc,I can't remember a lot of it,but I remember that the storyline composed of an elf girl and her village being invaded at the start of the game.The gameplay was basically match units of the same color in a line and they would then charge at the enemy.You could also do different combinations so that your units you do other things.I wish I could give more detail but I really don't remember much from the game.[/QUOTE] This one? [t]http://www.aspeb.com.ar/main/images/stories/Notas/Noticias/Multiplataformas/Might__Magic_Clash_of_Heroes_00004.jpg[/t] It's called Might & Magic - Clash of Heroes.
This is quite obscure but maybe you guys can help. There was this neat little in-browser game someone posted in the General Discussion nearly a year ago. It was simple, you could manipulate the terrain, raise and lower water and vegetation, and change temperature. I couldn't run it because my computer was shit but now I have a better one.
This is a tough one. An old freeware game, possibly made in The Games Factory or MMF or whatever it was called. A sprite based top-down cooperative shooter. Players are soldiers that run around the battlefield and collect powerups such as grenades, and different weapons such as plasma guns and flamethrowers. Other items included "reinforcements" which brought more AI controlled allies to the field. The enemies are alien bugs which were tan coloured insect looking things, which occasionally shot black goo at the soldiers. There were nests which had to be destroyed, lest they continue to spawn bugs. I have a vague memory of larger, tankier versions of the basic bug aliens, too. It was set in the desert originally, including mountains and abandoned rooms which usually contained powerups. I'm pretty sure the walls could be destroyed by the aliens. Later in the game, you progress into a more futuristic, metallic setting, as if on a ship that had been infested by the aliens. Also what I recall to be a 'lab' level, with shadows of the aliens that creep around and drop down on the player. Haven't played it in years and years but me and my friend used to have a blast playing it together, it'd be great if someone knew what it was.
This is a really really vague description, as I can only remember this single level, It was a puzzle game, perhaps flash, in an isometric view, and I can remember you having to do a puzzle where the stairs, which I remember that it was marble looking, matching the scheme of the level, then open or raise and heads come out(?) This was between 2002 and 2007, somewhere along the lines of that
tried this a ton of times, never gotten the right game out of it. i come back every month or so to ask again. it was this old PS2 game (i'm like 90% sure) and i only remember one level, it involved surfing on huge cylindrical logs in this forest place, i'm pretty sure it was on like a snowboard-type thing made of bark, kind of like sonic. it wasn't any sonic game for the record. the main character if i remember correctly was blue and white and he was some type of animal, maybe like a cat or a gopher or something i can barely remember.
[QUOTE=AgentBoomstick;37065957]tried this a ton of times, never gotten the right game out of it. i come back every month or so to ask again. it was this old PS2 game (i'm like 90% sure) and i only remember one level, it involved surfing on huge cylindrical logs in this forest place, i'm pretty sure it was on like a snowboard-type thing made of bark, kind of like sonic. it wasn't any sonic game for the record. the main character if i remember correctly was blue and white and he was some type of animal, maybe like a cat or a gopher or something i can barely remember.[/QUOTE] Haven't played any myself, but was it a Klonoa game? He's a blue and white (or black and white) animal character, and from what I understand some of his games have boarding levels.
you're a [B]FUCKING PRO MAN[/B]. thank you.
Haha wow, that was right? Not bad for never having played any of the games - all I really knew about it was that it existed. Haha
A fairly old game, released in the 90's and I played it when I was pretty young. It was on PC for certain, don't know about anything else, but basically featured mortal-kombat style gameplay with robots. The scenes were pretty dark and the atmosphere was played in like that as well. It's been killing me for a while and I can't find out what it is!
This one is a stretch, but I'll try anyway. A old Quake-like game, but with very colorful environments and generally 'humourly' stylized. 3D graphics. Lots of jumping. A futuristic setting. Maps included hidden passages, water, rivers. It had AI bots. I believe it was released this century on PC, some time around the first The Sims and Dark Cloud. (2000-ish). I can't be sure. Most likely had a kinky name. So generic, but a lot of fun.
[QUOTE=HellSoldier;37073497]A fairly old game, released in the 90's and I played it when I was pretty young. It was on PC for certain, don't know about anything else, but basically featured mortal-kombat style gameplay with robots. The scenes were pretty dark and the atmosphere was played in like that as well. It's been killing me for a while and I can't find out what it is![/QUOTE] One Must Fall?
[QUOTE=gufu;37073619]One Must Fall?[/QUOTE] Sounds like it to me. Awesome game.
[QUOTE=PyromanDan;36910755]There was this flash game where you were some guy in a top hat, and there were tons of spinning wheels/cogs, and you had to jump from cog to cog going up the level, and it would scroll as you went further up. The wheels varied in size and looked like wooden clock wheels. I believe you were trying to escape rising lava or death somehow.[/QUOTE] This? [url]http://www.miniclip.com/games/wheels-of-salvation/en/[/url]
[QUOTE=gufu;37073619]One Must Fall?[/QUOTE] No, it's got more detail than One Must Fall so it's most likely released a little later.
its a ps1 game in thirdperson where you're an alien in a space suit and the startup screen is you on a usual alien ship (watching tv for some reason) with a few test tubes around you full of aliens that look like you, you get captured or go looking for your friend and have to find him/escape in/from a military base, you also have to rescue little fat type aliens aswell and also you have a floating ball pet thing that throws grenades
[QUOTE=Spirit_Breaker;37073652]This? [url]http://www.miniclip.com/games/wheels-of-salvation/en/[/url][/QUOTE] Thats it exactly! Thank you so much!
[QUOTE=e_k_M;37074189]its a ps1 game in thirdperson where you're an alien in a space suit and the startup screen is you on a usual alien ship (watching tv for some reason) with a few test tubes around you full of aliens that look like you, you get captured or go looking for your friend and have to find him/escape in/from a military base, you also have to rescue little fat type aliens aswell and also you have a floating ball pet thing that throws grenades[/QUOTE] reposted because i was at the bottom of the page
[QUOTE=HellSoldier;37073698]No, it's got more detail than One Must Fall so it's most likely released a little later.[/QUOTE] Oh dear god the game I was trying to remember was Rise 2: Resurrection. I feel so dirty now oh god i need to wash the awful away from me
I'm looking for an old racing game, I played it on the Amiga but I have no idea whether it was ported, it was like Wacky Races and even had cars that resembled them, I think the title had something like 10 wheels of rubber or something like that in, all the cars faced forward as well rather than a top down or an isometric racer.
[QUOTE=markg06;37076926]I'm looking for an old racing game, I played it on the Amiga but I have no idea whether it was ported, it was like Wacky Races and even had cars that resembled them, I think the title had something like 10 wheels of rubber or something like that in, all the cars faced forward as well rather than a top down or an isometric racer.[/QUOTE] The only Amiga game I can recall that is even remotely like that was... Mean Machines? Killer guitar riffs, racing, rockets, oil slicks. Is that the one?
[QUOTE=Jebus;37147617]The only Amiga game I can recall that is even remotely like that was... Mean Machines? Killer guitar riffs, racing, rockets, oil slicks. Is that the one?[/QUOTE] No the perspective was behind the car like in pole position.
Oh, my bad, I misread your post. Good luck finding it. Going to repost mine from the last page: [QUOTE=Jebus;37065780]This is a tough one. An old freeware game, possibly made in The Games Factory or MMF or whatever it was called. A sprite based top-down cooperative shooter. Players are soldiers that run around the battlefield and collect powerups such as grenades, and different weapons such as plasma guns and flamethrowers. Other items included "reinforcements" which brought more AI controlled allies to the field. The enemies are alien bugs which were tan coloured insect looking things, which occasionally shot black goo at the soldiers. There were nests which had to be destroyed, lest they continue to spawn bugs. I have a vague memory of larger, tankier versions of the basic bug aliens, too. It was set in the desert originally, including mountains and abandoned rooms which usually contained powerups. I'm pretty sure the walls could be destroyed by the aliens. Later in the game, you progress into a more futuristic, metallic setting, as if on a ship that had been infested by the aliens. Also what I recall to be a 'lab' level, with shadows of the aliens that creep around and drop down on the player. Haven't played it in years and years but me and my friend used to have a blast playing it together, it'd be great if someone knew what it was.[/QUOTE]
It was an old lego game where you had a castle, and you went to explore and find pieces to build up your castle. You could fight stuff and get potions. Was so fun.
[QUOTE=ninjaviking;35854042]Hey guys, I'm not sure if many of you played those educational interactive games in your childhood, but here goes. I'm looking for an educational game about the ocean. I remember the cover of the game was an octopus, and I used to play it in windows 98, more than 10 years ago. The game was somewhat similar to DK's Encyclopedia of Nature, but also had some minigames such as memory matching games. I'm afraid the description might be too vague, but I'm not remembering anything else at the moment; I'll update the post if I remember anything else.[/QUOTE] Found it! For anyone interested, it's simply called "Microsoft Oceans". Here's the cover I mentioned: [IMG]http://www.glaucus.org.uk/MSOceans.jpg[/IMG]
I'm trying to remember a 3d rpg based around blocks using a voxel engine. You could upgrade weapons by adding 3d pixels to them, you could dual-wield, and you also fought large monsters. [editline]15th August 2012[/editline] It plays like Terraria in a way, and it's really brightly colored.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.