• The Halo Thread
    5,001 replies, posted
How do you get the mark V helmet? is it default?
[QUOTE=MAspiderface v2;24428243]How do you get the mark V helmet? is it default?[/QUOTE] 300,000 cr :argh:
"With our Host, HARRY GOMM" Seriously though. [IMG]http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/4139/holyfuck.png[/IMG]
I'm thinking of installing Halo 2 again. Doesn't it have an install limit?
[IMG]http://a.imageshack.us/img837/5159/elites.jpg[/IMG] I jizzed all over that general.
Officer, Field Marshall, Ranger. :gizz:
Minor, Ultra and Spec Ops. I read something about how now elite player models and spartan player models can play slayer together now, this true or a lie?
officer and ranger.
[QUOTE=evilweazel;24428773]Minor, Ultra and Spec Ops. I read something about how now elite player models and spartan player models can play slayer together now, this true or a lie?[/QUOTE] I severely doubt that it's true. Elites have regenerating health and faster shields, and they run much faster and hit much harder. Even if you take the gameplay differences away, they're far larger, and therefore much easier targets. It'd unbalance the game.
Btw officer is the special elite armor you get for getting limited/legendary.
[QUOTE=BurningPlayd0h;24427632]I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Are you saying Bungie ruined the canon or what? Also, I didn't think they could actually flash clone limbs, just organs.[/QUOTE] That's not how cloning works dangit. Since I've only actually seen it mentioned in Nylunds books, and Nylund's books exclusively I'm going to blame him.
[QUOTE=Grim Joker;24428873]I severely doubt that it's true. Elites have regenerating health and faster shields, and they run much faster and hit much harder. Even if you take the gameplay differences away, they're far larger, and therefore much easier targets. It'd unbalance the game.[/QUOTE] Yeah, sucks though :sigh: I love the elite player models but I prefer the traditional game types over the elites versus spartans types.
I could spoil the end of the game for you. Pm or Request me to blurt it out in this thread. [highlight](User was banned for this post ("Trolling" - Benji))[/highlight]
[QUOTE=Its a alien;24428951]I could spoil the end of the game for you. Pm or Request me to blurt it out in this thread.[/QUOTE] fuck off mate
Theres a nicer way to say it. Please fuck off mate.
He'll probably be banned for Trolling before he can get it out.
[QUOTE=Grim Joker;24429076]He'll probably be banned for Trolling before he can get it out.[/QUOTE] I reported him, for the sake of my pristine Reach campaign experience
Also if anyone ever wants to play some halo 3 some time my GT is over there. <<<<<<<<<
[QUOTE=Snail562;24425987]Agreed. Also here's something I never though of. How the fuck do plasma pistols work? Think about it. Plasma is so hot that if something goes near it (i.e. the barrel of the plasma pistol) the plasma super-heats the matter and then the matter becomes plasma, and so the pistol would just turn into plasma. Even if it's not really plasma and the marines/UNSC just call it plasma and are mistaken, how does the pistol shoot the plasma? You obviously can't load it into a shell, and since plasma is pretty much a gas, how would you shoot it with a spring? The only possible answer would be a fan in the back of the gun, but that wouldn't make the plasma fly fast at all. Wtf bungie? Maybe I'm just over-thinking things though. lol[/QUOTE] The plasma is generated between two coils on the front of the gun, that's why all covenant plasma weapons seem to have a top and bottom side. The charge is shaped and moved by a magnetic field in the gun, which will keep it in shape till a certain distance has been reached, when the cloud of plasma dissipates. [editline]10:52AM[/editline] [QUOTE=BmB;24426661]La la la flash cloning never happened.[/QUOTE] :arghfist::saddowns: [editline]10:57AM[/editline] [QUOTE=BmB;24428895]That's not how cloning works dangit. Since I've only actually seen it mentioned in Nylunds books, and Nylund's books exclusively I'm going to blame him.[/QUOTE] I think the basis of the idea is that while the process is fast, it cannot be used on full humans due to genetic degeneration. A limb or organ are probably fine because your own immune system counteracts the process. [editline]11:00AM[/editline] Flash clones are only used in urgent situations where a soldier is critically wounded etc civilians still have to wait a year or two for their cloned organs to develop in a glass tube [editline]11:49AM[/editline] Hhaahahhaha microsoft has removed those 5 minute firefight videos from Bungie's youtube page with a copyright claim I'm inclined to believe it's part of some automated process that tries to delete all leaked Reach videos
I know a lot of you guys don't want to be spoiled, but I don't really mind. Anyone know of a stream for Reach?
I'm really looking forward to this. It just looks a lot more like CE compared to 3, and that's a good thing in my book.
Id rather have a robot arm anyway. Imagine the gadgets you could have in it, hidden shotgun shell to fire on unsuspecting opponents like something out of Spetsnaz......A man can dream.
[QUOTE=343N;24431128]So, I setup a nice, popular Halo 2 server, then all of a sudden... [IMG]http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/2957/bloodyhalo2server.png[/IMG] It makes me lose all my servers players, some of them decide to wait it out though, it'll bring you back into the game a minute after. I'm sick of it, it randomly does that ingame, then comes back as what was exactly a nice game. It pisses me off, really badly. My ports are forwarded, and everything. My NAT Type is strict, at least thats what GTA IV says. P.S. It does this to me aswell. [editline]10:26PM[/editline] Happened again.[/QUOTE] No one posts in my thread.
[QUOTE=Zezibesh;24429126]The plasma is generated between two coils on the front of the gun, that's why all covenant plasma weapons seem to have a top and bottom side. The charge is shaped and moved by a magnetic field in the gun, which will keep it in shape till a certain distance has been reached, when the cloud of plasma dissipates. [/QUOTE] Plasma weapons can't actually work. They're shooting hot gas. Unless they're somehow firing blood plasma, then what is this i dont even
"they're aliens, deal with it" is fitting. there's no point in trying to comprehend it with humanities understanding of physics (and our available materials and resources) when the Covenant are obviously way more advanced.
yeah we should be more worried about the unsc frigate's density being around 0.00300626913837906 kg/m3
I really need to get my 360 back. Fuck.
[QUOTE=the_killer24;24433136]yeah we should be more worried about the unsc frigate's density being around 0.00300626913837906 kg/m3[/QUOTE] Id be more worried about how explosive crystals hunt for flesh.
Elites are a lot more intimidating than brutes this time around. Hopefully the overcharged pistol shot can stun them for a headshot. Also, does anybody know if the silenced SMG or pistol will be making a return in Reach?
Aw crap. My Bungie Pro ran out and I don't have the MS points to renew it. I really wanted that DMR flair, too. Btw, buying Halo 2 and now MS points today. [editline]09:25AM[/editline] The Officer armor is the limited/legendary elite armor? Yes! [editline]09:26AM[/editline] [QUOTE=Sharp_Shooter;24433951]Also, does anybody know if the silenced SMG or pistol will be making a return in Reach?[/QUOTE] Possible, but not likely.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.