• The Halo Thread
    5,001 replies, posted
[QUOTE=fish puncher;24443771]I'd like to but I might lag a lot.[/QUOTE] added.
[QUOTE=the_killer24;24443766]Go find me a workable plasma weapon that's not a torch or a flamethrower and we'll talk.[/QUOTE] Toothpick in a microwave, do it. Then tell us how that works out. Also the concept of the covenant carbine is cooler.
[QUOTE=Spiderfaec;24443804]added.[/QUOTE] Alright, I'll get on.
[QUOTE=PistolKid;24442840]My friend and I were playing Social Big Team. It was Multi-Flag CTF on Standoff Heavy. I got a 29 killstreak on a guass warthog turret, my friend driving. Feels good man. (Other team quit, we won anyways. Final score: 30 kills 1 death)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=PistolKid;24442840]It was Multi-Flag CTF on Standoff Heavy. I got a 29 killstreak on a guass warthog turret[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=PistolKid;24442840]I got a 29 killstreak on a guass warthog[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=PistolKid;24442840]I got a 29 killstreak[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=PistolKid;24442840]29 killstreak[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=PistolKid;24442840]killstreak[/QUOTE] :Dawkins102: [editline]05:39PM[/editline] Oh, and 15 days until Halo Reach is released. Pray to whatever god(s) you worship these days go by fast
[QUOTE=KingKombat;24444690]:Dawkins102: [editline]05:39PM[/editline] Oh, and 15 days until Halo Reach is released. Pray to whatever god(s) you worship these days go by fast[/QUOTE] There is nothing wrong with using the terminology "killstreak".
Too cool for internet lingo :c00l:
im going to create bf2's conquest mode with 5 of the original classes, anyone else up for the same? [url]http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=48210995&viewreplies=true&postRepeater1-p=3[/url] mine is the 4th post on that page.
I can't log in to bungie.net net again.
[QUOTE=Trooper-guy1;24439180]I'm pretty sure Spartans are actually younger than they look. I think some of the Spartan III's are like 13 to 16 years old, hence some of that immaturity.[/QUOTE] Almost all of the Spartan IIIs are 13-14 years old, although for some reason Bungie decided to make all the Spartans in Noble team in their twenties, thirties, or forties.
[QUOTE=Grim Joker;24445117]Almost all of the Spartan IIIs are 13-14 years old, although for some reason Bungie decided to make all the Spartans in Noble team in their twenties, thirties, or forties.[/QUOTE] They [I]were[/I] that young, but they have survived long enough to age.
[QUOTE=the_killer24;24433033]Plasma weapons can't actually work. They're shooting hot gas. Unless they're somehow firing blood plasma, then what is this i dont even[/QUOTE] Yeah, another reason I'm not fond of the books, they try to explain technology that cannot be comprehended, nor even imagined by our current science, reasonably. Which is impossible and will always end up shit. As a game it presents the technology as it is without trying to justify it, which is infinitely more believable. I remember a b.net blog post or something explaining how "plasma" weapons weren't actually firing plasma, rather that it was forerunner "magic" and plasma was simply the closest thing the UNSC had to compare it to that they knew about.
About that Conquest gamemode, I suggest the sniper class changed to use the DMR, otherwise it'll just be SNIPERSNIPERSNIPER all the time. Anti vehicle should have grenade launcher / shotgun (grenade launcher has EMP effect), assault should have assault rifle & shotgun, medic assault rifle & pistol, support PP & concussion rifle, and full grenades.
[QUOTE=Xionasis;24445146]They [I]were[/I] that young, but they have survived long enough to age.[/QUOTE] At the time of Reach, Spartan IIIs hadn't been around forever. Even according to the backstories, Noble Team was almost twice as old as the other Spartan IIIs when taken in for augmentation.
[QUOTE=Zezibesh;24445226]About that Conquest gamemode, I suggest the sniper class changed to use the DMR, otherwise it'll just be SNIPERSNIPERSNIPER all the time. Anti vehicle should have grenade launcher / shotgun (grenade launcher has EMP effect), assault should have assault rifle & shotgun, medic assault rifle & pistol, support PP & concussion rifle, and full grenades.[/QUOTE] I would play the Assault class
The members of Noble team were some of the first S3s.
Also, I'm fairly interested in black team. They were like Spartan ninjas.
[QUOTE=Xionasis;24445283]The members of Noble team were some of the first S3s.[/QUOTE] I know. Alpha Company were in their early twenties I believe during their last operation. I'm just saying that Bungie even said they were much older than average Spartan IIIs for some reason.
[QUOTE=Grim Joker;24445328]I know. Alpha Company were in their early twenties I believe during their last operation. I'm just saying that Bungie even said they were much older than average Spartan IIIs for some reason.[/QUOTE] It's now canon, ain't gonna have to explain shit [editline]01:00AM[/editline] [QUOTE=KingKombat;24445270]I would play the Assault class[/QUOTE] I just tried to make it more balanced, why would anyone use anything else than sniper or anti armor otherwise? Feel free to point out the obvious flaws I missed, though.
Damn, when you said BF2, I thought you meant Battlefront. :smith:
[QUOTE=Zezibesh;24442398]...SPI (the Spartan 3 armor) gear didn't have energy shields,[/QUOTE] Wait, so we won't have shields is Halo Reach? I didn't know that. I thought it would be like Halo CE.
[QUOTE=Funky Pickle;24445958]Wait, so we won't have shields is Halo Reach? I didn't know that. I thought it would be like Halo CE.[/QUOTE] In all of the gameplay videos you have shields. The health system will be like CE.
[QUOTE=Funky Pickle;24445958]Wait, so we won't have shields is Halo Reach? I didn't know that. I thought it would be like Halo CE.[/QUOTE] Noble team uses MJOLNIR armor.
[QUOTE=Funky Pickle;24445958]Wait, so we won't have shields is Halo Reach? I didn't know that. I thought it would be like Halo CE.[/QUOTE] No, we will. Noble Team wears a special Spartan III variant of MJOLNIR armor that's experimental, I think, and gives them shields. The shields just aren't as strong as MJOLNIR shields and isn't as advanced.
[QUOTE=fish puncher;24445612]Damn, when you said BF2, I thought you meant Battlefront. :smith:[/QUOTE] This made me think. I will make a Battlefront 2 Conquest gamemode and a Mos Eisley map. That one was my favorite. :3:
So I guess plasma guns could work, if they found a material that is more resistant to heat than any metal discovered from the known universe, let alone find an abundance of which to mass produce guns with... [img]http://filesmelt.com/dl/Plasma_Rifle_Schematics.jpg[/img]
It can't work like that, plasma would cool and dissipate extremely quickly. Stop trying to explain what can't be explained. And so far as I understand, whatever the projectile is gets generated by the glowy nobs.
[IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj66/the_killer23/plasmas.jpg[/IMG]
[QUOTE=KingKombat;24444690]:Dawkins102:[/QUOTE] Okay, my KILLING SPREE was 29. :downs: and i'm sure there is a perfectly simple and reasonable explanation for how these plasma weapons work. It just can't be explained by us. Perhaps it's some sort of Napalm like substance instead of just plasma?
haha no that would be like someone trying to shoot fireballs out of a flamethrower
Since the ball of plasma is so small (let's think of it as a star), it uses up all of its energy so fast it asplodes into a nova. Stay with me here. Now, smaller stars are hotter and brighter, correct? (correct me if I'm wrong) And since this plasma is such a tiny ball (compared to an actual star) shouldn't it burn so brightly that you get instantly blinded from looking at it? (I only have a general idea of what I'm talking about)
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.