• Civilization V - Civ: causing all nighters since 1991
    4,842 replies, posted
[QUOTE=kevinseven;24967415]Any one know if theres a world editor ingame thing like in Civ4? I loved playing around with that.[/QUOTE]It's called the Tuner and it's being added later I think, because I can't find it either. World Builder (what you used in Civ 4) is now an external map editor.
Bought it and downloaded it, now to just wait for releasing.
The demo has convinced me to get this game. It was so much fun.
Damnit, game runs ass slow on my laptop. It's not the greatest laptop though. Oh well, I still have 3 and 4.
We should have a game sometime, maybe on the weekend if anyone wants.
Wish I had the money for this
I keep crashing. Urgh. :bang:
[QUOTE=John-Fu;24970551]I am going to get this, but how different is it from Civ 4?[/QUOTE] From playing a bunch of demo games; It sure feels different. As an example, in Civ 4 you need Universal Sufferage to be able to use gold to speed up production in a city. So really you need to work to get two things- Universal sufferage and enough gold to pay for what you want. It's not quick or easy, you have to sacrifice stuff to get there fast. In Civ 5 demo you can straight out just buy what you want if you have the gold, and in the demo I'm piling up more gold than I ever saw in a game of Civ 4. I'm guessing that later in the full game a shit ton of gold is needed, that's why it flows like water in the early game of the demo.
Easy question for you guys: Civ 5 or Dead Rising 2? After that, how long do multiplayer games usually last?
I forgot that attacking workers meant that the unit moved to their position. I lost my level 7 archer that had been sieging a city-state for 1200 years straight. :(
[QUOTE=Mercykiller;24973715]Easy question for you guys: Civ 5 or Dead Rising 2? After that, how long do multiplayer games usually last?[/QUOTE] I have yet to play online for more then 4 hours, and that was on Civ 4 and we never even got very far. I have played almost 12 hours against bots, I assume a multiplayer match would be longer.gl
Yes! "Alright, everyone. Sleep break! Meet back at 1:00 P.M. tomorrow Eastern time and we'll continue!" Awesomeness.
[QUOTE=Jack Trades;24968358]They does, some other minor graphical glitches but nothing that isn't going to be fixed later. [editline]12:55AM[/editline] Any memory editor like ArtMoney, just find Integer value for the turn and freeze it.[/QUOTE] Why not give me proper instruction, as I don't use Artmoney, instead I just use cheat engine, and I try to cheat gold and the turns to freeze but failed because turn got 193 addresses and fucks things up if I freeze them all together.
[QUOTE=kenji;24970590]Just played 100 turns on the demo, England are dicks.[/QUOTE] No, Ghandi is a dick. He keeps expanding his empire into my silver and iron mines then threatening me with military action when he has a single warrior unit and I have five planes.
Awww, I'm sad. I just crashed and my last save was maybe 30 mins away. Damnit.
Yeehoo, I can actually run this game. This overjoys me.
Oh, does it still have that thing where someone vassals the country you're fighting against so suddenly you have to go up against a Mega-Civ?
wowza, just stopped a 5 hour playing session. they really improved combat. hexagons are awesome too.
Playing the demo, first time civ player It's extremely confusing, I'm not sure exactly what to do or where to go. I'm pretty much just randomly researching things wihtout really knowing exactly why such things are important to me, and they don't seem to affect much. I've got two cities, my second one produces units so slow it might as well not exist (takes 20 turns to make a worker...) I'm not exactly sure if it's beneficial to throw all my money towards city states or to just try and research luxury farming myself. Anyone have a quick-and-dirty guide to this game? Clearly there is a massive amount of depth to it, and I've been playing with tooltip mode enabled, but this only tells you so much. I'm at a point where I am not really doing anything except skipping turns because I don't know what to -do- really, except sending my scouting party around of course.
[QUOTE=KorJax;24974427]Playing the demo, first time civ player It's extremely confusing, I'm not sure exactly what to do or where to go. I'm pretty much just randomly researching things wihtout really knowing exactly why such things are important to me, and they don't seem to affect much. I've got two cities, my second one produces units so slow it might as well not exist (takes 20 turns to make a worker...) I'm not exactly sure if it's beneficial to throw all my money towards city states or to just try and research luxury farming myself. Anyone have a quick-and-dirty guide to this game? Clearly there is a massive amount of depth to it, and I've been playing with tooltip mode enabled, but this only tells you so much. I'm at a point where I am not really doing anything except skipping turns because I don't know what to -do- really, except sending my scouting party around of course.[/QUOTE] Spend some time in the tech tree and see what each tech gives you and leads you too next. You'll pick up the game quite quickly if you stay at it.
I've just been playing a multiplayer game with a friend, but I'm noticing that there's no way to manually save your game. Relying on just autosaves is a bit annoying. Also, do singleplayer autosaves save over top of multiplayer autosaves?
[QUOTE=KorJax;24974427]Playing the demo, first time civ player It's extremely confusing, I'm not sure exactly what to do or where to go. I'm pretty much just randomly researching things wihtout really knowing exactly why such things are important to me, and they don't seem to affect much. I've got two cities, my second one produces units so slow it might as well not exist (takes 20 turns to make a worker...) I'm not exactly sure if it's beneficial to throw all my money towards city states or to just try and research luxury farming myself. Anyone have a quick-and-dirty guide to this game? Clearly there is a massive amount of depth to it, and I've been playing with tooltip mode enabled, but this only tells you so much. I'm at a point where I am not really doing anything except skipping turns because I don't know what to -do- really, except sending my scouting party around of course.[/QUOTE] I'm a long time Civ player, but by no means an expert. Some things I've noticed: Not all cities are good for all things. For instance, it may be better to have City A crank out any workers you need, then send them to other cities, rather than have Cities A and B and C each make their own workers. Maybe City B would be better as a research center, and City C for wonders.
Good god the AI's turns take so long. I've been playing for 6 hours and I'm only into the mid 1800's.
[QUOTE=darkedone02;24973961]Why not give me proper instruction, as I don't use Artmoney, instead I just use cheat engine, and I try to cheat gold and the turns to freeze but failed because turn got 193 addresses and fucks things up if I freeze them all together.[/QUOTE] I get 100+ values too (ArtMoney and Cheat Engine is the same thing) but i just freeze ALL of them and it works.
The game lacks Hitler though (or any other dictator like Stalin or Mussolini).
How does the new land units turning into boats work? Can I still attack or am I defenseless?
[QUOTE=acds;24975173]The game lacks Hitler though (or any other dictator like Stalin or Mussolini).[/QUOTE] I don't think Germans would be too happy if their great leader in Civ was Hitler. ( I have no idea why Stalin and Mao were leaders in Civ 4, probably because everyone already associates them with Russia and China).
[QUOTE=clanratc;24976251]I don't think Germans would be too happy if their great leader in Civ was Hitler. ( I have no idea why Stalin and Mao were leaders in Civ 4, probably because everyone already associates them with Russia and China).[/QUOTE] Stalin and Mao are in the game because in comparison to Germany they aren't butthurt 100 years later only because they had a little dictator which did bad things. they just cant get over it.
[QUOTE=Monkey pie;24977115]Stalin and Mao are in the game because in comparison to Germany they aren't butthurt 100 years later only because they had a little dictator which did bad things. they just cant get over it.[/QUOTE] I'm Russian and i think that Stalin was an interesting (I'm not saying it was good) part of our history. Germans are just butthurt. [editline]02:30PM[/editline] The difference probably is that they got raped and we didn't. [editline]02:33PM[/editline] Hitler , Stalin and Mao would make Civ V soooo much better. Just compare those: 1. "Damn, Bismarck and Elizabeth are fighting again and I'm right between them." 2. "Damn, Hitler and Stalin are fighting again and I'm right between them."
Does anyone have a notebook with a HD4200 to test this game on?
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.