• Civilization V - Civ: causing all nighters since 1991
    4,842 replies, posted
Civ IV was just as buggy as Civ V is now. With patches we shall prosper. Relax guys and enjoy the game.
So does anyone want to take some guesses at what DLC and expansion packs will be released for this game?
[QUOTE=howling techie;24995113]So does anyone want to take some guesses at what DLC and expansion packs will be released for this game?[/QUOTE] Next DLC is called Double Civilization. So 2 more Civs.
Wow, really, DLC? Fuck that shit. I want expansions.
[QUOTE=HolyCrusade;24993237]Is anyone else getting small red splotches scattered throughout the terrain?[/QUOTE] I did see a small red line on one of the tiles that seemed completely out of place but haven't seen another one since.
I want to play this game now :crying:. One more night until I can pull all nighters again :D. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iOdmb8BnIw&feature=player_embedded[/media] Also hope they are gonna make an Alpha Centauri expansion, even though they don't have the rights.
my dad was up all night playing this on steam. playing soon.
I doubt it, he'll be playing the next 50 hours too.
nah, he is busy alot. He felt sad to leave the computer, I bet tho. He has played/bought every civilization game.
[QUOTE=clanratc;24984774]The guys at Civ Fanatics are insane! By the sound of it 5% of the users just wanted civ 4 with better graphics.[/QUOTE] I hit the desk with my face when I read they added doom-stack again. [B]Why?[/B] Why would anyone want them back? Also I need this game, I can't wait anymore.
I hate people saying IV is better. Don't they remember people saying III was better than iv when it came out?
First Civ game I played was Call to Power. I liked all the futuristic stuff it had, like underwater cities and shields. The pollution mechanic was cool too.
11 more hours, and i have work tomorrow. Damn. Oh well time to continue playing demo then.
[QUOTE=Suttles;24995979]I hate people saying IV is better. Don't they remember people saying III was better than iv when it came out?[/QUOTE] Better yet, there is a guy saying IV is graphically better and that stacks of doom are better than the new combat system. On steam forums, off course. :frog:
I'm planning on making a TF2-Based mod for this :v:
Can you use agent/spy in civ 5?
[QUOTE=PowerBall v1;24999469]Can you use agent/spy in civ 5?[/QUOTE] No espionage in Civ 5. Gamespot have published there review: 9.0 Excellent tactical battles and a slick interface make the latest Civilization another wonderful addition to a classic franchise. [url]http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/civilizationv/index.html[/url]
I just wish you could make interface like 1/2 the size, and before you say "Small-interface setting" it doesn't work.
[img]http://gyazo.com/fffca4ffaf8209bc562e3f7ea48ed52c.png[/img] What the shit?
[QUOTE=Cheezy;25001848][IMG]http://gyazo.com/fffca4ffaf8209bc562e3f7ea48ed52c.png[/IMG] What the shit?[/QUOTE] That site does a horrible job, don't bother
[QUOTE=ionuttzu;25001920]That site does a horrible job, don't bother[/QUOTE] Whew, I thought my CPU was borked.
[QUOTE=Cheezy;25001971]Whew, I thought my CPU was borked.[/QUOTE] It's because yours is (apparently) not a dual core, but with that clock speed it should still run fine.
I've now tried every version of Civ back to II. I just find it impossible to get into playing it - I find it boring. That's not to say it's a boring game - just that I have a short attention span.
Derp, was going to order CivV from g2play tomorrow then suddenly no dice.
Nghhh, going to get it tonight hopefully.
I've now played every single Civ game, all the way back to Civ 1, with its pixellated square units and the only DRM being a question about the game found in the instruction manual. The AI cheated just as badly back then, though. (Seriously, I was pleased to find I had researched currency and all of a sudden they're building SPACESHIPS?! Third world much...)
[QUOTE=Darth_GW7;25003367]I've now played every single Civ game, all the way back to Civ 1, with its pixellated square units and the only DRM being a question about the game found in the instruction manual. The AI cheated just as badly back then, though. (Seriously, I was pleased to find I had researched currency and all of a sudden they're building SPACESHIPS?! Third world much...)[/QUOTE] No matter how hard I try, I still end up way behind in research on CivIII.
[QUOTE=Darth_GW7;25003367]I've now played every single Civ game, all the way back to Civ 1, with its pixellated square units and the only DRM being a question about the game found in the instruction manual. The AI cheated just as badly back then, though. (Seriously, I was pleased to find I had researched currency and all of a sudden they're building SPACESHIPS?! Third world much...)[/QUOTE] Just remember that spearmen also had a good chance of taking out an M1A1 Abrams back then.
fuck me this better unlock dead on midnight else i'll kill everything
Damn the requirements to run Civ 5 on a large map must be high My computer is only 3 years old, and I can only start a small map with medium graphics. Even then I crash after 10 - 15 minutes.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.