• Civilization V - Civ: causing all nighters since 1991
    4,842 replies, posted
I am surprised no one is talking about this game, I expected this thread to have 50 some pages by now. I have not got my copy yet ( waiting for my local retail place to get a boxed copy in ) but I have been playing the demo, I wish it was not turn locked so I could actually accomplish something @_@
The demo is just depressing me now, I've done pretty much all you can do at only 100 turns.
2 days and there's already a plan to try to make the game like Civ 4. I don't see what's wrong with it- other than the fact that I can't fucking run a game on a gigantic map because it takes 30 seconds between turns for no reason.
GOD DAMNIT DEMO I get a nice army, surround the first state I've ever decided to try to attack in this game, prepare to make my move... TURN 100 HAS STARTED
Snip
I don't know if this happens with anyone else, but when I have moved all my units, it tells me that units still need orders, when none of them do. I wonder if freeciv will get a hexagonal tile update,like a freeciv.2.
Is there anyway to extend the limit on the demo? Just as anything good starts happening it ends, would like to experience a bit more.
Fuck it, I'm done, I really wasted my money on this game, I should have bought Reach or Dead Rising 2.
[QUOTE=Bluesummers;25004489]I am surprised no one is talking about this game, I expected this thread to have 50 some pages by now. I have not got my copy yet ( waiting for my local retail place to get a boxed copy in ) but I have been playing the demo, I wish it was not turn locked so I could actually accomplish something @_@[/QUOTE] It's probably because everyone that has it is busy playing, and those who don't have it yet are just chilling waiting for it. At least I'm not posting at all in here.
[QUOTE=AwpersAreBad;25006834]Fuck it, I'm done, I really wasted my money on this game, I should have bought Reach or Dead Rising 2.[/QUOTE] Baw, did Napoleon smash your sand Castle?.
[QUOTE=AwpersAreBad;25006834]Fuck it, I'm done, I really wasted my money on this game, I should have bought Reach or Dead Rising 2.[/QUOTE] Why did you snip your post? Now we can't understand why you are bitching [QUOTE=pal670;25006704]Is there anyway to extend the limit on the demo? Just as anything good starts happening it ends, would like to experience a bit more.[/QUOTE] Yeah I've heard you can extend by paying a modest $49.99 fee
[QUOTE=goon165;25007235]Baw, did Napoleon smash your sand Castle?.[/QUOTE] No, I crash every 15 minutes despite having updated all of my drivers and having well over the recommended hardware settings.
[QUOTE=pal670;25006704]Is there anyway to extend the limit on the demo? Just as anything good starts happening it ends, would like to experience a bit more.[/QUOTE] That's probably the idea lol and it worked, I bought the game. Fuck itttttt.
Be officially released already, the counter is over, but the pre-purchase is not (as expected). I've played the demo 4 times now and I suck and I need those massive extra amounts of turns to do... ANYTHING. [editline]02:02AM[/editline] Yes! It's out!
To those experiencing crashing issues - that's odd. I'm not experiencing any issues that anyone is having. Admittedly, I have the game installed on a SSD so the 'please wait' is only ~5 seconds if that on the largest map and the rest of my PC well exceeds the other specs, but that shouldn't explain why I'm not crashing. I'm on 64-bit Win 7 if it makes a difference, and my drivers aren't even up to date. Infact, I have no idea whatsoever what version of drivers I'm running. Other than that, the game is amazing. I legit felt sad when my fiancee had to drag me away from the PC last night otherwise I'd be screwed for work today, I think I finished at 1:30am, she woke up and made me go :( - glad for it today though. I'm itching to go home though just to see if I can make sure those pesky Aztecs get away from my land. The AI sometimes does (intentional or not, I don't know) brilliant things to mess with you. For instance, they come up, poke your border and run away like a child just to see if you'll react. Does anyone else make a story in their head too about what's happening? Half the game is going on in my braid, not on the screen.
Decrypt faster damn it
I usually never have any lag issues, but for some reason if I speak to Bismark, after exiting his screen I experience horrible lag. It does not go away unless I restart the game. ...So, I avoid speaking to him as much as possible.
Well, I went around exploring the other side of the map after I improved the land I had, only to find some Chinese Civ has almost the other half. Huge war incoming.
I just got a 20 Mb update, does anyone have any patch notes? I'm also really damn tired of this game crashing. It takes 1 minute to start up, 2 minutes to load save, and the AI takes at least 20 seconds to take their turn. Then I crash after a few turns for no reason.
I bought this game a few hours ago, and have been playing since. My first game (which I just finished) was me as Japan vs. Romans, Ottomans and Indians. The Indians were the first to go, they didn't stand a fucking chance. Then it was the Romans, going down with me only using two groups of samurai. Then finally it was the Ottomans, which was a fucking pain in the ass because I had to get riflemen to finish them off. Overall the game took 5-6 hours to complete and I still want to play more.
[QUOTE=spoonalious;25011140]To those experiencing crashing issues - that's odd. I'm not experiencing any issues that anyone is having. Admittedly, I have the game installed on a SSD so the 'please wait' is only ~5 seconds if that on the largest map and the rest of my PC well exceeds the other specs, but that shouldn't explain why I'm not crashing. I'm on 64-bit Win 7 if it makes a difference, and my drivers aren't even up to date. Infact, I have no idea whatsoever what version of drivers I'm running. Other than that, the game is amazing. I legit felt sad when my fiancee had to drag me away from the PC last night otherwise I'd be screwed for work today, I think I finished at 1:30am, she woke up and made me go :( - glad for it today though. I'm itching to go home though just to see if I can make sure those pesky Aztecs get away from my land. The AI sometimes does (intentional or not, I don't know) brilliant things to mess with you. For instance, they come up, poke your border and run away like a child just to see if you'll react. Does anyone else make a story in their head too about what's happening? Half the game is going on in my braid, not on the screen.[/QUOTE] My computer is about four years behind (and it was out of date to begin with due to me being cheap) but I've only crashed once and that was because my graphics card overheated. And yes, story is important. Also important is the placement of stuff. And since we no longer have stacks of doom, armies and navies are now visually appealing. Nothing like an organized carrier fleet :)
I just blitzed Washington with my Roman legions and slaughtered him. I didn't even use siege weapons, I had a scout distract the city defense while my legion flanked them.
Are the Babylonian any good?
[media] [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL6wlTDPiPU&feature=player_embedded[/url][/media]
I miss that song. :frown:
[QUOTE=Bluesummers;25004489]I am surprised no one is talking about this game, I expected this thread to have 50 some pages by now.[/QUOTE] Everyone's playing it, or sleeping so they can play it more.
[QUOTE=imadaman;25019061]Everyone's playing it, or sleeping so they can play it more.[/QUOTE] ^This. Also it sucks u cannot save multiplayer games anymore. It's not like one is gonna play for 24 hours multiplayer.
I haven't been following Civ 5 but I loved Civ 4, is it better than it?
4 GB for a demo. That will take some time. So how do you guys like the game so far?
I got a quite weird crash issue - i start the game, the intro is blinking, and it crashes to desktop after 4-5 seconds.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.