• Battlefield 3 v3 - Now with questions
    65,891 replies, posted
As previous post said it is not crucial in-game, rather traditional. It is however crucial in some form which is often in the browser. I felt no need for the game showing me ping during alpha and beta in-game, it was rather just a "huh no ping?" As you are so used to it being there.
[QUOTE=DaMastez;32781779]How is it "crucial"? Can't you tell if the game your connection is bad without a number to tell you? In the server browser, yes it is crucial, in game not so much.[/QUOTE] Because the ping in dice games has been fucked for a while now. Look at BC2. Server browser says 20ms, in game says 150. We need to be able to see our in game pings because the server ones are not always correct.
Heh, that's a nice find. Just found out this releases on my birthday.
[QUOTE=spiderpiglol;32780089]so er, there's this new footage here. No idea where it came from, whether it's official or leaked or what. It's kinda werid. The voice over is very annoying. [video=youtube;JL7YCXzadcQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL7YCXzadcQ[/video][/QUOTE] Oh god that looks so terrible, operation metro didn't look that bad when I played it on the ps3. Oh, I heard the ps3 version will actually be shipped with a high res texture install, dunno why you wouldn't want high res textures in the first place.
[QUOTE=Flubadoo;32781857]The simple fact that they can't include such a simple UI element in a game in development for so long saddens me. [/QUOTE] Yes, it saddens me too, but it's not crucial to game play. It's not game breaking.
[QUOTE=garrynohome;32781888]Because the ping in dice games has been fucked for a while now. Look at BC2. Server browser says 20ms, in game says 150. We need to be able to see our in game pings because the server ones are not always correct.[/QUOTE]This is true however.
I actually hoped for a jungle map.
[QUOTE=garrynohome;32781888]Because the ping in dice games has been fucked for a while now. Look at BC2. Server browser says 20ms, in game says 150. We need to be able to see our in game pings because the server ones are not always correct.[/QUOTE] So, the ping is inaccurate but you still want to use it to judge your connection? If everything is jumpy or slow, then the connection is bad (or your computer can't handle the game), simple as that. I never missed ping in Alpha or Beta aside from noting that it wasn't in the scoreboard. Just because every game does something doesn't mean it's required.
I'm sure there was a reason why the ping in browser was different than what it was in game. [editline]14th October 2011[/editline] Atleast I remember hearing so.
I want ping to know if the server is shitting it or if my connection shitting it, simple really.
[QUOTE=DaMastez;32781991][b]So, the ping is inaccurate but you still want to use it to judge your connection?[/b] If everything is jumpy or slow, then the connection is bad (or your computer can't handle the game), simple as that. I never missed ping in Alpha or Beta aside from noting that it wasn't in the scoreboard. Just because every game does something doesn't mean it's required.[/QUOTE] That's totally not what I said at ALL. I was refuting the claim that all we need are the server pings, because the server pings are incorrect. So I was saying I want to have in game pings because in Dice games those have been the most accurate.
[QUOTE=Hattiwatti;32782054]I'm sure there was a reason why the ping in browser was different than what it was in game. [editline]14th October 2011[/editline] Atleast I remember hearing so.[/QUOTE] If I recall correctly a lot of games have the server browser displays the time for a packet to be sent to the server and back, and in game ping adds in server load or something like that. [QUOTE=garrynohome;32782093]That's totally not what I said at ALL. I was refuting the claim that all we need are the server pings, because the server pings are incorrect. So I was saying I want to have in game pings because in Dice games those have been the most accurate.[/QUOTE] Sorry, I misunderstood what you where getting at.
[QUOTE=spiderpiglol;32780089]so er, there's this new footage here. No idea where it came from, whether it's official or leaked or what. It's kinda werid. The voice over is very annoying. [video=youtube;JL7YCXzadcQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL7YCXzadcQ[/video][/QUOTE] Somebodys trying a little too hard to sound like Jeremy Clarkson
Just read that "Spawn on squad leader only: only in Hardcore mode." (hopefully a wrong rumour?), dice must be taking the piss surely? If it's true I hope they go bankrupt for all their shitty decisions with BF3 :rolleyes:
Kharg: amphibious assault. I shed a tear of joy.
[QUOTE=Carne;32782660]Kharg: amphibious assault. I shed a tear of joy.[/QUOTE] [h2] Success![/h2]
[QUOTE=Carne;32782660]Kharg: amphibious assault. I shed a tear of joy.[/QUOTE]Almost for sure Battlelog listed a amphibious vehicle
[QUOTE=RivaGe;32782619]Just read that "Spawn on squad leader only: only in Hardcore mode." (hopefully a wrong rumour?), dice must be taking the piss surely? If it's true I hope they go bankrupt for all their shitty decisions with BF3 :rolleyes:[/QUOTE] The system in alpha (SL can spawn on every, SM only on SL) worked great, I still don't understand why they changed it. [editline]14th October 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=Political Gamer;32782691]Almost for sure Battlelog listed a amphibious vehicle[/QUOTE] I recall two, there may have been more.
[QUOTE=DaMastez;32782730]The system in alpha (SL can spawn on every, SM only on SL) worked great, I still don't understand why they changed it.[/QUOTE] Yes, and they added mobile spawnpoints, so there's no need for the ability to spawn on everyone.
Holy shit that gameplay looks 800x more polished than the beta. Faith restored.
Somehow it's funny that the americans are fighting in france. BF3 really is authentic.
[QUOTE=spiderpiglol;32780089]so er, there's this new footage here. No idea where it came from, whether it's official or leaked or what. It's kinda werid. The voice over is very annoying. [video=youtube;JL7YCXzadcQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL7YCXzadcQ[/video][/QUOTE] I assume the guy actually playing that is another person who doesn't actually play on consoles. He aims like I would on a PS3. :v:
[QUOTE=Political Gamer;32782691]Almost for sure Battlelog listed a amphibious vehicle[/QUOTE]Yeah this. [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphibious_Assault_Vehicle[/url]
the LAV and BMP were both capable of going into water as well
[QUOTE=ShadowSocks8;32783050]Holy shit that gameplay looks 800x more polished than the beta. Faith restored.[/QUOTE] Well duh, the beta was a month+ old before we even got to play it and it had a bunch of stuff disabled/removed. It's DICE, they haven't given me a good enough reason to loose faith in them yet and I don't expect that to change.
[url]http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/larya/how_to_change_your_origin_id/[/url] Maybe late but eh, it works.
[QUOTE=aKa;32783530][url]http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/larya/how_to_change_your_origin_id/[/url] Maybe late but eh, it works.[/QUOTE]Holy what? YES I CAN FINALLY CHANGE THAT DICK ASS ACCOUNT I FORGOT THE DOB OFF.
[QUOTE=DaMastez;32783371]Well duh, the beta was a month+ old before we even got to play it and it had a bunch of stuff disabled/removed. It's DICE, they haven't given me a good enough reason to loose faith in them yet and I don't expect that to change.[/QUOTE] This may be the first DICE title that makes a genuinely good launch. Not getting my hopes up though.
-snip-.
Ping is really important to me and others like me who have really bad internet. I hope they put it in on the scoreboard or something or else I will be quite disappointed. I need to know if my ping just shot from 70 to 570 (something that DOES happen when I play sometimes) instead of just saying lol why do I suck so much all of a sudden. I really don't know why it isn't in the game already.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.