• Battlefield 3 v3 - Now with questions
    65,891 replies, posted
[QUOTE=DTKT;32772498]Wait, so you can see where everyone dies? It's now almost impossible to be sneaky. That's just dumb.[/QUOTE] "but CoD has it that means we need it too!!"
[QUOTE=DTKT;32772498]Wait, so you can see where everyone dies? It's now almost impossible to be sneaky. That's just dumb.[/QUOTE] Teammates only... Isn't it?
[QUOTE=ZeroS;32772515]Teammates...[/QUOTE] It doesn't tell you exactly where they are. It still tells you the area they might be in. Like if spotting wasn't enough.
[QUOTE=gta-man12345;32771894][B]Squad Specs, Visible Team Deaths, Added Options and more: A Dissection of the Near Final Build[/B] [url]http://mp1st.com/2011/10/13/bf3-squad-specs-visible-team-deaths-added-option-and-more-a-dissection-of-the-near-final-build/[/url][/QUOTE] This... made my night. Also on a side note - these new beta drivers make my current games run like shit.
By the way, should I get this game on PS3 or 360? I have it preordered for PS3 right now, but now I hear that there's gonna be an exclusive hi-res texture pack for the 360. Does anyone know anything about that?
The commander once again plays a more prominent role. According to Patrick Bach, players can only spawn on the squad leader. I love you DICE.
[QUOTE=reevezy67;32772958]The commander once again plays a more prominent role. According to Patrick Bach, players can only spawn on the squad leader. I love you DICE.[/QUOTE] >Squad Leader is a sniper >Worthless spawning. Can we CHOOSE who we want to be our squad lead?
[QUOTE=areolop;32772970]>Squad Leader is a sniper >Worthless spawning. Can we CHOOSE who we want to be our squad lead?[/QUOTE] That is a problem with it but overall it is a much better teamwork based system. I'm pretty sure there are going to be more squad options in the final game it shouldn't be much of a problem. [editline]14th October 2011[/editline] I do seriously hope the commo rose will arrive not too long after release.
The ribbons look dumb now, and I'm not sure about the skull icons, hopefully there's a server side option for it at least. [QUOTE=reevezy67;32773020]That is a problem with it but overall it is a much better teamwork based system. I'm pretty sure there are going to be more squad options in the final game it shouldn't be much of a problem. [editline]14th October 2011[/editline] I do seriously hope the commo rose will arrive not too long after release.[/QUOTE] I hope the common rose will be in the release.
I think the commander thing was a typo, why would they say commander, then totally disregard it and start talking about a squad leader?
[QUOTE=Mike_013;32772815]By the way, should I get this game on PS3 or 360? I have it preordered for PS3 right now, but now I hear that there's gonna be an exclusive hi-res texture pack for the 360. Does anyone know anything about that?[/QUOTE] I think the xbox users are just getting that because people complained the game didn't look good on the 360.
[QUOTE=Crpto2007;32773090]I think the xbox users are just getting that because people complained the game didn't look good on the 360.[/QUOTE] And it's still not going to look good after the texture pack.
[QUOTE=DaMastez;32773072] I hope the common rose will be in the release.[/QUOTE] I thought it was confirmed that it wouldn't be, but it was confirmed they were going to add it. Don't quote me on that. From Kertz “keep in mind that Operation Métro is [DICE's] smallest and tightest map." Well, I'm content.
[QUOTE=Mike_013;32772815]By the way, should I get this game on PS3 or 360? I have it preordered for PS3 right now, but now I hear that there's gonna be an exclusive hi-res texture pack for the 360. Does anyone know anything about that?[/QUOTE] I'm going to guess it'll look similiar on both consoles. Only reason they're mentioning this 'exclusive hi-res pack' is so that Xbox360 users will be content with having two discs instead of the PS3's one bluray disk (and with the PS3 installing important content/textures to it's HDD automatically I don't see much of a technical difference).
[QUOTE=Keegs;32773147]I'm going to guess it'll look similiar on both consoles. Only reason they're mentioning this 'exclusive hi-res pack' is so that Xbox360 users will be content with having two discs instead of the PS3's one bluray disk (and with the PS3 installing important content/textures to it's HDD automatically I don't see much of a technical difference).[/QUOTE] Ah, okay. Thanks for the info everyone.
Just a few more weeks.. argh oh wait probably a few more months or something for me because GAME are epic with sending out the frigging preorders
[IMG]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2011/10/bf3damavandpeak.jpg[/IMG] Base jump. Fuck yeah. Apparently this is a multiplayer map. [url]http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/13/battlefield-3-slowly-drops-multiplayer-map-details/[/url]
I wish there was an option to replace the killcam with a camera watching your teammates. I don't want to watch the guy who killed me at an obscure angle, I want to watch my squadmates while I'm dead :(
Here is the post from the BF Blog [release] The 9 multiplayer maps in Battlefield 3 offer every style of gameplay from dense urban combat to all-out vehicle warfare on vast landscapes. Read on for the design ideas behind the multiplayer maps in Battlefield 3, straight from Niklas Åstrand, one of the level designers at DICE. The remaining maps will be revealed here on the blog tomorrow. OPERATION FIRESTORM [img]http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/battlefield_5F00_bad_5F00_company/OperationFirestorm_2D00_2_2D00_550.jpg[/img] [img]http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/battlefield_5F00_bad_5F00_company/OperationFirestorm_2D00_1_2D00_350.jpg[/img] WORKING TITLE> OILFIELDS DICE INTERNAL DESIGNATION> MP012 SUPPORTED GAME MODES> ALL BRIEF> ALL-OUT DESERT WARFARE FICTION> U.S. AND RUSSIA LAUNCH LARGE-SCALE ASSAULTS TO CONTROL IRAN’S BIGGEST SOURCE OF OIL. SECURING THIS AREA WILL OFFER FULL CONTROL OF THE SECTOR AND ITS KEY FACILITIES. NIKLAS ÅSTRAND’S DESIGN THOUGHTS: One of our largest and most vehicle-friendly map, Operation Firestorm is the classic Battlefield gameplay taken to the extremes. Size-wise, and with some puzzle skills, you could actually place three Atacama Deserts -- one of the largest maps from Battlefield: Bad Company 2 -- within the playable area of Operation Firestorm. This is a wide-open desert map where the burning oil fields in one direction are contrasted by clear blue sky in the other direction. Construction sites dotting the area bring interesting possibilities for infantry to hide in elevated positions, spot vehicles, and take them down by mortar or RPG. OPERATION MÉTRO -snip- Nothing new. TEHRAN HIGHWAY -- [B]OH MY GOD I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS MAP[/B] [img]http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/battlefield_5F00_bad_5F00_company/MP003_2D00_1_2D00_550.jpg[/img] [img]http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/battlefield_5F00_bad_5F00_company/MP003_2D00_350.jpg[/img] WORKING TITLE> HIGHWAY DICE INTERNAL DESIGNATION> MP003 SUPPORTED GAME MODES> ALL BRIEF> INFANTRY FIGHTING IN TIGHT CITY STREETS FICTION> A FIGHT FOR CONTROL OF ACCESS ROUTES NEAR TEHRAN. U.S. FORCES MAKE A PUSH FROM THE HILLS UNDER COVER OF DARKNESS WHILE RUSSIANS HAVE SET UP DEFENSIVE POSITIONS ALONG THE MAIN ENTRANCE POINTS. NIKLAS ÅSTRAND’S DESIGN THOUGHTS: One of the inspirations for this map was a photo of a night time skyline of Tehran which now is basically the same vista that is available in the game. You start up on the hills above the city outskirts and eventually work your way into town. This atmospheric night-time map, where you can see rockets lighting up the sky, has a balanced mix between vehicle and infantry focus. It plays length-wise and starts semi-open with plenty of room for vehicles, but ends on a much more urban and tight note with less focus on vehicles and more on infantry. DAMAVAND PEAK [img]http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/battlefield_5F00_bad_5F00_company/DamavandPeak_2D00_3_2D00_550.jpg[/img] [img]http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/battlefield_5F00_bad_5F00_company/DamavandPeak_2D00_1_2D00_350.jpg[/img] WORKING TITLE> BASEJUMP DICE INTERNAL DESIGNATION> MP013 SUPPORTED GAME MODES> ALL BRIEF> FIGHTING IN WINTER MOUNTAINS FICTION> A RUGGED MOUNTAIN AREA PLAYS A MAJOR ROLE IN DECIDING WHETHER RUSSIAN OR U.S. TROOPS ARE SUCCESSFUL IN COMBAT OPERATIONS IN THE SECTOR, AS THE AREA IS HOME TO KEY RADAR INSTALLATIONS. NIKLAS ÅSTRAND’S DESIGN THOUGHTS: Damavand Peak, internally known as Base Jump, is built on the idea that we want players to be able to base jump, and features our most extreme height differences ever in a Battlefield map. Attackers in Rush and Squad Rush will start high up on a mountain ridge above a mining facility. The only way down into the valley is to somehow make the 500 meter descent. The further the attackers progress in the map, the more vehicle warfare will be present. There is also a large tunnel section dug into the mountain side at the bottom of the map, and the view when you look up at the starting location is spectacular.[/release]
Ugh, when are we gonna be able to pre-load?
Late or not.. just needed to be posted for the people who didnt see it.
Tehran Highway looks amazing. Night map, finally. :D
you could actually place three Atacama Deserts -- one of the largest maps from Battlefield: Bad Company 2 -- within the playable area of Operation Firestorm Oh my yes
[QUOTE=sa2fan;32773719]Tehran Highway looks amazing. Night map, finally. :D[/QUOTE] It's sad, though. I was really hoping they'd do something with the technology they used for the day and night cycles in the tech demo and perhaps make both day and night versions (perhaps in addition to morning and evening versions) of all the maps. But what can you do?
I'm terrible at using semi-autos(normal ironsights) in this game
Really excited for tomorrow at new map reveal.
I would love a map with a full on storm.
Do I have to preorder the limited or normal edition to get Back to Karkand?
[QUOTE=Flubadoo;32773945]Do I have to preorder the limited or normal edition to get Back to Karkand?[/QUOTE] Limited
[QUOTE=1337sause;32773727]you could actually place three Atacama Deserts -- one of the largest maps from Battlefield: Bad Company 2 -- within the playable area of Operation Firestorm Oh my yes[/QUOTE] [B][I]Playable[/I][/B] area. Wonder if this means the absolutely HUGE area the jets can fly in, or the confined infantry area.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.