• Battlefield 3 v3 - Now with questions
    65,891 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Winner;32584503]Uh, go join Altimor, it has more people. I think I'm gonna mess around with the server a bit[/QUOTE] How the hell do you get oyur server to show up on battlelog?
Wait, people are setting up their own servers? Are people doing that with hosted servers, or has someone figured out how to run a server on non-hosted servers?
[QUOTE=JerryK;32584551]ok, define everyone else because i don't see how it's a COD clone[/QUOTE] This 999999999999999999999 times.
SV98 with the 1x night vision scope is AMAZING in the metro tunnels.
I think the server blew up hahah
[QUOTE=Delta616;32584543]DICE didn't make any mistakes, they selected Metro for the beta, because that's what needed to be tested. They wanted a beta, not a demo.[/QUOTE] no he is right, they made a huge mistake with metro also, stop with the bullshit "it needed testing" ok, so none of the other 8 maps needed testing? RO2 actually did the beta right when they cycled 3-4 maps at time and let the testers test them all, testing 1 map and making 1 map perfect while the other 8 are buggy and mediocre is stupid chances are Metro was the most polished map they had so they decided to give us that
Well, I just had the best round of beta so far, and it was in a pirated 64-player server. I didn't even have a HUD, the only way I knew I was doing well was when I heard the "thmm-thm-thm-thm-thm" when I ranked up. GG DICE.
[QUOTE=SPESSMEHREN;32584585]Wait, people are setting up their own servers? Is there still hope that you can run your own?[/QUOTE] [B][U]NO[/U][/B] They are pirated binaries.
[QUOTE=Delta616;32584543]DICE didn't make any mistakes, they selected Metro for the beta, because that's what needed to be tested. They wanted a beta, not a demo.[/QUOTE] Ok really, let's be fucking realistic for a second here. They chose this map to get the CoD people into the game. It's blatantly obvious. Why would we playing on a 1 month old version? Why would they want to test 32 player, no vehicle Rush maps as opposed to the 64 player conquest maps they have been bragging about? To show us the differences in the map? The one that only a couple thousand PC invitees saw? Bullshit. Come on Delta, I know you are smarter than this. You don't have to apologize for everything DICE does. [QUOTE=JerryK;32584551]ok, define everyone else because i don't see how it's a COD clone[/QUOTE] Everyone else being the game community at large. A quick glance around different sites and forums shows the game's reputation outside the dedicated Battlefield strongholds to be tenuous at best. Again, I'm not saying it's a CoD clone; this is what other people are saying about the game. I personally think it's hogwash but that doesn't matter. All that matters is the perception. It was a bad call to try and sell the game to CoD players, which they so obviously tried to do. Let it be known that I am still buying this game. Beta has been frustrating with the shit hit detection, wonky damage model, and terrible Rush mode but what little I experienced of Caspian sold the game for me.
This Beta is not not a Demo. It is exactly that.
[QUOTE=SEKCobra;32584646]This Beta is not not a Demo. It is exactly that.[/QUOTE] How can pre-alpha code possible be called a Beta? It's not a beta just because DICE says it is.
[QUOTE=areolop;32584619][B][U]NO[/U][/B] They are pirated binaries.[/QUOTE] Pfffffffffffft. I thought the whole point of elliminating the ability to host a dedicated server on your own hardware (and force people to pay more money for less powerful "hosting" servers) was to ensure things like this don't happen? I can't stand the fact that there's not even a way to run a listen server so you can just fuck around in the multiplayer maps on your own, so I really hope there's no way to stop this (and that they fix the negative XP and hack stuff)
[QUOTE=areolop;32584619][B][U]NO[/U][/B] They are pirated binaries.[/QUOTE] [b][u]NO[/u][/b] They are leaked binaries and you can get them here. [url]http://thedefaced.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10&page=1[/url]
[QUOTE=SEKCobra;32584646]This Beta is not not a Demo. It is exactly that.[/QUOTE] Missing the point. Re-read my post, then try contributing to the thread again.
beta my ass, what are we testing? a month old build supposedly, so tell me how are we supposed to find bugs and get bugs fixed for retail when we're stuck on 1 map in 1 gamemode with a month old version? new patches can bring new bugs, so therefore we're not really even accomplishing anything by playing this beta other than it being a demo and giving people a chance to play
[QUOTE=AltInput;32584661][b][u]NO[/u][/b] They are leaked binaries and you can get them here. [url]http://thedefaced.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10&page=1[/url][/QUOTE] Leaked and Pirated are damn near the same thing.
[QUOTE=areolop;32584667]Leaked and Pirated are damn near the same thing.[/QUOTE] Pirating implies taking without paying. Last time I checked you don't have to pay for those. Well hopefully you'll still be able to use these binaries when I wake up in nine hours. I really want to explore the entire caspian map by running a listen server.
I thought DICE said they were beta testing Battlelog, not BF3 itself
is it possible to host caspian servers with the leaked server?
[QUOTE=Raidyr;32584664]Missing the point. Re-read my post, then try contributing to the thread again.[/QUOTE] Not everyone here is talking to you.
[QUOTE=Raidyr;32584634]Ok really, let's be fucking realistic for a second here. They chose this map to get the CoD people into the game. It's blatantly obvious. Why would we playing on a 1 month old version? Why would they want to test 32 player, no vehicle Rush maps as opposed to the 64 player conquest maps they have been bragging about? To show us the differences in the map? The one that only a couple thousand PC invitees saw? Bullshit. Come on Delta, I know you are smarter than this. You don't have to apologize for everything DICE does. [/QUOTE] I'm not applogzing for anything DICE did, I don't think they did anything wrong, their primary concern is stress testing servers to ensure the best possible stability at launch. But yeah, Caspian would have been great.
[QUOTE=HendoV2;32584692]is it possible to host caspian servers with the leaked server?[/QUOTE]Nope, server-side version of the map isn't available.
[QUOTE=JerryK;32584665]beta my ass, what are we testing? a month old build supposedly, so tell me how are we supposed to find bugs and get bugs fixed for retail when we're stuck on 1 map in 1 gamemode with a month old version? new patches can bring new bugs, so therefore we're not really even accomplishing anything by playing this beta other than it being a demo and giving people a chance to play[/QUOTE] We can't even find bugs with vehicles and stationaries and all the other crap not present in this.
[QUOTE=Raidyr;32584469]Also making the map Metro Rush was one of the worst decisions DICE has ever made, ever. People here might not care because they are diehard Battlefield fans who cream themselves as soon as someone from EA marketing says "64" or "jets", but everyone else feels like this is a laggier CoD clone with no standout aspects.[/QUOTE] Not having kill streaks and dumb perks is enough to make BF3 stand out from CoD. I actually enjoy Operation Metro; sure, Caspian was great and all, but it's really really nice to play a great FPS game for the first time in a long time (excluding alpha). Would having Caspian in beta be nice, sure it would, will I hate DICE if it's not added back into the beta, no. Battlefield may revolve around vehicles, but having such good infantry combat on top of that is just amazing, and for the time being I can easily enjoy that. [QUOTE=SEKCobra;32584702]We can't even find bugs with vehicles and stationaries and all the other crap not present in this.[/QUOTE] And (helicopter) flight controls felt off for the little amount of time I used them, which really worries me. I hope they didn't break air combat while creating great ground combat, that would suck.
[QUOTE=SPESSMEHREN;32584679]Pirating implies taking without paying. Last time I checked you don't have to pay for those. Well hopefully you'll still be able to use these binaries when I wake up in nine hours. I really want to explore the entire caspian map by running a listen server.[/QUOTE] Caspian server files aren't leaked.
[QUOTE=JoeSibilant;32584657]How can pre-alpha code possible be called a Beta? It's not a beta just because DICE says it is.[/QUOTE] This is far from the Pre Alpha code, the pre alpha code had WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more bugs and problems than this.
Suddenly, Fights. Anyone else think that the UMP has horrible accuracy? I switched to it from my maxed out M4 and am starting not to like it.
[QUOTE=SEKCobra;32584695]Not everyone here is talking to you.[/QUOTE] Yeah, but you still didn't contribute much with that post.
I just think between the instability of the game, the extremely limited features, and generally the poor quality of the code, DICE really dropped the ball on this demo. People are going to lag/stutter/crash and go "oh well obviously I can't run this game, don't think I'll be buying it."
[QUOTE=JerryK;32584665]beta my ass, what are we testing? a month old build supposedly, so tell me how are we supposed to find bugs and get bugs fixed for retail when we're stuck on 1 map in 1 gamemode with a month old version? new patches can bring new bugs, so therefore we're not really even accomplishing anything by playing this beta other than it being a demo and giving people a chance to play[/QUOTE] exactly right... but don't tell delta - somehow he'll tell you that you have no idea "how to test"
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.