• Portal 2 Megathread Mark X - The Content You're About to Post Was Already Posted 999999999
    5,857 replies, posted
When are they going to release trading?
[QUOTE=Plattack;31254693]When are they going to release trading?[/QUOTE] game said coming "soon"
i don't care how old chell technically is at that point, i would find a way to make it work with her [editline]21st July 2011[/editline] Oh, almost forgot. Tried to recreate Lomo in Portal 2, however, since Portal 2 uses custom CC in every campaign map it hsows up different all the time in campaign, so here's what it looks like in my custom map without any previous CC. [thumb]http://i.imgur.com/OkNLq.jpg[/thumb] [editline]21st July 2011[/editline] It still needs work, I must've edited the values like a million times so far after every time I said "Okay, this is perfect" [editline]21st July 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=Plattack;31254693]When are they going to release trading?[/QUOTE] If I recall they said the store was a complete failure, so I can't see how they'd do a feature like that after saying that
I am seriously thinking of buying that Complete Pack for $10. [sp]Watch them realize they forgot to take the sale off and fix it right now or something stupid.[/sp]
[QUOTE=KingKombat;31256111] If I recall they said the store was a complete failure, so I can't see how they'd do a feature like that after saying that[/QUOTE]Maybe they'll remove the Portal 2 store if that's the case. If you ask me, I think that's the only major imperfection in Portal 2. Hats and miscellaneous items should stay where they belong, in Hat Fortress 2.
[QUOTE=Lordgeorge16;31276318]Maybe they'll remove the Portal 2 store if that's the case. If you ask me, I think that's the only major imperfection in Portal 2. Hats and miscellaneous items should stay where they belong, in Hat Fortress 2.[/QUOTE] While I agree that the store was a bad idea , I think the hats are OK. I mean, it might not be the ost fitting thing ever, but it fits the humour and charm of the co-op robots. The skins can go to hell though, I don't want to see ninja P-Bodies and Military Atlases. But the hats, miscs and gestures are OK, the only problem is that there's only like, 2 items that you can get without buying them.
[QUOTE=Banjo7J;31277178]While I agree that the store was a bad idea , I think the hats are OK. I mean, it might not be the ost fitting thing ever, but it fits the humour and charm of the co-op robots. The skins can go to hell though, I don't want to see ninja P-Bodies and Military Atlases. But the hats, miscs and gestures are OK, the only problem is that there's only like, 2 items that you can get without buying them.[/QUOTE] The Starburst skins aren't too bad.
What does GlaDOS mean in Want You Gone when she says [sp]"Now Little Caroline is in here too"[/sp]? She [sp]deleted Caroline[/sp]!
She never deleted Caroline
[QUOTE=Mio Akiyama;31280060]She never deleted Caroline[/QUOTE] She did, as confirmed by Valve.
[QUOTE=buttered_toast;31282745]She did, as confirmed by Valve.[/QUOTE] Didn't Valve originally conform she was still alive during the days of Portal 1? [editline]23rd July 2011[/editline] That basically confirmed there'd be a Portal 2 at that time, so I guess they confirmed no Portal 3. [editline]23rd July 2011[/editline] Or no more Caroline or whatever.
[QUOTE=Zedicus Mann;31283507]Didn't Valve originally conform she was still alive during the days of Portal 1? [editline]23rd July 2011[/editline] That basically confirmed there'd be a Portal 2 at that time, so I guess they confirmed no Portal 3. [editline]23rd July 2011[/editline] Or no more Caroline or whatever.[/QUOTE] We can't know for sure there won't be a Portal 3 just yet... [sp]Optimistic[/sp]
Nothing is stopping them from making a new Portal that takes place during the Cave Johnson times or after the end of co-op.
[QUOTE=Political Gamer;31283729]Nothing is stopping them from making a new Portal that takes place during the Cave Johnson times or after the end of co-op.[/QUOTE] They need to figure out how they could incorporate some of what they were going to do in F-STOP into Portal 2. That would make for a damn good DLC that I would happily wait an extra couple of months for.
I hope they still make F-STOP and make it a Portal prequel.
[QUOTE=razorbeamz;31283826]I hope they still make F-STOP and make it a Portal prequel.[/QUOTE] Well, they said they liked the concept at first but after starting to develop it they trashed it because it was boring. But, what if they some how found a way to incorporate the key elements of it into solving puzzles with portals. My god, email this suggestion to Gabe or Jeep. They need to know this... Or just wait god knows how long for someone in the community to do it.
[QUOTE=Political Gamer;31283729]Nothing is stopping them from making a new Portal that takes place during the Cave Johnson times or after the end of co-op.[/QUOTE] Probably nothing else [I]past[/I] Portal 2 times though.
Nevermind, disregard this post. I am dumb and can't read.
[QUOTE=LoLWaT?;31283806]They need to figure out how they could incorporate some of what they were going to do in F-STOP into Portal 2. That would make for a damn good DLC that I would happily wait an extra couple of months for.[/QUOTE] I really liked that Rattman DLC idea that was going on here for a bit.
[QUOTE=LoLWaT?;31283863]Well, they said they liked the concept at first but after starting to develop it they trashed it because it was boring.[/QUOTE] Please edit this part out because you misinform the people. The only place it says about F-STOP is in Final Hours of P2 book, and there it says that the game was [B]awesome[/B] but they didn't do it because playtesters said "Wow this is awesome but where's my Portal gun" So they made portal 2 with portals and will make a separate game with F-stop gameplay sooner or later. That is the reason we don't know what is it about gameplay mechanics - it's awesome and they plan to implent it. FYI: Two bots one wrench is not F-STOP. We don't know nothing about the second. It also said it would be new, fresh an unexpected so we might just get a new "Portal" (speaking of the first game that brought a shockingly new type of gameplay).
This is how I imagine that time control mechanic they were talking about would work: [media]http://vimeo.com/26218924[/media]
looks too confusing
I wouldn't say confusing, but I think it would be difficult to make reliably interesting tests. Just stoping and starting physics is rather uninteresting. To have a good time control game, you would need to be able to fully control time, sorta like in singularity, but it would need to be done much better.
Got my 70s poster, finally. I'm 104. Which is a coincidence considering my Aperture parking permit is 401. I'll get pics later. [editline]23rd July 2011[/editline] You've all seen the image itself, here's what's new:[thumb]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10225570/IMG_0113.JPG[/thumb][thumb]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10225570/IMG_0115.JPG[/thumb]
Wish they'd update Portal (1) to add onto the "Portal" franchise. The two games seems to almost have no connection except the obivous portals. [editline]ss[/editline] If you're going to dumb me, please feel free to say why.
[QUOTE=BlueYoshi;31293671]Wish they'd update Portal (1) to add onto the "Portal" franchise. The two games seems to almost have no connection except the obivous portals.[/QUOTE] are you kidding me
[QUOTE=BlueYoshi;31293671]The two games seems to almost have no connection except the obivous portals.[/QUOTE] Explain.
[QUOTE=gunguy765;31293845]Explain.[/QUOTE] The graphical style, the overall mood, etc. It's like there is little to no connectivity between the first and second games.
[QUOTE=Ardosos;31293900]The graphical style, the overall mood, etc. It's like there is little to no connectivity between the first and second games.[/QUOTE] You know they've done something well if you have connectivity in primarily the story, rather than the graphical style or overall mood. Not a lot of sequels get that.
[QUOTE=Duxfever;31294181]You know they've done something well if you have connectivity in primarily the story, rather than the graphical style or overall mood. Not a lot of sequels get that.[/QUOTE] True. It's better than reusing old assets, I suppose.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.