• Portal 2 Megathread Mark X - The Content You're About to Post Was Already Posted 999999999
    5,857 replies, posted
[QUOTE=OrYgin;31494582]She is the VA of caroline you know, and the turrets too, not only GladOS.[/QUOTE] DLC is Turret Target practice co-op calling it
[QUOTE=red_pharoah;31494825]DLC is Turret Target practice co-op calling it[/QUOTE] Oh, I really hope it's not co-op content. I didn't even think of that.
[QUOTE=Ardosos;31495006]Oh, I really hope it's not co-op content. I didn't even think of that.[/QUOTE] I think it was said when the DLC was first announced that it would have co-op and solo chambers
[QUOTE=Ardosos;31495006]Oh, I really hope it's not co-op content. I didn't even think of that.[/QUOTE] There was a thread on SPUF by a guy who apparently saw a preview of the DLC when he went to Valve. He did have pictures of the Valve offices (the traditional large Valve, their lobby with Meet the Medic playing, etc) that said that among the stuff we already know about (leaderboards, challenge maps) would also include another course for co-op. [url]http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23802544&postcount=44[/url] Pictures [url]http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23803142&postcount=49[/url] Co-op course
[QUOTE=TopHatLayton;31495706]There was a thread on SPUF by a guy who apparently saw a preview of the DLC when he went to Valve. He did have pictures of the Valve offices (the traditional large Valve, their lobby with Meet the Medic playing, etc) that said that among the stuff we already know about (leaderboards, challenge maps) would also include another course for co-op. [url]http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23802544&postcount=44[/url] Pictures [url]http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23803142&postcount=49[/url] Co-op course[/QUOTE] Holy shit... I really want to go to Valve now.
New game is Counter-Strike 2, with an announcer.
I just finished Portal 2. Amazingly, I managed to avoid any kind of spoiler. But anyway, one thing is bugging me: [sp]was wheatly evil from the beggining? Or did he just go mad after replacing Glados?[/sp]
[QUOTE=DaFreshLemon;31500261]I just finished Portal 2. Amazingly, I managed to avoid any kind of spoiler. But anyway, one thing is bugging me: was [sp]wheatly evil from the beggining? Or did he just go mad after replacing Glados?[/sp][/QUOTE] Firstly, spoiler tag that shit. Secondly, no, he [sp]just went mad with power from not being "Tiny Little Wheatley" and the power and control made him go mad. I wouldn't say he was ever evil, though.[/sp]
[sp]I thought he was just angry because GLaDOS called him a moron all the time, and deep down he knew she was right?[/sp]
[QUOTE=TheWhiteFox1;31500711]Firstly, spoiler tag that shit. Secondly, no, he [sp]just went mad with power from not being "Tiny Little Wheatley" and the power and control made him go mad. I wouldn't say he was ever evil, though.[/sp][/QUOTE] Done. Although you need to be a complete MORON to enter a portal 2 thread with more than 70 pages and not expect a single spoiler. That's why I avoided going here before finishing the game. [sp]Anyway, yes, he wasn't "evil" at first, but it just crossed my mind that maybe his plan was being in charge since the beggining of the game, and he was directing you to Glados chamber on purpose. Without a doubt he was my fav character, even better than Glados (well, there weren't many characters to begin with). I'd like to see him return on a future installment.[/sp]
but how? I highly doubt he would survive re-entry. [editline]3rd August 2011[/editline] shit, page king. uh... [img]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/214/c/f/rick_the_adventure_sphere_by_solidsnake56-d42gk44.png[/img]
So I have had Portal 2 sense it came out. I played though it 3 times.. 2 time in co-op, WHAT NOW
custom maps
[sp]wheatley was evil from the start, near the portal gun podium, he asks you stand on it and look up at the ceiling, he knew the floor was going to collapse. dont ask why he wanted to kill her even if he wanted her help, he was designed to be a moron remember?[/sp]
[sp]ehh... I wouldn't agree with that. I think he just resented humans, and, when put in control of the whole facility, he just acted on it.[/sp]
[QUOTE=Irespawnoften;31501653][sp]ehh... I wouldn't agree with that. I think he just resented humans, and, when put in control of the whole facility, he just acted on it.[/sp][/QUOTE] [sp]yeah and caroline didnt want to be put into a machine, she didnt mean to release neurotoxin and kill everyone either[/sp]
[QUOTE=Butthurter;31501686][sp]yeah and caroline didnt want to be put into a machine, she didnt mean to release neurotoxin and kill everyone either[/sp][/QUOTE] [sp]Thats not what I said. hes a little ball, designed to be a moron, that just happens to not like humans very much. Then, all of a sudden, hes given god like power. He lets it slip a few times during the campaign, hell, you can even see the fact that he now has the ability to do anything dawn on him as soon as he gets connected.[/sp] [editline]3rd August 2011[/editline] [sp] And your right. Caroline didn't want to be put in a machine.[/sp]
[QUOTE=Irespawnoften;31501759][sp]Thats not what I said. hes a little ball, designed to be a moron, that just happens to not like humans very much. Then, all of a sudden, hes given god like power. He lets it slip a few times during the campaign, hell, you can even see the fact that he now has the ability to do anything dawn on him as soon as he gets connected.[/sp] [editline]3rd August 2011[/editline] [sp] And your right. Caroline didn't want to be put in a machine.[/sp][/QUOTE] [sp]But Caroline is gone now. It would have been funny if Glados betrayed you after deleting her. I expected that anyway, and it would have been a nice decision to make way for a future Portal 3. Now that Chell escaped it will be difficult to make a sequel, with her as the protagonist at least.[/sp] [sp]Altough as far as we know, if they made a Portal 3 they could start right where Portal 2 ended, with the ground crumbling and you falling into the facility, and Glados changing her mind about letting you go. Also, was Caroline Glados? Or was her just implemented into Glados AI?[/sp]
[QUOTE=DaFreshLemon;31501927][sp]But Caroline is gone now. It would have been funny if Glados betrayed you after deleting her. I expected that anyway, and it would have been a nice decision to make way for a future Portal 3. Now that Chell escaped it will be difficult to make a sequel, with her as the protagonist at least.[/sp] [sp]Altough as far as we know, if they made a Portal 3 they could start right where Portal 2 ended, with the ground crumbling and you falling into the facility, and Glados changing her mind about letting you go. Also, was Caroline Glados? Or was her just implemented into Glados AI?[/sp][/QUOTE] [sp] please no fucking sequel, portal 2 ended perfectly and if valve will make a third one I will completly lose all faith in them [/sp]
[QUOTE=DaFreshLemon;31501927][sp]But Caroline is gone now. It would have been funny if Glados betrayed you after deleting her. I expected that anyway, and it would have been a nice decision to make way for a future Portal 3. Now that Chell escaped it will be difficult to make a sequel, with her as the protagonist at least.[/sp] [sp]Altough as far as we know, if they made a Portal 3 they could start right where Portal 2 ended, with the ground crumbling and you falling into the facility, and Glados changing her mind about letting you go. Also, was Caroline Glados? Or was her just implemented into Glados AI?[/sp][/QUOTE] [sp]too much of caroline shown so far has been similar to glados; her dedication to science, her loyalty to aperture no matter what (glados can never neglect protocols, yet wheatley easily changes the company name if he wanted to), they both admire cave, older caroline has the exact tone of voice glados has after she lost her morality core[/sp]
I can imagine Portal 3 as an alternate ending to Portal 2. [sp]You're in that elevator[/sp], but GLaDOS sends you down and says : "You really thought,that I would let you escape? Really? What a shame." in the GLaDOS wakeup voice tone.
You could have come out in a fake field like the ones in the old concept art. They were testing giant chickens on fake farms.
[QUOTE=Mr. Chop;31503982]You could have come out in a fake field like the ones in the old concept art. They were testing giant chickens on fake farms.[/QUOTE] I think that would realy stupid of glados Keep you even longer inside and you destroying the whole Building while trying to escape
[QUOTE=TheTailor25;31503634]I can imagine Portal 3 as an alternate ending to Portal 2. [sp]You're in that elevator[/sp], but GLaDOS sends you down and says : "You really thought,that I would let you escape? Really? What a shame." in the GLaDOS wakeup voice tone.[/QUOTE] Just wait until they patch a new ending.
Guys Don't forget [sp] There was a fat turret Singing, it's not over until the fat lady sings. So that means Chell's story is over.[/sp]
[sp]The first time I thought Wheatley was going to backstab me was a Red Herring. Right after sabotaging the turrets when he tells you to keep one eye on the other door. I honestly expected the turrets on the line to start open firing on me or something after he left.[/sp]
[sp]When I was hanging with Wheatly on the moon I tought for a second that Glados was going to cut the cable and that would be the end.[/sp]
[QUOTE=Evil Flames v2;31487935][url]http://twitter.com/#!/johnpatricklowr/status/98284898976145409[/url] Ellen is going in again to record more lines. :D[/QUOTE] I hope the full version of Cara Mia is part of what she's recording. [QUOTE=Mr. Chop;31503982]You could have come out in a fake field like the ones in the old concept art. They were testing giant chickens on fake farms.[/QUOTE] It would be kind of neat to see a third layer to Aperture Science, actually.
[QUOTE=Neo Kabuto;31507584]I hope the full version of Cara Mia is part of what she's recording.[/QUOTE] I hope it's Summer DLC work. More Gameplay > More Soundtrack release
I can't find anyone to play co-op with, come to think of it the "profeesor portal" Achievment will always end up with one person not getting it, because then Everybody else would have already played through co-op twice.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.