Project Zomboid V.3 The game we all dream about is still being developed despite gigantic stepbacks.
19 replies, posted
Like Dwarf Fortress, the community of which has a motto which is ‘It’s fun to lose’, what we’re offering here isn’t a game where your characters goal is to save the world, find a cure or flee to the promised land.
[b]TL;DR – Just Give Me The Gist[/b]
[release]Project Zomboid is a Zombie Survival RPG. Here are some of its planned features:
• Retro-isometric style with plenty of zombie insides thrown in for good measure.
• A massive city and the surrounding areas to traverse, explore and loot.
• Open-ended sandbox world – survival is your only goal, and we’re sorry to tell you… you WILL die eventually.
• Get infected. How will you spend your final days? Will you have a heroic moment of self-sacrifice, or end up chewing your best friend’s throat out?
• Meet other survivors who you can join forces with, trade with, undertake missions for, or fight with for resources.
• Loot, salvage, and build what you need to survive the apocalypse, from food and medical supplies, to weapons, even just booze to help get you through the nights.
• Advanced item crafting allows you to use looted items to build weapons, traps, defenses, and many other things to help you survive.
• Character progression. Learn skills and perks to help your character face the challenges of survival.
• Starvation, illness, loneliness, depression, alcoholism, drug addiction, suicide, insanity, trust issues. There’s more to zombie survival than shooting zombie heads off.
• Join your friends and survive the apocalypse together in co-op multiplayer.
• The world changes the longer you survive; power plants fail, plunging the city into darkness and making batteries and tinned food prized commodities. The army rolls into the streets to perform ‘clean up operations’ and other gamechanging events occur the longer you survive.
•Play in your browser, or stand-alone, on PC, Mac and Linux.[/release]
If you want to try out the game for free?
This is the demo and on their website at: [url]www.projectzomboid.com[/url]
You can buy their game and support their game.
I'd like to give a thank you to Samuka97 for letting me use his photobucket to use his Media sign. I'd also like to thank everyone for helping me finding cool videos to put it up here.
[editline]4th January 2012[/editline]
I really love the new lightning video! It's really fucking dark though.
I wish they would stop making all of their tech demos happen at night only. I would love to see how new lighting works in the sun.
That lighting looks sexy
Oh wow I haven't seen this game for a couple months now.
[QUOTE=theseltsamone;34038578]I wish they would stop making all of their tech demos happen at night only. I would love to see how new lighting works in the sun.[/QUOTE]
Well its more noticable in the night, unless your wanted like dark areas at different times of the day depending on the suns location.
The game looks pretty cool, especially the new lighting system and multiplayer. Will probably try to get it once I have some money.
The blue lightning on the flashlight makes everything seem more calm and sleepy :v:
[QUOTE=Samuka97;34039331]The game looks pretty cool, especially the new lighting system and [B]multiplayer[/B]. Will probably try to get it once I have some money.[/QUOTE]
[quote=OP]• Join your friends and survive the apocalypse together in co-op multiplayer.[/quote]
@ 3 minute mark you can see that the map has been expanded in the lighting engine video.
I've been following this game since last spring and it's coming along slowly but surely. It's true they had some hard times and serious problems, but I still believe, they will make this game come true. It's going to be so epic :v: I just wish they already released the update, we've been waiting for so long...
Its a planned feature...
[QUOTE=pip12345;34045636]Its a planned feature...[/QUOTE]
Oh, my bad then.
Beat my previous longest survival.
65 Days 21 Hours 20 Minutes. (Sort of)
Finally died of infection... oh well, at least I'll be the only zombie with a flashlight.
I survived for approx. 78 Days 10 Hours 20 Minutes.
Still waiting for an update for this.
Don't get me wrong, the game as it is was well worth my money, I just want a reason to go back and keep playing.
Was there an update? It's been almost a month or two since I've last played? I have it on desura.
oh man i thought it was pretty much dead (no pun intended) after they stole their work and everything
[QUOTE=mchapra;34113778]Was there an update? It's been almost a month or two since I've last played? I have it on desura.[/QUOTE]
It's not out yet, but they're working hard on it.
Erm..... Two threads?
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.