• Demon's Souls and Dark Souls Megathread; Dark Souls 2 is coming, prepare to die again
    18,559 replies, posted
[QUOTE=hakimhakim;41526722]For a warrior, the most important stat is resistance. You need to level up resistance so your character can take a lot of hits without dying. Notice how your HP drops too much when attacked? Resistance can fix that[/QUOTE] don't forget to put points in swimming [editline]19th July 2013[/editline] all your points
[QUOTE=aydin690;41526699]You guys didn't tell me which stat to level up? What am i supposed to focus on (i picked a warrior)?[/QUOTE] There's a button that tells you what each stat generally does, you probably want strength, dex, vitality, and endurance. It's all up to you though, there's not a "supre OP giude to winnin it all" [sp]Except dark magic[/sp] And resistance is extremely valuable or you'll die from poison so pour some points in that.
Yeeaahhh this is why I don't go to Facepunch for advice. :v:
Got invaded by terror itself tonight. [img]http://i.imgur.com/T10EdF3.jpg[/img] I think I'll stay hollow for a while. [editline]19th July 2013[/editline] Oh ya, does forwarding the GFWL ports do nothing now? I can barely find any invasions or summons after doing it.
[QUOTE=aydin690;41526699]You guys didn't tell me which stat to level up? What am i supposed to focus on (i picked a warrior)?[/QUOTE] Starting class means nothing beyond starting stats and gear. Level however you want. Level str or dex depending on your weapon preference, and level end and vitality for more stamina, equip load, and health. Upgrading your gear is important too, but if you just got to firelink you can't do that yet.
best starting class is bandit either way battle axe and spider shield, mmmmm
I came across this thing but i couldn't do anything with it, what is it? [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YRoVuSO.jpg[/IMG]
[QUOTE=aydin690;41528086]I came across this thing but i couldn't do anything with it, what is it? [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YRoVuSO.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE] When you killed it, it dropped things.
[QUOTE=dogmachines;41528091]When you killed it, it dropped things.[/QUOTE] Uh, what? Its legs were moving... The enemy dropped a diamond cockroach? [editline]20th July 2013[/editline] Also, i killed taurus demon and got to this point: [t]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577869232770471091/ED972561FD144E0B77F278677871629327B1DBB3/[/t] But since i didn't want to risk my 6000 souls i pussied out and used that bone thing to tp back to the last bone fire. Do i have to fight that dragon too?
[QUOTE=aydin690;41528106]Uh, what? Its legs were moving... The enemy dropped a diamond cockroach?[/QUOTE] I'll just spell it out then. That's a crystal lizard, killing it makes it drop twinkling titanite and other random titanite bits.
[QUOTE=dogmachines;41528132]I'll just spell it out then. That's a crystal lizard, killing it makes it drop twinkling titanite and other random titanite bits.[/QUOTE] I tried killing it but i don't think my swings hit it...
The dragon is to be avoided, not fought. There's a shortcut to the bonfire halfway across the bridge, the first time across the bridge the dragon won't attack until you get close. Open the shortcut so you can die without having to fight through everything again.
[QUOTE=aydin690;41528148]I tried killing it but i don't think my swings hit it...[/QUOTE] If you didn't kill it, it would have disappeared. If you did kill it, a message would pop up on the screen saying you acquired some Twinkling Titanite. Another way to check is by going into your inventory and looking at your inventory.
I fancy doing some forest PvP with someone, I can't be the host though. :(
[QUOTE=Lambadvanced;41525345]I murdered the black knight on top of the tower near where that boar mini-boss was, it was pretty hard but I did it. I also killed the other one, but that was pretty much me cheating because I attacked him through a door until he died[/QUOTE] Me and my buddy got them too, too bad neither of use can use it. [editline]20th July 2013[/editline] [QUOTE=aydin690;41528106]Uh, what? Its legs were moving... The enemy dropped a diamond cockroach? [editline]20th July 2013[/editline] Also, i killed taurus demon and got to this point: [t]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577869232770471091/ED972561FD144E0B77F278677871629327B1DBB3/[/t] But since i didn't want to risk my 6000 souls i pussied out and used that bone thing to tp back to the last bone fire. Do i have to fight that dragon too?[/QUOTE] You could've ran down the bridge half way and then turn right. There's a room which leads to a ladder which you can kick down and then you can use it to go straight down to the bonfire near the firebomb throwing fuckers.
I just got Dark Souls 2 days ago and I already have 30 hours into it, jesus christ.
[QUOTE=aydin690;41528106]Uh, what? Its legs were moving... The enemy dropped a diamond cockroach? [editline]20th July 2013[/editline] Also, i killed taurus demon and got to this point: [t]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577869232770471091/ED972561FD144E0B77F278677871629327B1DBB3/[/t] But since i didn't want to risk my 6000 souls i pussied out and used that bone thing to tp back to the last bone fire. Do i have to fight that dragon too?[/QUOTE] What Proch said. You just gotta run for it. Chances are you'll get hit, but it probably won't kill you. Probably. Equip your best fire resistance gear (it'd just be by like 2 or 3 points from dropped armors or whatever) just in case. You don't ever need to kill that dragon, but you can. It's hard, though. You can save it for way later.
[QUOTE=riku2211;41528886]What Proch said. You just gotta run for it. Chances are you'll get hit, but it probably won't kill you. Probably. Equip your best fire resistance gear (it'd just be by like 2 or 3 points from dropped armors or whatever) just in case. You don't ever need to kill that dragon, but you can. It's hard, though. You can save it for way later.[/QUOTE] You don't have to run. It wont attack until you reach the stairs.
I was recording a Sens Fortress race with a friend. First one to the roof bonfire with the lightning spear wins. He died twice and I was almost to the top with a commanding lead and noticed I forgot to hollow again. "I just noticed I'm human. I better not get invaded". Almost on cue, I hear the invasion 'whooooooooosh' sound. The guy was cosplaying a Fleshpound from Killing Floor with Iron Flesh, Havels Gauntlets, Traveling boots and the Thorn Helm. As soon as he raged (iron flesh wore off) he charged me and punched me to death with his lightning fists of pain. I lost the race and got a message from him that simply read, "ARGHAGRAGAHRH POUND ARGHARGHRGAHRARH"
[QUOTE=Don Knotts;41528965]I was recording a Sens Fortress race with a friend. First one to the roof bonfire with the lightning spear wins. He died twice and I was almost to the top with a commanding lead and noticed I forgot to hollow again. "I just noticed I'm human. I better not get invaded". Almost on cue, I hear the invasion 'whooooooooosh' sound. The guy was cosplaying a Fleshpound from Killing Floor with Iron Flesh, Havels Gauntlets and the Thorn Helm. As soon as he raged (iron flesh wore off) he charged me and punched me to death with his lightning fists of pain. I lost the race and got a message from him that simply read, "ARGHAGRAGAHRH POUND ARGHARGHRGAHRARH"[/QUOTE] You were blessed with the best cosPvP of all time.
Man, I am pissed tonight. I really needed help with biggie smalls so I spent like 20 minutes in the bonfire trying to summon literally every sign. Eventually, someone invades me and then kills me through a goddamn backstab, which one-hit kills me. I then had to waste another humanity go to back to being human and waited like another 15 minutes until he invades me AGAIN. However, at that point I was sick of his games, so I used the stone greatsword's special to slow him, then wailed on him with my zaphander and he died. At this point, I went and tried summoning some more, but literally every single one was not working, so I quit and here I am, complaining.
[QUOTE=Samiam22;41529414]Man, I am pissed tonight. I really needed help with biggie smalls so I spent like 20 minutes in the bonfire trying to summon literally every sign. Eventually, someone invades me and then kills me through a goddamn backstab, which one-hit kills me. I then had to waste another humanity go to back to being human and waited like another 15 minutes until he invades me AGAIN. However, at that point I was sick of his games, so I used the stone greatsword's special to slow him, then wailed on him with my zaphander and he died. At this point, I went and tried summoning some more, but literally every single one was not working, so I quit and here I am, complaining.[/QUOTE] Try port forwarding: [url]http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2909865[/url] Sometimes though the servers can just be terrible and not give you anything
[QUOTE=Samiam22;41529414]Man, I am pissed tonight. I really needed help with biggie smalls so I spent like 20 minutes in the bonfire trying to summon literally every sign. Eventually, someone invades me and then kills me through a goddamn backstab, which one-hit kills me. I then had to waste another humanity go to back to being human and waited like another 15 minutes until he invades me AGAIN. However, at that point I was sick of his games, so I used the stone greatsword's special to slow him, then wailed on him with my zaphander and he died. At this point, I went and tried summoning some more, but literally every single one was not working, so I quit and here I am, complaining.[/QUOTE] If you're still willing to play then I can help ya. I'm about SL60. I'm by the bonfire where Solaire is sitting. (right now I'm going out, will update post when I get back)
man Dark Bead is the most overpowered fucking thing in pvp
[QUOTE=Lukeo;41529421]Try port forwarding: [url]http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2909865[/url] Sometimes though the servers can just be terrible and not give you anything[/QUOTE] There ARE no servers. EVERYTHING is P2P. That's why it sucks.
I cannot for the life of me beat Ornstein and Smough solo. I have a lightning Iaito +1. It takes like ten minutes of frantic dodging to take out Ornstein and then Super Smough loses the ability that makes him easy:bleeding. And don't even get me started on his lightning ass stomp because that's fucking ridiculous.
[QUOTE=Fuzzwaddle;41529976]I cannot for the life of me beat Ornstein and Smough solo. I have a lightning Iaito +1. It takes like ten minutes of frantic dodging to take out Ornstein and then Super Smough loses the ability that makes him easy:bleeding. And don't even get me started on his lightning ass stomp because that's fucking ridiculous.[/QUOTE] What SL are you, I'll hop on so you can summon me.
i really fucking hate the undead dogs
[QUOTE=Fuzzwaddle;41529976]I cannot for the life of me beat Ornstein and Smough solo. I have a lightning Iaito +1. It takes like ten minutes of frantic dodging to take out Ornstein and then Super Smough loses the ability that makes him easy:bleeding. And don't even get me started on his lightning ass stomp because that's fucking ridiculous.[/QUOTE] Super Smough is much easier than Super Ornstein imo how can you not dodge the ass stomp
[QUOTE=Fuzzwaddle;41529976]I cannot for the life of me beat Ornstein and Smough solo. I have a lightning Iaito +1. It takes like ten minutes of frantic dodging to take out Ornstein and then Super Smough loses the ability that makes him easy:bleeding. And don't even get me started on his lightning ass stomp because that's fucking ridiculous.[/QUOTE] You'd probably have an easier time if you downgraded that to an iaito +10
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.