• Dwarf Fortress v14 - Clean Socks Save Lives
    4,081 replies, posted
Any advice on how to adventure mode? All I've done is the normal DF
My dwarves wont place any stone in my new stone stockpiles. Any ideas for troubleshooting?
[QUOTE=extremist18;34378892]My dwarves wont place any stone in my new stone stockpiles. Any ideas for troubleshooting?[/QUOTE] Yes. Use a 1 tile size garbage dump instead of stockpiles.
Is there a way to automatically put stone in a dump?
[QUOTE=Orkel;34378918]Yes. Use a 1 tile size garbage dump instead of stockpiles.[/QUOTE] Cheating. Craft your excess stone into near-worthless trinkets and baubles like a man.
"his guts is fractured" Oh god what.
snip
[QUOTE=johnlukeg;34379017]Cheating. Craft your excess stone into near-worthless trinkets and baubles like a [B]dwarf[/B].[/QUOTE] ftfy
Pickriddles is full of fuck. We got raided by sasquatches. They smashed our trade depot, killed a wood cutter and our trade appraiser, then proceeded to rip the hands and feet off of the members of an Elven caravan that just arrived before savagely beating them to death. No idea why. They were pretty peaceful when we first started. I've gotten everybody inside and have locked the gates. Nothing gets in or out. Our senior gem cutter went insane because of the death of the appraiser and stomped some cats to death. Miasma is everywhere. Tantrum spiral is imminent. Meanwhile, our dogs are fighting with racoons that are running around in the woods. We've had bodies laying around the fort now for five years that nobody's bothered to clean up or salvage. Thank god we make coffins and caskets for our sustenance. [editline]25th January 2012[/editline] Now, our apprentice bone carver and senior gem cutter are apparently working in tandem. The bone carver has lost his mind and is strangling dogs. [editline]25th January 2012[/editline] Fort's fucked. Everybody started murdering each other and everything in sight. The only person that escaped immediate death was the gem cutter, but he froze out in the woods. I love DF.
What time is it? Time to try and mod in aboveground silk sources, a subterranean source of ivory, and a source of pearls that actually exist.
[QUOTE=LunchboxOfDoom;34379549]Pickriddles is full of fuck. We got raided by sasquatches. They smashed our trade depot, killed a wood cutter and our trade appraiser, then proceeded to rip the hands and feet off of the members of an Elven caravan that just arrived before savagely beating them to death. No idea why. They were pretty peaceful when we first started. I've gotten everybody inside and have locked the gates. Nothing gets in or out. Our senior gem cutter went insane because of the death of the appraiser and stomped some cats to death. Miasma is everywhere. Tantrum spiral is imminent. Meanwhile, our dogs are fighting with racoons that are running around in the woods. We've had bodies laying around the fort now for five years that nobody's bothered to clean up or salvage. Thank god we make coffins and caskets for our sustenance. [editline]25th January 2012[/editline] Now, our apprentice bone carver and senior gem cutter are apparently working in tandem. The bone carver has lost his mind and is strangling dogs. [editline]25th January 2012[/editline] Fort's fucked. Everybody started murdering each other and everything in sight. The only person that escaped immediate death was the gem cutter, but he froze out in the woods. I love DF.[/QUOTE] This is the true essence of Dwarf Fortress. NOW DO IT ALL AGAIN
[QUOTE=Canuhearme?;34380263]What time is it? Time to try and mod in aboveground silk sources, a subterranean source of ivory, and a source of pearls that actually exist.[/QUOTE] Aboveground silk: Add it in as gnome beards that you can harvest if you kill and butcher them. Subterranean ivory: Cave elephants (GOOD LORD) Pearls: uh... Titan material?
I'm still adamant on trying to get a DF Succession game going. Unfortunately, I have the feeling that nobody would care/would back out in the middle of their turn... again. [editline]24th January 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Sector 7;34380444]Aboveground silk: Add it in as gnome beards that you can harvest if you kill and butcher them. Subterranean ivory: Cave elephants (GOOD LORD) Pearls: uh... Titan material?[/QUOTE] Elephantmen? [disgusting image of the Elephant man goes here]
[QUOTE=Sector 7;34380444]Aboveground silk: Add it in as gnome beards that you can harvest if you kill and butcher them. Subterranean ivory: Cave elephants (GOOD LORD) Pearls: uh... Titan material?[/QUOTE] [B]Silk[/B]: Thinking of something to add to hives since, you know, there's currently only bees (and let's face it, they're kinda eh as is.) Would give people reason to make hive farms again. [B]Ivory[/B]: I was thinking of Cave Elephants, or maybe a massive toothy worm with a gaping maw of 4-6 tusks connected with flesh (sorta like a massive bloodworm.) [img]http://www.lifesci.ucsb.edu/mcdb/labs/waite/research/biotools/worm.jpg[/img] this little bastard [B]Pearls[/B]: Probably will be either giant cave clams (both standard and black pearl variety) or a sort of animal when slain and butchered produces dozens of pearls, probably an herbivore (could be tamed/domesticated) that consumes large amounts of cave moss at any one time (along with the ground in the process,) keeps the irritant soil in it's gullet and thus forms pearls that way.
[QUOTE=Dacheet;34380475]I'm still adamant on trying to get a DF Succession game going. Unfortunately, I have the feeling that nobody would care/would back out in the middle of their turn... again. [/QUOTE] I would care but I am awful at this game and I will probably destroy the fortress on my turn without accomplishing anything
[QUOTE=Dacheet;34380475]I'm still adamant on trying to get a DF Succession game going. Unfortunately, I have the feeling that nobody would care/would back out in the middle of their turn... again. [editline]24th January 2012[/editline] Elephantmen? [disgusting image of the Elephant man goes here][/QUOTE] I'd play it. I'm pretty good at DF too.
I'd play it. Prepare for a ton of smoothing and migrant masons though.
will building destroyers target floodgates?
I'd play but the problem I find is that there is often little to do in the later turns other than to just let it tick over. You have to get pretty lucky in locations of individual ambitions to get a good game going.
[QUOTE=extremist18;34381772]will building destroyers target floodgates?[/QUOTE] yep. Just had a fortress I sealed with floodgates, trolls went right through them.
I've never played far enough to encounter "fun" yet, reading boatmurdered though was probably the funniest and by far the most amazing video-game story i've read/heard.
Classwork...take up DF again...classwork....take up DF again....classwork......new fortress it is. Can't wait for all the "fun" that always comes with a first fortress after not playing in months.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/caM45.png[/IMG] Interesting.
I would do a succession game even though i'm not that good at dwarf fortress i don't think (i can at least work everything) Writing up the story would be fun, but you would have to choose an interesting start location so everyone has something to do and we would need someone to organise everything.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/o0pGB.png[/img] I win
Devlog [quote]Lots of drop the spear, come back, get the spear today. And drop the backpack, leave, come back, see if there are still objects contained inside. You can now place a dagger, say, out in the woods far from any site and find it later on. Your adventurers that get jumped out in the wilderness will also have findable remains/objects that you can go grab in your next game or embark upon with your dwarves.[/quote]
I wouldn't mind taking part in a succession, but the main issue is the location that everyone would want, and keeping everyone to time limits (the sort of issue I'd have) Fuck, had left the page on my PC 3 hours ago and forgot :v: [QUOTE=Orkel;34386506]Devlog[/QUOTE] Wonder if they'll rob items that you leave, too. You could leave a load of armour out, come around later and see if the locals have robbed it.
[QUOTE=Orkel;34386506]Devlog[/QUOTE] This just makes the idea of artifacts changing owners in the legends mode even more exciting.
I hope this means that exploring an old fort in adventure mode won't have your fort's items scattered all over the landscape but they stay at their original locations.
[QUOTE=Orkel;34388000]I hope this means that exploring an old fort in adventure mode won't have your fort's items scattered all over the landscape but they stay at their original locations.[/QUOTE] Imagine making a levers puzzle in your fortress for an adventurer that leads to a treasure chamber with a suit of adamantine armour and assorted weapons. :)
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.