• Dwarf Fortress v14 - Clean Socks Save Lives
    4,081 replies, posted
[del]Maybe the trainable tag is conflicting with another (exotic mount comes to mind)?[/del] Nevermind.
Dropping caged deer from several z levels up onto spikes shatters them into pieces, and has their head and legs on different floors. Conclusion: deer are bouncy.
[QUOTE=extremist18;34466792]Dropping caged deer from several z levels up onto spikes shatters them into pieces, and has their head and legs on different floors. Conclusion: deer are bouncy.[/QUOTE] perhaps your deer are freezing in midair from the cold try dropping them into lava instead
welp. 40 dwarves, acid wyvern comes in and kills all the militia and all the miners. rest have gone insane or are throwing tantrums. ABANDON FORTRESS.
holy shit :suicide: the game decided that I needed about 25 more dwarves, I only had 15 before. I'm fucked, really, I mean I have enough food and they're useful but I only have two miners to make the barracks. EDIT: FUCK one of my dwarves just adopted a cat right before I was setting it to get butchered. EDIT: WHY OH GOD ONe of my weaponsmiths got possessed and I don't have anything for her to make shit with
[QUOTE=war_man333;34463028]how do turrets work in masterwork?[/QUOTE] They spit bullets/fire/whatever else.
20 minutes ingame afther the old one came. They really dont give up... [img]http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/466/20120131001412.png[/img] WHY DO THEY ALWAYS GO FOR MY MINERS JESUS. Only two miners died anyway so i guess that ok.
Fuck it, I'm letting all of them die. removing beds so they die of exhaustion.
Slaughtering animals is strange in this game, I designate a horse foal, the message pops up and all i see is half of my fortress rush in and grab a handful of the fat, organs, skin and meat to put in a stockpile and carry on like normal afterwards.
Danger rooms are so cheap. Which is exactly why I love them so much.
Finally, they all have perished. It took way too long, while I was murdering them two huge waves of migrants came and I had to kill them too.
Two of my dwarves went insane, and one suicided Unfortunately the second is a miner, and he has many friends.How can I get rid of him without anyone knowing?
Can someone explain the danger room to a laydwarf like myself? The wiki confused me, what with the clock timers and the dwarf logic gates...
[QUOTE=Dacheet;34470021]Can someone explain the danger room to a laydwarf like myself? The wiki confused me, what with the clock timers and the dwarf logic gates...[/QUOTE] 1. Make room 2. Make wooden spears 3. Fill room with weapon traps using wooden spears 4. Hook all the traps up to a lever 5. Fill the room with dwarves 6. Set 'pull lever' to repeat 7. Dwarves come out men. On a side note, lets say I wanted to make a world with lava oceans. How would I go about that?
[QUOTE=Dacheet;34470021]Can someone explain the danger room to a laydwarf like myself? The wiki confused me, what with the clock timers and the dwarf logic gates...[/QUOTE] Just make a room with a door, lay a bunch of upright weapon traps and rig them to a lever. You don't need any fancy shit, just stick all your trainees into the room, lock it and assign a dorf to repeat pulling th lever. Nvm, sniped :(
[QUOTE=DTkach;34469929]Danger rooms are so cheap. Which is exactly why I love them so much.[/QUOTE] They're perfectly fine. It's either that or training a military for 5+ years just to have them be competent.
I just lost a dwarf to impalement via oaken training spear. I am saddened and disappointed in my dwarves. :(
[QUOTE=Dacheet;34470611]I just lost a dwarf to impalement via oaken training spear. I am saddened and disappointed in my dwarves. :([/QUOTE] This is why you should always wear shoes in the danger room.
[QUOTE=Dacheet;34470611]I just lost a dwarf to impalement via oaken training spear. I am saddened and disappointed in my dwarves. :([/QUOTE] make sure there are no dwarven mothers, and set doors to Not Pet passable. Alternatively, look on the wiki.
Lost a bowyer to a fey mood, he didn't claim a workshop so i kinda forgot about him after a while. :v: At least i had fun watching everyone invade the room i locked him in for bits of clothing. The only thing is my Gemcutter wants rock bars (which apparently means metal bars) and i've only [i]just[/i] found metal, hopefully i can get some charcoal and get the workshops up in time.
[QUOTE=Neo Kabuto;34470743]This is why you should always wear shoes in the danger room.[/QUOTE] I've had dwarves in full adamantine plate armor die in my danger room. [I]Nobody is safe.[/I]
[QUOTE=Teh Zip File;34471002]I've had dwarves in full adamantine plate armor die in my danger room. [I]Nobody is safe.[/I][/QUOTE] Make a 6x6 danger room. Make all of the spear traps wooden except for one, which is masterwork adamantine.
hmm, a king arrived and it bugged out on me or something. I can't give him anything he requires because he dosen't show up on the list. He does however show up on my animal list, so I can throw him in a pit or chain him up if I want. Anyone else have this happen to them?
[QUOTE=Canuhearme?;34471026]Make a 6x6 danger room. Make all of the spear traps wooden except for one, which is masterwork adamantine.[/QUOTE] Dwarven Roulette? If you win, you get stronger. If you lose...
Another Goblin Assault My Dwarves don't have any weapons and the only water source is outside What should I do?
So I finally got to put the steroid dwarves to the test, as a double goblin ambush attacked when we let a caravan in. [img]http://i.imgur.com/nUm0x.png[/img] [video=youtube;6ziKnyvBZks]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ziKnyvBZks[/video]
[QUOTE=superstepa;34471468]Another Goblin Assault My Dwarves don't have any weapons and the only water source is outside What should I do?[/QUOTE] If you don't think it's cheating, just wall in from the goblins, and if you're not at the caverns yet, you should be able to find water there, although there's other dangers.
when i make long elaborate traps and systems i touch myself uncontrollably
I don't play DF but I occasionally lurk the DF forums and this thread. The shit you guys go through is fucking hilarious. This game is amazing.
today i had an elven caravan come to my depot i walled them off until they went insane one elf attacked his horse and beat all its limbs off until it was in a coma and spewing blood everywhere [editline]30th January 2012[/editline] i will get a pic hold on [editline]30th January 2012[/editline] [IMG]http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/6948/gibsbsbsbsbs.jpg[/IMG] aftermath also my dwarves took all the elven stuff and for some reason put it on the opposite side of my mass stockpile, away from their goods :v:
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.