• Dwarf Fortress v14 - Clean Socks Save Lives
    4,081 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Funion;34472035]today i had an elven caravan come to my depot i walled them off until they went insane one elf attacked his horse and beat all its limbs off until it was in a coma and spewing blood everywhere [editline]30th January 2012[/editline] i will get a pic hold on [editline]30th January 2012[/editline] [IMG]http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/6948/gibsbsbsbsbs.jpg[/IMG] aftermath also my dwarves took all the elven stuff and for some reason put it on the opposite side of my mass stockpile, away from their goods :v:[/QUOTE] mean Alright ima start a new adventurer then right a story depicting his life as said adventurer. Chances are he'l get killed by bogeymen on the first night.
How can I autoequip my military with the best weapons available? And how do you use DwarfTheraphist for modifying labors? I can't find such option anywhere
Having been plagued by an endless stream of goblin ambushes and sieges, I have decided that my military's current losses are unsustainable. I have begun a project to dig down until I find a metal more hardy than iron. ~ 40 floors down, I have discovered an enormous cavern. Metal content is minimal but giant cave spider counts are exceeding expectations. A wall has been erected and the cave will be explored in due time, but the metal hunt takes priority. ~ My crafty dwarves outsmarted me and hunters are making attempts to slay the giant cave spiders. Hunting trip unsuccessful, Lor Emuthgoden has perished. ~ Oh god half the fortress is down here trying to pick up various good scattered about what are they doing ~ they're all trapped in webs oh no sending on the military ~ in true dwarven fashion, my miners are still carrying on with the downward passage around z-level ~30 with nothing but some lousy gems one of the miners also had to beat a hungry head to death ~ [img]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg267/scaled.php?server=267&filename=finecraftskiller.png&res=medium[/img] Behold, the beast is slain! ~ Warm stone located at z-level 10 If nothing else I may be able to pull a magma forge out of this situation. Construction begins on expansion of the floor. ~ Carefully navigating around the warm stone to see how deep I can get. I have lowered the mining operation 4 staircases lower. Still no sign of the adamantine I seek. ~ A blind cave ogre has begun a barbaric conquest through my mining team. Military inbound. ~ I don't know what a crundle is but those are attacking alongside a giant cave swallow This military venture might end up costing more lives than it was meant to save ~~ Situation is under control. Mining expedition has reached -2. Still no sign of anything useful. Scratch that, -2 consists of semi molten rock. Don't think it's possible to go further. I guess I'll spread out mining passages along -1 in search of adamantine. ~ Raw Adamantine! Praise the miners!
[QUOTE=Goofa;34473466] I don't know what a crundle is[/QUOTE] I could tell you, but even I am not that sadistic.
[QUOTE=Teh Zip File;34467983]They spit bullets/fire/whatever else.[/QUOTE] they're self-supplied?
So if your civ doesn't have a king or queen, what happens when you fulfil the king/queen conditions?
-snip late-
My adveturer just died because he could not breathe be cause he landed on his head when he ran away from bogeyman,Oh dwarf fortress where you die from landing 1z level
Devlog [quote]The squid/octo ink clouds and cuttlefish sepia ink clouds and a new hide effect finish off the work on sponsorship creatures, at least for this release. We'll add more critter properties in the future as it comes up. We've got crayon art to draw tomorrow, and the usual month endiness.[/quote]
[QUOTE=war_man333;34476528]they're self-supplied?[/QUOTE] Yes they are basically animals as dwarfs can some time bring a pet turret during migrant waves. Also because they spit and don't shoot like bows and crossbows they will not fire through fortifications and do not have dwarfs near it when it fires as they might get caught in whatever it spits out(fucking lost my oldest and best axe-dwarf to a hellfire turret. It was promptly thrown into a Volcano). They are rather weak but depending on the type they can take on anything from just a couple of goblins to a couple of sieges/ambushes if you uses them right.
just hit a giant cavern with adamantine jutting out of the walls TIME TO SAVE will post results later [editline]31st January 2012[/editline] all i can say is that i am glad i saved
Just got a nation called, "Kingdom of the Sun." [img]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/290/c/2/praise_the_sun_by_isvoc-d4d3r9x.png[/img]
[QUOTE=Canuhearme?;34480262]Just got a nation called, "Kingdom of the Sun."[/QUOTE] What self respecting Dwarves would respect the sun? The sun is something for elves and humans. True dwarves puke everywhere just looking at it.
[QUOTE=RearAdmiral;34480341]What self respecting Dwarves would respect the sun? The sun is something for elves and humans. True dwarves puke everywhere just looking at it.[/QUOTE] I've, err, been playing as humans.
Its been over a year and neither humans, elves, or my dwarven homeland has come to trade. I'm quite worried, especially since I was fast approaching the requirements to become the Mountainhome Capital. [editline]31st January 2012[/editline] Also: because everyone who plays DF should see this classic: [img]http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/9467/bronzecollossusbunnies.png[/img]
Zombies just killed 'the Air Man' (man who could manipulate the wind apparently) by ripping his head of, holy shit, I don't want to go outside.
[QUOTE=Canuhearme?;34480382]I've, err, been playing as humans.[/QUOTE] FILTH better than elves though, at least humans trade useful things
[QUOTE=war_man333;34481859]Zombies just killed 'the Air Man' (man who could manipulate the wind apparently) by ripping his head of, holy shit, I don't want to go outside.[/QUOTE] If you are using the masterwork mod like I suspect you are I suggest disabling zombies unless you have countless weapons traps or countless suicidal dwarfs because only chopping off the head will kill it.
[QUOTE=war_man333;34481859]Zombies just killed 'the Air Man' (man who could manipulate the wind apparently) by ripping his head of, holy shit, I don't want to go outside.[/QUOTE] By "manipulate wind" it really means "puffs out flames and sets everything on fire".
[QUOTE=Canuhearme?;34480262]Just got a nation called, "Kingdom of the Sun."[/QUOTE] my current area is called The Land of Justice. I'd be incredibly amused if I were invaded by bat men once I reach the caverns. The world is also called "The Eternal Dawn-Domain"
"Oh, building in an aquifer shouldn't be hard..." 2 hours later "Yeah, I'm good. let's just dig a bit deeper so I can get some coal and iron..." 15 minutes later "OH GOD WHY IS EVERYTHING WATER"
How do I make sure my dwarf army wears certain things?
Dwarven cooking, truly a marvellous thing. Now I want some. [img]http://i.imgur.com/2fJEV.png[/img]
"You can take the sunshine..."
[QUOTE=Devodiere;34486014]Dwarven cooking, truly a marvellous thing. Now I want some. [img]http://i.imgur.com/2fJEV.png[/img][/QUOTE] I was going to ask how, but that's a bad question to ask a dorf.
[QUOTE=Devodiere;34486014]Dwarven cooking, truly a marvellous thing. Now I want some. [img]http://i.imgur.com/2fJEV.png[/img][/QUOTE] Dwarven cooking: Alcohol and optimism.
Why are dwarves born with a beard, moustache, and sideburns? I kept thinking i was looking at the wrong person but i realized the mother wouldn't have them.
[QUOTE=Walrus.;34486241]Why are dwarves born with a beard, moustache, and sideburns? I kept thinking i was looking at the wrong person but i realized the mother wouldn't have them.[/QUOTE] Because they are dwarves!
[QUOTE=Walrus.;34486241]Why are dwarves born with a beard, moustache, and sideburns? I kept thinking i was looking at the wrong person but i realized the mother wouldn't have them.[/QUOTE] Humans are covered in hair when in the womb, though it disappears (save the top of the head), so it only stands to reckon that Dwarves are even hairier and it doesn't all go away.
Guys, remember: [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hGIfr.jpg[/IMG]
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.