• Warhammer 40K Megathread V2: Matt Ward for Spiritual Liege 2012
    1,491 replies, posted
I think the title should be GW has the BEST CUSTOMER SUPPORT EVER. Just emailed them about a finecast miscast, all they really need is the batch number and they pretty much will send you a replacement. [editline]6th January 2012[/editline] Also my friend was in store complaining about his miscast, the staff told him to buy some greenstuff (which is the "official" position) and he stormed out after yelling about never buying product again. The manager cut him off and gave him a model. Support the customers :D
[QUOTE=suppertime;34079585]I think the title should be GW has the BEST CUSTOMER SUPPORT EVER. Just emailed them about a finecast miscast, all they really need is the batch number and they pretty much will send you a replacement. [editline]6th January 2012[/editline] Also my friend was in store complaining about his miscast, the staff told him to buy some greenstuff (which is the "official" position) and he stormed out after yelling about never buying product again. The manager cut him off and gave him a model. Support the customers :D[/QUOTE] What is defined as a "miscast"? The store I go to has a Yarrick model that I have been looking at for a while but he has a hole on his leg or something that could be filled with greenstuff. Can I buy it and tell GW to send me a second one? :v:
[QUOTE=Bonde;34074619]The army should be painted in dark blue, with a subtle amount of Alfa Legion symbols (snakes) [/quote] I think it's actually a Hydra.
[QUOTE=CommanderPT;34079741]What is defined as a "miscast"? The store I go to has a Yarrick model that I have been looking at for a while but he has a hole on his leg or something that could be filled with greenstuff. Can I buy it and tell GW to send me a second one? :v:[/QUOTE] Depends, you might get away with it, but the official position is that "there will be some holes and crap blah blah blah by the way we have this dandy product to fix those" The customer support is more for really big problems. Like a Powersword that ends in a hook, needless to say my friend has a powersword/scythesword thing going on. [editline]6th January 2012[/editline] ALSO you can't use greenstuff on the finecast plastic, the "liquid greenstuff" that GW sells is just model filler. I haven't tried the testor shit but $2 tube versus $5 pot of LGS... Actually that isn't that bad... It's not like normal GS versus mighty putty which saves you enough to buy a battleforce or two...
How does this sound? Chaplain with JP 10 assault infantry 10 barebones tactical with the neccessary HW 5 scout snipers with telion 10 Sternguard melta vets with drop pod Razorback Vindicator Land Raider /w MM 3 bikes, 2 with flamers assault MM bike
[QUOTE=gamerman345;34083061]How does this sound? Chaplain with JP 10 assault infantry 10 barebones tactical with the neccessary HW 5 scout snipers with telion 10 Sternguard melta vets with drop pod Razorback Vindicator Land Raider /w MM 3 bikes, 2 with flamers assault MM bike[/QUOTE] What's the LR for?
[QUOTE=Etcetera;34083155]What's the LR for?[/QUOTE] I was thinking that it could soak up some firepower, but now that you mention it I am not 100% certain its going to be much use. Having no proper armour makes me nervous :c
[QUOTE=gamerman345;34083599]I was thinking that it could soak up some firepower, but now that you mention it I am not 100% certain its going to be much use. Having no proper armour makes me nervous :c[/QUOTE] Get another Vindicator, apparently they work great in pairs. I have two myself, but my army's scheme consistently changes, and they're both still in the basecoat phase.
My lord of change arrived today. :D
[QUOTE=Wingedwizard;34084429]My lord of change arrived today. :D[/QUOTE] I ordered one but I got a great unclean one. I guess it [b]changed[/b] [sp]not really but I couldn't resist[/sp] Are you planning on playing with it? Or is it just a show-model?
Perhaps. My LGS isn't really competitive at all, and we throw lists together when we get there, so it is a defiant yes. It may have a place for a thought out list though. Somewhere along the line of Gift of chaos spam, because the sorcerers are going to be so close.
I never thought I would say that about Imperial Guard but those mutherfuckers are badass! [img_thumb]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_J8SiPeXj7ws/TScY4RPIOPI/AAAAAAAAAr0/YQWIqrSgbQg/s1600/_MG_6672.JPG[/img_thumb]
[QUOTE=Jack Trades;34085188]I never thought I would say that about Imperial Guard[/QUOTE] DKoK or not, Imperial Guardsmen are nothing but badasses.
[QUOTE=Wingedwizard;34085324]DKoK or not, Imperial Guardsmen are nothing but badasses.[/QUOTE] Agreed. As far as looks go, DKoK, Steel Legion and Vostoyans take it but pretty much Guardsmen as a whole are badass. Makes me miss the Lost and the Damned.
[QUOTE=Wingedwizard;34085324]DKoK or not, Imperial Guardsmen are nothing but badasses.[/QUOTE] I disagree, IG are a bunch of cowards in tincans armed with laser pointers. I think than DKoK are awesome because they just don't give a shit about anything. [editline]7th January 2012[/editline] Even though they're still IG.
[QUOTE=Jack Trades;34085511]I disagree, IG are a bunch of cowards[/QUOTE] Stat wise, yes. Fluff wise they are badasses. [QUOTE=Jack Trades;34085511]in tincans armed with laser pointers[/QUOTE] [img]http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m340116a_99120105045_IGPunisher_873x627.jpg[/img] WHATS THAT? LASCANNONS GLANCE ON 5+?
[QUOTE=Wingedwizard;34085571] [img]http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m340116a_99120105045_IGPunisher_873x627.jpg[/img] WHATS THAT? LASCANNONS GLANCE ON 5+?[/QUOTE] They do have amazing thanks though (as long as you don't deep strike Necron Lords behind them to slice off their barrels in one hit) but their infantry is laughable. I didn't get a chance to face Karskins or Ogryns though. [editline]7th January 2012[/editline] To me, standard IG army takes a second place on sillyness and goofiness just below Orcs.
[QUOTE=Jack Trades;34085648]deep strike Necron Lords behind them[/QUOTE] Area denial with standard guardsmen?
[QUOTE=Wingedwizard;34085685]Area denial with standard guardsmen?[/QUOTE] Yeh, definitely. I just remembered one of my matches where I had a Necron Lord full of gear and he almost single-handedly annihilated an IG army by deep striking behind it, destroying the tank and making Guardsmen lose their moral checks. I think that was the fastest win I ever got, that was one lucky deep strike though.
[QUOTE=Jack Trades;34085648]They do have amazing thanks though (as long as you don't deep strike Necron Lords behind them to slice off their barrels in one hit) but their infantry is laughable. I didn't get a chance to face Karskins or Ogryns though. [editline]7th January 2012[/editline] To me, standard IG army takes a second place on sillyness and goofiness just below Orcs.[/QUOTE] You havent seen someone use three hundred guardsmen in a 2000 point game have you? Shit is god damn horrifying until you realize you kill them by the tens with a single marine. Fucking conscripts man, and if they have commissars they are unbreakable.
If you ask me, the fact that IG armies are so poorly equipped in relation to other 40k armies is what makes them badass. Especially when you consider the fact that they don't lose all the time. PDF forces, on the other hands? cowards and incompetents.
A blob of guardsmen on the tabletop can be terrifying as it is entirely probable that you simply can't kill all of them, meaning they will drown you by sheer weight of numbers in combat. That commissar that can keep spawning endless waves of conscripts makes this ten times worse.
[QUOTE=WilhelmScreamer;34086429]A blob of guardsmen on the tabletop can be terrifying as it is entirely probable that you simply can't kill all of them, meaning they will drown you by sheer weight of numbers in combat. That commissar that can keep spawning endless waves of conscripts makes this ten times worse.[/QUOTE] There's a commissar that can do that? But that aside, I'd introduce my friends, Plague Marines with Flamers. They'll be here shortly.
[QUOTE=cyclocius;34086655]There's a commissar that can do that? But that aside, I'd introduce my friends, Plague Marines with Flamers. They'll be here shortly.[/QUOTE] Isnt a commissar, I think he's a platoon comm, or company comm. It's Commander Chenkov.
Chenkov does give a Kill Point through use of his ability. It just doesn't matter, since all your shit is tarpitted, and the Basilisks fuck you up.
Going off the current discussion for a sec. I just remembered the time some guy at my GW killed THREE TERMINATORS WITH ONE BARBED STRANGLER. Those were good times, we all high fived him, and he got a $0.01 gift voucher. The voucher was literally the manager saying "You need a reward" and pulling out a penny.
[QUOTE=Broguts;34087012]Isnt a commissar, I think he's a platoon comm, or company comm. It's Commander Chenkov.[/QUOTE] Just read it, he just picks up old squads, if the squad is killed his ability is useless.
[QUOTE=Jack Trades;34085511]I disagree, IG are a bunch of cowards in tincans armed with laser pointers. I think than DKoK are awesome because they just don't give a shit about anything. [editline]7th January 2012[/editline] Even though they're still IG.[/QUOTE] Um... have you ever watched an IG batrep? Or an Ork batrep? Orks especially... BS2? AHAA!! But yeah, tarpit armies play the objectives not the opposing army. Seriously, I've watched orks get blasted to smithereens but oh look, you don't control anything? Shame. Guess the orks win again.... IG is like orks with super reliable armor. There's a reason why leafblower lists exist.
What are your guys' thoughts on Ogryns? I feel like they could use some more fan-fluff.
[QUOTE=eatdembeanz;34088038]What are your guys' thoughts on Ogryns? I feel like they could use some more fan-fluff.[/QUOTE] They're hilarious but they do not perform well on the battlefield
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.