• Warhammer 40K Megathread V2: Matt Ward for Spiritual Liege 2012
    1,491 replies, posted
[QUOTE=suppertime;34024909]Also there is still a somewhat mindless necron army... you know, the ones who have their personalities wiped and they only seek to kill other necron leaders, wipe more necrons and absorb them into a larger army with the sole goal of collecting every single necron (gotta catch 'em all) and killing every single non-necron (noncron)[/QUOTE] I like the new codex but that's like saying "hey, just because GW retconned 50% of the Space Marines into women doesn't mean you can't run an all-man chapter!" [editline]3rd January 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Boba_Fett;34026736][img]http://images.4chan.org/tg/src/1325538993819.gif[/img] Spiritual liege.[/QUOTE] lol hotlinking from 4chan
As far as fluff goes, anybody have anything on the Elysian Drop Troops? They seem like an interesting IG planet and I'd like to know what you guys know about them that isn't in the Lexicanum. Give me your secret knowledge.
[QUOTE=L_Dawg;34029570]As far as fluff goes, anybody have anything on the Elysian Drop Troops? They seem like an interesting IG planet and I'd like to know what you guys know about them that isn't in the Lexicanum. Give me your secret knowledge.[/QUOTE] They are covered in the book a little bit. (Other than the imperial armour books) Wrong book, was Dark apostle.
[QUOTE=L_Dawg;34029570]As far as fluff goes, anybody have anything on the Elysian Drop Troops? They seem like an interesting IG planet and I'd like to know what you guys know about them that isn't in the Lexicanum. Give me your secret knowledge.[/QUOTE] They always lose [editline]3rd January 2012[/editline] Which is why the next Imperial Armour is interesting. Imperium usually gets fucked in those + it's about Elysians IIRC, so it should be a double-loss, but they're fighting against Eldar who are buttfucked from here to eternity.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DuoNhl.jpg[/IMG] Can someone explain this to me? I don't get it. (The part about it making no sense)
well warhammer is pants on head retarded.
Why a Chaos Marine and a Flayed one though?
[QUOTE=suppertime;34023987]Ye...no...ohgoddontkillme! [editline]2nd January 2012[/editline] Also, I hope that orks are updated after the eldar... 4e rules make me sad[/QUOTE] I could not possibly agree more. Orks are no longer the close-combat monsters they used to be with their whopping Initiative of 2. I also hear 6th is going to have some interesting wound allocation rules, but it sounds more like wishful thinking than anything. Apparantley, YOU decide where every 5th wound goes, but if it's a Sniper you get to decide where every 2nd wound goes (if you're the shooter).
A robot who's obsessed in making a frock out of living things skins. A ten foot tall man mountain donned in power armour of the badass variety worshipping gods who like nothing more than to see them die in new and interesting ways. As a basic military unit. Yeah! makes sense.
Well, yeah it does kind of make sense. I don't see any internal contradictions at least.
[QUOTE=thisguy123;34030099]A robot who's obsessed in making a frock out of living things skins. A ten foot tall man mountain donned in power armour of the badass variety worshipping gods who like nothing more than to see them die in new and interesting ways. As a basic military unit. Yeah! makes sense.[/QUOTE] Necrons aren't robots.
[QUOTE=LuaChobo;34027438]Got bored of Dawn of War 2 and downloaded Dark Crusade. Yeah um, this is fucking hard. Maps are massive and there are so many units, i dont even know what im doing after doing the tutorials.[/QUOTE] Tell you what, I got utterly stuck with Necrons on the very first Chaos region. Getting the resurrection orb for the Necron Lord makes things hilarious though
[QUOTE=LuaChobo;34027438]Got bored of Dawn of War 2 and downloaded Dark Crusade. Yeah um, this is fucking hard. Maps are massive and there are so many units, i dont even know what im doing after doing the tutorials.[/QUOTE] Oh, Dark Crusade is THE shit. Download this for even better, close-to-codex experience. [url]http://www.moddb.com/mods/dawn-of-warhammer-40k-firestorm-over-kronus[/url] Password is "red unz goes fasta!", you'll know when you need it.
[QUOTE=nightlord;34029713][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DuoNhl.jpg[/IMG] Can someone explain this to me? I don't get it. (The part about it making no sense)[/QUOTE] It's a motivational picture, it's bound to be stupid. [editline]3rd January 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=gufu;34022617][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/I1uBl.png[/IMG] Low-saturation WH40k pictures look awesome for backgrounds.[/QUOTE] Nicely done. [editline]3rd January 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=Zezibesh;34029144]lol hotlinking from 4chan[/QUOTE] I usually just find the images and save them in my pictures folder, then i re-upload them.
[QUOTE=Géza!;34030549]Tell you what, I got utterly stuck with Necrons on the very first Chaos region. Getting the resurrection orb for the Necron Lord makes things hilarious though[/QUOTE] Necrons are completely and utterly broken in vanila, that's why it's so fun playing them.
[QUOTE=gufu;34022617][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/I1uBl.png[/IMG] Low-saturation WH40k pictures look awesome for backgrounds.[/QUOTE] That is awesome.
[QUOTE=Jack Trades;34031011]Necrons are completely and utterly broken in vanila, that's why it's so fun playing them.[/QUOTE] I can't really play them worth a damn, though.
[QUOTE=Géza!;34031293]I can't really play them worth a damn, though.[/QUOTE] Build Energy Generators, build Necron Warriors, build more Generators, get Ressurection Orb, get Monolith, steamroll, win. [editline]3rd January 2012[/editline] Oh, right! I forgot, you have to build lots of Flayed Ones as well, lock enemy troops in melee with them, kill everything with Warriors and then resurrect everyone with your Lord.
[QUOTE=Jack Trades;34031316]Build Energy Generators, build Necron Warriors, build more Generators, get Ressurection Orb, get Monolith, steamroll, win. [editline]3rd January 2012[/editline] Oh, right! I forgot, you have to build lots of Flayed Ones as well, lock enemy troops in melee with them, kill everything with Warriors and then resurrect everyone with your Lord.[/QUOTE] Goddamn Chaos can shrug off Monoliths like it was nothing.
Guys, I want to paint my Space Marine Sergeant, what color(s) should I use for skin? (His head, in this case) [editline]3rd January 2012[/editline] Dawn of War protip: Be Imperial guard Rush enemy base with Guardsmen Win
in the unpatched version of DC as necrons you could build to your infantry cap as well, kill them all in 1 spot build to your pop cap again and then resurrect them all with the orb for 2x the population cap, I've never seen so many green beams of death to this day
I REALLY dislike Space Marines. I think they should have taken a severely low-key position in the W40K universe. Instead of there being like, entire armies of them all doing batshit, logic-blowing shit all the time. I like the IG, The Tau, The Orks, Tyranids, The Necron etc. but anything remotely related to Space Marines are well, fucking stupid to me. They look stupid, they don't impress me, they're boring.
[QUOTE=A Glitch;34031821]in the unpatched version you could build to your infantry cap as well, kill them all in 1 spot build to your pop cap again and then resurrect them all with the orb for 2x the population cap, I've never seen so many green beams of death to this day[/QUOTE] What [I]A Glitch[/I]! [img]http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab68/Taranato/Anti-Idle%20Arena%20Mobs/AwesomeFace.png[/img] [sp]That was awful...[/sp] [editline]3rd January 2012[/editline] [QUOTE=CodeMonkey3;34031868]I like the IG, The Tau, The Orks, Tyranids, The Necron etc. but anything remotely related to Space Marines are well, fucking stupid to me. They look stupid, they don't impress me, they're boring.[/QUOTE] I don't dislike Spess Mehrines personally, every game needs a [I]generic[/I] race/team, be it SM, Humans, USA, Allied, etc. depending on what kind of game it is. Best W40k race is Orcs, hands down. I don't like to play with them, they're opposite to neat and tidy, and I like everything neat and tidy but everything they do is extremely amusing. Just think about all those Orc stories about wish-powered space ships or traveling back to kill yourself to get 2 of your favorite guns.
[QUOTE=Jack Trades;34031316]Oh, right! I forgot, you have to build lots of Flayed Ones as well, lock enemy troops in melee with them, kill everything with Warriors and then resurrect everyone with your Lord.[/QUOTE] Or just get a visual on the enemy and spam the fuck out of the rear of its lines with Flayed Ones. Works every time.
[QUOTE=suppertime;34028107]As great as rubric marine fluff is... the tabletop world of Chaos is bleak. Fielding rubric marines means you've already lost.[/QUOTE] Not really. They are just used in a different situation rather than being a huge tarpit cheese. Plus driving the sorcerer in the rhino firing off S8 AP1 BoC is fucking awesome.
[QUOTE=Joazzz;34033030]Or just get a visual on the enemy and spam the fuck out of the rear of its lines with Flayed Ones. Works every time.[/QUOTE] I like dropping Flayed Ones across enemy army. That locks ranged troops in melee, allows Warriors to pour green death on them while the enemy infantry aren't able to return the fire. You really have to use your Lord smartly though.
[QUOTE=Jack Trades;34033106]I like dropping Flayed Ones across enemy army.[/QUOTE] I like dropping Flayed Ones straight into the unfinished enemy base.
I tried to lose against an Eldar bot on Easy as Necrons I failed horribly I hate how my Warriors just completely annihilate any number of Guardians, then the Banshees come and they annihilate those, too. How do I do this
In Dawn of War are you able to play exclusively as the IG or Tau if you wanted? I want to play an RTS but everything I see looks mind numbingly Spess Mahreen centric.
[QUOTE=CodeMonkey3;34033303]In Dawn of War are you able to play exclusively as the IG or Tau if you wanted? I want to play an RTS but everything I see looks mind numbingly Spess Mahreen centric.[/QUOTE] The campaign is the same for every race (in dark crusade/soulstorm) so playing as tau gives you the same time/experience/etc as playing as the space marines
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.