• Fallout 2238/FONLINE Help!
    408 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Aperture fan;33871342]OK, I managed to make about 900 caps. What should I spend them on? I can afford some leather armor, or would a padded leather jacket be better? If I scoop a little more shit I can afford a cheap gun. [editline]24th December 2011[/editline] In your Fallout 2 folder, you need a legal version. I have the Steam version and they're in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout 2\MASTER.DAT[/QUOTE] The problem with that is, I have no idea where my Fallout 2 disk is, so i'm going to have to find an alternative.
[QUOTE=Cap'nSpacePants;33871821]Ammo. Loads and loads of ammo. cause you will miss. ALOT. Also decent armor will help. And when you die by the way, you loose everything, but revive at a nearby random area surrounded by friendly NPCs (tribesmen, regulators, NCR Rangers, etc) Edit: Also, for those of us with Steam, shall I bother to make a group for easier communication? (If you don't have it steam, you can sign up and join the group, I think.)[/QUOTE] Make the steam group, my steam name is mrsmee.
Alright, the group has been made. [url]http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FPFO/[/url]
I managed to shovel together some Leather Armor MKII and a full condition Mauser with 30 bullets. I should probably buy more bullets, I have about 200 more caps. And I joined the group.
Alright, I managed to find my disc, so now I got the files, I'll be on tomorrow for some time, under the name Zeroarmorclo.
So I'm shoveling shit at the NCR and then some random guy walks up and starts shooting NPCs, so I quit before I got killed. I logged back in and the guy was dead, but it wouldn't let me loot him. Can you loot players? So anyway I go back to shoveling shit and then something blows up so I just quit again. I'll go back later...
Yes you can loot players. But the NPC or other people probably looted him first. Also don't log off in towns, if my mind serves me right, your body will stay there for a few minutes before the server realizes you left.
Anybody here named "?"? I remember they asked if anyone was from Facepunch.
Steam group made by Cap'nSpacePants is official.
Hey guys I just started FOnline again yesterday. Made a SG craft build. So far at level 7 I got 12k caps in bank, loads of guns,ammo, armor in storage, and got Small guns crafting at 2 and Armorer at 1. I expect I might get SG crafting at 3 in a level or 2. In-game name is ComradeComm, would love to help you guys out by crafting. Also Aperature Fan want to know how to make loads of money? Make BB's sell them at the general store in the Hub. 1400 BB's got me 5k caps. Also if the General store doesn't have caps trade your BB's for items of equal value then take said items to the Gun store and trade for caps there. You could sell the BB's at the gun store but 1400 BB's will only get you 1k caps there.
[QUOTE=$$JOSE$$;33876894]Hey guys I just started FOnline again yesterday. Made a SG craft build. So far at level 7 I got 12k caps in bank, loads of guns,ammo, armor in storage, and got Small guns crafting at 2 and Armorer at 1. I expect I might get SG crafting at 3 in a level or 2. In-game name is ComradeComm, would love to help you guys out by crafting. Also Aperature Fan want to know how to make loads of money? Make BB's sell them at the general store in the Hub. 1400 BB's got me 5k caps. Also if the General store doesn't have caps trade your BB's for items of equal value then take said items to the Gun store and trade for caps there. You could sell the BB's at the gun store but 1400 BB's will only get you 1k caps there.[/QUOTE] Were working our way to getting a base. i think we will get cave first as the depot is very far and cave is closer to NCR. Once we got it we will add everyone from FP that wants to join and they could use the base to their liking. [editline]24th December 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=Aperture fan;33871930]Yeah, a Steam group sounds great. Be much easier to communicate. Anyway, I'm too much of a wuss to go out and try adventuring. I don't want to die and lose all my stuff. A tent would be nice but I don't like the idea of it disappearing after 4 weeks. I don't want to go off on some long crusade and then have my tent not be there when I return. I'll just stick around the NCR and shovel shit for a while. And was it you that gave me those 90 caps?[/QUOTE] Tent only disappears after 4 weeks if you do not enter it. [editline]24th December 2011[/editline] We just got a base. FPFonline now official!
The game won't update for me.
[QUOTE=Zeroarmorclo;33878526]The game won't update for me.[/QUOTE] does it give you an error of some sort when you try?
Does this work with the steam version of Fallout 2?
[QUOTE=LtKyle2;33878860]Does this work with the steam version of Fallout 2?[/QUOTE] Yes, it does work with the steam version. someone pointed out how above
Where's the base? And how do we sort out who gets which container, or is it just some community deposit? How do we join? [editline]24th December 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=LtKyle2;33878860]Does this work with the steam version of Fallout 2?[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Aperture fan;33871342] In your Fallout 2 folder, you need a legal version. I have the Steam version and they're in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout 2\(MASTER/CRITTER).DAT[/QUOTE]
Hey guys, I happen to share a outpost with a friend of mine. He doesn't play much anymore so I'd be happy to let you guys join.
Ahoy lads! I've just signed upto the group! Really interested in trying this out. Anyone fancy showing me around? Feel free to add me on steam!
[QUOTE=Aperture fan;33879314]Where's the base? And how do we sort out who gets which container, or is it just some community deposit? How do we join? [editline]24th December 2011[/editline][/QUOTE] We all have personal tents, but we also all contribute to maintaining the base. Also we are going put up a bunch of caravans outside the base and everyone can have one for themselves. As for the base. get on the radio signal and I'l come get you.
[QUOTE=Si`Sik;33879537]Ahoy lads! I've just signed upto the group! Really interested in trying this out. Anyone fancy showing me around? Feel free to add me on steam![/QUOTE] What is your steam name and your fallout name ??
[QUOTE=Jackwumbo;33879551]We all have personal tents, but we also all contribute to maintaining the base. Also we are going put up a bunch of caravans outside the base and everyone can have one for themselves. As for the base. get on the radio signal and I'l come get you.[/QUOTE] Guess I'll need a radio then :v:
[QUOTE=Firefox42;33879503]Hey guys, I happen to share a outpost with a friend of mine. He doesn't play much anymore so I'd be happy to let you guys join.[/QUOTE] Thanks for the offer but no thanks. We also have characters with lots of Caps and a bunker. but, we felt like starting out fresh. You're welcome to join though. [editline]24th December 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=Aperture fan;33879651]Guess I'll need a radio then :v:[/QUOTE] Currently around Modoc getting brahmin. Should be back soon thought.
[QUOTE=Jackwumbo;33878749]does it give you an error of some sort when you try?[/QUOTE] When I hit update nothing happens.
God fucking dammit I just got killed in the NCR.
[QUOTE=Zeroarmorclo;33879713]When I hit update nothing happens.[/QUOTE] Attempt to run the game with administrator privileges. If that does not work, put yourself in your routers DMZ. [editline]24th December 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=Aperture fan;33879737]God fucking dammit I just got killed in the NCR.[/QUOTE] don't worry about it . When you get taken to base it is really close to junk, so you can make tons of bb's and make lots of caps.
[QUOTE=J-DAWG;33879598]What is your steam name and your fallout name ??[/QUOTE] I'm in the steam group, Walkin' Talkin' Stephen Hawkin' Im still downloading FO2 atm, I'm using a laptop since im back home for the holidays. Shit sucks.
[QUOTE=Si`Sik;33879899]I'm in the steam group, Walkin' Talkin' Stephen Hawkin' Im still downloading FO2 atm, I'm using a laptop since im back home for the holidays. Shit sucks.[/QUOTE] Sweet. looking forward to seeing you on!
I think I'll buy fallout 2 when it's next on sale so I can get on this as well as playing it.
[QUOTE=a dumb bear;33881481]I think I'll buy fallout 2 when it's next on sale so I can get on this as well as playing it.[/QUOTE] It already is on sale.
Thanks to fellow Facepunchers I might actually live longer then a day and do better then shoveling shit.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.