All Points Bulletin: Reloaded thread v6 - All Golds Are Hackers
999 replies, posted
The wall of shit begins
[B]Server Statuses:[/B] [IMG]http://188.8.131.52/dreamss/login.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://184.108.40.206/dreamss/colby.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://220.127.116.11/dreamss/obeya.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://18.104.22.168/dreamss/joker.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://22.214.171.124/dreamss/patriot.png[/IMG]
Previous thread [url=http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1104334]here.[/url]
Wikipedia article [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APB:_All_Points_Bulletin]here.[/url]
GamersFirst site [url=http://www.gamersfirst.com/]here.[/url]
APB Reloaded Site [url=http://www.gamersfirst.com/age-gate/?fbid=jdGIracpJeW]here.[/url]
APB Reloaded Blog [url=http://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/]here.[/url]
APB Reloaded Forums [url=http://forums.gamersfirst.com/forum/630-international-apb-reloaded-forums/]here.[/url]
APB Reloaded Facebook [url=http://www.facebook.com/APBReloaded]here.[/url]
APB Reloaded Twitter [url=http://twitter.com/#!/apb_reloaded]here.[/url]
[B][U]MOST RECENT PATCH (Taken from [url=http://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/236616-160-patch-and-downtime/]here[/url])[/U][/B]
1.6.0 SERVER DOWNTIME - APPROX 3 hrs - "Expected" back up before 1:30pm GMT
Prepare for a 204mb patch when launching APB today for patch 1.6.0
This is the big one! Expect APB:Reloaded to appear on steam at some point in the next 24hrs.
Hope you all enjoy FIGHT CLUB! (Beacon + Baylan Shipping maps), Camera tweaks, mission fixes, UI updates, Overtime functionality and our new "Auto Ready" feature.....amongst other things.
Release notes below.
• Check out APB Reloaded's newest game mode - Fight Club - a proving ground where
you can strut your stuff to show your dominance over the rest of the field.
• Using alternate versions of Financial's under-construction "Beacon" skyscraper and
Waterfront's Baylan Shipping yard, these maps introduce large team battles for
maximum action! Play up to 12 v 12 in Beacon and up to 16 v 16 in Baylan.
• Missions are Criminal v Enforcer and are randomly selected between straight-up
Deathmatch, 3-point Territory Control and 5-point Territory Control at the start
of each round.
• Fight Club is perfect for those looking for bigger and longer missions as well as a way
to work through roles to unlock weapons and more!
• Short on cash? Fight Club is your way to make money for that shiny new gun!
• 32-bit Windows? As Fight Club is more concentrated than the Financial and
Waterfront districts, players with 32-bit windows should notice substantial memory
usage improvements when playing.
• Look out for Fight Club Challenges coming soon!
Complete the challenges to get in-game rewards with something special for those
who are really on top of their game!
• The UI for some mission objective types have been updated so that they are
represented with visual 'bars' to make it clearer who is winning a mission.
• Some 'contestable' mission types (such as Capture/Hold and Territory Control) have
been updated so that teams now accumulate 'points' while completing the objective.
The team to reach the target number of points first, or the team with the most amount
of points when the timer runs out, will win the mission.
• Which leads us to...
• Wish that the mission didn't end just as you were completing the objective?
Did the other team snatch the item at the last second and walk away with a win when
you led the whole mission? Overtime is here to end your mission with a bang!
• Performing an action on a mission objective as the timer runs out will now enter the
mission into overtime. Complete the objective and then your team will move on to the
next mission stage with time added to the clock. Die tryin' and you lose anyway.
• Capture/Hold and Territory Control missions will now enter overtime if the team
behind on points controls the majority of the mission objevctives when the mission
timer runs out. Overtime will continue until either the team that was losing overtakes
the team that was winning or the team that was winning regain control of the
majority of objectives.
• The scoreboard has undergone a facelift in order to support Fight Club and the new
mission points system. Other changes include:
- The scoreboard is now 'ranked' with the MVP and top players at the top.
- Other characters' symbols will now show up correctly when you click on them.
- Separated Criminals and Enforcers in the character listing, in order to highlight the
• Numerous tweaks to almost all cameras. These include:
- The player camera has been moved in slightly (adjustable with the +/- keys) to give
a more dynamic feel.
- Camera motion on player movement has been lowered and smoothed.
- Nearby explosions will have a greater impact on the camera.
- Greatly improved the vehicle passenger camera.
• Added four new achievements for contact progression
- 'New to the Force' - awarded to Enforcers for maxing out Ty Durrant and
- 'Original G' - awarded to Criminals for maxing out Veronika Lee and Terri Quan
- 'First Pick' - awarded to Enforcers for maxing out Violet Prentiss and Chung Hee
- 'New Blood' - awarded to Criminals for maxing out Strega Bloodrose and
• After spawning into a district or after a mission ends players will now automatically
'Ready Up' after a 30 second timer.
• Players can manually cancel the auto-ready by pressing 'K' during the auto-ready
timer countdown, which will the revert to the old Ready system.
• Multiple tweaks to both Financial and Waterfront to fix various small issues.
• OCA: Recoil slightly increased
PMG: Accuracy Slightly Increased, Magazine Capacity increased 18 -> 21
SHAW: Starting Accuracy slightly increased, Movement modifiers decreased, Accuracy regen increased.
[B][U]What's new in the GamersFirst version?[/U][/B]
• Progression has been totally re-worked! Progression was really convoluted before, with rewards at seemingly random points, and it had some strange mechanics that needed a lot of explaining by game prompts. Additionally in-game money pricing structure on some of the game items resulted in massive run-away economy problem. But now?
• Upgrades are unlocked by performing their relevant tasks, for example you unlock better cas cans by performing Arson.
• Organization Standing has been totally removed, instead all contacts will fall under the guise of either a Vehicle contact or a Weapons contact. By progressing through these contacts you unlock weaponry and vehicles in a much more organized manner.
• All contacts unlock preset and customisable clothing options. Since the presets are now properly named you will now be able to tell which items and combinations are actually meant to be worn together (an annoying missing item in the original release).
• Open slot weapons and weapon upgrades are unlocked through specific roles that are levelled through using that weapon class (so shotguns and SMGs are all unlocked through the Pointman role, along with upgrades such as Magazine Pull and Reflex Sight)
• All Symbols and some pieces of clothing are now rewarded through random rewards at the end of a mission. Players have a very high chance (50%, modified by mission performance) to unlock one at the end of each mission, with different contacts unlocking different symbols.
• High level vehicles are now using a slightly different unlock system. You unlock the base vehicles and presets through vehicle contacts at high levels, with kits and open slot versions gained through completing time trials around the districts with those vehicle!
• The "in-game" or "earned money" cost for most items has been drastically increased. It’s better for players to have a load of stuff they want and have to work to get the money together to buy them, rather than be able to buy everything right away and have a ton of money left over.
• Various abilities or modifications have been removed and/or balanced.
• Weather affects have been added/updated.
• Weapon customization has been modified, with changes being made in various places.
• Armas Marketplace - A online cash store to purchase/rent various items.
[b][u]In-game Cash Store - Isn't this game butchered similarly to WarRock?[/u][/b]
With the game going to GamersFirst, the host of such other games whereby you can pay for weaponry, premiums or other benefits, many players have speculated APB could be ruined by this. However with the game being into its bloom and players thoroughly delved into the game it doesn't seem to be tumbling down, but this could just be attention-grabbing enjoyability. To quote GamersFirst - "Our goal is to ensure everyone has fun in the game, while simultaneously encouraging premium activities, since that ensures we can stick around and pay for the costs of running and expanding the game over the next several years. We are also in the middle of creating weapons that can be leased that aren't necessarily better than the ones you earn, just different, more specialized or has some other specific benefit."
So far the store seems balanced, I myself have paid for premium as well as several of my friends and also several Facepunchers. The weapons that you can rent or purchase permanently seem balanced currently, however there is speculation that the tactic of bringing out unlockables considered "overpowered", as is considered with this method of gaming, just to reel in paying customers as well as keeping both the game alive, and the players around it. Le'ts face it, we don't want it to turn out like RTW do we?
[B][U]Will I keep my characters from the game?[/U][/B]
GamersFirst have had old RTW character reclamation services available since the Open Beta, however some things will not be returned:
YES - Your original character, in terms of who you made in the player creation screen is offered to you, as well as the option to name them and the server you place them on. You also retain the clothing/symbols you have created/designed that you had during the first run of the game.
NO - You won't get back the money or progression data you had from the previous APB, as both of these and more have been restructured to make for better gameplay as well as incorporating the Pay2Play systems.
[B][U]What's in store for the future?[/U][/B]
• A more meaningful Clan system with improved League Tables. Tables were removed for the time being as to implement them in a more controllable fairer manner
• The "Asylum" is a new district in the works. As in the name, this is presumed to be an old Asylum with scattered wheelchairs and beds laying around. More in the Media section about this.
• Chaos Districts, whatever you thought when you read that, you're probably right.
• Major changes to the Upgrades system. They plan to substantially up the effects of upgrades but also add negative effects to add balance as to ensure players fall into different roles.
[B]Q:[/B] How do I change my clothes?
[B]A:[/B] Navigate to the Social District and Press M (Default for Map), then on the right side of your screen is a key, use this throughout APB.
[B]Q:[/B] My game looks like shit, runs like shit and I think it's shit, why am I wrong?
[B]A:[/B] Don't give up just yet, there is no doubt a fix. If you're on a 32 bit system you're no doubt going to come across errors this runs best in 64 bit. There are many pages out there (Google is your friend) solving issues for various problems. It is likely that if you relay your information across to Facepunch and suggest your error it will be fixable. Don't fear.
[B]Q:[/B] How can I get a shortcut of APB without having to use the GamersFirst launcher?
[B]A:[/B] First you will need to run the game (not the launcher) at least once. If you're trying to shortcut without having played once you need to sort that OCD out. Next go to the location on your harddrive you installed APB, e.g. c/programfiles/apbreloaded. Navigate to the binaries folder, and use the application "APB" as your create shortcut point. Do not use the others within other folders, they are to do with the launcher.
[B][U]Suggested fixes, not guaranteed so don't sue anyone:[/U][/B]
[quote]32 bit constraint removal:
1. Open up APB Reloaded/APBGame/Config/APBCompat.
2. Scroll down to the bottom, you'll find [AppHWConstraintsBucket3] and some shit underneath.
3. Copy everything under [AppHWConstraintsBucket3] and paste it OVER the contents of these "constraint buckets":
[AppHWConstraintsBucket2] and [AppHWConstraintsBucket1](they're above this one). There's a lot of weird stuff and numbers under them, you have to replace it all with the compression-free settings of the third bucket. So in the end all of the three buckets should look the same, except the numbers.
Also, using the launcher will reset everything to standard, you might want to keep a copy of all these. If you MUST use the launcher, do all of this after everything was checked and updated everytime before starting the game itself, but after you start the launcher.[/quote]
[quote]Reduce your lag today with the new Pando Media Booster Uninstallation kit:
This pretty much explains all the lag issues everyone has been having, as it opens like 20 connections and eats upload bandwidth which can sometimes cause you to ping higher to the servers.
I found this out when I noticed a lag spike and opened comodo to see what was using what, and I found PMB.exe eating tons of bandwidth with tons of connections out. After some research, PMB is Pando Media Booster, basically a bittorrent application.
The Fix: Go to Program Files\Pando Networks\Pando Media Downloader and uninstall it. This uninstalls the software, and should allow you to keep playing the game as normal.[/quote]
[B][U]Simple Guides - Various screenshots and images with numbered annotations and such.[/U][/B]
[I]1)This is your cash multiplier, the game will multiply your handed in cash by this amount
2) This shows your Notoriety/Prestige
3) Example of a player increasing their standing with a contact.
4) This is the standing the players earned from taking part in a mission.
5) The cash this player currently has.[/I]
[i]1) Click this to open the vehicle purchase screen. You can view locked and unlocked vehicles here.
2) Clicking the X will no longer make the current car your default.
3) Shows the details of the highlighted (yellow outline) vehicle.
4) Opens the Vehicle Editor screen for the current highlighted car
5) Opens the chat window whislt in the editor. Esc to close
6) Shows the current decal limit on the highlighted vehicle. Depending on your account depends on the amount allowed[/i]
[i]1) Used to input various search terms, you can alter what you find with this
2) Click this to add your own auction.
3) Shows the High Bid and Buy Price.
4) Clicking this on a highlighted auction opens a window to view the auction in.
5) The details of the selected auction[/i]
[i]1) Click this to send a message.
2) Mail telling you of the remaining lease time on weapons/items.
3) This contains attachments or money sent via mail. This could be player to player or from somewhere like the marketplace or a reward from playing the game
4) This is used to delete the currently selected mail.[/i]
1) This takes you to the page you can buy new clothes from.
2) Add or remove clothes from your outfit with these buttons.
3) These keys place clothing above/below another piece of clothing. Their are constraints here, but can be useful.
4) This shows the details of the seleced clothing, such as gender, faction, rating and such
5) This button will open the clothing customizer where you can add decals and such to clothing. Only usable with clothing you bought from earning, not the Marketplace (as shown here).
6) This is the outfit selection. You can add a number of outfits to save, editing when you choose.[/i]
1) Decal window, from here you can select which decals you wish to put onto your canvas (3) to edit.
2) Tools, similar to that of MSPaint or such, use these to manipulate or change the shape of the layers.
3) The canvas, where you edit your symbol.
4) Background, simply displays a different coloured background for reference.
5) Colour palette, colour picker and numerical colour controls.
6) Layers window shows the layers currently on the page. For layering, top of the window for above, bottom for below.
7) Effects such as gradients, camouflage and masks. Various others also.[/i]
[i]This window is the Ammo window from press F (default) on a Joker Ammo Machine, its pretty basic, buy ammo here.[/i]
[i]Opening a contact screen gives you the option to pledge, buy/sell items and even open the Armas Marketplace.[/i]
This is the contact tree. It is the order in which you unlock contacts, shown is both Criminal (Red) and Enforcer (Blue) trees.
This may have only been for informative reasons, but the above screenshots will have hopefully made you eager to try out APB.
PM me if you want SS/Videos here.
:rock:[B]Summer 2010, Real Time Worlds was going under and decided to do a cosplay about the game. Users were basically given several choices to completely humiliate this guy and dress him up like a character in APB, which was composed of several stages. This was called the "APB Human Avatar".[/B]:rock:
Asylum - Screenshots (Map that has been missing in action since RTW)
[B]APB at E3 [/B]- Clan Warfare System
With APB: Reloaded at E3, many players were curious as to what they'd be showcasing and promoting. Well E3 week marked the beginning of closed testing for the most welcomed Clan Warfare system that is due to be introduced. Check this quote out:
Up until now, having a clan to play with in-game is a nice perk and a handy way to socialize with your friends, but doesn’t really offer any real incentives for players to utilize it as a feature. Clan warfare will turn that on its ears by opening up a third action district that players will fight to control. Running missions against enemy clans is one thing, but being able to see your custom graphics displayed on buildings throughout a district under your control adds a much greater sense of ownership to the core activities found within the game.
Clan warfare will allow between 8 and 20 clan members to fight one another in ranked deathmatches in the new Clan Districts being added specifically for the new gameplay type. Not only will this add a much-requested gameplay mode into the mix, but it gives clans more purpose since you’ll be able to fight your way up the clan ladder and rankings. The Reloaded team is currently deciding whether or not same-faction clans will be able to battle it out, but discussing it with Bjorn we both agreed that it would be pretty cool to have criminal vs. criminal or enforcer vs. enforcer warfare, though we'll have to wait and see if that's implemented in the official release.[/quote]
[b]Shots from around APB[/b] (OLD)
:rock::rock::rock:List of FP Users: [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CKbW-NMH&key=0AoO2RppUSHP6dHF3eE5fZThsU0dzdzU0TnhTdUlnZVE&hl=en&authkey=CKbW-NMH#gid=0]Click[/url]
:rock::rock::rock:Add your name to the list here: [url=https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHF3eE5fZThsU0dzdzU0TnhTdUlnZVE6MQ]Click[/url]
[B][U]Facepunch Player Screenshots - From the Community[/U][/B]
[B][U]Credits - Taken from LAST thread[/U][/B]
[B]Clunj - Last thread[/B]
Pastebin of OP: [url=http://pastebin.com/H3CxA1aJ]Click[/url]
Hooray, let's fill this one with tears of how shit APB is!
I am a double hacker, then
Mmmhh, I love that new thread smell.
You mother fucker. I had a feeling that guy was a facepuncher or something. I didn't understand if ch1l was retarded or just trolling yesterday.
what's changed since the game went live? haven't played in a month or two
Info from first post explains everything. But really, nothing.
Yay new thread....
[QUOTE=SouthParkMGT;34018411]Info from first post explains everything. But really, nothing.[/QUOTE]
I wish I knew they were going to enable autolock again., I would have written a new one ahead of time.
But no, they have to do it after I go to bed on the day I have company, I only just got back.
Welp I'm gold must be a hacker.
Hey does anyone know how to get the Espacio with windows?
Is that a hacked car, or Armas custom, or (extremely unlikely) available to anyone?
dunno if joker is US1 or US2 on the spreadsheet so incase I got it wrong I'm
it's been a while since they added something to armas
[QUOTE=cameleot;34021555]it's been a while since they added something to armas[/QUOTE]
I saw an Espacio with windows instead of panels once, so I was wondering about it.
Was wondering if anyone were gonna make the next one.
Is the spreadsheet updated? Trying to find out how many active FP'ers there are on Obeya.
[i]The brilliant matchmaking system of APB:R[/i]
I am versing all golds now and I can't win any missions.
all of those players are terrible though
the worst that could happen is they exploit to win, or some glitch happens
just get a good team and don't use a specialist loadout (i.e. that ALIG you're using) unless you have a team that's suitable for you to be using said weapon and be a perfectly fitting asset
[QUOTE=Mr. Someguy;34021576]I saw an Espacio with windows instead of panels once, so I was wondering about it.[/QUOTE]
I think I saw one earlier when I was browsing which car to buy next but I'm 90% certain it's a preset custom kinda vehicle
Ya they're presets.
Espacio Grilla and Slayer have windows
[QUOTE=Kung Fu Jew;34024421]all of those players are terrible though
the worst that could happen is they exploit to win, or some glitch happens
just get a good team and don't use a specialist loadout (i.e. that ALIG you're using) unless you have a team that's suitable for you to be using said weapon and be a perfectly fitting asset[/QUOTE]
I don't know for some reason I do way better with machine guns. I guess because they shoot big bullets, and I like killing snipers with them.
The matchmaking system can be interesting at times, for the most part it works properly though, the key is going to a district that is your level.
I manually picked a district to go to and found out it was full of lowbies because everytime i got a match it was 2 (my team)vs 6-8) players. Needless to say me and my friend laughed and took them all on. Won for the most part. It was fun because of the amount of gunfire we took, dodging it and basically fighting a never ending wave of people. One dies, two more show up. etc.
We've had the exact same OP for what, the third thread now?
[QUOTE=MR-X;34027092]The matchmaking system can be interesting at times[/QUOTE]
Ya it's great. Me and 3 r3-14 trainees vs 3 silvers and a trainee
[QUOTE=Mastahamma;34027342]We've had the exact same OP for what, the third thread now?[/QUOTE]
No, I updated the op image to recent times. Look closely next time.
It's still got lines like "PM me if you want symbols made"
ProTip - if you want matches with tons of lowbies all the time, pick a district manually AND pick a district with about 15-20 players for each side
Also a tip for enforcers - look for districts where is a lot of crims and few enfs. If you see Financial or Waterfront with for example 50 crims and 30 enfs - that's it.
Coadjutants in Obeya make me laugh
nobody has enough brain to figure out what they do
I'll be honest, that's the first time I've even heard the word "coadjutant".
[QUOTE=itzspacy;34026818]I don't know for some reason I do way better with machine guns. I guess because they shoot big bullets, and I like killing snipers with them.[/QUOTE]
you aren't doing good with a weapon if you can't win with it
Don't know if I should join Obeya or Patriot.
Where does European facepunch hang out?
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.