• The Wii U Megathread - Still Doomed Edition
    12,593 replies, posted
[sp]Windfall auction house, first item up for bid[/sp] [QUOTE=mark6789;42443267]Weeeeelll i wouldnt say identical. Nicer HDMI cables are better but not THAT much better.[/QUOTE] The difference in picture quality between HDMI cables is so small no human could reasonably detect it. Literally the only practical difference between HDMI 1 and HDMI 1.4a is that the latter has inbuilt ethernet (which isn't all that good from my experience). Even the "high speed" cables only reduce latency by an average of 0.3Ms. The only company that tries to dispute this is Monster, makers of the most pointlessly expensive cables in the world. The reason for this should be obvious.
[QUOTE=Rusty100;42440134]nope, it's still being a turd. i can't connect it to the ethernet without disconnecting the home theatre pc which i don't want to do (there are no extra ports or long ass cables)[/QUOTE] So setting up a static IP didn't work?
[QUOTE=Nintendo-Guy;42443431]wow it's been so long since i played wind waker, i keep thinking i remember where each island is and then i end up going in the wrong direction for like 5 minutes also how do i get the fast sail[/QUOTE] Auction House on windfall island, make sure you have enough rupies
I wish I could make my Gamepad screen give me more colors, WWHD looks less colorful on it.
[QUOTE=Xonax;42445122]I wish I could make my Gamepad screen give me more colors, WWHD looks less colorful on it.[/QUOTE] If power saving mode is on (in controller/gamepad options, from the home button menu) turn it off. Additionally, any screen brightness above 3 seems to wash the colors out slightly. If these are already met, then the color should already be correct. Perhaps your TV (or other places you've seen media for the game, like your computer screen) has its contrast/saturation set too high, which is very common these days due to manufacturers setting these things about 10% higher than recommended to make their screens look artificially more vibrant.
[QUOTE=Everything;42445493]If power saving mode is on (in controller/gamepad options, from the home button menu) turn it off. Additionally, any screen brightness above 3 seems to wash the colors out slightly. If these are already met, then the color should already be correct. Perhaps your TV (or other places you've seen media for the game, like your computer screen) has its contrast/saturation set too high, which is very common these days due to manufacturers setting these things about 10% higher than recommended to make their screens look artificially more vibrant.[/QUOTE] I'll try that tomorrow, cheers.
[img]http://oi44.tinypic.com/1589ovm.jpg[/img] Tingle bottles are so much fun. Collecting them is hit or miss but I hope some people who find mine get some enjoyment from em.
I wish you could filter bottle messages to "Drawn only" It's very rare I get a drawn message but they're always really interesting when I do run across one.
Club Nintendo has updated there new rewards. Get Super Mario Kart for 150 coins!
After today's news about [url=http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/07/injustice-gods-among-us-ultimate-edition-coming-to-ps4/]Injustice's GoTY Edition not hitting Wii U[/url], I doubt we will see much support by NetherRealm Studios in the future.
It's not coming to the Xbox One either. yet both the Wii U and Xbox One versions have been rated
[QUOTE=Makol;42450851]It's not coming to the Xbox One either. yet both the Wii U and Xbox One versions have been rated[/QUOTE] From Ed Boon's Twitter: [img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b196/Starmenclock/edboonnowiiugoty_zps5fdcf76f.png[/img] His follow-up tweets make it seem like this was Warner Brothers decision, not his.
Then what about the missing Xbox One version?
[QUOTE=Makol;42450943]Then what about the missing Xbox One version?[/QUOTE] He has gone from saying "It is not that simple" to "Not Out of the Question".
that's stupid
It's as if someone pays companies to [I]not[/I] support the Wii U at this point. blah blah complicated, blah blah right market, blah blah dont see our vision, blah blah it doesnt support this one tiny thing correctly All this shit sounds totally fucking apathetic. How hard is it to make a port? Is it a matter of closing down companies if it doesn't sell well? Why not take a fucking risk?
[QUOTE=Fangz;42443654]So setting up a static IP didn't work?[/QUOTE] i cant remember how to do that its been a while since i had to fuck with a router to make it work right
[QUOTE=Everything;42445493]If power saving mode is on (in controller/gamepad options, from the home button menu) turn it off. Additionally, any screen brightness above 3 seems to wash the colors out slightly. If these are already met, then the color should already be correct. Perhaps your TV (or other places you've seen media for the game, like your computer screen) has its contrast/saturation set too high, which is very common these days due to manufacturers setting these things about 10% higher than recommended to make their screens look artificially more vibrant.[/QUOTE] None of them changed a bit, what should I set my Contrast/saturation to? Well every setting for them to look a like.
[QUOTE=Rusty100;42451083]i cant remember how to do that its been a while since i had to fuck with a router to make it work right[/QUOTE] You don't have to mess with the router, here is a [url=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502326]guide[/url], and a different [url=http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/internet_connect_online.jsp?menu=how_to&submenu=wup-settings-ht-manual-ip]guide[/url].
[QUOTE=Fangz;42451327]You don't have to mess with the router, here is a [url=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502326]guide[/url].[/QUOTE] so it will work fine after the update? fuck it i'll connect it to the ethernet to update if that's the case
[QUOTE=Rusty100;42451350]so it will work fine after the update? fuck it i'll connect it to the ethernet to update if that's the case[/QUOTE] It is best to set up a static IP regardless, since certain routers cause the Wii U when using Auto IP to go into hissy fit mode every other patch.
How do I get my Pictograph to take color pictures?
u hav 2 stop being a hipster
[QUOTE=Rusty100;42451738]u hav 2 stop being a hipster[/QUOTE] Technically wearing invisible clothes over his pajamas makes Link the ultimate hipster. [I]"Oh, you can't see these? I feel so sorry for you, I really do, it's just that you're not a good enough person to see them.."[/I]
Is he a hipster for that? The game treats it like everyone see's them except link :v: [QUOTE=Xonax;42451713]How do I get my Pictograph to take color pictures?[/QUOTE] Go pester Lenzo in the pictograph store Answers to his riddles(?) [sp]1. Follow the guy in red overalls and a white undershirt till he reaches the mailbox. Snap the photo of him putting a letter in the mailbox. Be patient[/sp] [sp]2. In the bar there's a shriveled old dude, roll into his table and he'll panic. Snap a picture of him freaking out.[/sp] [sp]3. Right outside Lenzo's shop there's a girl in orange. Get her and the stairs in frame, when the dude in a green shirt walks by she'll look at him (and he'll look at her). Snap a picture when they're glancing at each other.[/sp]
[QUOTE=Xonax;42451713]How do I get my Pictograph to take color pictures?[/QUOTE] I just read that I need the deluxe Pictobox and I have no idea how to get it besides the original way.
-snip-
[QUOTE=Sift;42451984]Is he a hipster for that? The game treats it like everyone see's them except link :v: Go pester Lenzo in the pictograph store Answers to his riddles(?) [sp]1. Follow the guy in red overalls and a white undershirt till he reaches the mailbox. Snap the photo of him putting a letter in the mailbox. Be patient[/sp] [sp]2. In the bar there's a shriveled old dude, roll into his table and he'll panic. Snap a picture of him freaking out.[/sp] [sp]3. Right outside Lenzo's shop there's a girl in orange. Get her and the stairs in frame, when the dude in a green shirt walks by she'll look at him (and he'll look at her). Snap a picture when they're glancing at each other.[/sp][/QUOTE] Didn't see this till I finished the task, I got it tho.
[QUOTE=Reds;42451854]Technically wearing invisible clothes over his pajamas makes Link the ultimate hipster. [I]"Oh, you can't see these? I feel so sorry for you, I really do, it's just that you're not a good enough person to see them.."[/I][/QUOTE] invisible clothes??? what
[QUOTE=Rusty100;42452196]invisible clothes??? what[/QUOTE] Second playthrough.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.